464 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60642Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piccolosognorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3124210077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Room seats up to 36 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3124210077
A word from Piccolo Sogno
Regional Italian cuisine featuring a combination of local and Italian ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Piccolo Sogno - Best Restaurants in River West ›
Piccolo Sogno reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (247)special occasion (172)romantic (161)fit for foodies (150)neighborhood gem (116)notable wine list (116)good for groups (86)great for lunch (71)hot spot (65)scenic view (24)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Outstanding Italian dining!FoodyoneVIPDined on 10/16/2014This place has the combination of really great food and service in a beautiful setting! Pizza appetizer was superb with very crisp thin crust, Branzino, the whole fish, fresh and perfectly prepared, and the hen, crispy on the outside and moist on the inside, also terrific! On previous visits we have also enjoyed the wonderful pastas and the duck, which is amazing! Nice Italian wines. Full bar as well. The Chef Tony and /or his partner Cirro usually stop by to make sure you are enjoying everything. Cannot beat this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodTonyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Have never had a bad experience here. Regular menu is great, but make sure to study the specials. Always something great on the list. Had traditional Italian oxtail that tasted like it was being served in Rome. Gnocchi special with sweet peppers was different and a pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Exceptional FareLunchLoverVIPDined on 10/14/2014I've been here often over the years, but not in the last year or so. Things have changed! What was once a decent restaurant is now exceptional. A quick review of the lunch menu is all it takes to see that the offerings are not the ordinary things you'd expect to see on an Italian restaurant's menu. One that caught my attention was triangle-shaped pasta squares, with mushrooms and asparagus ... which was not only unusual, but prepared perfectly, with all the flavors coming together so subtly, yet so powerfully, that you barely recognized what you'd ordered! And this was LUNCH! I will most certainly return to sample the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Get the Sea Bass!!!ChicagoDnMeDined on 10/12/2014We went on a recommendation from our friends for our Anniversary dinner. They suggested asking for service from 2 of their favorite wait staff, but unfortunately it was both their day off. I'm not sure how better the service would have been, because we were very impressed with Franco. I'm generally not a seafood lover, but I could have eaten Sea Bass all night!. portions were good sized, and presentation was Stunning. The Sort Ribs were tender and delectable. The desert was good and not too over the top ; but honestly, I was so stuffed, I don't think I could have appreciated anything more at that point. All my wife could say is "We'll be back.... Don't be surprised if it's as early as tomorrow for lunch!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant!NanaDined on 10/10/2014The food, the serice, the ambiance, this restaurant never disappoints! We decided we would celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary there. Our server, Efron(?) was very attentive and actually apologized at the end of the evening because he didn't know it was our anniversary. He wanted to do something for us! This will always be our go to restaurant and not just for special ocassions! I highly recommend Piccolo Sogno.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceGustavoDined on 10/9/2014Great place to eat Italian food, talk to friends, relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianAjayVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was recommended by a business associate while I was in Chicago recently and proved to be a superb choice. The service was prompt, wine recommendation was right on, and the gnocchi was the most delicious I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York LosesNoMusicDined on 10/7/2014From the moment we entered it was an enjoyable evening. I was entertaining a friend from New York who marveled at everything. Not only was the entire menu to her liking (I'm a returning diner so I already know) but the fact that we could easily carry on a conversation while dining was a gift (as was the bill in comparison to NY) And if there was music we didn't hear it. Appetizers and main courses were abundant though we both settled on pasta and were satisfied. A word to traditional gnocchi lovers, this is different than usual gnocchi though quite good. I had the prosciutto/melon appetizer which could have almost been a meal. Paper thin and tasty. She had an arugula salad. The only disappointment we felt were the desert choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzanneDined on 10/6/2014Thought the food was just OK - not planning on returning anytime soon.
- Multo BenefoodieDined on 10/5/2014Piccolo Sogno is a terrific restaurant that happens to be Italian. The decor, table settings and food presentation adds to the whole experience. The food is outstanding from perfectly dressed salads to the roasted Bronzino followed by a hot chocolate cake with gelato. You can,t find a better meal. We will go back to repeat a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- What a joke as fine diningLSRRDined on 10/4/2014Horrible management and service. Couldn't get a reservation for a certain time, so we went at an earlier time. We sat there next to empty tables until we left. We could have gone a half hour later with NO problem. 10+ waiters standing around, talking to each other over ghetto tables. Twice, we had to request that our empty glasses and plates be removed. Hostess was rude when we asked for another table. Here's a hint to the host staff...you are not all that....this is not a nightclub and you are not a bouncer, so smile and try to make people welcome. I think they should walk half a block to La Scarola and see what good service is all about. Tourist trap for people who think this is cool in the big city.
- BEST ITALIAN IN CHICAGOTommyDined on 10/3/2014These folks go out of the way to make your dining experience the best and It shows. The black squid ink risotto brought me back to Milan where I have had this before that only could rival the taste and quality of Picolo version! Sea Bass was the best ever and fileted for you! Now that's service! The waiters and busers are so attentive without being annoying, the perfect balance!Special Features:
- Husband ApprovedPortPreferredDined on 10/1/2014My wife wanted to go for some time. The open table invite surprised her. She enjoyed the service, ambiance, and loved the food. Date night planned and completed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to beatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014wonderful evening- one of the last weather perfect nites in a special place- food and service match the atomsphereSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor diningSteakeaterDined on 9/28/2014Good food, outstanding outdoor space & atmosphere. Service was Very rushed, we were just another table. Would probably return. Only complaint would be how close tables are to each other on the patio, very cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningBambinoDined on 9/28/2014I love Piccolo Sogno. It all begins with the delicious balsamic vinegar at the table. Yum, yum! The pastas are terrific, especially the 4 cheese ravioli--like pillows for clouds. You can't go wrong with most dishes. With the weather fading in Chicago to cold, their outdoor patio is the perfect place to celebrate the last remnants of warmth before the next polar vortex cripples us. Don't wait! If the weather is great, get to Piccolo Sogno!Special Features:
- Best al fresco dining in ChicagoEmmyLouDined on 9/26/2014The food is amazing but there are other good Italian restaurants in Chicago. However, the ambiance of the outdoor area is not to be matched. Add to that the excellent service and you have a unique experience. If only winter would go away.Special Features:
- Good not greatFazio55VIPDined on 9/25/2014Nice garden seating on a beautiful night. Bronzino was very good, light and clean. Homemade pasta was overcooked to a mushy texture, disappointing good service and nice people make it a good chicago eatery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally went after 3recommendationsTayloraeVIPDined on 9/25/2014What a cool spot right in my neighborhood that I've never been to before. I don't usually like going to a place more than once on purpose, but I will definitely be making it back here this winter to check out the inside. The outside was pretty awesome. The vegetarian options are superb. I had the Stracci di Farro ($16): farro flour pasta triangles, mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, and truffle oil. Very rich, very delicious.Special Features:
- very impressedJJ78Dined on 9/24/2014had a business lunch this week. sat outside on the patio and it was great. would love to come back at night to see the patio with the lights on. the service was great (valet, server, bartender). food was even better. I would highly recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lak1VIPDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful outdoor area. Amazing food. A Chicago gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pjonesDined on 9/22/2014This place never disappoints! It's becoming a "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayAbbyDined on 9/19/2014Our daughters fav place. We also love the menu and service but our visit was marred by a very loud truck doing street work the whole time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MG07Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent food and wine selection extra care taken by everyone we encountered. Food is EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!CookerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Classic Italian restaurant -- seems to be a favorite for locals. Excellent service, delicious food and everything was prepared to perfection. Salads were fresh and delicious, pasta was hot and perfectly prepared. Short ribs were to die for. Waiter made excellent recommendations for both food and wine. My husband and I loved it so much that we went back for lunch the following day and ate on the outdoor patio! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat it!MarciVIPDined on 9/17/2014Terrific place for lunch! One of my favorite go-to spots. Try it; you'll love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 9/14/2014Piccolo Sogno was highly recommended; we wanted to sit in the outdoor garden which is beautiful but it was too cold. Overall we were disappointed; the food average; service average; it did not live up to the expectations and the build up. Pasta was chewy; not cooked correctly; a spoiled cherry tomato was on the salmon. Cheescake was below average. Tuscan Kale salad was dry and essentially lacking in taste. The atmosphere inside was really nice, outdoor garden is great if the weather is nice; but the food was disappointing.Special Features:
- did not disappointBonappetito2014Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, great ambience, great service! Will definitely return preferably on a night when its nice enough to dine al fresco in the beautiful outdoor garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- didn't meet expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014food menu was dull, ambience was non existent, and the overabundance of servers gave me the impression that I was being rushed. I have no need to return.
- Very good food and service, but...dineinthecityDined on 9/11/2014Very good food, from salad to main course. Service was excellent, attentive and caring. We were seated at a table that was half in the dining room, half in the bar area. Should not be a table there, and of course, "nothing else available". The dining room is a beautiful mix of contemporary and old world decor. Too bad we didn't get to see much of it.
- Another fab meal36whitelandsDined on 9/11/2014I took a friend for his birthday as he wanted italian. I had the squid ink seafood pasta and he had the pork tenderloin with a nice bottle of red. It was great as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day BashTootsieDined on 9/11/2014I went to dinner with my teenage son and daughter for my birthday and it was fabulous. Great wine list. Food is fresh and delicious. They even brought me a special dessert for my birthday. Mauricio was our waiter and he was very attentive even though the restaurant was packed on a Thursday night.Special Features:
- Beautiful Garden;Delicious ItalianMichluvs2dineVIPDined on 9/7/2014Transported to an Italian Trattoria the scenery is lovely in the garden but not so great inside which can be VERY loud. Wish they would be pet friendly outdoors. Need advance reservations to snag a table at this restaurant so plan ahead!Special Features:
- MavourneenDined on 9/7/2014My experience was not a good one. After making a reservation well in advance for the garden area, having it confirmed that morning, when we arrived were told "it would be a few minutes." Well a few minutes turned Into 20 and when we asked how much longer were told 20 more maybe more. I do not intend to go back to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone. A restaurant which does not honor its customers reservations is totally unprofessional and dishonest. M
- Amazing!!!FamilyDined on 9/7/2014From service, to food, to outdoor dining. Everything was just perfect and amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo Sogna's Garden is the bestKenJ629Dined on 9/4/2014My wife and I had planned the past few summers to drop in at Piccolo Sogna to enjoy dining in their outside garden. After never making it, this year we did and are we happy to say it was all that we expected. Almost like being in a private home's garden as you are that removed from the world around us. The food was excellent as well. I loved the panzanella, the best I have had. Pasta entrees were also well prepared with plenty to eat and great flavor. We split a fettuccine pasta dish and then salt encrusted branzino entree that was amazing. Well prepared and delicious. Also a nice recommendation on a wine pairing. Overall, I would highly recommend as must visit summer dining spot. Based on the food, I would even go off season.Special Features:
- A Real Winner!!!!ZADDDined on 9/4/2014The Branzino I was served With mandarin orange sauce was fantastic. This place keeps getting better and better. Ask for Alberto to serve you. He's a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 8/31/2014Food and Service both excellent. Tables were very tight.Special Features:
- Outside great fodd so soGreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great outside ambiance but food quality and service going south fast
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Arrived early - 6:00 - before became crowded, so very pleasant dinner/conversation. Food was very good, especially wild boar ragu, and like that pastas can be ordered in smaller portions. Panna cotta, a favorite dessert, was a little heavy on the saffron.Special Features: