Piccolo Sogno Due
340 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Piccolo Sogno Due
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolosognodue.com/
- Phone: (312) 822-0077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semiprivate small room for up to 20 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3128220077
A word from Piccolo Sogno Due
Italian with Coastal Regional FocusContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Sogno Due reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)special occasion (97)notable wine list (77)romantic (71)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (60)great for outdoor dining (43)great for lunch (40)hot spot (28)scenic view (11)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Fantastic little placeJanetDined on 11/21/2014You could walk past this place and not know it. Just a small front. But step inside and you have entered a place you'll want to come back to often. Service is top notch the moment you walk in. Warm atmosphere, cosy environment. Menu was wide and wine to match. Highly recommend the Antipasti to start. Fresh. High quality . Great assortment and delicious. We had ravioli and ribeye entrees and both were fab. The special for dessert, a pineapple tart was perfect. Our server was attentive and pleasant. Gotta goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!NanaDined on 11/21/2014This was our first visit to Piccolo Sogno Due, but it definitely won't be our last. We have been to the original Piccolo Sogno many times before. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Dinner was delicious! Would highly recommend the Pappadelle with wild boar ragu. The ragu thick and creamy and the the night's special pizza was also a treat. The dining room is large yet intimate and elegantly furnished. Tables are spaced nicely so you are not listening to other conversation. Wait staff was attentive and helpful in making suggestions. We will most certainly be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful, creative italian in River NorthJmacVIPDined on 11/21/2014Went here for a group lunch. Everything from appetizers to desserts was well executed and worked with seasonal flavors and ingredients. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Not overly expensive for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as UnoMPG1VIPDined on 11/19/2014Didn't like our waiter. He was gruff and distant. Most of the dishes we very good, as you would expect from this brand, but when I asked for some spicy peppers on the side, they brought arriabiata pasta suace. The cheese plate at the end was awful. Hard as rock and stale that tasted like it had been sitting in my fridge for months, uncovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely DinnerMichaelVIPDined on 11/19/2014Two Couples, one hour before the CSO, a lovely meal. We simply ordered our main courses and everyone was happy...the Monkfish was delicious, the Swordfish remarked upon....no flaws with the food and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for having a business conversationTODND74VIPDined on 11/17/2014The tables are well spaced so you can have a conversation with your table and not with the next table. The service is excellent. The pasta dishes can be ordered in an appetizer portion so one can enjoy the excellent main dish and a salad or soup without over ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BernieVIPDined on 11/17/2014Food was excellent, the pat dujour is freshly made and the sauces are very light. Gelatto is exquisite tastes homemade but not sure if it is.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian wonderOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Food was good, I had the ravioli which I thoroughly enjoyed. However, noise level was quite extreme and i was difficult to converse across the table with my partner. Waiter was not very attentive. Always said everything was good, but never gave recommendations or opinions about selections on food or wine menu. Overall 3 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local trattoriaPieroDined on 11/9/2014Antipasti, pasta and risottos, and secondi match Tuscan counterparts. Pappardelle, ravioli are authentic and very well prepared. Pappardelle with cinghiale is outstanding. Wine list is balanced, representative, with good wines that are reasonably priced. Expect $ 85-95/person including tip for antipasti, main course, shared desserts and 1/2 bottle of medium priced good wine. A bit pricey, but more convenient than flying to Firenza.Special Features:
- GinzerDined on 11/6/2014Arrived late in the evening after the theatre. The food was amazing and the service was perfect. The only complaint would be we felt a little hurried due to the fact we were the last table to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ENJOYABLE EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014Good Food Good atmosphere, very welcoming staff. A good stop for those wanting real ItalianSpecial Features:
- Best Business Lunch LocationMdainVIPDined on 11/3/2014The service is efficient and friendly. Our group selections were all a big hit. Great spot for business lunch or pre-theater dining. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerHensel310VIPDined on 11/1/2014My friends had a great dinner at Piccolo Sogno. (I was unable to join them.) Not sure what they ordered but they are very picky eaters and diners and I did not hear one complaint...small miracle. They had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- met for dinner with old friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We met old friends from out of town for dinner. It was a very nice time and the food was great. I would love to return.Special Features:
- As always, a dining pleasureRickDined on 11/1/2014Piccolo Songo Due is a must if you love Italiam food. Excellent service, wine list and atmosphere. Reservations are recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJoyLVIPDined on 10/31/2014Hoped to grab a quick, tasty lunch. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. Even though the restaurant was virtually empty, server was not attentive and kitchen was slow. The food was good, but not the best I've had there. I normally rave about Piccolo Sogno Due to others, but not this time.
- Attention to DetailsgailzelVIPDined on 10/28/2014We had several guests with dietary restrictions and the wait staff went above and beyond to satisfy that. Our meal was delicious. There were 5 of us and we had a round table which was ideal. When I made the reservation I asked if there was any non-dairy dessert they could serve the person whose special birthday we were celebrating and they came up with a delicious sorbet and a candle stuck right in the middle! This was over and above our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PSEssenDined on 10/26/2014The noise level varies night to night. A Friday dinner had a lively after work crowd, Sunday was quieter. The Monkfish, the Branzino and the service are great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch venueGmanDined on 10/22/2014Good food and service and I really like it for lunch because the noise level is not too high.Special Features:
- Great!Kelly562Dined on 10/21/2014Great service and delishous food. The wine list is great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014When making reservations, be sure to request a table that is not on the side patio. It overlooks a junky parking lot. Great ambiance indoors, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChefsMindymangoDined on 10/18/2014Chef Tony Priolo never disappoints!! From the great and amiable service to his amazingly delicious menu you can't go wrong at Piccolo Sogno Due or his original Piccolo Sogno!!! Always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend Piccolo Sogna DueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014A good friend whomis an expert on Chicago restaurants recommended we try Piccolo Sogna Due and we are so glad she did! We made reservations a week in advance, were greeted immediately and courteously at the door, were seated in minutes, and treated to wonderful service and food that was eaten first with our eyes! Exquisite and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is unbearable.tornelignumVIPDined on 10/17/2014My iPhone decibel meter was near 100db most of the evening. Granted, it was Friday night, and granted that we had one of the quietest tables in the room [SE corner], and granted that a sound engineer has installed sound-absorbing material on the ceiling, but nevertheless, this place needs to do more to create a pleasant place to dine with friends and have a conversation without straining to hear one another and without shouting. The food generally has always been excellent, but we had a dish arrive cold. We had to summon our waiter at several times to order bread, drinks, dessert and coffee [OK, it was Friday night at 8:00]. We brought friends here for their first visit, and they would not return; we will but not weekends.
- Declined in QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/17/2014On our last visit, PSD was very busy. It was a sharp decline in quality from previous experiences. So my pizza arrived with my entree, and none of the entrees in our party of 4 was better than fair. A note about terrace seating: one can smell garbage from the alley below.Special Features:
- As Usual, GreatdmfoodDined on 10/15/2014As usual, a great dining experience. The five of us all had different and great tasting pasta and seafood dishes. Great service and most accommodating. Leonardo was our waitperson. He asked if there were any food allergies. Everyone said no. I neglected to say anything about my asparagus problem. When my risotto arrived, I noticed there was asparagus in it. My wife and I were ready to switch when Leonardo said he would take it back to the kitchen to prepare it without the asparagus. I told him it was not necessary, but he was insistent on making my order correct. A few minutes later, my delicious risotto was returned - without the asparagus. A place where you do not have to yell across the table to be heard!! No disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Italian restaurantKandTFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014We recommend this restaurant unconditionally, and especially the papardelle with wild boar sauce. My wife said that her minestrone was the best she'd had in at least 10 years. Great food, great service, and great value. What more can you want?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Went to dine on pasta before the Chicago marathon. Enjoyed the ambiance, just slightly surprised at how fast our meal came out. We skipped the wine and appetizers before the big run..but I didn't even have time to pour olive oil to enjoy the bread before we were served our main course. The service was excellent but the speed felt like we were at a fast food restaurant. Seated, ordered, ate and left within 35 minutes.
- Good Food, Nice PeopleJerryDined on 10/11/2014Food was very good. We had 4 people and all loved their food. Try the sautéed octopus app. it was great. very busy, be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much waiting for the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014Even having a reservation we wait at least 45 min for the table, the waitress provide us with a warm service, the food great but the kitchen very slowSpecial Features:
- RobbyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Had a birthday dinner for four on the Friday night before the Chicago Marathon. Very crowded with a substantial noise level. However we were seated right away and we had no issues in having conversations. The service was truly outstanding, on one dish we requested if the beets from a different dish could be added to the one ordered and they were very accommodating. We had also told them we liked to share both appetizers and entrees and they made that easy to accomplish and enjoy. This was probably our fourth time here and we always love the extensive wine list, and the waiters ability to talk about the wines with knowledge and patience. All in all once again a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Mangia!ChicGourmetVIPDined on 10/10/2014All was delicious. Piccolo was hopping with hungry people all enjoying themselves. We loved the fresh and colorful beet salad with hazelnuts and dots of chevre. In an unusual move, we based our orders on what our neighbors were eating since the scent was heavenly: roast Amish chicken atop polenta with mushrooms. The chicken was both tasty and tender, the polenta comforting. The pappardelle with wild boar ragu was delicious and rich. Other temptations line the menu such as a timbale of eggplant, roasted prawns, and a variety of pastas to be tried on other visits.Special Features:
- Chicago's BestDogwoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had been to the Farmers Market in downtown Chicago & we pleased to see so much of the seasonal produce on the menu that night-all of it expert;y prepared & presented. The lamb entree was a delicious double chop but the accompanying slow cooked piece of lamb shoulder was a revelation. It was easily the best lamb I've ever had. Great pastas go without saying. Our new Chicago favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodChidinerDined on 10/8/2014This was my second time here in a couple months. Pasta servings are plenty but not a huge portion, you can actually have a starter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014Pre-theater dinner handled with aplomb, as usual. Two reasons for 4 rather than 5 stars: 1. Ambient noise, even at 6:00p.m. on a weeknight rendered cross-table conversation difficult 2. solely Latin waitstaff in an ethnic Italian restaurant is simply unacceptable! Staff is perfectly trained, and understands and responds to most requests and questions posed in Italian. However, an establishment of this nature needs to present waitstaff fluent in the language. Food and its preparation and presentation are otherwise impeccable at this location as well as the original Piccolo Sogno. Please add either restaurant to your 'must dine at' list.
- Great Italian in the LoopDiningwiththeBossDined on 10/6/2014A great dinner place downtown. Food was excellent and the service superb.
- Solid ExperienceAbbeDined on 10/5/2014I ate at Piccolo Sogno Due last Sunday with a few business partners and their wives. Most of the diners at our table weren't necessarily adventurous eaters so I knew that I needed to find a restaurant that would please the crowd, but also offer a special experience. Piccolo Sogno Due did the job perfectly! And our waiter - wow! He was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great DinnerLocalNeighborDined on 10/4/2014Great Italian food, many of the dishes are fish oriented, but wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/4/2014Tables are very tight and close to each other. You can easily hear your next tables conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!MattieDined on 10/3/2014This was some of the best in Italian! Great service, great food priced just right! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.