Piccolo Sogno Due
340 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Piccolo Sogno Due
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolosognodue.com/
- Phone: 3128220077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semiprivate small room for up to 20 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3128220077
A word from Piccolo Sogno Due
Italian with Coastal Regional FocusContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Sogno Due reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)special occasion (114)romantic (89)notable wine list (80)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (68)good for groups (62)great for lunch (47)hot spot (32)scenic view (10)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great lunch venueGmanDined on 10/22/2014Good food and service and I really like it for lunch because the noise level is not too high.Special Features:
- Great!Kelly562Dined on 10/21/2014Great service and delishous food. The wine list is great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beware of SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014When making reservations, be sure to request a table that is not on the side patio. It overlooks a junky parking lot. Great ambiance indoors, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChefsMindymangoDined on 10/18/2014Chef Tony Priolo never disappoints!! From the great and amiable service to his amazingly delicious menu you can't go wrong at Piccolo Sogno Due or his original Piccolo Sogno!!! Always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend Piccolo Sogna DueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014A good friend whomis an expert on Chicago restaurants recommended we try Piccolo Sogna Due and we are so glad she did! We made reservations a week in advance, were greeted immediately and courteously at the door, were seated in minutes, and treated to wonderful service and food that was eaten first with our eyes! Exquisite and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level is unbearable.tornelignumVIPDined on 10/17/2014My iPhone decibel meter was near 100db most of the evening. Granted, it was Friday night, and granted that we had one of the quietest tables in the room [SE corner], and granted that a sound engineer has installed sound-absorbing material on the ceiling, but nevertheless, this place needs to do more to create a pleasant place to dine with friends and have a conversation without straining to hear one another and without shouting. The food generally has always been excellent, but we had a dish arrive cold. We had to summon our waiter at several times to order bread, drinks, dessert and coffee [OK, it was Friday night at 8:00]. We brought friends here for their first visit, and they would not return; we will but not weekends.
- Declined in QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/17/2014On our last visit, PSD was very busy. It was a sharp decline in quality from previous experiences. So my pizza arrived with my entree, and none of the entrees in our party of 4 was better than fair. A note about terrace seating: one can smell garbage from the alley below.Special Features:
- As Usual, GreatdmfoodDined on 10/15/2014As usual, a great dining experience. The five of us all had different and great tasting pasta and seafood dishes. Great service and most accommodating. Leonardo was our waitperson. He asked if there were any food allergies. Everyone said no. I neglected to say anything about my asparagus problem. When my risotto arrived, I noticed there was asparagus in it. My wife and I were ready to switch when Leonardo said he would take it back to the kitchen to prepare it without the asparagus. I told him it was not necessary, but he was insistent on making my order correct. A few minutes later, my delicious risotto was returned - without the asparagus. A place where you do not have to yell across the table to be heard!! No disappointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Italian restaurantKandTFoodiesDined on 10/12/2014We recommend this restaurant unconditionally, and especially the papardelle with wild boar sauce. My wife said that her minestrone was the best she'd had in at least 10 years. Great food, great service, and great value. What more can you want?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Went to dine on pasta before the Chicago marathon. Enjoyed the ambiance, just slightly surprised at how fast our meal came out. We skipped the wine and appetizers before the big run..but I didn't even have time to pour olive oil to enjoy the bread before we were served our main course. The service was excellent but the speed felt like we were at a fast food restaurant. Seated, ordered, ate and left within 35 minutes.
- Good Food, Nice PeopleJerryDined on 10/11/2014Food was very good. We had 4 people and all loved their food. Try the sautéed octopus app. it was great. very busy, be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much waiting for the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/10/2014Even having a reservation we wait at least 45 min for the table, the waitress provide us with a warm service, the food great but the kitchen very slowSpecial Features:
- RobbyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Had a birthday dinner for four on the Friday night before the Chicago Marathon. Very crowded with a substantial noise level. However we were seated right away and we had no issues in having conversations. The service was truly outstanding, on one dish we requested if the beets from a different dish could be added to the one ordered and they were very accommodating. We had also told them we liked to share both appetizers and entrees and they made that easy to accomplish and enjoy. This was probably our fourth time here and we always love the extensive wine list, and the waiters ability to talk about the wines with knowledge and patience. All in all once again a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Mangia!ChicGourmetVIPDined on 10/10/2014All was delicious. Piccolo was hopping with hungry people all enjoying themselves. We loved the fresh and colorful beet salad with hazelnuts and dots of chevre. In an unusual move, we based our orders on what our neighbors were eating since the scent was heavenly: roast Amish chicken atop polenta with mushrooms. The chicken was both tasty and tender, the polenta comforting. The pappardelle with wild boar ragu was delicious and rich. Other temptations line the menu such as a timbale of eggplant, roasted prawns, and a variety of pastas to be tried on other visits.Special Features:
- Chicago's BestDogwoodVIPDined on 10/9/2014We had been to the Farmers Market in downtown Chicago & we pleased to see so much of the seasonal produce on the menu that night-all of it expert;y prepared & presented. The lamb entree was a delicious double chop but the accompanying slow cooked piece of lamb shoulder was a revelation. It was easily the best lamb I've ever had. Great pastas go without saying. Our new Chicago favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodChidinerDined on 10/8/2014This was my second time here in a couple months. Pasta servings are plenty but not a huge portion, you can actually have a starter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/8/2014Pre-theater dinner handled with aplomb, as usual. Two reasons for 4 rather than 5 stars: 1. Ambient noise, even at 6:00p.m. on a weeknight rendered cross-table conversation difficult 2. solely Latin waitstaff in an ethnic Italian restaurant is simply unacceptable! Staff is perfectly trained, and understands and responds to most requests and questions posed in Italian. However, an establishment of this nature needs to present waitstaff fluent in the language. Food and its preparation and presentation are otherwise impeccable at this location as well as the original Piccolo Sogno. Please add either restaurant to your 'must dine at' list.
- Great Italian in the LoopDiningwiththeBossDined on 10/6/2014A great dinner place downtown. Food was excellent and the service superb.
- Solid ExperienceAbbeDined on 10/5/2014I ate at Piccolo Sogno Due last Sunday with a few business partners and their wives. Most of the diners at our table weren't necessarily adventurous eaters so I knew that I needed to find a restaurant that would please the crowd, but also offer a special experience. Piccolo Sogno Due did the job perfectly! And our waiter - wow! He was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great DinnerLocalNeighborDined on 10/4/2014Great Italian food, many of the dishes are fish oriented, but wonderful restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/4/2014Tables are very tight and close to each other. You can easily hear your next tables conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!MattieDined on 10/3/2014This was some of the best in Italian! Great service, great food priced just right! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for allBamaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Recently celebrated my husband's birthday our two grandchildren. The food was prepared beautifully and special food needs were easily accomplished. This is our fourth time at Piccolo Sogna Due and easily has become our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for AppetizersDineMaster22Dined on 10/2/2014The appetizers were great - Especially the Burrata and Timballo! My wife had the ravioli - the pasta was cooked perfectly.... I had the fish (turbot) special. This was very disappointing. The fish was cooked perfectly, however the sauce (sweet/sour) did not complement it well - well over powering and far too saucy. The waitress already had had complaints of this dish.Special Features:
- Just deliciouswbbraunDined on 10/2/2014The food, atmosphere and service were all great! We'll definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devine DiningkyredhotDined on 10/2/2014This is a lovely restaurant with excellent food and wine and superb service. We received wonderful recommendations from the waiter for our wine - 2 beautiful ripasso wines. We started with a shared antipasto plate which had a delicious variety of meat, cheese and vegetables with a choice of breads and olive oil and balsamic vinegar available. I got the linguine with clams and loved it. My husband got the mini ravioli and he raved over it. Our friends got the swordfish and the pork and there was not much left on their plates afterwards. Dessert and coffee left us all sated and happy when we left. Definitely would recommend this excellent Italian spot. We did not sit out on the patio, but it seemed to be a popular area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star Risotto!MsFussyVIPDined on 10/1/2014My friend and I shared the vegetable antipasto plate and then the risotto of the day- both were fantastic! In fact the risotto is one of the most memorable dishes I have ever eaten. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/1/2014I've had a disappointing meal at Piccolo Sogno now my first trip to Due was very similar. My salad was great, but my main, Prawns, overcooked and fishy tasting. My lunch companion had the linguini with clams and she said it was very good. I thought the restaurant had a nice feel to it and the service was good.
- Great restaurantmaryelizabethDined on 9/30/2014I have also been here for lunch, and I loved it. I cannot recommend this restaurant or the original Piccolo Sogno more.Special Features:
- Fine Italian FarePWdinerVIPDined on 9/30/2014We chose Chef's specials: pasta with veal ragout, and short ribs. Both were outstanding. Our server was knowledgeable about all the dishes and the wines, making perfect recommendations. The beet salad was amazing too. Highly recommend this lovely restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodrobinsnestVIPDined on 9/30/2014Fabulous food and service. Vibrant place. Great for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True ItalianMylesVIPDined on 9/29/2014Balanced creative dishes served with great attention in a warm yet elegant interior.Special Features:
- Great start to a Chicago weekendPeteDined on 9/26/2014This was the first time the four of us dined at Piccolo Sogno Due. We were all very pleased by the overall attention to detail from the service and food preparation to the wine recommendations. We will return, soon.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentJG12VIPDined on 9/21/2014The reviews led me to have high expectations that were unfulfilled. An antipasta of mixed vegetables needed salt and oil to move beyond blandness.We ordered two pastas. One, an eggplant stuffed ravioli, was tough due to undercooking and its sauce was imbalanced and not as good as that in in local pizza joint. The second, linguine with clams, artichokes and bottarga, was missing the bottarga and most of the expected flavor. Service was attentive, sometimes overly so. It seems the waitstaff had little to do, so they were by the table repeatly.
- Excellent evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We went here for our anniversary...it was a perfect choice! Great service, incredible food, really nice atmosphere. It also very authentic! Would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinnerkjh519VIPDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I ordered two different pasta dishes, they were plated very nice and the flavor didn't disappoint! Would definitely return!Special Features:
- sexxyVIPDined on 9/18/2014Delightful for lunch and dinner. Food tasty Service lovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Power Lunch SpotQuasiVeganFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Another great meal at Piccolo Sogno Due. Tony and Ciro know how to create delicious, approachable restaurants with an emphasis on great service and food. I'm not sure anyone could be more freindly than this crew. This time I tried the kale salad with parmesan dressing. The portion size was generous and the flavors amazing. Frankly, I keep thinking about this salad. I went very pure for a main course and ordered gnocchi. As usual this dish always impresses. My collegue ordered a salmon salad. She eats at Pccolo Sogno Due frequently and this is her favorite dish. Looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing worthwhileValueVSDealVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pros -great ambiance and hotspot -attentive service -seated right on time Cons -pricey-not much value -mediocre Italian-nothing memorable -get to know your neighbors really well. Tables packed in tightSpecial Features:
- Good Lunch, but LoudChiJVIPDined on 9/11/2014Met a friend for a birthday lunch and having had been here for dinner, I expected the food and service to be great. What I didn't realize was that, for 2 people, we'd be seated on the banquette, wedged between two other tables. Unfortunately, the man to my right was a very loud talker and that made our lunch very annoying. While we might have asked to move, I figured that if they had a better table they would have given it to us (I'm not going to presume they gave us that table just because we were 2 women), but beware if you're a party of 2. Food was great, service was great, but for a lunch in the loop area I'll stick with 312 because of the spaciousness.Special Features: