Piccolo Sogno Due
340 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Piccolo Sogno Due
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolosognodue.com/
- Phone: 3128220077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Priolo and Todd Stein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Semiprivate small room for up to 20 people
- Private Party Contact: Ciro Longobardo 3128220077
A word from Piccolo Sogno Due
Italian with Coastal Regional FocusContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Sogno Due reviews from OpenTable diners
254 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (134)special occasion (119)romantic (99)notable wine list (79)neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (73)great for lunch (53)good for groups (51)hot spot (31)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Amazing Power Lunch SpotQuasiVeganFoodieVIPDined on 9/17/2014Another great meal at Piccolo Sogno Due. Tony and Ciro know how to create delicious, approachable restaurants with an emphasis on great service and food. I'm not sure anyone could be more freindly than this crew. This time I tried the kale salad with parmesan dressing. The portion size was generous and the flavors amazing. Frankly, I keep thinking about this salad. I went very pure for a main course and ordered gnocchi. As usual this dish always impresses. My collegue ordered a salmon salad. She eats at Pccolo Sogno Due frequently and this is her favorite dish. Looking forward to coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing worthwhileValueVSDealVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pros -great ambiance and hotspot -attentive service -seated right on time Cons -pricey-not much value -mediocre Italian-nothing memorable -get to know your neighbors really well. Tables packed in tightSpecial Features:
- Good Lunch, but LoudChiJVIPDined on 9/11/2014Met a friend for a birthday lunch and having had been here for dinner, I expected the food and service to be great. What I didn't realize was that, for 2 people, we'd be seated on the banquette, wedged between two other tables. Unfortunately, the man to my right was a very loud talker and that made our lunch very annoying. While we might have asked to move, I figured that if they had a better table they would have given it to us (I'm not going to presume they gave us that table just because we were 2 women), but beware if you're a party of 2. Food was great, service was great, but for a lunch in the loop area I'll stick with 312 because of the spaciousness.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMikielikesitVIPDined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for an outstanding evening this is the restaurant you want to go to. Four of us had different entrees and each of us raved. Service and pacing added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurantMmaureenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We live in the South Loop and dine out often. Piccolo Sogno Due is our new favorite restaurant. We love fish and there are ao many options. The Branzino was fantastic. The chef's selection antipasto was a real treat. They have a great wine selection. And the dessert - oh, my! To top it off, the meal was quite reasonable for a meal of this caliber. Great service, food, and wine. A winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SDG773Dined on 8/28/2014Wild mushroom ravioli was delicious. Zucchini blossoms light and flavorful. We went with a larger group, and most people seemed quite happy with what they ordered, though the broccolini was incredibly bitter (almost inedible). Lovely dining room.Special Features:
- Good eats but.....SfarelsDined on 8/23/2014Great food, good Italian wine selection, but on one of the hottest and most humid days so far the patio door was wide open and we felt as if we were eating in a sauna! Too hot to even consider coffee. Service a bit slow. It was way too hot and humid; this could have been much better if they shut the door! Too bad, as food was very good!Special Features:
- Nice, but disappointeddocVQVIPDined on 8/23/2014We were recently here for the 2nd time this summer. Let me add that my partner and I had visited the original Piccolo where we had a superb experience. Like before, the service was wonderful, our waitress was charming and knowledgeable. The location is also very nice, although one can't compare the outside garden experience of the original. The food we all found just "ok." I had a tricolor pasta with seafood that was pleasant; no pizzazz and I could have gotten that pasta anywhere. My partner's pasta with wild boar was reminiscent of the wild boar we had in Tuscany, but it's heaviness was not balanced with the flavorful pasta. The tuna steak was very good. Noise level was too high, difficult to converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Warm Winepcsk8VIPDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed the Chicago Gourmet menu. We had to request the special menu as it was not readily offered. The beet salad, salmon, ragu pasta, as well as the pistachio chocolate dessert were all very good. both of our 2 different red wines were way too warm as was an adjacent tables red wine. Unfortunately the tables are way to close and you hear everyone's conversations whether or not you want.Special Features:
- very enjoyablethinkshiftDined on 8/22/2014Antipasta plate and fish dishes were excellent. Pizza was good but not great. Would definitely go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRdtripperDined on 8/22/2014The staff were wonderful, accommodating and did everything to ensure we were having a great experience. I love risotto and could not eat the one on special - the waitress' response was "what kind do you like?" And they made it - it was amazing. I told the hostess on the phone about my fiance's birthday and they brought his dessert with a candle and birthday plate, without any reminder from me while I was there. The only complaint is that all their tables for 2 are lined up next to each other, so there is not much privacy, and you get stuck with your neighbors conversation if there are any loud talkers. Overall - extremely pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!DonnaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had a wonderful meal, everything was fantastic, food and service was exceptional, we will be back.,Special Features:
- Lovely eveningChidinerDined on 8/19/2014A friend and I met here for dinner and it was very enjoyable. Food is very good and portions are not humongous, yet I still did not quite finish my gnocchi. The service was excellent and we were not rushed, though the restaurant looked full. I would definitely recommend and will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Piccolo was a wonderful experience. The food was perfect and the location as well. Service was extremely slick and all in all a wonderful night outSpecial Features:
- JoJoDined on 8/15/2014Great pasta dishes at reasonable prices. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food & service experienceFunFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Took a dear friend and her daughter (who is a Fulbright Scholar) to lunch last week. It was their first time. Nothing but raves about the food, service, choices on the menu. We had a lovely time. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb RestauranthouseDined on 8/10/2014Dinners (Haddock and Monk fish) and service were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Got a recommendation from a friend in Chicago. A really excellent restaurant. Big room with a lot of noise, so don't go there for a quiet meal, but the food was first rate.Special Features:
- stephVIPDined on 8/9/2014Seared ahi tuna great. Special halibut also wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDannyboyDined on 8/8/2014Some of the best Italian food we have had in a long time...the wild boar ragu papardelle was to die for! Had great service as well. Would not hesitate to return to or recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Love this place!PattyGDined on 8/6/2014This is one of my fav spots for lunch in the loop. The good is delicious and carefully prepared. Service is top-notch. The Kale Salad is wonderful and the pizzas are fabulous and big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Piccolo SognoLuveatingoutVIPDined on 8/1/2014I dine at both of their restaurants often. The service, food, quality is awesome. I highly recommend this restaurant. Delicious and consistent.Special Features:
- A bit short of expectationsRetiredTraveler01VIPDined on 8/1/2014Good but not quite up to the excellence of the namesake Piccolo Sogno on Milwaukee Avenue. Not anything in particular to criticize... nor praise. Outdoor patio is pleasant... when air conditioning unit of building across the street isn't at full roar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindDboyNpinkDined on 7/31/2014Came to Piccolo Sogno on a Thursday night as a last minute reservation. We were immediately welcomed upon arrival. The wait staff was very friendly, answered all the questions we had about the menu and wine list. Our server recommended items on the menu which were amazing. The cocktails from the bar were perfect, the food was fresh and delicious. We will return soon. Do not miss the Antipasto Platter (made daily by the chef), the housemade breads & pastas, the Bransino, and the roasted beet salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedeeVIPDined on 7/31/2014First of all we had requested an outdoor table and that was honored without hesitation, the manager seated us and was so nice and friendly as were all the hosts, waiters, etc...We selected an antipasti tray and it was diverse as it was delicious, it had wonderful cheeses, artichokes, peppers, and so on, I selected as my main course lamb loin and it was tender and juicy so wonderful, our server was so attentive, we just had a great dining experience...Special Features:
- Everyone in party disappointedMicheleVIPDined on 7/31/2014Party of 7- no one was satisfied with their meal. Either pasta cooked till it was mushy and stuck together, the tuna dish had no taste and tuna was NOT fresh. The servers were not attentive, we had to ask for a second drink, ask for water, bread and cheese! $400 plus for pasta and it was in edible !
- Expensive ItalianregulardinerVIPDined on 7/31/2014My third visit to duo (once at uno). We had a party of six with four out of towners. Everyone enjoyed their salads and pasta or fish dishes. Service was efficient and professional. Its pricey but a good spot for an evening out.
- Little ItalyFoodEddieDined on 7/28/2014Best Italian Food in Chi, along with its big brother.Special Features:
- Nice, but...MuenkeyDined on 7/26/2014I would come back, but maybe not on a Saturday. Food was good, however too many selections involved seafood for my taste. This place was awfully noisy, no I wouldn't choose the for a romantic, intimate dinner; we really had to yell over the table to have any kind of conversation. Though it was extremely crowded, the servers kept up splendidly, and were very charming. Also it was fairly pricey. All in all a good experience.
- Fantastic!Hates2CookVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was hard to decide what to get, everything looked so good. Our food was fantastic - fried zuchinni blossoms, caprese salad, gnocchi - I can't even remember what all we got - it was all sooooo good. Dessert was also just wonderful - some old favorites and some new ones. The layered mouse was light and so good. Great coffees too. Love this place!Special Features:
- delicious dinnercherylVIPDined on 7/25/2014My first time dining here. I had heard raves about Piccolo Due, and they were right! The food was delicious--very good quality ingredients. The Caprese Salad was the best I have eaten, probably because of the imported Buffalo Mozzarella. Service was great. Our waiter knew about the food and its preparation. Wonderful experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- DiDiVIPDined on 7/24/2014Delicious food, great service and sitting on outside patio was wonderful. So happy to have this restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Place in River NorthAdmiralVIPDined on 7/22/2014I took a business associate from Denver to Piccolo on Tuesday night to give him a taste of Italian food Chicago style and Piccolo did not let me down. My associate was blown away by the grilled octopus appetizer and then couldn't believe the fluffy texture of the Turbot. Piccolo is a wonderful place to dine and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- thatsbonVIPDined on 7/21/2014This is the third time I've been here and I have to say it's the best Italian restaurant in Chicago! I also love that you can get half portions of pasta. Special mention of the fetuccini with veal ragu. The pasta is homemade and perfectly cooked al dente. Also loved the seafood appetizer with clams, mussels, shrimp and octopus. Simply outstanding. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- JudyLVIPDined on 7/20/2014We brought two more couples to dine with us this time and they loved it too. It is one of our favorite restaurants in the downtown Chicago area and we will continue to return and bring more friends.Special Features:
- Little Dream!Sue71Dined on 7/19/2014We had an absolutely wonderful first time!! It truly was a little dream of a restaurant. Great food and service. You won't be disappointed if you get the boar ragu!! Delish!! Could have used some lighter pasta options for those who don't want heavy sauces. Nice attention to detail from all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really goodGaryVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have been wanting to try Piccolo for some time. It was great. The food was prepared perfectly. The service was even better. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- ExcellentSusieDined on 7/17/2014Great restaurant experience Food,service, and ambience were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picolo Sogno never disappointsDiscriminateDinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014The food at Picolo Sogno Due is as excellent as the original and the service is always flawless. I've had never had anything off the menu or specials that I would not reorder or hesitate to recommend. This spot is great for a business lunch or dinner, a night out with the girls or a date night. Regardless of the occasion the servers will make you feel as if you're their only table and never be overbearing. Their recommendations are spot on and the sommelier is wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly, also a Little Dream Too!SeasonedTravelerVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food was excellent. Raviola and Timballo Appetizers were very good especially if together and shared! The Branzino entrée was superb but the Halibut was perhaps a bit strange.The Fregola as a side dish was very good. Service from Maribel was second to none: Professional yet very personable. Piccolo Sogno Due is definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.