Piccolo Ristorante Italiano
651 Oak Grove Avenue, Suite #H
Menlo Park, CA 94025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piccolo Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://piccoloristoranteitaliano.com/
- Phone: 6503261314
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: M-S 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Piccolo Ristorante Italiano
Piccolo Ristorante Italiano is a cozy and intimate authentic Italian restaurant located in the heart of downtown Menlo Park. We are a small 12 table restaurant, which is where our name "Piccolo" comes from. "Piccolo" in Italian means small.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piccolo Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in Menlo Park ›
Piccolo Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- mixed experiences but good over alllocalDined on 9/10/2014In the past several occasions, wonderful food, served hot, good service and ambience in a cute, charming little neighborhood place. This time, service "spottier", busboy bringing dishes confused as to whose dish was whose, partially our fault, true. Food was very good as in past, house wine also. I would still recommend this place as a "go-to" neighborhood, reasonably priced with good food restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceMattVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a great little spot. Fantastic food. The service was warm and comfortable and the food was tasty and fresh.Special Features:
- Neighborhood/family friendly placeCoraVIPDined on 8/30/2014Easy to find location but a small establishment. Inexpensive wine but choice is limited. Hostess did read my request of window table. That's good. Service overall is nice. Restroom is NOT inside the restaurant. Appetizer is the weakest. Pasta was cooked properly and rich of favor. Dessert was tasty too. A place for family and if you are in the neighborhood. Very affordable.Special Features:
- SharSharVIPDined on 8/22/2014We had a very nice dinner at Piccolo. I had the sausage hand rolled pasta and my husband the special pasta that day. They both were delicious.Special Features:
- Good Italian EatsemluvsfoodDined on 8/20/2014Found this Menlo Park neighborhood gem and decided to try it. I had the homemade fettucine with prawns and it was delicious. For dessert, we had the semifreddo and it was quite nice and light to finish off the meal. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I'm looking forward to returning so I can try different items from the menu.Special Features:
- variety is the spice of lifelynnieVIPDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed Piccolo but we feel it needs some more heathy choices and not so much cream sauce and meat. The staff were friendly and professional and we will probably return, but would do this more often if they had more variety.Special Features:
- Piccolo ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014A wonderful dinner, professional service with lots of smiles, delicious risotto, had to ask for a bit more truffle oil, limited wine list but ambiance and food made up for it. Will definitely go there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaderaFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Will go there again & get take out. My food was terrific - including fresh mozzarella appetizer that was outstanding. Free canoli dessert ended our evening perfectly. Would strongly recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemCarmelfoodieDined on 7/9/2014This was our first visit to this cozy restaurant and we were so impressed. Very welcoming as you enter and our table was ready. Our server was knowledgable and friendly. She recommended a wonderful wine to go with our dinner. The pace of dinner was perfect. We never felt rushed. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. The pasta dishes were the standout. Unfortunately they had run out of veal so I will definitely order that dish the next time. Very large portions which you easily could split so you could taste more items on the menu. We were all impressed with food and especially the service.Special Features:
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014The food was excellent! The gnocci was so fresh with the gorgonzola sauce. So delicious!
- Had potentialmackenziezDined on 6/18/2014I wanted to love this little restaurant, but ultimately we were disappointed. The fish tasted old . . . the food was just sort of piled on the plate. It just felt uninspired. We won't return.
- authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We felt that we were dining in a small village in Italy. The pasta was superior and the service was homey.Special Features:
- Wonderful and Relaxing DinnerblueskyDined on 6/7/2014Thank you for a great evening! We were celebrating the end to a symposium with an international guest, and it worked out wonderfully. The service was friendly, attentive and welcoming. We thought the pasta dishes were better than the appetizers, but in general, all the dishes were generous in flavor. We would definitely come again and would bring friends and guests.Special Features:
- Defines "fake Italian"GrandmasAndGrandesToquesVIPDined on 5/31/2014If you like Olive Garden, you'll LOVE Piccolo. Fake Italian for suckers. Very mediocre.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Piccolo Ristorante Italiano reviews archive.
- Hidden Gemfootloose17Dined on 5/18/2014great service, great pasta's and veal. Cannolis OK, but wish we would have made another selection.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceNancyVIPDined on 4/22/2014We had the antipasti plate and it was delicious, tomatoes very tasty. I had the tortollini and it was wonderful. My friend had the scallopini and she said it was very good. Wine selection is limited, but the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- It was okayApeezMeDined on 4/18/2014Came for lunch with a couple girlfriends. The place is not big at all. Had to wave for the server's attention after sitting there for ten minutes without anyone coming to ask us if we needed anything. Service was okay it got started. Food was, meh... I've had better Italian food. It is a cute little spot for a quick bite to eat. Lunch prices were not that bad.Special Features:
- Cute Little Restaurant, Great FoodWayneDined on 4/11/2014This cute little restaurant in Menlo Park has great food, wonderful service, and a large parking area close by. It is a real gem. Great food, great service, and ample parking. Who could ask for anything more in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little PiccoloNikitaDined on 4/10/2014We came here for a birthday dinner -- the staff was so friendly and very good about knowing just the right moment to check in with us to see what we might need. The food was very good -- each of us enjoyed our dish; we had a 3-year-old with us, and the waiter was very helpful about suggestions for food for him. Great dessert -- it seems like a place where you could come for a date, or come with family or friends and have good conversation and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo Ristorante ItalianoRWSNVIPDined on 4/8/2014this place is cute, the food is good. the service is slow but kind. the wine list is small but not bad. it was a good place to have dinner for four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the noise level was so high,foodieVIPDined on 4/5/2014the noise level was so high, my husband and I could not converse. It was beyond "energetic" the salad and pasta dish was mediocre. I would not go back
- Awesome service and food!RelbeinDined on 4/4/2014This was the perfect pick for lunch. I was looking for something affordable with great food. The gnocci was EXCELLENT, so was the tortellini soup. Our server was so sweet and attentive. I only spent $15! I will definitely be back for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantZaylynDined on 3/28/2014Good, but not excellent, neighborhood Italian restaurant. Salads were great, pasta dishes had a little too much rich sauce for my taste. There need to be more vegetarian choices for the pasta dishes. None of us had the meat non-pasta dishes, so these main courses were not evaluated.Special Features:
- Reliable Neighborhood GemfrequentdinerouterVIPDined on 3/28/2014Always enjoyable for food, service (warm welcoming and efficient). It's our "default go to neighbor spot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Fare/ServiceDebbieVIPDined on 3/27/2014Review is for lunch only, though I can't imagine dinner would be better. Rigatoni arrived less cooked than al dente...and with 3 slightly still frozen meatballs. I finally had to flag the waiter down and he apologized and took them away...for a full 15 mins! I'd already finished my lunch when he asked if I wanted what appeared to be a bowl of sauce. I saw him take the meatballs out of the microwave, and they turned into nothing resembling a meatball...and given microwaving takes only a minute or two...was surprised he brought them at all. He asked if I wanted to take them home and to be polite, I said yes and tossed them as I left the parking lot. My partner's meal was medicore. Won't be back unfortunately.
- Birthday DinnerLindaVIPDined on 3/22/2014We decided to try a new restaurant in the area and the food was very good. Homemade pasta was delicious. My son ate his whole Lasagna which is unheard of. My daughter had the eggplant parmesan and said it was delicious. How many times have you made reservations at a restaurant and noted this was a special occassion (b-day, anniversary, etc) and the restaurant forgot? This restaurant did not, and they presented a beautiful tiramasu that was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Adriana was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014Our server, Adriana was great. Food and intimate atmosphere, even for a lady's lunch out catch up was fantastic. We greatly enjoyed ourselves and will come again. The insalata du salmon was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They waived the corkage feeOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/8/2014They waived the corkage fee on a Saturday night. That was above and beyond what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brithday Party Surprise - only OKIamBMWDined on 3/8/2014Had a reservation for a party of five for a surprise birthday party dinner - the table was at the entrance, it was a table for four with a chair on the end - a problem for a group of larger / tall individuals (very uncomfortable). The food was delicious, but service was stretched as the restaurant was packed with people waiting for tables - there was a nice variety and selection of entree's; each person in our party had something different so we could share the many flavors. Desserts were DELICIOUS! I will try Piccolo Ristorante Italiano, but it will be with a much smaller party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful pasta, as alwaystomgolferDined on 3/4/2014we frequent this restaurant - for good reason. Their pastas are home-made and always wonderful. We each had a salad and different pasta. All 4 pastas were great. Wine list is a little weak, but we always bring our own. Favorite spot in Menlo Park.Special Features:
- Staff are extremely cordial,Diane1Dined on 2/22/2014Staff are extremely cordial, timing on their part was excellent; we were seated in a timely manner. We would definitely return, only problem is they are so successful you had better plan ahead and have a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a neighborhood GEMFoodieFamilyDined on 2/19/2014We are regulars at Piccolo's. We love the food and the service. We are somewhat disappointed that the rest of Menlo Park has discovered our "treasure" and now have to make reservations at favorite spot, but good news has a way of spreading. Wonderful fresh pastas and the bruschetta is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice cozy restauranttiggermugDined on 2/14/2014First time dinning here. The place was a little too tight for the total number of guests they had that night. Not a kind of restaurant for a romantic night out. More for a couple who has been going out for some time and willing to explore some new places or a small group of good friends. Generous portion of food. The menu consisted mostly of pasta. Ordered one from the menu only to be told 10 minutes or so later that they had run out of it, so had to order a different one. I wasn't the only one amongst the guests, though. Could tell us when they brought the menu. Showed some bad communications between the servers and kitchen. Their web site notes that the owner is from the south Italy, but the menu selection doesn't reflect it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliablefrequentdinerouterVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food and sevice is always very good to outstanding for a friendly cozy neighbor spot. It's our default restaurant when we make a last minute decision to eat out and always when we want a relaxing, comfortable destination with quality comfort food and reasonable priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small but goodfood4meDined on 2/8/2014Bad news: restaurant is small and noisy. My chair at table of 5 constantly got hit by food servers passing by. Good news: restaurant was cozy for twosomes. Food was very good - homey Italian food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemLuv2eatoutDined on 1/23/2014Took a chance having never heard of this restaurant. The food was delicious and it was served piping hot, of which I love. Everyone ate everything on their plate and the potions were generous. Vegetables cooked to perfection. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavfinedineVIPDined on 1/4/2014Love the friendly ambiance of this place. Food is good, with homemade pasta. Salads have fresh greens and a choice for varied tastes. Service is always great and attentive w/o being intrusive. Nice to know there are still restaurants around that really care about their customers-seems like the norm these days are restaurants who forget about the customer. Will return.Special Features:
- I'll definitely go back toBobWVIPDined on 1/2/2014I'll definitely go back to this restaurant. The food was good and the service very attentive. There were three of us and we each tried a different dish - all were recommendable.Special Features:
- Great cozy spotFooderDined on 12/31/2013Sometimes a small tucked away place with great food is best. This is one of those places. Menu is limited but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/18/2013We love Piccolo. Yes, it is tiny, but the food is excellent, and the service is always top-notch. Highly recommend. We usually go on a Monday night, when it is much quieter, so a couple weeks ago I panicked when I passed on a Monday and the lights were out - turns out they have changed their hours so they are now open on Sunday and closed on Monday - good call! Like I said, the food is excellent and the owner and manager always remember us, and welcome us, and everyone else that walks in, with a big warm welcome! Great food, lovely ambiance, impeccable service = overall a great restaurant! Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.