150 South Beverly Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giacominodrago.com/
- Phone: (310) 271-0030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giacomino Drago
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Piccolo Paradiso
Piccolo Paradiso is a lot more than what you might come to expect from a neighborhood restaurant. Come in when you fancy freshly made pastas, meats, poultry, or seafood and are looking for an upbeat place that's ideal for business or casual lunches and dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Piccolo Paradiso - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Piccolo Paradiso reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (20)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Always delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Always excellent service and delicious food! Our "go to" place for a great meal in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodmarkdmarcVIPDined on 10/28/2014Very nice and very good food at this neighborhood place. Service was excellent. Wine list is lovely. Food was very good. An older crowd....but really just delicious.Special Features:
- No need to travel to ItalyFussyVIPDined on 10/14/2014Piccolo Paradiso is one of those neighborhood gems that reminds you of the most enjoyable trattorias in Capri. The great Sicilian chef Gacamino Drago has created an amazing assortment of simple and yet imaginative dishes from antipasta, salad, pasta, fish, and meat dishes that satisfy every taste. Baked artichoke is particularly outstanding, and unique. Wine list has a respectable assortment of Italian and American wines, including some very good half bottles. Service is impeccable, and attention to details is exceptional. They bend backwards to satisfy the customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousNOTAHAPPYCAMPERVIPDined on 10/11/2014Our favorite standby...just scrumptious. The Dragos do it again and againSpecial Features:
- SurpriseDannVIPDined on 10/2/2014Was just introduced to this BH Gem and now two meals this week. Enjoy the patio!Special Features:
- Nice eveningluvfoodDined on 9/6/2014First time we went to this restaurant. Very nice service and food was excellent. Server was helpful in explaining some of the menu items. It is not noisy and we didn't have to yell to be heard. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three TimesTastyMorselsDined on 8/23/2014I have eaten at PP three times. This is a test. If a restaurant is great three times in a row then: IT IS GREAT. And so it was!Special Features:
- love this placeWestwoodDebVIPDined on 8/22/2014I love this restaurant. It's on my short list of favorites. It has the perfect atmosphere - very hospitable and authentically Italian. The food is great, as is the service. They have the best maitre d' in town - Fabrizio - who's a great, welcoming presence. The receptionist is nice; so is the valet. I love to bring guests here with the confidence they'll enjoy their meal and feel at ease. I've seen very successful and affluent people in the restaurant who enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and good food. The menu offers some different items from other Italian restaurants and the wine list is great.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/7/2014Loved it such nice people and great food, Iam Italian I should know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebratory dinnerinternationalfoodie1Dined on 8/4/2014Didn't know this restaurant. My cousin guided us to it to celebrate his __st birthday. It's owned by the youngest of the Drago restaurant brothers and it is excellent. Trying to stay on my slow weight loss regime, I had the salade fruit de mer. Very lightly dressed it was superb and I kept on my self-imposed diet perfectly. Birthday dessert chosen by cousin was tiramisu. I had one delicious bite. I'd return here anytime. Dining early at opening time was a good choice, because when it gets more filled up, it can be noisy. For us earlybirds it was fine.Special Features:
- Don't Go To This RestaurantTastyMorselsDined on 8/2/2014Because, selfishly, I don't want to have to wait to get to those tasty delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fabulous!FoodislifeDined on 7/31/2014This was a wonderful stop on our trip to souther California.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Piccolo Paradiso reviews archive.
- A touch of Italy17foodfreakVIPDined on 7/25/2014The first time we went to Piccolo Paradiso we thought it was wonderful, and so we took friends the second time. Sorry to say it was not wonderful. Still a pleasant restaurant, but the food was only average. Salads and bread were delicious, but the veal scallopini was tough and the pastas were tasteless. It was disappointing, and the waiter seemed annoyed that we complained. Friends were underwhelmed and wondered why we liked it so much! Not sure there'll be a third time!Special Features:
- diningoutisfunVIPDined on 7/21/2014I return here time and time again. Food is always well prepared and varied. Staff is friendly and efficient. Great to have such a good restaurant so close to home.Special Features:
- TastyMorselsDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant has a pleasant menu option of mix and match for pasta. That is, there is a list of all of the different pastas, and a separate list of all of the available sauce. You can match any pasta with any sauce, and then you can even make additions to that result. This allows you to have exactly what you want. Unlike many restaurants in Beverly Hills, Paradiso provides ample table room so that you do not feel crowd even when all of the tables are taken.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentSusanGDined on 6/22/2014I go to Piccolo Paradiso often and it is consistently the best food in Los Angeles. The service is attentive yet inobtrusive and the total experience is 100% perfect.Special Features:
- What a findGoodFoodWoodDoDined on 6/17/2014Picked this up on Tripadvisor where it is rated highly. And desrvedly too. Our entire meal was faultless and the service was great. Very busy as well which is always a good sign. If you're in the area give it a try - if you can get in ahead of the locals of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant, comfy, deliciousCookieDined on 6/16/2014Perfect dining experience - elegant ambiance and service, with very warm, comfortable feel. The food is excellent and they have some wonderful wines. Look forward to going back.Special Features:
- xyzdinerVIPDined on 6/16/2014Extremely disappointing food at high prices. Notwithstanding that we were the only ones in the restaurant for the first hour, we had to ask repeatedly for drinks. Several entres were overcooked.
- Great foodEdwinaDined on 6/14/2014We dine at Piccolo Paradiso every time we visit Beverly Hills. It's low-key with the best Italian food . We may switch around other restaurants when we visit but Piccolo's is always on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.judy3430Dined on 6/10/2014They didn't rush you and the food was excellent. I was there for a business meeting and it was quiet enough to talk without shouting!Special Features:
- DavidDined on 5/28/2014Beverly Hills has an abundance of great restaurants. This is one of my favorites because the food, service and environment is wonderful. And, if you sit outside, a terrific place to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- biffVIPDined on 5/23/2014not the best drago i've visited but certainly not the worst. nicely priced and well serviced. food is well prepared but not terribly creative.Special Features:
- really nicetvgos1Dined on 5/15/2014great food. mix and match pastas and sauces is a great menu feature. really nice people. we had lots of fun and everyone easily found something to love in their extensive and flexible menu.
- Classy placeGinaDined on 5/10/2014I really enjoyed it. Location. Location. Location. It is the very definition of affluence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RogerRogerMDined on 4/23/2014Excellent across the board! Verry good food, service and wine list. Great Beverly Hills location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined ItalianFussyVIPDined on 4/21/2014Piccolo Paradiso is one of those wonderfully enjoyable trattorias that you would find all over Naples, with an extra touch of elegance, such as black or white truffle for extended part of the season, and dover sole, most of the year. The artichoke heart appetizer is sublime, and grilled fish and pastas are typical of the Drago brothers magical touch. Staff is very knowledgable, and extraordinarily friendly. A meal at the Piccolo Paradiso is always something to look forward to and appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible servicejdpe2014Dined on 4/3/2014The food was fine, but our waiter was horrible. When we sat down, only three tables were full. We were not even asked about drinks until almost the entire restaurant had filled up. The table next to us sat down after we ordered, and yet they received their dinners before us. No one ever checked to see how our meal was. The waiter threw my friend's napkin at her (twice!) saying "this is yours" because he wanted to put her drink down right where her napkin was folded. And the same waiter was incredibly rude to the table next to us, complaining because their tablecloth had gotten creased! I generally don't write reviews, but this is the worst service that I have had in years.
- Wonderful Neighborhood Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant in Beverly Hills. The food is delectable and the service impeccable and not the least pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very special dinnerSharonKDined on 3/13/2014We requested the private side patio since we were celebrating 2 birthdays. The service was attentive and the food outstanding. The special linguini with black truffles which we shared as a second course, was a real treat. This is one of our favorite restaurants, a real gem in Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyteriDined on 3/13/2014What a great way to celebrate a birthday lunch. Everything was fantastic. Everyone was so friendly. I really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Why ruin great food w/bad waiterPaliDinerVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food is very good here, BUT,& this is a big but, the entire experience is ruined by the surly service of the waiter. he is the shaved head "gentleman" who cannot smile or provide service. Been there many times, keep returning, but this waiter is making me rethink this (PP, is you want to know who he is, he is shown as server #18 on my credit card receipt).He was cold from the moemnt we walked in, didn't check on us at all during the evening (the other service staff were very attentive, so thank god this doesn't affect all staff), didn't see if we wanted coffee or dessert (it was a birthday dinner, so we would have) &, if he doesn't want to be a waiter, he shouldn't be. He won't make it as an actor, but he doesn't make it as a waiter.
- Most atrocious & insulting exper.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/5/2014Never in my life have I been treated so poorly by a server. Same waiter as last few times who can't even smile at customers. I had to i had ro requesr to switch tables to get a different waiter because my waiter is noted me for twenty min when the restaurant was empty and then proceeded to wait on a couple that showed up 20 min after I did. They were stunned and shot me an apologetic look. While the food was good, the service continued to be bad. I had no beverage to drink during my dinner and so my meal consisted of me trying to flag down a server and I almost grabbed the water pitcher myself but decided to just ask for the bill instead. The poor service was too much.
- Great place for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014Brought a client for lunch. Staff was very professional and attentive. food was excellent and we were not rushed. Definately on the list for the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!OCfoodieVIPDined on 1/30/2014My sister and I had a very enjoyable lunch at Piccolo Paradiso. We want to thank Fabrizio for all his suggestions and his attentive attention. We will definitely come back for more!Special Features:
- GOOD ITALIANSHOREHAMDined on 1/27/2014Staff was very nice and the service was very good. The ambience was relaxing and comfortable. Food was good not great. Prawns were slightly overcooked and salmon drier than preferred. Overall a good night out. Another of Chef Drago's creation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for the small portions.SusanVIPDined on 1/27/2014Expensive for the small portions. Food was average. Bread was the highlight of the meal.Special Features:
- Sunday night an older crowdLewieDined on 1/26/2014The food was good as it always is but this is the first Sunday we have ever been there. Definitely an older crowd. Great for taking your parents, grandparents. The pasta with wild boar is always a dish we order, excellent. Clams "Vongole" was delicious as well. We are never disappointed in our meals here and the service is so cordial and unassuming. Don't think we will ever go on a Sunday, though!Special Features:
- Everyone We Take Loves this RestaurSusanGDined on 1/17/2014This restaurant is one of the most consistent restaurants in Los Angeles. The food superb, the wait staff excellent and the wine list top notch. No matter who we go with everyone always loves everything and returns again and again. We've been to Piccolo Paradiso 4 times in the last two weeks; and everything is always fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRockVIPDined on 1/12/2014having been to Piccolo Paradiso a number of times what stands out is the consistency of the welcoming, the service and the food. The pastas are excellent and served piping hot. The veal is flavorful and tender. Salads have just the right amount of dressing so you can still taste the lettuces. G. Drago has a winner here and you can always find a table!Special Features: