829 E. Lamar
Arlington, TX 76011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolomondo.com/
- Phone: 8172659174
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuliano Casulli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer catering for groups up to 50.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a banquet room equipped to hold up to 50 guests for any type of special occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio Capaccioli 8172659174
- Entertainment: We have a piano player Tuesday thru Saturdays starting a 7:00pm.
A word from Piccolo Mondo
Established over 27 years ago, Piccolo Mondo Restaurant is known as one of the most popular and famous Italian Restaurants in the metroplex. We are centrally located mid way between the cities of Fort Worth and Dallas. We offer lunch Monday thru Friday, and dinner seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piccolo Mondo - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Piccolo Mondo reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (38)romantic (27)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Love the Live Music While DiningVickiVIPDined on 9/13/2014It is so nice to hear live music while dining then retiring to the bar area to continue to enjoy. Along with great food it makes for a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo MondoPiazza144Dined on 9/13/2014There are scores of Italian restaurants throughout the Metroplex. However, our group decided on Piccolo Mondo knowing that we could expect a good meal and good service. We have never been disappointed in the past. Nor were we disappointed this time. We all agreed that it was a meal worth what we paid and probably more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charDined on 9/7/2014Ive eaten at the piccolo m0ndo for 31 years. my favorite was the spaghettipescatori. Pasta was very very overcooked. Seafood about 1/3 of what used to be. appetizers were great! soup excellent. entre disappointing especially when the price has increasedSpecial Features:
- I"ll be back!lovetowineanddineDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time dining at Piccolo Mondo. I checked out their website for photos and menu selections. The staff was very pleasant and our waiter was very attentive. The food was very, very good. I will definitely will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014We like dining at local restaurants. Staying by AT&T Stadium, I was bracing myself to settle for a less than great meal at a chain. Glad we found Piccolo Mondo! I was leery of it being located in a strip mall and when we walked in, it had a dated décor. All in our early 30s, we felt there was a bit of a geriatric vibe. However, the food and the service were both excellent! We ordered a bottle of red and white and ate the stuffed mushrooms, orecchiette, lasagna, meatballs, veal parmesan and tortellini. The portions were great and everything tasted amazing! Entrees come with a salad to start and even after refusing dessert because we were stuffed, our server brought out homemade éclairs that had us swooning. Nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SPAMDined on 8/23/2014The food and service are both outstanding at this family owned and operated Italian restaurant. We plan to return often.Special Features:
- All good!MaryADined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Piccolo Mondo, and we loved it. We were seated promptly, our waiter was friendly, funny, and very competent. The food was so, so good! The whole experience was enjoyable, including the piano music. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- RW dinnerDocrbudDined on 8/16/2014My food was excellent. The shrimp appetizer was so good we had to use our bread to get every bit of sauce. The veal chop was great too.Special Features:
- Another excellent meal!foodiegaloreDined on 8/16/2014We often go to Piccolo Mondo to enjoy special occasions, and they never fail to deliver a wonderful experience! The food was delicious, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A great dining experiencejonmDined on 8/11/2014From its outward appearances in a strip center next to whole foods you would not expect much. Once inside you are pleasantly surprised by the warm welcoming decor split into a small upscale bar and larger dining area. The staff was extremely friendly, attentive and accommodating. A member in our dining party has celiac disease and even though they did not have gluten free pasta options they catered to her dietary requirements admirably with full menu options for appetizers, entrees and dessert options. This is hard to find many Italian places. We were sat next to table with a VERY loud and obnoxious woman so the moderate to high noise level rating can NOT be blamed on the restaurant and should not be considered typical.Special Features:
- Far from authenticKathiDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant got a high review when I looked online. However, the decor of this strip mall location was very tacky and the worst thing of all was that the food was not good at all. The little starter salad of iceberg lettuce was a throwback (and not in a good way). The pasta was mushy and the veal was tasteless. The wine list was decent, but pricey. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Still consistentguzTXVIPDined on 8/8/2014Piccolo Mondo continues it's very consistent tradition for very good food and service although there has been some upward price creep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarlDined on 8/7/2014I ALWAYS ENJOY PICCOLO MONDO - GREAT FOOD AND SERVICE!Special Features:
- PerfectLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014There is something delicious for everyone at Piccolo Mondo. I tend to order the salmon special, and it is perfectly prepared every time. The vegetables are always just the right tenderness, never over cooked. Consistent and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Wizard574Dined on 7/30/2014Great food! Great Service! The sole was fabulous. Minestrone is the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- DeliciousWayneDined on 7/30/2014The pasta was very fresh and delicately sauced. It was not covered in a heavy tomato sauce like other Italian restaurants. My husband's sole was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening outGeneDined on 7/26/2014We had a great dining experience, food, service and ambience were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOBODined on 7/23/2014We had Great service, welcomed at the door, knowledgeable waitstaff--the food was as ordered, hot to the table, very good. The table was ready when we got there and we enjoyed the whole evening. Full bar and the house Chianti was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid-Cities JewelLuckykidTexanDined on 7/22/2014Needed a place for a meeting in the Mid-Cities area and found this one and took a chance. It was such a great choice. Piccolo Mondo has superb food, a great wine selection and great staff, very attentive but not intrusive. It's definitely a place that I would choose again when in the area.Special Features:
- Glad to ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014My wife and I dined at Piccolo Mondo a couple of times, years ago, on a couple of our anniversaries. We moved away ten years ago and were thrilled upon our return to find the restaurant still going strong and serving up awesome food with outstanding service! The peppercorn beef loin medallions are on the pricier end of the menu, but never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alas, just so-sokhaliDined on 7/9/2014Took a girlfriend and her husband there for her birthday. She ordered gnocchi and liked it very much. Her husband ordered a fish dish that came with sauteed spinach and pomme frites. He ate every bite, but that is not unusual. I had salmon with a basil cream sauce that came with sauteed spinach and pomme frites. The salmon didn't have much flavor and the basil cream sauce was so light on the basil or any other spice it was not much help with the salmon. The spinach tasted (and felt) like it was from a frozen package. It was supposedly sauteed in garlic but I couldn't taste (or see) any garlic. The fried potatoes were dry and tasteless. We did not stay for dessert. I'm glad my guests enjoyed their meal, but I will probably not return.
- A Classic Comfort2BestDiningDined on 6/27/2014Seldom does one find a restaurant with such balanced care for the client. From making reservations to the courteous departure, grace and comfort abounded. The waiter was to perfection with knowledge and charm which caused a sign of relief. Perhaps it was to be a truly good experience. The superb service continued. The menu provided adequate variety. The food was really delicious! I am most grateful for a such quality in Arlington. My guests from Dallas, the land of fine everything, were very pleased , as was I. Thank you and we will return to the very best .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night for ItalianBruceTexasVIPDined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed the wine and the Veal. Good music and celebration all around us. We will be back in the near future. Excellent tarimisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulous!technosportsVIPDined on 6/21/2014I've been dining here regularly for nearly 30 years. This place is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in townPiccoloFanDined on 6/21/2014Fresh french bread that was crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. Great wine, Amazing food, Excellent Service.Special Features:
- Date NightDINERSDined on 6/21/2014We had not been there in a few years, just stuck in south Arlington, but we wanted something different something with ambiance , the service was wonderful , food was excellent, and when we ordered 20 year old Tawny Port they did not look at us like WHAT? They said of course! We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement PartyLocaltreasureDined on 6/21/2014We had a retirement party attended by 8 people. The waiter was very attentive and the food was delicious. My only recommendation would be to let the waiter know that you are there to dine and not just to eat. The salads came out a little too soon so had to be sure and tell the waiter to hold off submittting the entrees untill we were at least half way through our salads. Otherwise it was a great experience and I know all of us will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winewineloversDined on 6/18/2014We had a great bottle of red and loved the piano. By the time we arrived we felt a calming effect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful dining experience. Waiters are knowledgable, able to substitute side offerings, food is hot and with good "presentation". Enjoy seeing the manager/owner pitching in to keep things moving smoothly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerBoogDined on 6/2/2014We were celebrating our Anniversary and had celebrated there many times before. This time the salad was watery and the veal dish was tasteless and my shrimp was very fishy tasting. We were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Many PraisesfoodienotDined on 5/30/2014Have enjoyed many meals here in the past and have recently rediscovered after moving into the city. It hasn't changed a bit - which I liked. Good food, value, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 344 reviews are from the Piccolo Mondo reviews archive.
- Great Place in ArlingtonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014I have been a regular customer of Piccolo Mondo for about 25 years. The food is always very good -- consistent. The staff is extremely friendly and they know you when you walk in. My family has known the owners for many years as well. Couldn't find a better place in Arlington to have great Italian Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I love this restaurant. We held my mother's 90th birthday celebration there 3 years ago. The party size was 25 to 30. The evening was perfect. The food was wonderful and the wait staff polite and extremely attentive. We continue to celebrate special occasions here. I highly recommend this restaurant. They have a piano bar with a small dance floor as well.Special Features:
- DFW Italian GemDEMfrequentdinerDined on 5/6/2014I have been a regular customer for almost 30 years. Antonio, Nick and staff (some servers have been there since the opening) bring a touch of Italy to an Arlington strip center. I travel to Italy 3-4 times/year, and Piccolo's offerings are authentic. The menu and specials should satisfy any desires. Pastas are great (gnocchi's my favorite) and Nick's kitchen is flexible enough to customize offerings not on the menu. Saltimbocca's a favorite of mine, and they do it well. I've used Piccolo's for business entertaining, regular family dining and special occasion parties. The wine list can satisfy anyone's taste and/or price point. Rudy's one of my favorite servers, but all of the staff are well trained and professional.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!juniemoontxDined on 4/30/2014The food is always great and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteWeecosDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful as always. The place we can always count on when company is in town. Food is very good.Special Features:
- Bland and BoringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Server never mentioned name. Had to ask for wine list. No features given. Gnocchi looked like canned ravioli in a bowl when it came to table. Wasn't give dessert menu or asked if I cared for after dinner drink/ coffee. Not worth time or money. Did enjoy the live piano and saxophone players.Special Features:
- average dining experiencejadminDined on 4/19/20142nd time we've been here. Unfortunately the food was below average this time. Had the veal bracioli special - way too much parsley, over powered the taste of the veal, had 2 bites of this and done. The waiter kindly offered to swap out my entree - had veal parmesan. The pasta sauce was very acidic and extra tart. It really ruined the meal. Everyone else had fish and the meals were fine.
- Excellent as alwaysTredemeyerDined on 4/18/2014As always, it was a perfect evening. The quiet romantic ambience is perfect. An excellent combiniation of great service, excellent food, and wonderful background music set the perfect tone to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meeting PlaceJadiegirlDined on 4/14/2014Great service and dependable food. Very nice place to meet with friends,. Noise level is low so good for conversation.Special Features: