Piccolo Mondo Restaurant
1870 E Jericho Tpke
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Piccolo Mondo Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolomondoli.com/HOME.html
- Phone: 6314620718x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday-Thursday-Friday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine
A word from Piccolo Mondo Restaurant
Piccolo Mondo is an Italian restaurant located in Huntington, NY.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piccolo Mondo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Huntington ›
Piccolo Mondo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (7)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- 2nd ChanceGaetanoDined on 9/13/2014First time we went we had to wait too long despite a reservation. Then they sat us at the worst table. We gave it a 2nd chance and everything went splendidly. The food was very good and the service was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find. Will repeat & returnDocBDined on 8/23/2014Did not go based on a recommendation, but liked what I saw on the web site. The food was excellent and quite a selection. I was also surprised that despite the really good dishes the food is plentiful - so much so, took some home. Most restaurants with food this well prepared do not offer such large portion sizes. It was Saturday night and the restaurant was busy but service was prompt and courteous with several staff members coming by to check if things we good.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spots to visitcazzyVIPDined on 8/20/2014The chef here is awesome. Hes always thinking of new dishes and salads.Special Features:
- The Chef is Great!cazzyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The fish specials are so fresh and the sauces and sides are so different . They compliment the fish but not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Great dinner? Not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Any time you can dine with great service you're off to a great start. However, when your waiter accurately states people come for the specials, and the menu item are merely ok - not a place I'd return to.
- excellentluv2dineoutDined on 7/24/2014We've been here a number of times and it's always excellent. We like that the owner always greets you when you come in and the service from the staff is great, friendly and efficient. There is always a number of specials to choose from, on this visit my husband had the swordfish special and raved about it and I had grilled salmon which is about the best anywhere. Best to make a reservation because it fills up quickly every night, I'm really glad they now offer Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Great Food, Great Service. A hidden gem. We had a great meal from start to finish and our server was fantastic and very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantgreatdinnerDined on 7/11/2014excellent restaurant, food was fantastic and the service was incredible. Ask for Susan as your waitress - amazing!!Special Features:
- Love this place! Great specials!!cazzyVIPDined on 7/9/2014We go here at least twice a month. Never dissapppointed. The food is very fresh and never over seasoned. The chef is in love with his job and you can tell. Great drinks and an awesome friendly staff.Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineoutDined on 7/9/2014This really is a neighborhood gem...located in a small strip mall you might never notice it unless you know about it. The food is excellent! I like that they will accomodate most requests to change menu items around. I always get the grilled salmon, it's the best I've ever had and this time I substituted peach risotto for the veggies and it was awesome. Others in our group had the bucatini pasta with bolonese sauce and they raved about it. We all shared mozzarella and tomato and eggplant rollatini appetizers and they were great. Suggest always making a reservation here, it is usually busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food /slow serviceCoachVIPDined on 7/4/2014great food and atmosphere, however service was very slow but 6 of us really enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:
- Good foodBailetdogDined on 6/29/2014The selections we had were excellent. The food was great. The only draw back was that there was not a childrens menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatCrawdaddyDined on 6/25/2014Food and service are outstanding. We go here often and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the specials!shan17817VIPDined on 6/20/2014Ordinary Italian menu, but the specials are fantastic!! I had radicchio wrapped in prosciutto grilled with a balsamic reduction for an appetizer and pistachio crusted soft shell crab for an entree, Simply delicious!!!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Dinner special were amazing! Service is great. Not a place to go for a quiet romantic dinner but a fun night out with friends is perfect!Special Features:
- SteveDined on 6/13/2014On site owner who watches everything coming out of the kitchen and makes sure everything runs smoothly. Used to be the best kept secret in Huntington, but now everyone knows this is one great restaurant. Good food, friendly service, and reasonable prices. They will also make anything you request which always turns out good. Roland the owner, always has a smile on his face.Special Features:
- Comfortable, excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014I would recommend this restaurant as a fairly reasonably priced restaurant with very good food. It was perfect for a dinner with friends. We did get there later than planned and they were very accommodating. Friendly, pretty atmosphere, we were able to enjoy the food as well as the company.
- Dining DelightJPalmarDined on 6/5/2014The atmosphere was quiet and relaxed. The service was happy and attentive. The specials on the menu were imaginative and mouth watering. The food was prepared elegantly and the taste exceeded our lofty expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!!!elephantshoesDined on 6/4/2014This is the best place in the neighborhood! The staff was wonderful, and the food was amazing!!!Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Piccolo Mondo Restaurant reviews archive.
- GeriS.GeriSDined on 5/28/2014Went to Piccollo Mondo for a birthday dinner with 4 friends on a weeknight, Wednesday. We were seated promptly upon arrival. Cocktails were ordered by all and delivered within 10 minutes. After catching up a bit with each other, we dove into the menu. I felt there were too many offerrings to read through & ridiculous number of "specials" offerred by our waitress!! Salads were ordinary for the price, stff having no problem with us sharing. Our fish dishes were all tasty and the correct temp. too(cold food a pet peeve of mine) . They allowed a nice break between our initial orders: salads, entrees and dessert. They also rememberd our "birthday girl" with a special slice of cake and candle. Overall a good experience and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedinningoutDined on 5/9/2014Service, food + ambiance.... in that order. have been there before, this time for our anniversary. Our waitress, Susan was outstanding!! Pleasant, friendly, knowledgeable, attentive. We had a wonderful experience and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding findJanette811VIPDined on 5/8/2014Food is amazing, service is great...everyone is super friendly. Unexpected great find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's our go to place now.PaulDined on 5/6/2014Great food, varied and interesting specials. Friendly local crowd in a mature and unhurried atmosphere. We've been there with another couple or with a crowd up to 12 and its always a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/3/2014The good was tasty, but our waitress disappeared after taking our order. I might try the restaurant again but would go during the week, not weekend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be returningEdG1111Dined on 4/29/2014A visit during restaurant week revealed a nice, fairly quiet local place. Good food, good service. As long as they can keep that up, we'll keep returning.
- always a nice experienceKvpromosVIPDined on 4/25/2014Fresh food and a great specials selection is what brings us to Piccolo Mondo often.Special Features:
- This is a strip mall restaurantwassermomVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is a strip mall restaurant so my expectations weren't very high but the food was sooo good. There were six of us and everyone was so happy with their meal that they can't wait to eat there again.
- This restaurant never disappoints!!lovetodineoutDined on 3/22/2014This restaurant never disappoints!!! Every time we go we have a delicious meal and the service is outstanding. The chef will make any alterations to a dish which is very helpful if you are following a special diet. Love this place and will be going back again and again.joeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best part of this restaurantcg2791Dined on 3/1/2014The best part of this restaurant is definitely the food. This was my second time eating here and it was just as good. The service is lacking a bit. Our server was a bit disorganized and our food and drinks were often delayed; it took about 20 minutes from when the first plate was brought out for everyone to get their appetizers. The experience was similar the first time I ate here. Overall, I would go again because the food and prices make it worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommend Piccolo Mondo!!ILUVCATSDined on 3/1/2014My husband and I really enjoyed every part of our meal. The service was wonderful. We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteLuv2eatDined on 2/14/2014His place never disappoints. It is our go to restaurant . Mature waiters and consistent food that is hi qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprising gemMcgladiatorDined on 2/14/2014Very hospitable hosts and service staff was prompt and courteous. The food was fresh, and had wonderful flavor. The house Cabernet and chianti were both enjoyable. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table was ready when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2014Table was ready when we arrived (party of six). The food was delicious. A great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014I was among a party of 13 friends who went out for dinner the other night. We had a great time and this was a fabulous dining experience. From the moment we arrived until the check came we were all taken care of with great food and excellent service. All of my friends agreed that it was a great time. And I was complemented for choosing this resturant. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th visit to Resturant . HaveUncleAlDined on 1/25/20144th visit to Resturant . Have not been disappointed yet keep up the good work,.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food!KvpromosVIPDined on 1/24/2014Great food and a wonderful staff! They have very good specials nightly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dessertsrmpwDined on 1/16/2014Desserts were excellent especially the chocolate mousse and cheesecakes. They were beautifully decorated. Service was outstanding. Ate chicken dish. It was good.Special Features:
- New Years Eve DinnerLoriVIPDined on 12/31/2013This was the first time going to this restaurant and it was selected based on Open table reviews. Our party of 12, which included a few teenagers were treated very well. The service was great, the food was deliciouly prepared and they managed to keep things moving on a very busy night. The only negative was our waitress kept insisting we drink more wine and alcohol which was a pushy and inappropriate when we were all going to get in our cars on new years eve and drive somewhere else... However, the food was delicious and everyone enjoyed themselvesSpecial Features:
- Hidden outstanding gem!LindaZDined on 12/21/2013Outstanding menu and food is both plentiful and delicious! Service is very good. The owner is very attentive to everything that goes on in his place. He is very friendly and accommodating to your needs. The chef does a great job of preparing wonderful specials as well as what they have on the menu. I always order a fish and it's always out of this world good!! I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/18/2013Great little spot in an unassuming location. Food was very good. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.