230 E. 44th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolofiorenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 922-0581
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Raicovich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature periodic piano entertainment from 7 to 10 PM, and periodic special entertainment events.
A word from Piccolo Fiore
Welcome to Piccolo Fiore Italian restaurant and lounge. We offer classic northern and southern italian cuisine with world class service. Piccolo Fiore is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner surrounded by replica artworks of Renaissance Artists Leonardo da Vinci, Il Bronzino and Raffaelo. Whether you are looking for authentic italian cuisine, planning a special affair, or need a great location for business luncheon, Piccolo Fiore Italian Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan NYC is the perfect choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)romantic (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014An enjoyable dinner, good Saturday choice, not as loud and packed as other places, particularly as the holidays start. Clams oreganata were tasty, well seasoned. Veal piccata done just right, though the veal marsala, with a well done sauce, needed more than a few symbolic mushrooms. Pasta Bolognese very good, either as main dish or appetizer. Wine list is compact but good choices, nice variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plush and very ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014A comfortable and quiet restaurant with delightful decor. The huge striking portraits of Renaissance beauties against a plush deep red background induced a feeling of luxury. Service was warm and efficient. Our fish main courses (halibut and salmon) were delightful and perfectly cooked. The gelati (salt caramel and pear) were outstanding. Not cheap, but a quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!StirredNotShakenDined on 11/18/2014The whole lunch experience was terrific. The hostess was wonderful in greeting me and my client. The food was excellent. The service was efficient but not overly welcoming. But the service was all not intrusive and overbearing. I actually came back for drinks later in the evening and the bartender Roxana was very welcoming and attentive. The calamari was delicious and it was a perfect spot to grab little bites prior to going to Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/29/2014First time at this restaurant and very pleasantly surprised at the overall experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014Consistent quality and food over several visits. Pleasant atmosphere sometimes punctured by excessive bar or business table noise. "Il Bimbo" salad very good, a combination of kale, arugula, roasted peppers and Tuscan beans, mild lemon dressing. Veal scallopine tender, but Marsala had few mushrooms and an unremarkable sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/21/2014The food was good, we had homemade pasta dishes. The portions were typical "Lunch" size but the prices were high for lunch, $26 and $29 for a lunch size pasta dish was excessive. Total bill without dessert was $88 including tip.
- DissapointedBklynrootsDined on 10/9/2014After reading reviews I was expecting a much better experience . The ministrone soup was bland and we needed to add lots of pepper and grated cheese to give it flavor. Two of us ordered the grilled fish salad and one person ordered the grilled chicken salad. The waiter brought two chicken salads even after I reiterated the entire table order. Not such a terrible thing since there may have been a language challenge. The chicken salad was a dry chicken cutlet, uncut, sitting beside some greens. The fish salad was decent, containing 1 shrimp, a piece of salmon and another piece of an unknown fish. There was no calamari as was told to us by the waiter. Sorry but I won't be going back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014they deserve a Gold Star for honesty---I had overlooked that the bill included a Tip so Iadded $100 when signinging the credit card slip--3 minuteslater the waiter return and toldme that the bill had included a 20% service charge so I then deleted my added tipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014Return visit was not a lesser experience, as food, service, and setting remained very good. Mozzarella sampler appetizer was surprisingly tasty. Fish special was delicately prepared, and Meyer lemon Napoleon was a flavorful but not heavy dessert. Location convenient for Grand Central commuters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Homemade ItalianMValerie8VIPDined on 9/19/2014I ate here for lunch and had a nice experience. The service was good and they have a great prixe fix menu for lunch. My tea, soup and entree was only $19. Everything that they prepared was obviously fresh and homemade. I really enjoyed my vegetable minestrone soup (veggies were very tender), fried calamari (fresh, lightly battered and crunchy), and the gnocchi norma (eggplant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service above allOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014This spot made a great evening absolutely fabulous. The food and wine were outstanding, but the young server, Christina I believe, was that perfect balance between attentive, but not intrusive. Always with a fabulous smile displaying her joy with her food and work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have had the pleasure of dining here several times. They never disapoint. This time was for a business lunch with 7. I asked for a quiet table and the gave us a private room. Food, portions, service and value are all great. David DuffySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014A pleasant finding in midtown east near GCT. Soothing atmosphere, but friendly service, inviting atmosphere. Broccoli rabe fresh, salty and lots of garlic--just right. Veal francese light, nicely seasoned, with the right amount of lemon. Surprising Meyer Lemon Napoleon dessert just enough to complete the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming restaurant333eastVIPDined on 8/19/2014Nice place to take visitors. Very accommodating for special requests. Why a B rating?Special Features:
- showgalVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were a group of 8 celebrating family. The restaurant was able to give us a private area. The waiter was very helpful in making recommendations and serving some dishes family style. The food was very good. Prices were reasonable. Everyone had a good time and ate well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo Fiore Hits the Spot-Again!LizknitsDined on 8/7/2014We were just here 10 days ago. We came back with old friends we see infrequently and wanted to be able to talk. The delightfully quiet atmosphere - even as the restaurant got busy after 8:00pm on a Thursday - was just what we were after. The food was excellent - even better than the last time, especially a baked cod special and the sauteed spinach. Chicken Scarpariello was very good but the au gratin potatoes that came with it were phenomenal! Also wonderful tiramisu and a sorbet 'napoleon' with berries. We were unhurried. In fact, that was the only small irritation - service was harder to get as the place filled up and we struggled to get the check so we could make our train. A very small price to pay for great food and peaceful dining.Special Features:
- Good food but very slow serviceAnnaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Would have wanted to give this restaurant a better rating because the food was really good, unfortunately, service trumped the rating as it was really slow.
- never again!zanahoriaDined on 8/3/2014Chose this place because it was near the hotel where my cousin was staying. The maître d' was super distracted and rude, even though the place was empty when we got there and we were on time for our reservation. The menu was totally different and more pricey than the one on the site (still, we didn't complain). There was no one waiting for our table, but we were rushed to order drinks and food. The waiter rudely interrupted us to awkwardly recite the specials, and the maître d' later started taking out order then walked away while I was mid-sentence, only to send the waiter back later to finish the order. The lettuce in my salad was wilted, bitter and brown. An overall bad experience.
- The following 291 reviews are from the Piccolo Fiore reviews archive.
- Reliably Quiet Old FavoriteLizknitsDined on 7/27/2014We have been to Piccolo Fiore many times, alone and with friends. We return because the food is very good, the service well above average and we can hear each other without shouting! This time we took friends we see rarely - once a year at best. We didn't want to shout at each other and we knew Piccolo Fiore would fit the bill. The rare tuna was - rare! We have found that the kitchen is always accommodating. When I asked if the kitchen would change the sauce on the tuna because I could not eat one of the ingredients it was no problem. The spinach and garlic was one of the best I've ever had. Our server was very willing to suggest a wine - within our budget - and a dessert when asked. We'll be meeting friends there again this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early saturday night mealfpduoloves2eatDined on 7/19/2014Had early dinner, excellent attentive service. Food was good would recommend either the scallop or octopus appetizers. Grouper special excellent. Pasta dish slightly overcooked but tasty. Dessert excellent, best tiramisu I have had. Wine list ok, fair pour for price. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dinnerZippySEDined on 7/13/2014I was looking for a quiet dinner near my hotel in midtown Manhattan, and luckily found Piccolo Fiore. I had the Tre Colori salad. It not only tasted wonderful, but was very nicely presented as well. My sole main dish was the Linguine di Mare, which was very good. The sauce was a little lightly seasoned for my taste, but otherwise this was an excellent dish as well. The service was excellent; attentive without being annoying, and friendlier than many restaurants I've been to in Manhattan. I can warmly recommend Piccolo Fiore. They provided me with exactly the kind of meal I wanted; good food, good wine, a calm atmosphere and good service. I'll definitely go back next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service/Mediocre foodNYC10065VIPDined on 7/11/2014The staff were exceedingly friendly which made up for a lacklustre meal. The menu is extensive but unfortunately, the meal was not overly flavorful. The veal "francese" (al limone) lacked the taste of lemon -- quite a disappointment since this is a standard Italian menu item. My daughter had the lobster raviolli which fell apart resulting in the need to "assemble" the filling and the pasta before taking a bite. The filling itself was most definitely generous in terms of the lobster but the sauce was also lacked any real flavor. My wife had a grilled branzino which was probably the tastiest of the three mains we ordered. It was very simply done and perfectly grilled. All in all, not a foodie spot but the service made up for it.Special Features:
- food or musicChryslerSpireVIPDined on 7/1/2014This place is getting better and better food-wise, but they have to do something about the music: it goes from bad country to bad rock to bad... well, I'm not sure what that other genre was, all in the course of 1 meal. The inner dining room is a bit dark but classy, and the piped-in "music" has bad sound quality and doesn't match the classiness and potential of the rest of the place. The hosts are pleasant, most of the wait staff very nice and solicitous, and the food is very good.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 6/25/2014Well prepared, classic Italian (mostly Northern Italian) food, in a very nice, subdued setting. Delicious mussels, lobster ravioli, shrimp-lobster ravioli, swordfish, creme caramel. Very attentive and friendly service; helpful with the (very reasonably priced) wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In2foodVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went with a vegetarian so we were limited to dishes. The pastas were cooked al dente. We asked the manager to create a primavera dish with pasta for us and a red sauce and it was not a problem, even though it was not on the menu. Our waiter ignored us the entire time, but the bus boy and manager made up for his poor service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2014This was the third time I have been to FPF and everyone enjoyed it again. The food is always good and fresh. The tomato caprese salad is delicious and the place doesn't break the bank. I would def recommend for people looking for a solid Italian meal who live or work in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealQuietdinnerDined on 6/17/2014With thereupon the meal was great. The service and ambience is excellent.Special Features:
- Back again, happilyPedroDined on 6/2/2014I have eaten at Piccolo Fiore many times since they opened a few years ago. And, after moving out of state 3 years ago, I still frequently return when I'm back in town. I am very partial to their fish dishes -- never overdone, tender, tasty. Service is very good. Tables are separated so it doesn't feel like people are listening in to the conversation. It will continue to be one of my "regulars".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My group loved PF!zekemclDined on 6/2/2014Delicious food, well prepared, good wine list with interesting variety and reasonable prices. Service was great but The food is the main attraction here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2014All aspects of the dining experience were outstand. The welcome and the good bye were very friendly and made you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice New York Date PlacedaniroseVIPDined on 5/17/2014Piccolo Fiore is a nice place to go and have the ideal New York date. By that I don't mean that of a tourist, but that of, say, a born and bred Brooklynite who has always romanticized Manhattan in her mind. The gnocchi Bolognese was quite good - especially the sauce. The seafood salad was phenomenal, as was the Caesar salad. My date had the filet which was well-seasoned and cooked perfectly. The panacotta dessert was to die for. The service was fine albeit a bit awkward at times. Overall, very good and I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good local ItalianHedgehogVIPDined on 5/14/2014Nice atmosphere, good and reasonably priced wine list, tasty food and professional service .... what's not to like?Special Features:
- What a nice italian placeRochyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Not only for the diplomatic community, this place is for everybody. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- JohnFVIPDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant cam recommended by the Hilton Manhattan East and was a very good selection. The service was excellent and the chef outstanding. The menu was varied with the fish selections being very fresh and well prepared to our choice. Great choice and thanksSpecial Features:
- my favorite neighborsryckileeDined on 5/11/2014I wandered into this place because of the happy hour and have found my new favorite place. Great happy hour and bar menu, as well as a great place to bring my family and friends when they come to visit. The food is always great and the service friendly. They're grilled calamari and Maria Cavatelli pasta are my two go-tos but I have had some of their specials and they are wonderful as well.Special Features:
- JosephineDined on 5/1/2014The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. I work in the area and wanted a restaurant to take my assistants for administrative day and found this restaurant on the internet and it had good reviews. The food and the service was very good as well as the lunch prefix prices and choices. I would try it for dinner next time!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The food is always delicious, the wines outstanding, the servers friendly and efficient and the noise level low even when full to capacity, which makes for a great dining experience. And if you like desserts, like I do, they have the best tiramisu in town. I recommend it enthusiastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!HauGreatDined on 4/22/2014The food was excellent. This was our second visit and we will return. With that said.....the restaurant was not busy, but we felt a bit rushed. Staff came to clear plates and glasses so quickly and often that it seemed there must have been a shortage in the kitchen! When will restaurants learn the polite thing to do is to wait until all at the table are finished to clear dinner plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!AllovernycDined on 4/22/2014Live this place it is also very reasonable. And the food is always tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business perfectRafflesDined on 4/17/2014Ideal for business meal. Lots of privacy. Food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.