230 E. 44th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolofiorenyc.com/
- Phone: 212-922-0581x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Raicovich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We feature periodic piano entertainment from 7 to 10 PM, and periodic special entertainment events.
A word from Piccolo Fiore
Welcome to Piccolo Fiore fine Italian restaurant and lounge. We offer classic northern and southern italian cuisine with world class service. Piccolo Fiore has an elegant atmosphere with nightly entertainment. Piccolo Fiore is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner surrounded by replica artworks of Renaissance Artists Leonardo da Vinci, Il Bronzino and Raffaelo. Whether you are looking for authentic italian cuisine, planning a special affair, or need a great location for business luncheon, Piccolo Fiore Italian Restaurant in Midtown Manhattan NYC is the perfect choice.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Welcoming restaurant333eastVIPDined on 8/19/2014Nice place to take visitors. Very accommodating for special requests. Why a B rating?Special Features:
- showgalVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were a group of 8 celebrating family. The restaurant was able to give us a private area. The waiter was very helpful in making recommendations and serving some dishes family style. The food was very good. Prices were reasonable. Everyone had a good time and ate well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolo Fiore Hits the Spot-Again!LizknitsDined on 8/7/2014We were just here 10 days ago. We came back with old friends we see infrequently and wanted to be able to talk. The delightfully quiet atmosphere - even as the restaurant got busy after 8:00pm on a Thursday - was just what we were after. The food was excellent - even better than the last time, especially a baked cod special and the sauteed spinach. Chicken Scarpariello was very good but the au gratin potatoes that came with it were phenomenal! Also wonderful tiramisu and a sorbet 'napoleon' with berries. We were unhurried. In fact, that was the only small irritation - service was harder to get as the place filled up and we struggled to get the check so we could make our train. A very small price to pay for great food and peaceful dining.Special Features:
- Good food but very slow serviceAnnaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Would have wanted to give this restaurant a better rating because the food was really good, unfortunately, service trumped the rating as it was really slow.
- never again!zanahoriaDined on 8/3/2014Chose this place because it was near the hotel where my cousin was staying. The maître d' was super distracted and rude, even though the place was empty when we got there and we were on time for our reservation. The menu was totally different and more pricey than the one on the site (still, we didn't complain). There was no one waiting for our table, but we were rushed to order drinks and food. The waiter rudely interrupted us to awkwardly recite the specials, and the maître d' later started taking out order then walked away while I was mid-sentence, only to send the waiter back later to finish the order. The lettuce in my salad was wilted, bitter and brown. An overall bad experience.
- Reliably Quiet Old FavoriteLizknitsDined on 7/27/2014We have been to Piccolo Fiore many times, alone and with friends. We return because the food is very good, the service well above average and we can hear each other without shouting! This time we took friends we see rarely - once a year at best. We didn't want to shout at each other and we knew Piccolo Fiore would fit the bill. The rare tuna was - rare! We have found that the kitchen is always accommodating. When I asked if the kitchen would change the sauce on the tuna because I could not eat one of the ingredients it was no problem. The spinach and garlic was one of the best I've ever had. Our server was very willing to suggest a wine - within our budget - and a dessert when asked. We'll be meeting friends there again this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- early saturday night mealfpduoloves2eatDined on 7/19/2014Had early dinner, excellent attentive service. Food was good would recommend either the scallop or octopus appetizers. Grouper special excellent. Pasta dish slightly overcooked but tasty. Dessert excellent, best tiramisu I have had. Wine list ok, fair pour for price. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dinnerZippySEDined on 7/13/2014I was looking for a quiet dinner near my hotel in midtown Manhattan, and luckily found Piccolo Fiore. I had the Tre Colori salad. It not only tasted wonderful, but was very nicely presented as well. My sole main dish was the Linguine di Mare, which was very good. The sauce was a little lightly seasoned for my taste, but otherwise this was an excellent dish as well. The service was excellent; attentive without being annoying, and friendlier than many restaurants I've been to in Manhattan. I can warmly recommend Piccolo Fiore. They provided me with exactly the kind of meal I wanted; good food, good wine, a calm atmosphere and good service. I'll definitely go back next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service/Mediocre foodNYC10065VIPDined on 7/11/2014The staff were exceedingly friendly which made up for a lacklustre meal. The menu is extensive but unfortunately, the meal was not overly flavorful. The veal "francese" (al limone) lacked the taste of lemon -- quite a disappointment since this is a standard Italian menu item. My daughter had the lobster raviolli which fell apart resulting in the need to "assemble" the filling and the pasta before taking a bite. The filling itself was most definitely generous in terms of the lobster but the sauce was also lacked any real flavor. My wife had a grilled branzino which was probably the tastiest of the three mains we ordered. It was very simply done and perfectly grilled. All in all, not a foodie spot but the service made up for it.Special Features:
- food or musicChryslerSpireVIPDined on 7/1/2014This place is getting better and better food-wise, but they have to do something about the music: it goes from bad country to bad rock to bad... well, I'm not sure what that other genre was, all in the course of 1 meal. The inner dining room is a bit dark but classy, and the piped-in "music" has bad sound quality and doesn't match the classiness and potential of the rest of the place. The hosts are pleasant, most of the wait staff very nice and solicitous, and the food is very good.
- stanleybrowntVIPDined on 6/25/2014Well prepared, classic Italian (mostly Northern Italian) food, in a very nice, subdued setting. Delicious mussels, lobster ravioli, shrimp-lobster ravioli, swordfish, creme caramel. Very attentive and friendly service; helpful with the (very reasonably priced) wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In2foodVIPDined on 6/23/2014Went with a vegetarian so we were limited to dishes. The pastas were cooked al dente. We asked the manager to create a primavera dish with pasta for us and a red sauce and it was not a problem, even though it was not on the menu. Our waiter ignored us the entire time, but the bus boy and manager made up for his poor service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2014This was the third time I have been to FPF and everyone enjoyed it again. The food is always good and fresh. The tomato caprese salad is delicious and the place doesn't break the bank. I would def recommend for people looking for a solid Italian meal who live or work in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealQuietdinnerDined on 6/17/2014With thereupon the meal was great. The service and ambience is excellent.Special Features:
- Back again, happilyPedroDined on 6/2/2014I have eaten at Piccolo Fiore many times since they opened a few years ago. And, after moving out of state 3 years ago, I still frequently return when I'm back in town. I am very partial to their fish dishes -- never overdone, tender, tasty. Service is very good. Tables are separated so it doesn't feel like people are listening in to the conversation. It will continue to be one of my "regulars".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My group loved PF!zekemclDined on 6/2/2014Delicious food, well prepared, good wine list with interesting variety and reasonable prices. Service was great but The food is the main attraction here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/20/2014All aspects of the dining experience were outstand. The welcome and the good bye were very friendly and made you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice New York Date PlacedaniroseDined on 5/17/2014Piccolo Fiore is a nice place to go and have the ideal New York date. By that I don't mean that of a tourist, but that of, say, a born and bred Brooklynite who has always romanticized Manhattan in her mind. The gnocchi Bolognese was quite good - especially the sauce. The seafood salad was phenomenal, as was the Caesar salad. My date had the filet which was well-seasoned and cooked perfectly. The panacotta dessert was to die for. The service was fine albeit a bit awkward at times. Overall, very good and I will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good local ItalianHedgehogVIPDined on 5/14/2014Nice atmosphere, good and reasonably priced wine list, tasty food and professional service .... what's not to like?Special Features:
- What a nice italian placeRochyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Not only for the diplomatic community, this place is for everybody. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- JohnFVIPDined on 5/12/2014This restaurant cam recommended by the Hilton Manhattan East and was a very good selection. The service was excellent and the chef outstanding. The menu was varied with the fish selections being very fresh and well prepared to our choice. Great choice and thanksSpecial Features:
- my favorite neighborsryckileeDined on 5/11/2014I wandered into this place because of the happy hour and have found my new favorite place. Great happy hour and bar menu, as well as a great place to bring my family and friends when they come to visit. The food is always great and the service friendly. They're grilled calamari and Maria Cavatelli pasta are my two go-tos but I have had some of their specials and they are wonderful as well.Special Features:
- The following 274 reviews are from the Piccolo Fiore reviews archive.
- JosephineDined on 5/1/2014The restaurant was a pleasant surprise. I work in the area and wanted a restaurant to take my assistants for administrative day and found this restaurant on the internet and it had good reviews. The food and the service was very good as well as the lunch prefix prices and choices. I would try it for dinner next time!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The food is always delicious, the wines outstanding, the servers friendly and efficient and the noise level low even when full to capacity, which makes for a great dining experience. And if you like desserts, like I do, they have the best tiramisu in town. I recommend it enthusiastically.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!HauGreatDined on 4/22/2014The food was excellent. This was our second visit and we will return. With that said.....the restaurant was not busy, but we felt a bit rushed. Staff came to clear plates and glasses so quickly and often that it seemed there must have been a shortage in the kitchen! When will restaurants learn the polite thing to do is to wait until all at the table are finished to clear dinner plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food!AllovernycDined on 4/22/2014Live this place it is also very reasonable. And the food is always tasty and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business perfectRafflesDined on 4/17/2014Ideal for business meal. Lots of privacy. Food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrifichard2feedDined on 4/12/2014Fabulous wine and food...well presented and s erved...great piano as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsJohnOskiDined on 4/7/2014Every few months, my wife and I travel in to NYC to meet friends for dinner. This was our 2nd time at this restaurant and it was even better than our first visit. Great food and great service - we'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, competent staff. NiceflossDined on 4/5/2014Pleasant, competent staff. Nice atmosphere in brick lined room. Food was excellent and attractively presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luncheon reviewmaryDined on 3/31/2014Thank you again for the wonderful luncheon! It is valuable to my business in NYC and I hope it brings you much new business. As always the staff food and service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was well preparedsimbriDined on 3/29/2014Everything was well prepared and tasty! Raw clams fresh and delicious; pasta al dente served with excellent sauce; pork osso bucco, tender; excellent onion rings and truffle fries.worth the prices, which are on the upscale side.Special Features:
- First VisitCruella777Dined on 3/26/2014I met a friend for dinner after work during the week. The place is very nice-- clean, colorful, etc. The food was good but, nothing great. She had lobster ravioli and I had chicken marsala. We both had spinach salad and shared the chocolate fondue for dessert. No complaints but, nothing "over the top" and I've had just as good for less money elsewhere. On the plus side, the wait staff was amazing. They are right at your side continually picking up and dropping off plates. However, the place was too noisy for my taste and the tables were very close together.. a little too claustrophobic for my taste. I might go back if I find myself in the area again but, if I don't, I won't be craving anything or feel like I'm missing something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- for the food but not for the musicChryslerSpireVIPDined on 3/24/2014This place is quirky, and I mean that in a good way. The space and decor are varied and unusual, food is between very good and delicious (and authentic with some good variations) and the staff unusually friendly and solicitous. The problem is the music: third-rate rock-and-roll from an unknown (and best forgotten) era. I asked it be turned down, which did happen after a few minutes of discomfort as the medium-metal guitars blared on. But then it was deliberately made louder, I asked again and it was turned down, and this cycle happened a third time. I don't know who's making the choice or why, but it feels counter to everything else about the place. I'll try again and hope, it's worth another chance.Special Features:
- Nice place, perfect for us . . .MarcoDined on 3/23/2014Being from out of town, I'm obviously not familiar with the restaurant scene here, but I had a local Manhattan person recommend FPF to me. I was conducting a business dinner and had seven people. FPF has a wonderful, near private dining area for my group. We had plenty of room and a round table which keeps everyone engaged in the conversation. The entire staff was very attentive, the wine was good and the entrees even better! I'd definitely go back when I'm in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice New FindCarolDined on 3/22/2014Nice new find for us, with high quality food and service. From beginning to end we all enjoyed our meals very much. The fresh mozzarella and tomato salad was to die for. This restaurant is a real treat if you particularly enjoy conversing with your dinner party. We did not have to raise our voices to speak. The atmosphere is very relaxing with a pianist to add to the mood. We would definitely dine here again. There is also parking next door for a discounted rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJohannaDined on 3/21/2014Great food and service. We ordered the prefix menu and they brought us out several "surprises" as well. Very nice experience and I would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a Business LunchSarahElizabethDined on 3/13/2014I love coming here for business lunches. It's right next to work, clean, friendly and attentive staff, moderately priced with a good lunch special and super convenient. Will continue to use it while I work in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new discoveryshowgalVIPDined on 3/8/2014This was our 2nd visit and it definitely won't be our last. We were taken here by friends several months ago and couldn't wait to return. We were not disappointed! The food was excellent, wine choices were top-rate. Service is gracious and friendly. The rack of lamb was tender and well flavored. I had the special halibut which was juicy and delicately flavored. Word to the wise--- go easy on the dessert, share--portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brussels sprouts worth the visitInfrequentdinerDined on 3/1/2014The restaurant was not crowded so it was very quiet and we had a wonderful relaxing dinner where we could talk , not shout. There was a party in the back room that we never heard! The special -Brussels sprouts with carmelized onions were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.