819 Farmington Ave
Farmington, CT 06032Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piccoloarancio.com/
- Phone: 8606741224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3;00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Cialfi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: will cater off our menu or your suggestions
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms; one holds up to 30 people and one up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Cialfi 860-985-0406
A word from Piccolo Arancio
Piccolo Arancio offers modern interpretations of the flavorful and soulful food of all the regions of Italy. Chef Salvatore Cialfi was trained in Rome Italy and creates a menu that showcases the freshest ingredients that result in bursting, vivid flavors. Diners are encouraged to eat as if they were in Italy: leisurely, sensuously and with gusto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolo Arancio reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (22)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Outstanding chef and great service....very neighborhood feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRenyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We tried new entrees at this visit to this wonderful restaurant and found some new favorites to have again! The chicken with porcini mushrooms if just delicious. Try it if you haven't, I highly recommend it. The pasta with chicken is also marvelous. My husband raved about it. The house pinot noir wine was very nice as well. The raspberry and peach crisp had delicate and delightful flavors with a good crunch! Wonderful meal. Wonderful restaurant, wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/10/2014A great regular spot with consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 9/8/2014It was Monday evening and we wanted to go out for a good dinner. We know Piccolo Arancio is open on Mondays... so we headed on over and it was wonderful. We had a marvelous meal with peace and quiet which was just what we were looking for. The food and service were impeccable. The wine was very nice, both the pinot noir and the chardonnay. Apple Crisp was on the dessert menu for that evening - so it is autumn in the valley with "apple" desserts appearing again! Yummy! Be sure to get to Piccolo Arancio in the fall for their Apple Crisp!Special Features:
- Meeting Friends at Piccolo ArancioRenyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We expected to have dinner for two, but ran into friends at Piccolo Arancio and it became dinner for four and a great time was had by all. The wait staff quickly accommodated this change and we were talking and laughing within minutes of spotting each other at the restaurant. The Soft Shell Crab was outstanding. The season of soft shell is ending soon, so hurry in to be able to enjoy this! The apple crisp (yes, it is early apple season in the valley) was wonderful. The simply grilled salmon was simply delicious as always! The service was friendly and outstanding as well. Our hats are off to Sal and his very talented and very customer focused staff! Quick, get there for the soft shell crabs! :-)Special Features:
- Dinner for Four At Five!RenyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Piccolo Arancio with friends who now live in Hawaii. We all looked forward to the dinner at Piccolo Arancio and it did not disappoint. The special of the evening, Soft Shell Crab, was done perfectly; and some members of our party looked longingly at the entrée - wishing we had ordered that too! But, the Linguine Bolognese and Simply Grilled Salmon was excellent as well. The four of us will be returning to Piccolo Arancio on their next trip back from Hawaii! Piccolo Arancio is a sure bet when one wants to try something new... so try it if you haven't been there yet! What ARE you WAITING FOR? :-)Special Features:
- The food is always great....ExpectMoreDined on 8/27/2014The food is always great......but I consistently have found over the 12 years that I have dined at Piccolo's that the staff is rather rude & obnoxious. Not sure if I'm just lucky, but I dined there twice this past month and I've had two "male" waiters that were unfriendly, sarcastic and rude. The management team needs to work on this - this is not a "cheap evening out" and I expect friendly, helpful staff when I go to an establishment of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration for 6 at 6 PMRenyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Six special people got together at a very special restaurant and had an especially fabulous celebration in honor of a Young Californian Woman coming home to visit her family and friends. We had great service, fantastic food, wonderful wine and delicious desserts. We were given time and privacy to be with each other in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere... not feeling neglected but respected by the wait staff to honor our need to be together to nourish ourselves with conversation before ordering and savoring nutritious food. The steak was the best one young man had ever had - cooked perfectly; the risotto was enjoyed by several members of our party, the Salmon was super!Special Features:
- Special Treat and Special TreatmentRenyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our niece was home from college and we took her to Piccolo Arancio for dinner. She was very excited! We had taken her there before she left for college and she had really loved it. She is normally a Steak Person, but she tried the fettuccini with Truffles and she thought it was delicious. She branched out and had a wonderful dining experience and learned about truffles all at one time. The marvelous wait staff remembered her and were exceptionally nice to her which made her feel very special! Thank you, Piccolo Arancio! Try this restaurant for special occasions, to celebrate a loved one or a life. or just to have a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Dinner is DivineRenyVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had a delicious dinner at this visit. The Chilean Sea Bass (a special of the day) was delicious. The Linguine Bolognese was another special that was very well received. We are always very pleased with the food, the service, the atmosphere. It is a very comfortable dining experience with excellent food. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I just wanted a quiet and comfortable dinner for two last night. It was Monday and we knew that Piccolo Arancio was open. I LOVE that they are open on a Monday night when so many other restaurants are not. SO, if you are looking for a Monday night Dinner, head on over to Piccolo Arancio and be delighted. We booked a reservation (through Open Table of course) and were seated at 5:30 PM! The Chilean Sea bass was a special that night and it was delicious! It was cooked perfectly and was very yummy! My husband had linguine and meatballs - he always substitutes linguine in any pasta dish and Piccolo Arancio is very happy to accommodate any special requests.Special Features:
- kurtDined on 7/18/2014piccolo arancho is a very good restaurant with great food.service is impeccable the drink menu has a wide variety of drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucidog1Dined on 7/12/2014Consistently good food with superb service! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchRenyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Lunch was lovely! We were supposed to celebrate a birthday of a 94 year old dear friend. Unfortunately, she was not quite up for lunch out that day. So, the two of us decided to go to lunch alone. It was yummy! We had fish and pasta dishes - both outstanding. We will return for the birthday celebration soon! AND if the day once again isn't optimum for our dear friend, we will go alone and enjoy and go again... we will keep trying and keep enjoying Piccolo Arancio! We recommend it highly for lunch on your own or a celebration... the staff, service and food will make it very special!Special Features:
- Good Food and Nice AtmosphereJoJoFoodieDined on 6/27/2014We had a nice meal here...always do! The quality and the presentation are consistently on point! It is a big menu so enjoy a nice cocktail while you review the extensive selections. We have been going here for years and we are never disappointed by the meal or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldVIPDined on 6/21/2014Two Californians and three CT yankees enjoyed a recent dinner at Piccolo Arancio. Warm beet salad, grilled swordfish, seared yellowfin tuna and the risotto del giornio were all hits. No misses. Service was efficient, not overbearing. A new find for 4 of the 5 of us.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 5/30/2014A fine Italian restaurant in Farmington with a related restaurant (Peppercorns) in Hartford. The food is very tasty and freshly prepared. The servers could be more polished; while Seth provided attentive service, his personality like some of the other waiters at the restaurant was not very welcoming. The warm beet salad was excellent; the house risotto was delicious. Bread is not served until the food is ordered; ask to have it with olive oil and parmesan cheese which is perfect with the wine. Another nearby alternative Italian restaurant that is not quite as upscale is Confetti in Plainville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in years!!ChristineDined on 5/30/2014My husband & I had the best meal we have had in years!! The flavors were great! Everything from appetizer to salad to main course were amazing. Our waiter was so attentive too. We will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends From Far ReturnRenyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Friends that live far away came to visit last week and we all went to dinner at Piccolo Arancio. They loved it and said they were very pleased that we chose Piccolo Arancio! They had not been there in over a year and were again reminded of what a gem we have in the Farmington Valley in this restaurant! They said the Lamb was Outstanding which is high praise for Piccolo Arancio. These friends do a wonderful job grilling lamb and often order it when out to dinner... so they have many experiences of eating Lamb to compare Piccolo Arancio's Lamb with! So, consider the Lamb next time you are dining at Piccolo Arancio OR if it is the First Time to dine at Piccolo Arancio!Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the Piccolo Arancio reviews archive.
- FavoriteBinkandGDined on 5/23/2014As a couple who eat out often, we find Piccolo Arancio our favorite! The food is always fresh, delicious and served with eye pleasing flair. Sauted soft-shell crabs were meaty and flavorful. The addition of a corn relish was superb. Save room for dessert! The cannoli was freshly made and delicious!Special Features:
- A great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We had a reservation at another nearby restaurant. I went on line and didn't like the Menu so I tried Piccolos . We were not disappointed the food was great as was the service. We brought a. Very fine wine so the corkage. Of $25 did not faze us. Salads main entire and tip was a reasonable $100 per couple. Definitely go there it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedberniedinesVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I sat for 20 minutes after being seated. We watched our waiter, who had introduced himself when we were seated, scurry between tables in three separate rooms. We felt bad for him -- he clearly was trying to do more than was reasonable, but after 20 minutes of no service, we left.
- Good To Go!RenyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful meal at Piccolo Arancio! You can always count on that! THIS TIME, we also took some "take out" for lunch for a couple of days! A GREAT IDEA! My husband loves Sal's meatballs, so we asked for an order of meatballs to go and we took it home and my husband had two lunches of pasta with meatballs. He was in heaven. So, the next time you are at Piccolo consider taking some yummy food home for lunch! We did and it was great!Special Features:
- Uninspiringlive2eatDined on 5/12/2014We returned to Piccolo Arancio after some 14 years - our last visit many many years ago was unforgettable. The food was good, so was the wine, the waiters friendly and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We moved out of the area and never got to go back, but decided to revisit recently. I have to say, not much more than the ambience is the same any more. It was a quiet evening as it was right after mothers day, so not many patrons. Our waitress was extremely unenthusiastic - seemed barely interested in her job - something that I dont expect in a restaurant of that caliber! The food was equally uninspiring - very bland and flavorless! Utterly disappointing and not a place i look forward to returning any time soon!
- Has PotentialTheHatDined on 5/11/2014The continental restaurant is chic, service and ambiance are very good, so why is this place disappointing? At $250 for 4 diners the food should be both well prepared and the portions sufficient. The risotto with seafood at $30 was all risotto and a smattering of seafood, unacceptable at this price. Other portions, like pasta Bolognese was also wanting. The preparations were excellent, but value was lacking!Special Features:
- Great timeBroomyDined on 5/9/2014Food was great and service was exceptional. Thanks, Seth.Special Features:
- First Time VisitDeliciousDined on 5/6/2014May 6th was my first visit to Piccolo Arancio and I was not disappointed. From the maître d to the waiting staff to the excellent food I was awed at all times. We were able to look around the restaurant to see where large groups would be housed and discussing what menus would be available to large groups. Overall the staff was superb and so was the food offerings. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pick for an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014My wife and I came here to celebrate our anniversary. It was a great dinning experience and the wait staff (Russell) was excellent. They make their own pasta and I have to say it is fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice quiet evening with no rush and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLaurieWDined on 4/29/2014We discovered this place about a year ago. If you are looking for classic, fresh Italian food you will not be disappointed. My personal favorites are the linguine with lobster and the peppered tuna. The service is always friendly and the restaurant has a comfortable, neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerRenyVIPDined on 4/29/2014It was my birthday, so I booked at my favorite restaurant through Open Table! Piccolo Arancio is a treasure. I feel very comfortable and very pampered when dining at this fine establishment. Whatever dish I have, it is delicious! I tend to seafood... so I can personally vouch for ALL of the SEAFOOD dishes! The salads are wonderful and fresh and different! My husband loves all the Pasta Dishes. Several of our friends think that the Beef, Port and Veal are out of this world. So, you can't go wrong. AND, the restaurant will customize as needed to meet dietary requirements! Enjoy this restaurant!Special Features:
- Dining at Piccolo ArancioRenyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Dining at Piccolo Arancio is no "PICCOLO" (piccolo means small) thing... it is a GREAT thing! We dine there often and it is our favorite restaurant in the Farmington Valley. The reason we love it is "the FOOD", "the STAFF", "the SERVICE", "the CHEF OWNER", the "ACCOMODATING ATTITUDE" of everyone involved in this loving endeavor and enterprise! In our view there is NOTHING not to like! We recommend that you give this "Favorite" of ours a try. All their dishes are delicious, so it really depends on what you like to eat as to what you would like best! I LOVE the Simply Grilled Salmon, my husband loves the Risotto, the Meat Balls, the Porcini Chicken, and the Fusilli Zingara. As I said, it is all delicious. And for dessert: Crème Brulee.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2014Nice lunch. View of experience reflected above. Nice restaurant for dinner as well.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 4/19/2014We enjoyed our meal. Russell provided attentive service. The warm bread with olive oil was tasty. Interesting listing of wines by levels of intensity. No room for dessert. Too bad the restaurant is not open on Sunday. We like the sister restaurant Peppercorns too.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerRenyVIPDined on 4/15/2014Our Dinner was special as we were treating our niece to a "welcome home" dinner! She had a wonderful time and a delicious dinner. She loved the way the staff was so attentive to her on her "visit home"! The caring staff at Piccolo Arancio is a big plus to having an enhanced dining experience. We always take our "Special Occasions Outings" to this Remarkable Restaurant - where the food is a fabulous foundation, but the extra's make it exceptional!Special Features:
- Super Supper!RenyVIPDined on 4/5/2014Super Supper was had by all! We all decided to go for an early dinner and had a super supper at Piccolo Arancio on an early Saturday evening! The pasta dishes were divine, the fish dishes were fabulous, and the lamb was luscious! Go to Piccolo Arancio if you have not tried this gem in the Farmington Valley before! It is a very friendly, family and chef owned and operated restaurant that is well worth trying. Once you try it, I am sure you will go back. My personal favorite is the "Simply Grilled Salmon"! EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something New and DeliciousRenyVIPDined on 3/29/2014I am VERY CAREFUL with Carbohydrates, but wanted to try some of Piccolo Arancio's Pasta Sauces! So, I asked for a sauce to be served over sautéed spinach! It was delicious! I recommend trying that If you'd love to taste some great sauces without the carbs! I LOVE that Sal is so VERY FLEXIBLE on how the dishes are prepared and served. NOW, THAT is SERVICE!!Special Features:
- Excellent food, a little undersusanDined on 3/20/2014Excellent food, a little under appreciated. Not a bustling scene. Have never had a bad meal there, good acoustics. Relaxed environment. Professional staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming, relaxed atmosphere.JettagurlDined on 3/7/2014Charming, relaxed atmosphere. We dined with some friends we hadn't seen for a while. Of course, we talked and talked! The waiter was most attentive but never hovering or interrupting. Food was lovely; regular menu is limited but extensive specialties menu takes advantage of seasonally fresh options. Very hard to choose but everyone enjoyed their choices. The stand-out was a skirt steak with a bacon marmalade! We were the last to leave the restaurant but the staff never rushed us, nor brought the bill until we requested it. True hospitality!! Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menuInternationalTravellerDined on 3/5/2014The standard menu has everything that you'd expect to see and the quality of the food never disappoints. I also like the specials menu which is changed very regularly and provides a different slant on the standard menu. Whenever I'm in the area I always go here and every client I've taken there is very very impressed. The wine list is of a hight quality containing both domestic and international selections.Special Features:
- AwesomeEagleDined on 3/1/2014This is a restaurant that we frequent and it never seems to disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.