819 Farmington Ave
Farmington, CT 06032Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piccoloarancio.com/
- Phone: (860) 674-1224
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3;00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Cialfi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: will cater off our menu or your suggestions
- Private Party Facilities: Two private rooms; one holds up to 30 people and one up to 20 people.
- Private Party Contact: Sal Cialfi 860-985-0406
A word from Piccolo Arancio
Piccolo Arancio offers modern interpretations of the flavorful and soulful food of all the regions of Italy. Chef Salvatore Cialfi was trained in Rome Italy and creates a menu that showcases the freshest ingredients that result in bursting, vivid flavors. Diners are encouraged to eat as if they were in Italy: leisurely, sensuously and with gusto.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Piccolo Arancio - Best Restaurants in Farmington, CT ›
Piccolo Arancio reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)good for groups (26)special occasion (26)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (13)romantic (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Piccolo Arancio is good for a small party, a big group, or dinner for two! Just the two of us went for dinner on Saturday night and it was fabulous. The wait staff is so friendly and accommodating. The chefs will customize anything and everything for anyone's tastes and requirements. This is a chef owned restaurant and you can tell that from everything about it. From the wonderful wine list, the delicious dishes, the attention to detail, the home made desserts and the wonderful lattes. We have had private parties hosted there and it was wonderful. We have had small gatherings (8 or so) and everyone was very pleased with their dinners and their experience. If you haven't tried this Farmington Valley Gem, we highly recommend that you do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is slippingfoodchefDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant a mainstay with us has been very inconsistent the three times. The food just isn't what it used to be.
- Always outstandingSusieVIPDined on 11/7/2014This place is always outstanding. We have eaten here several times and have always had fantastic meals. The quality is top notch. We rate this one of our top places (we eat out quite a bit and have been to several wonderful places but Piccolo Arancio is at the top of the list). They have a good size menu with many terrific items to choose from. Their service team has been there for a long time too. We had Russell and he is one of the best servers we have ever had anywhere. He is efficient yet very friendly and funny. A big thumbs up for this place.Special Features:
- Fantastic SpecialtiesRenyVIPDined on 11/6/2014The raviolis with orange sauce are THE BEST! It was a wonderful introduction to Piccolo Arancio for my sister. She and her husband split an appetizer portion so that they could have Pasta entree's after a pasta appetizer! They loved both the pasta appetizer and the entrees. Gnocchi with meatballs was wonderful as was the spaghetti and meatballs! The Lamb Dish was out of this world! The Simply Salmon was Simply Delicious. You can not go wrong with the signature dishes, the specials or the standard menu items.... All good... All delicious.... AND the SERVICE is so caring and attentive, it will make the entire experience special! ENJOY!Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrations Are Fun!RenyVIPDined on 11/3/2014We have celebrated many birthdays at Piccolo Arancio. The sincere wishes of the staff, the dessert that comes to the table with a candle shining brightly and the soft song that we sing at the table all make this a warm and wonderful birthday dinner! This birthday was no exception! The orange ravioli as an appetizer was just yummy! The pasta with meatballs was excellent. The chicken with porcini mushrooms was loved by the birthday girl! All in all, a marvelous birthday evening at Piccolo Arancio!Special Features:
- Always goodCgamDined on 10/29/2014My husband and I have been going here for the last year, almost weekly and love the great good, wine, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGastroGuyDined on 10/29/2014I only dine at Piccolo Arancio a few times a year and each time is a memorable dining experience. From fresh-made pasta and quality ingredients to a friendly and knowledgeable staff, it's worth the trip from anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodkl06010Dined on 10/25/2014The whole experience was terrific. the food delicious, the service excellent. its moderately expensive. But you won't be disappointed with the food or service. for desert try the chocolate bread pudding.Special Features:
- MLKMLKMLKMLKVIPDined on 10/25/2014Piccolo is a fabulous eating experience. My wife and I have been going there for years. The food is consistently great. I had Osso Buco and it was as good as it was everytime I had it there. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be guaranteed a fine meal, wonderful service, and a satisfying dining experience. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner After MatineeRenyVIPDined on 10/25/2014We go to dinner at Piccolo Arancio after attending the Goodspeed Matinee on Saturdays. It is a great combo - Goodspeed and Piccolo when you live the in the Farmington Valley! Pasta was the choice of the evening. Everyone loved their pasta with Lobster or pasta with Meatballs or pasta with Bolognese or the Pumpkin Ravioli (seasonal specialty). Piccolo does Pasta Perfectly. Try a Pasta Dish if you haven't tried one yet. :-)Special Features:
- Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a quiet dinner for two. The Chicken with Porcini Mushrooms was the most delicious chicken dish I have had in an age! The sauce was stunning and plenty! The vegetables served with it were sensational and sautéed to perfection. The pasta with meatballs were a major hit with my husband. He raved about how good the meatballs were! Try these two dishes if you haven't yet!Special Features:
- Three Please For A Birthday BlastRenyVIPDined on 10/17/2014We surprised a friend with a small 60th Birthday Party and our friend was delighted with everything from the greeting at the door to the birthday dessert with candles ablaze and singing for her special day. She loved her Simply Grilled Salmon... she likes fish very well done. She was extremely pleased that it was well done AND still moist! The chef knows how to cook fish from rare tuna to well done salmon perfectly. SO, if you haven't tried one of Piccolo Arancio's fish entrees, I suggest you do!Special Features:
- Porcini Encrusted Chicken YUMMYRenyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We tried the Porcini Encrusted Chicken Dish at Piccolo Arancio on this visit and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! It was very delicious... the sauce is so good.... We can't wait to go back and have it again! The chicken was very tender, the porcini mushrooms were plentiful and very tasty, the sauce was elegant and light and luscious! The service was terrific, but it was all about the food on this visit. We can't say enough about this dish. If you haven't tried it yet, please do! You will NOT be disappointed! Sal and his staff do this dish and many others superbly!Special Features:
- Girlfriends nite outMeshelDined on 10/7/2014I was seeking quiet, ambiance dining area to enjoy chatting with a good friend. Naturally, there were some noises but it was comfortable to enjoy. The waitress was very helpful at making suggestions which we trusted to try and was satisfied with our meals. This would be an occasional treat as this is the only place I know that has 'Dark Stormy' ( Gosling's ginger beer and dark rum) Thank you for humbly experience.Special Features:
- Piccolo Does Not DisappointRenyVIPDined on 10/6/2014We have never been disappointed in our dining experience at Piccolo Arancio. It has always been warm and wonderful service, fabulous food and great ambience. On this visit, I had the porcini mushroom encrusted chicken breast and it was absolutely marvelous. If you have not tried that yet, I highly recommend it. My husband had risotto with a twist... adding a meatball on the side that he then cut into pieces and added to the dish... he made a new creation and he loved it! So experiment a little next time you go to Piccolo Arancio's. I always find that Sal is willing to modify and accommodate any request for "changes" to the dishes... I am sure he would have added a meatball for my husband before the risotto was served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceBroomyDined on 10/1/2014Our waiter Seth Woodford is a consummater professional.Special Features:
- Dallas DelightRenyVIPDined on 9/25/2014My husband's sister was visiting from Dallas. It was her first time at Piccolo Arancio and she LOVED it. She LOVED everything about it, the ambience, the service, the wine, and ESPECIALLY the FOOD! Her Salmon was simply delicious... the best she has had! She was crazy about the warm chocolate cake! It was her birthday, so her piece had a candle and a birthday message on the plate. She was delighted with that! Actually, she was very Delighted with the entire experience. She just wishes that Piccolo Arancio was closer to Dallas! Great Job... Great Time... If you have not been there yet for a birthday, go and enjoy special service and spectacular food!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Outstanding chef and great service....very neighborhood feelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceRenyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We tried new entrees at this visit to this wonderful restaurant and found some new favorites to have again! The chicken with porcini mushrooms if just delicious. Try it if you haven't, I highly recommend it. The pasta with chicken is also marvelous. My husband raved about it. The house pinot noir wine was very nice as well. The raspberry and peach crisp had delicate and delightful flavors with a good crunch! Wonderful meal. Wonderful restaurant, wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/10/2014A great regular spot with consistently good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 9/8/2014It was Monday evening and we wanted to go out for a good dinner. We know Piccolo Arancio is open on Mondays... so we headed on over and it was wonderful. We had a marvelous meal with peace and quiet which was just what we were looking for. The food and service were impeccable. The wine was very nice, both the pinot noir and the chardonnay. Apple Crisp was on the dessert menu for that evening - so it is autumn in the valley with "apple" desserts appearing again! Yummy! Be sure to get to Piccolo Arancio in the fall for their Apple Crisp!Special Features:
- Meeting Friends at Piccolo ArancioRenyVIPDined on 9/5/2014We expected to have dinner for two, but ran into friends at Piccolo Arancio and it became dinner for four and a great time was had by all. The wait staff quickly accommodated this change and we were talking and laughing within minutes of spotting each other at the restaurant. The Soft Shell Crab was outstanding. The season of soft shell is ending soon, so hurry in to be able to enjoy this! The apple crisp (yes, it is early apple season in the valley) was wonderful. The simply grilled salmon was simply delicious as always! The service was friendly and outstanding as well. Our hats are off to Sal and his very talented and very customer focused staff! Quick, get there for the soft shell crabs! :-)Special Features:
- Dinner for Four At Five!RenyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Piccolo Arancio with friends who now live in Hawaii. We all looked forward to the dinner at Piccolo Arancio and it did not disappoint. The special of the evening, Soft Shell Crab, was done perfectly; and some members of our party looked longingly at the entrée - wishing we had ordered that too! But, the Linguine Bolognese and Simply Grilled Salmon was excellent as well. The four of us will be returning to Piccolo Arancio on their next trip back from Hawaii! Piccolo Arancio is a sure bet when one wants to try something new... so try it if you haven't been there yet! What ARE you WAITING FOR? :-)Special Features:
- The food is always great....ExpectMoreDined on 8/27/2014The food is always great......but I consistently have found over the 12 years that I have dined at Piccolo's that the staff is rather rude & obnoxious. Not sure if I'm just lucky, but I dined there twice this past month and I've had two "male" waiters that were unfriendly, sarcastic and rude. The management team needs to work on this - this is not a "cheap evening out" and I expect friendly, helpful staff when I go to an establishment of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration for 6 at 6 PMRenyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Six special people got together at a very special restaurant and had an especially fabulous celebration in honor of a Young Californian Woman coming home to visit her family and friends. We had great service, fantastic food, wonderful wine and delicious desserts. We were given time and privacy to be with each other in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere... not feeling neglected but respected by the wait staff to honor our need to be together to nourish ourselves with conversation before ordering and savoring nutritious food. The steak was the best one young man had ever had - cooked perfectly; the risotto was enjoyed by several members of our party, the Salmon was super!Special Features:
- Special Treat and Special TreatmentRenyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Our niece was home from college and we took her to Piccolo Arancio for dinner. She was very excited! We had taken her there before she left for college and she had really loved it. She is normally a Steak Person, but she tried the fettuccini with Truffles and she thought it was delicious. She branched out and had a wonderful dining experience and learned about truffles all at one time. The marvelous wait staff remembered her and were exceptionally nice to her which made her feel very special! Thank you, Piccolo Arancio! Try this restaurant for special occasions, to celebrate a loved one or a life. or just to have a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Dinner is DivineRenyVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had a delicious dinner at this visit. The Chilean Sea Bass (a special of the day) was delicious. The Linguine Bolognese was another special that was very well received. We are always very pleased with the food, the service, the atmosphere. It is a very comfortable dining experience with excellent food. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Delightful Dinner For TwoRenyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I just wanted a quiet and comfortable dinner for two last night. It was Monday and we knew that Piccolo Arancio was open. I LOVE that they are open on a Monday night when so many other restaurants are not. SO, if you are looking for a Monday night Dinner, head on over to Piccolo Arancio and be delighted. We booked a reservation (through Open Table of course) and were seated at 5:30 PM! The Chilean Sea bass was a special that night and it was delicious! It was cooked perfectly and was very yummy! My husband had linguine and meatballs - he always substitutes linguine in any pasta dish and Piccolo Arancio is very happy to accommodate any special requests.Special Features:
- The following 319 reviews are from the Piccolo Arancio reviews archive.
- kurtDined on 7/18/2014piccolo arancho is a very good restaurant with great food.service is impeccable the drink menu has a wide variety of drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucidog1Dined on 7/12/2014Consistently good food with superb service! Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchRenyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Lunch was lovely! We were supposed to celebrate a birthday of a 94 year old dear friend. Unfortunately, she was not quite up for lunch out that day. So, the two of us decided to go to lunch alone. It was yummy! We had fish and pasta dishes - both outstanding. We will return for the birthday celebration soon! AND if the day once again isn't optimum for our dear friend, we will go alone and enjoy and go again... we will keep trying and keep enjoying Piccolo Arancio! We recommend it highly for lunch on your own or a celebration... the staff, service and food will make it very special!Special Features:
- Good Food and Nice AtmosphereJoJoFoodieDined on 6/27/2014We had a nice meal here...always do! The quality and the presentation are consistently on point! It is a big menu so enjoy a nice cocktail while you review the extensive selections. We have been going here for years and we are never disappointed by the meal or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldVIPDined on 6/21/2014Two Californians and three CT yankees enjoyed a recent dinner at Piccolo Arancio. Warm beet salad, grilled swordfish, seared yellowfin tuna and the risotto del giornio were all hits. No misses. Service was efficient, not overbearing. A new find for 4 of the 5 of us.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 5/30/2014A fine Italian restaurant in Farmington with a related restaurant (Peppercorns) in Hartford. The food is very tasty and freshly prepared. The servers could be more polished; while Seth provided attentive service, his personality like some of the other waiters at the restaurant was not very welcoming. The warm beet salad was excellent; the house risotto was delicious. Bread is not served until the food is ordered; ask to have it with olive oil and parmesan cheese which is perfect with the wine. Another nearby alternative Italian restaurant that is not quite as upscale is Confetti in Plainville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in years!!ChristineDined on 5/30/2014My husband & I had the best meal we have had in years!! The flavors were great! Everything from appetizer to salad to main course were amazing. Our waiter was so attentive too. We will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends From Far ReturnRenyVIPDined on 5/30/2014Friends that live far away came to visit last week and we all went to dinner at Piccolo Arancio. They loved it and said they were very pleased that we chose Piccolo Arancio! They had not been there in over a year and were again reminded of what a gem we have in the Farmington Valley in this restaurant! They said the Lamb was Outstanding which is high praise for Piccolo Arancio. These friends do a wonderful job grilling lamb and often order it when out to dinner... so they have many experiences of eating Lamb to compare Piccolo Arancio's Lamb with! So, consider the Lamb next time you are dining at Piccolo Arancio OR if it is the First Time to dine at Piccolo Arancio!Special Features:
- FavoriteBinkandGDined on 5/23/2014As a couple who eat out often, we find Piccolo Arancio our favorite! The food is always fresh, delicious and served with eye pleasing flair. Sauted soft-shell crabs were meaty and flavorful. The addition of a corn relish was superb. Save room for dessert! The cannoli was freshly made and delicious!Special Features:
- A great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014We had a reservation at another nearby restaurant. I went on line and didn't like the Menu so I tried Piccolos . We were not disappointed the food was great as was the service. We brought a. Very fine wine so the corkage. Of $25 did not faze us. Salads main entire and tip was a reasonable $100 per couple. Definitely go there it's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedberniedinesVIPDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I sat for 20 minutes after being seated. We watched our waiter, who had introduced himself when we were seated, scurry between tables in three separate rooms. We felt bad for him -- he clearly was trying to do more than was reasonable, but after 20 minutes of no service, we left.
- Good To Go!RenyVIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a wonderful meal at Piccolo Arancio! You can always count on that! THIS TIME, we also took some "take out" for lunch for a couple of days! A GREAT IDEA! My husband loves Sal's meatballs, so we asked for an order of meatballs to go and we took it home and my husband had two lunches of pasta with meatballs. He was in heaven. So, the next time you are at Piccolo consider taking some yummy food home for lunch! We did and it was great!Special Features: