Piccolino Italian Ristorante
78 S. Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Piccolino Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolinoboca.com/
- Phone: 5613958858
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Piccolino Italian Ristorante
Come experience authentic Italian cuisine in downtown Boca Raton. At Piccolino, we use only the freshest and finest ingredients to create delicious meals with old world charm. Our menu not only offers essential Italian fare such as pizzas and pasta but we also offer exquisite homemade desserts daily. Providing you with an amazing dining experience is most important to us. Our friendly atmosphere and staff will make you feel right at home!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolino Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistantly wonderfulRichGVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I make sure we come here monthly or even more often. From the warm greeting by Roberto Vacco at the door, to his unflagging desire to please every customer, to the wonderful food - this is a winner. We bemoan that despite being in Florida, we have trouble getting good fish. Well, if you feel like that, this is the place to come. Fish is fabulous. of course, so is the humonghous, delicious veal parm - and just bout everything else. If you want to have dinner and leave with a good feeling inside - try this little gem. Everyone we bring here loves Roberto, his wife Leonora and his food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious .The staff was super friendly and was at your beck and call. There were 6 of us and we all left full and happy. I would go back right now.Special Features:
- Just great!sandyVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is a place that cares! The food is all great but the sole is outstanding. The owner chef greats everyone and even comes out tp make sure that you love everything.Special Features:
- The following 102 reviews are from the Piccolino Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Good food, service spottyDelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food was very good. No complaints. Wish the menu had a little wider selection, but still very good. Service was spotty. It appeared that there was only one person taking orders for the whole restaurant, so it was very hard for her to get around to everyone in a timely fashion. Allow plenty of time to eat if you go here.
- Dinner @ 7 for 7Jimmy134Dined on 4/17/2014I'm a transplanted New Yorker... best Italian food I've had in Palm Beach County... on a level with NYC- Little Italy, Providence-Federal Hill, and Boston-North End....BRAVO !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to have dined thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2014The owners were great. The food and ambience was terrific. It was a pleasant dining experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyRichGVIPDined on 4/5/2014One thing about Piccolino is the consistency of the food , the service and the attitude of Robert and Leonora , the owner and his wife who take care of each diner as if they were dear relatives. While they should do a bit of tweaking with the menu to add an item or two, this is a great place for a really good meal . Would love to see a place like this open further north.Special Features:
- This is a very low key restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/31/2014This is a very low key restaurant - nothing fancy at all. But the food is good and the owner, Roberto, can't do enough to make his patrons happy. It is worth coming just to be treated so well.Special Features:
- classic quality Italian family restbt49Dined on 3/25/2014Intimate restaurant ,excellent food and service :owner treats patrons as family (in a good way)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homey, neighborhoodstacheDined on 3/22/2014Decent food with a family run atmosphere. Don't bring friends who want fancy. This is not for them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently reliable and deliciousfranklyrayVIPDined on 3/21/2014If you drive too fast thru Boca Raton on Federal Highway you will miss Piccolino as I did for some time. Now I am a regular. The proof is in the repeat business from my friends who are first generation Italian (S' Angelo dei Lombardi). They return with great reviews. The best linguine with clam sauce this side of the pond.
- Fabulous Italian FoodCarolroseVIPDined on 3/11/2014We walked into this cozy restaurant and fell in love with it immediately. We were greeted at the door and made to feel instantly welcome. We enjoyed the burrata appetizer (amazing), veal parm. and snapper. All were cooked to perfection, including a side of pasta. Portions were generous, as well. Many of the patrons were regulars, and I can understand why. We will definitely make this a regular dinner stop when we are in Florida. I can't believe it took us so long to find this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!Lainer105Dined on 3/10/2014Since we are originally from the NY/NJ metro area trying to find an good Italian restaurant in the area has certainly proved difficult since we moved here. Many are overpriced; not an issue if the food is good! We decided to give Piccolino a try and were not disappointed. We were informed of the evening specials by the owner/chef and also informed that he can tweak any item on the menu. It was francaise night for the 3 of us...the special was sole francaise, 2 orders and one of veal francaise. The sauce was one of the best we've tasted! A side of pasta, fresh bread and some wine added to an enjoyable meal. Homemade tiramisu and cappuccino topped of the evening. We would not hesitate to return to Piccolino again. Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Quiet hideaway for special occasionBocaBoyDined on 2/25/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at Piccolino's on several occasions and each time has been memorable. It is the perfect spot for a quiet night out with friends for low key, quality food and good conversation. I have read that other's have commented that the tables are tight, which is true, but that's typical of an Italian bistro. The parking might be a challenge but worth the effort. The menu, at first glance, looks limited but the chef will modify or easily prepare any dish you request (except pizza!) & each night a unique special is offered. The desserts are freshly made each day & a MUST to save room for (or even take home)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...chubaccaDined on 2/22/2014The food was good & the service was good. But the restaurant was small and the tables are too close together. My wife kept on getting her chair bumped throughout her meal by servers & other customers. I doubt we return even though the food was good.Special Features:
- Great FoodaaaaVIPDined on 2/8/2014This was our third visit in 3 years to Piccolino. Once again we were treated to an outstanding dinner. The sole was done perfectly. (this restaurants signiture dish) The veal was tender and perfectly cooked as well. This one is worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTED AGAINROBERTOVIPDined on 2/1/2014TIME TO MOVE ON. WE'VE BEEN THERE TWICE AND MY WIFE WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH HER ENTREES ON BOTH OCCASIONS.
- Friendly service and very good foodVTMomDined on 2/1/2014Small, friendly restaurant with very good service and tasty food. A pleasant change from the crowds at Mizner Place where parking is always a hassle. All four of us were very pleased with our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!PamCVIPDined on 1/25/2014The staff is as wonderful as the food. We were a party of 6 and shared a variety of four appetizers. One was better than the next. (their lima beans are to die for) All four were deemed winners ! Entree portions are quite substantial and delicious. Their Pietro Marini Malbec wine was fantastic and well priced! This is definitely a new favorite of ours.Special Features:
- A nice find!GiovanniDined on 1/20/2014A delicious burrate antipasto with prosciutto, and the sole and veal were tops. The background music is at odds with the food... it's sort of noisy rock. It would be even more wonderful if they played some Pavoratti or Bocelli. We'll return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had Linguini with clamsDineoutspecialistVIPDined on 1/14/2014I had Linguini with clams which was very good and flavorful and lots of garlic. My partner had sole which was excellent and flaky and a bit salty. The bread was sliced Italian, but not too fresh and it was hard. It would have been better to serve different breads in the basket. We were finished eating, and waiting for the server to come over to us and take away plates and give us the check. When others came in, she seemed to forget others sitting at the tables. There were 2 other tables waiting for their checks also. The boy that served the water was right on it, and kept our glasses filled. Parking could be a problem. It is right on Federal Highway, and fortunately we found a place to park around the corner.
- We were looking for a placesfirvVIPDined on 1/13/2014We were looking for a place for dinner in east Boca and found this restaurant online. The food was excellent, the service was attentive and the staff was very friendly. We will return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureJillyboVIPDined on 1/4/2014This has become one of my favorite spots for consistently good food and service. When you walk in you feel like family at this cozy chef-owned restaurant. They have a limited menu but everything they serve is delicious!Special Features:
- each meal has been greateatsoutDined on 1/3/2014I have dined here 4 times. Each time has been terrific. His egglant parm is different from anywhere else I've eaten. This time, I tried the veal piccata and it was superb. We were 3 in our party and we shared the veal, the eggplant and the clams in white sauce. We couldn't decide which was our fave. Always recommending it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca FavoriteFrankVIPDined on 12/17/2013Had to return when visiting 2 years later and we were not disappointed. The food was still good and we love the personal treatment from Roberto and spouse. You know you will be happy when it is entirely a family affair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Runs Hot & Coldrmd01453VIPDined on 12/13/2013Was it a bad night? Don't know but our last dinner was $150 for three mediocre. Fish that was mushy and did not appear fresh as promised. Boca is too competitive not to stay on your game.Special Features:
- Execelent services and greatPiccolinoDined on 11/29/2013Execelent services and great food very frienly people, The fish is out of this world, my son is a 4 year old and he is very dificult to eat and he love the meat pasta , my wife order salad it was fresh, I will recommemd this restaurant if you like Italian food and spent nice time with your family and friends. Gianny PetrizzoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHICKEN PARM WAS GOOD, OTHERROBERTOVIPDined on 11/23/2013CHICKEN PARM WAS GOOD, OTHER DISHES ORDERED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS WAS RATHER TASTELESS. THE PASTA WITH MARINA SAUCE WAS DELICIOUS. RED WINE ORDERED BY THE GLASS WAS SERVED WAY TOO WARM. WILL TRY AGAIN BUT WAS DISAPPOINTED AS PICCOLINO WAS RECOMMENDED BY NEIGHBOR.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Italian FoodKAS1VIPDined on 11/15/2013Can't say enough great things about this place. Chef/Owner is exceptional. Friendly, welcoming and a great cook. I looked at the menu and saw a few chicken dishes. I didn't see chicken parm so I asked him if that was on the menu. His response was that he would make it for me. He then presented perhaps the best and largest chicken parm I have ever eaten. Pasta on the side was declicious. Wife had the eggplant which she loved. This is the kind of neighborhood place where the Chef and the owner are one in the same and treats all of his guests special. If you are in or near Boca Raton and want exceptional Italian food served up with a smile, this is a MUST try. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurant !!!LuvmexicanVIPDined on 9/28/2013This was my first time there and it was delicious! We went to celebrate my boyfriend's' new job. We started with the eggplant parm appetizer, which was amazing! For dinner I had the veal parm which was amazing as well. My boyfriend had the tortellini Alfredo which he said was good.The service was great and very welcoming! My only negative is the fried olive that they gave to us to start the meal, I wasn't a fan of that. We can wait to return and try some other entrees!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccolino Never Disappointsrmd01453VIPDined on 9/7/2013This chef/owner operated store front in downtown Boca Raton Has a focused menu that is very consistent. Good al dente pastas, fresh Delectable seafood and good quality veal all served with a flair. Hot from the five steps away kitchen. No special occasion necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/fabulous ownersFrequentDinersVIPDined on 8/9/2013We were looking for great Italian food in Boca with a comfortable atmosphere. Based on YELP reviews, we selected Piccolino -- and fully agree with those who rated this as outstanding. The food was great; the owners are the chef and waitress who continuously checked on us, offered suggestions for dinner, gave us a complimentary appetizer and after-dinner cordial, and just simply were delightful. Two couples (a party of four) who were seated near us told us that they had been coming for over 10 years and viewed the restaurant owners as "family" given how solicitous they are to all their guests. If you want great food at a great price in a place where you feel genuinely welcomed -- this is the place.Special Features:
- Real Italian Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013I LOVE this little family owned restaurant! We ordered spaghetti bolognese and the chicken milanese. The bolognese sauce was a little on the sweeter side, I actually prefer this so I loved the taste of it. The pasta was perfectly cooked. The chicken milanese was the best I have had ever and I eat a lot of Italian food. All the deserts are homemade and are incredible. The restaurant is small- we sat towards the back of the restaurant it was a bit warmer but we were still comfortable. We were treated to fried olives as an appetizer- DELICIOUS! I don't mind service being slower at a restaurant like this- I enjoyed not being rushed and it was worth any wait for this quality of food. The owner was so warm and welcoming! This place is a gem.Special Features:
- The food and service was wonderful!DaniVIPDined on 6/22/2013The food and service was wonderful! I will be going back!Special Features:
- Good Neighborhoodrmd01453VIPDined on 6/15/2013This can be our new "go to" neighborhood Italian. Our old one (down the street) suffered from lack of menu innovation and not paying attention to year-round locals. Piccolino - don't do this. Food was well prepared - not fireworks but good hearty fare. Sometimes you just want a good veal parm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemRichGVIPDined on 6/12/2013Selfishly, I really do not want to tell many people about this place because they tell their friends and they tell their friends and then we cannot get in. This is a gem os a small restaurant which is owned by roberto who is also the chef. The menu is somewhat limited but EVERYTHING on the menu is luscious. Roberto and his lovely wife are gracious and caring hosts. I am limiting my comments - out of selfishness - but it is a happy and wonderful place.Special Features:
- Very averageBmwmaryDined on 6/10/2013I read all the reviews and was looking forward to enjoying this restaurant. Unfortunately the food was not what I expected. Service was attentive. Atmosphere was nothing special.
- A winner!RichGVIPDined on 5/14/2013This is one terrific restaurant. the menu is short, but there are specials. The owner/chef recommended the sole Francaise and four of us ordered not. it was luscious! The eggplant parm appetizer, which three of us shared two of, was equally great. Chef was wonderful and friendly as was the wait person (his wife?). It was a truly delightful evening.Special Features:
- our 1st time & was absoulutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/18/2013our 1st time & was absoulutely AMAZING! Run by husband & wife who are the chefs as well, they will personally grteet you and serve you throughout the meal. Will definetely be backSpecial Features:
- Wonderful meal and great service.lawmVIPDined on 4/16/2013Wonderful meal and great service. This was our second time dinning there and will definitly return.Special Features: