1412 North DuPont Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolinatoscana.com/
- Phone: (302) 654-8001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Robbie Jester
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Toscana Catering, through Toscana to Go offers full service off premises catering for weddings, corporate events and office drop-offs. Toscana is the exclusive caterer for the beautiful event facilities at Hagley Museum including the Soda House, Library and Belin House Organic Cafe.
- Entertainment: Bar features include Trolley Square's best happy hour for grown-ups and a happening late night scene.
A word from Piccolina Toscana
Casual, contemporary Italian featuring small plates menu, house-cured salumi, hand-rolled pastas, Sunday brunch, Sunday family dinner, lively pastry bar, dining ‘til midnight, chef’s tasting table, and relaxing lounge. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CpGngpCO4o&hd=1Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccolina Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (17)special occasion (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great service But....MelnieFDined on 11/15/2014We come here often. But the Pizza has changed. Figaro pizza and Margherita pizza not as good as in the past! Otherwise service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK lunchTooBlueVIPDined on 11/14/2014Enjoyed lunch with friends, pizza was ok and the sandwiches were nice. Waiter was polite but had no idea what was in the dishes, hence gave incorrect information.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 11/12/2014Another delicious fresh pasta dish with mussels and shrimp in white wine butter sauce, so simple and so good. Thank Juan for your friendly, efficient service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great service.GuestDined on 11/9/2014Even though our waiter was good, we just got a bad taste from the hostess as soon as we stepped into the restaurant. Not only did she not say Hello when we entered the restaurant, she acted as though she had better things to do than to show us to our table. She had the worst look on her face as she basically threw the menus at us, again without saying one word and walked off. I just couldn't believe how rude she was! We all talked about it at our table. That's the first impression you get from a restaurant and ours wasn't very good at all. I even said before we left "I bet she won't say goodbye to us on our way out", and guess what? I was right. How very disappointing.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 11/1/2014We love going here, there is always a good meal, thanks Juan
- Portions getting smaller?foodyNOTsnobbyDined on 10/25/2014Every previous time I have been here, I have loved it. Generous portions, quiet atmosphere. This time, we were sat at a table by the front door, which chilled us each time it opened. We were disappointed by how small the short rib ravioli burrata portion was. - a little bummed...
- frankDined on 10/24/2014overall everything was fine - nice wine list, many different drink offerings along with a fair size gluten free menu. Entry way was awkward and the open room was not very romantic or special. Dividers would do well to change up the feel of the main room. Food was very good and for that reason alone we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderfulEllenVIPDined on 10/18/2014I have been bringing visitors here for months and am never disappointed. This last time we had the ravioli stuffed with braised short ribs - delicious; the tuna special - outstanding and the cavetelli - scrumptious. The wine list is good and the prices are reasonable. The breadsticks are only so-so, too much like Olive Garden.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Do not be put off by the strip mall location. The ambiance was very nice. Food was very good. Our table had a selection of pastas, fish and steak. Everything was delicious! We highly recommend the baked ricotta app. The portions are slightly smaller than you may expect. So, get a salad or an app as a starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed this visit.KathyDined on 10/11/2014Our first wine selection was no longer available and it took our waiter a long time to tell us. The ambiance is "sterile" - perhaps because it wasn't that crowded - my husband's short rib pasta was dry and it was also a very small portion.
- Not impressedfoodiesmgDined on 10/11/2014The service wasn't great and I didn't like my meal. I ordered the short rib ravioli and my husband ended up switching with me. He described it as a Slim Jim stuffed in a pasta shell. Our waiter didn't even bring out our food, or check to see if we needed anything - he wasn't even that busy! We ended up eating our meals without drinks, since nobody checked on us or even re-filled our water. I will say that the baked ricotta cheeses appetizer was very good, and so was my husband's meal which was shrimp scampi. Also, the ambiance was nice. However, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant nor will I be returning.
- disappointingFoodieDined on 10/4/2014We've been there in the past but this time was nothing special. The menu was limited, the restaurant half empty and the food was not memorable at all. We won't be going back.
- some issues but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food was good and the service was fine. We have had better meals here before. No specific problems.
- Elegant, special spot!TinkDined on 10/2/2014Birthday event. Service outstanding. Salads all good. Entrees of steak were spectacular! My pasta dish? Wouldn't order again...Minimal. A surprised dessert was brought to the table!! Many thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We have been going to Toscana for over 20 years and are never disappointed. This recommendation comes from foodie that is often unimpressed. Starts with great cocktails thru dessert.Special Features:
- Family outingMaskedbunnyDined on 9/27/2014I hadn't heard of this restaurant until we decided to try something new for restaurant week in delaware dines out fall 2014. I am gluten free and they had options for that and I am very grateful that they did. My mother and brother ordered tortellini and the portion was incredibly small but my other sister that ordered the puttanesca got a good portion. It made sense since the pasta was stuffed with special fillings. Over all we enjoyed the food, desserts, and vibe very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/25/2014Busy night but risotto cake and salmon delicious but service suffered with the crowd. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDBfoodieDined on 9/25/2014Very small portions. Dessert not included as other restaurants did include dessert, the entree should have been more generous
- Wonderful EveningblueroxVIPDined on 9/22/2014My mother and I visited for Delaware Dines Out. What a great experience. John was our server and he made the experience personal. How rare that a server takes the time to have a conversation and is so knowledgeable about the menu without having to ask someone else. I had the truffled risotto cake, the ravioli and salted caramel gelato. I don't generally like brussel sprouts, but they were delicious as a garnish for the risotto cake and the truffle sauce was to die for! The kitchen was very flexible in swapping the sauce for my ravioli. Mom had the tomato soup, the salmon and salted caramel gelato. She loved her meal, but couldn't finish it -- imagine full size portions on a promotion night! I can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerkpwilmlocalDined on 9/19/2014Overall the dinner was really good. Food was delicious but portions seemed small for all courses. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmeXDined on 9/12/2014Our daughter had arranged to have a bottle of champagne sent to our table and the restaurant staff totally missed the order. We were disappointed when we learned later what didn't happen.
- Food excellent, service issuesFinedinerDined on 9/11/2014Cannot say enough how great the food was! Visited during restaurant week and had many choices and all were excellent quality from appetizers to desserts. The problem when we visited was a bit of a wait between courses, the waitress seemed a bit overwhelmed and at the very end, the coffee was completely cold. She said she would brew another, but we waited ten minutes and then some hot coffee which smelled very strongly of cloves and spices were poured in our cups. We had already eaten dessert, so we didn't want to send that back too. Very weird. The waitress did say that they were having computer issues, which may have accounted for some of the waiting between courses. We want to come back another night to give it a fair shake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Chicken with cappolini, the best...gelato was salty but it was graciously, service was attentive but not intrusive. We love Toscana
- Dinner for fiveEllenVIPDined on 9/6/2014We took out of town friends for an early dinner over the weekend. The service was friendly and the food outstanding. We were invited to stay well after our meal was finished, due to a downpour. Our friends raved about the food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, but not greatae55Dined on 9/2/2014Food is consistently good, service is consistently so-so. For example, at dinner the waiter never refilled water glasses the entire time we were there, despite several empty glasses on the table. Took so long to get the check that my group all left while I had to wait to pay. Easy to get a group reservation, so good for work events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantFoodie6Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The food was delicious and the service was great. It's a beautiful restaurant to go to eat well, relax and spend time with friends. The Sunday buffet was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerTracyDined on 8/31/2014Our 1st time trying out the Sunday Dinner Buffet. Overall, it was a nice dinner. The manager Rebeca was very nice and helpful, the service was good and the food were decent. It offers a decent varieties and quality food choices so there is something for everyone...vegetarian, meat/seafood, low carb etc... So glad they offer nice salad and seafood options. There aren't large sections but adequate. Really like the mix green salad and pesto salad, the rest was ok and could be better. The beet salad was good but had so little goat cheese. The cesar and pasta salad was ok. The mac&cheese was quite salty. We were so glad they had at least one fish but unfortunately the salmon was too well done and dry. Dessert were too sweet and canoli were saggySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/21/2014Spinach ravioli was light and flavorful and Juan very attentive.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/17/2014Sunday evening dinner buffet delicious and eating outside makes it the best! Love the beet salad, tomato salad and chicken.Special Features:
- Great SpotMAP1301Dined on 8/13/2014Great Restaurant for many years- Keep up the good work Big Chef Guy and company !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014Oh yes, we venture to other establishments, but we always come back to our favorite. Excellent food,fantastic service, great ambiance. We know what to expect and our expectations have ALWAYS been met and usually exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie Aug 11, 2014FoodieDined on 8/11/2014While the overall dining experience was fine, two of the dishes were a bit below my standards. The tortellini and ravioli fillings were dry and hard to chew. Not the most pleasant mouth feel. The sauces for the pasta dishes were great. I think that either the kitchen was just a bit off from our previous experiences which had been excellent. Service was outstanding, the wine list was good, and the general atmosphere was great. Would return, but not for the pasta!
- Always a great mealSpencerVIPDined on 8/11/2014I could have picked any restaurant to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, but I knew for a guaranteed excellent meal and an awesome atmosphere, Tuscano's was the right choice. Food was incredibly good, melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/6/2014Homemade fettuccini with crab was excellent as was shrimp scampi with polenta...we love eating al fresco! Service friendly and efficient as usual, thank youSpecial Features:
- They could give lessons ...JB22VIPDined on 8/6/2014On how to serve home made fresh pastas and craft pizzas. One of my favorite stops in Wilmington - Dan Butler and his team have the winning formula for great local and independent dining, wonderful service and a terrific location. Be it lunch, drinks with friends at the bar or a great meal with family and friends Piccolina Toscana is a can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday BuffetCluneyDined on 8/3/2014Very delicious salads of many types including fresh cold beets with arugula were the highlight of the Sunday evening summer buffet. Delightful pastas too. Great house Riesling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not worth costOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Food overall just fair. Not worth the price even with a groupon. Plenty of other places with much better food and atmosphere.
- The following 549 reviews are from the Piccolina Toscana reviews archive.
- Dependable but not SpecialHighHopesDined on 7/27/2014Solid wine offerings, attentive service, and dependable levels of food make Piccolina Toscana a good standby. It used to be a special dining event to eat here. Now, there is no excitement, from the food side of things. Hope things can be changed so that this fine place can re-establish it's high standards. It would be a shame for it to continue to be average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidstultzy9Dined on 7/12/2014Good service and good food. Sat outside, was quiet and nice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningbrothersinlawDined on 7/12/2014We redeemed a groupon Saturday evening. We had been to Piccolina Toscana several times before but purchased a groupon to take advantage of the savings. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was our best experience there. Perhaps it was the time-7PM. Food was fabulous. We really like the Small Plate of Mozzarella Fritta and House Salad. The atmosphere was very pleasant and quiet. We even commented to each other about how nice it was to be able to have a conversation and hear each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.