1412 North DuPont Street
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolinatoscana.com/
- Phone: 3026548001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Robbie Jester
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Toscana Catering, through Toscana to Go offers full service off premises catering for weddings, corporate events and office drop-offs. Toscana is the exclusive caterer for the beautiful event facilities at Hagley Museum including the Soda House, Library and Belin House Organic Cafe.
- Entertainment: Bar features include Trolley Square's best happy hour for grown-ups and a happening late night scene.
A word from Piccolina Toscana
Casual, contemporary Italian featuring small plates menu, house-cured salumi, hand-rolled pastas, Sunday brunch, Sunday family dinner, lively pastry bar, dining ‘til midnight, chef’s tasting table, and relaxing lounge. See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CpGngpCO4o&hd=1Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Piccolina Toscana - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Piccolina Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (37)good for groups (27)great for brunch (22)great for outdoor dining (22)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (13)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014Overall the dinner was really good. Food was delicious but portions seemed small for all courses. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MmeXDined on 9/12/2014Our daughter had arranged to have a bottle of champagne sent to our table and the restaurant staff totally missed the order. We were disappointed when we learned later what didn't happen.
- Food excellent, service issuesFinedinerDined on 9/11/2014Cannot say enough how great the food was! Visited during restaurant week and had many choices and all were excellent quality from appetizers to desserts. The problem when we visited was a bit of a wait between courses, the waitress seemed a bit overwhelmed and at the very end, the coffee was completely cold. She said she would brew another, but we waited ten minutes and then some hot coffee which smelled very strongly of cloves and spices were poured in our cups. We had already eaten dessert, so we didn't want to send that back too. Very weird. The waitress did say that they were having computer issues, which may have accounted for some of the waiting between courses. We want to come back another night to give it a fair shake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/6/2014Chicken with cappolini, the best...gelato was salty but it was graciously, service was attentive but not intrusive. We love Toscana
- Dinner for fiveEllenVIPDined on 9/6/2014We took out of town friends for an early dinner over the weekend. The service was friendly and the food outstanding. We were invited to stay well after our meal was finished, due to a downpour. Our friends raved about the food and wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, but not greatae55Dined on 9/2/2014Food is consistently good, service is consistently so-so. For example, at dinner the waiter never refilled water glasses the entire time we were there, despite several empty glasses on the table. Took so long to get the check that my group all left while I had to wait to pay. Easy to get a group reservation, so good for work events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantFoodie6Dined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner. The food was delicious and the service was great. It's a beautiful restaurant to go to eat well, relax and spend time with friends. The Sunday buffet was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerTracyDined on 8/31/2014Our 1st time trying out the Sunday Dinner Buffet. Overall, it was a nice dinner. The manager Rebeca was very nice and helpful, the service was good and the food were decent. It offers a decent varieties and quality food choices so there is something for everyone...vegetarian, meat/seafood, low carb etc... So glad they offer nice salad and seafood options. There aren't large sections but adequate. Really like the mix green salad and pesto salad, the rest was ok and could be better. The beet salad was good but had so little goat cheese. The cesar and pasta salad was ok. The mac&cheese was quite salty. We were so glad they had at least one fish but unfortunately the salmon was too well done and dry. Dessert were too sweet and canoli were saggySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/21/2014Spinach ravioli was light and flavorful and Juan very attentive.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/17/2014Sunday evening dinner buffet delicious and eating outside makes it the best! Love the beet salad, tomato salad and chicken.Special Features:
- Great SpotMAP1301Dined on 8/13/2014Great Restaurant for many years- Keep up the good work Big Chef Guy and company !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/12/2014Oh yes, we venture to other establishments, but we always come back to our favorite. Excellent food,fantastic service, great ambiance. We know what to expect and our expectations have ALWAYS been met and usually exceeded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie Aug 11, 2014FoodieDined on 8/11/2014While the overall dining experience was fine, two of the dishes were a bit below my standards. The tortellini and ravioli fillings were dry and hard to chew. Not the most pleasant mouth feel. The sauces for the pasta dishes were great. I think that either the kitchen was just a bit off from our previous experiences which had been excellent. Service was outstanding, the wine list was good, and the general atmosphere was great. Would return, but not for the pasta!
- Always a great mealSpencerVIPDined on 8/11/2014I could have picked any restaurant to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, but I knew for a guaranteed excellent meal and an awesome atmosphere, Tuscano's was the right choice. Food was incredibly good, melted in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 8/6/2014Homemade fettuccini with crab was excellent as was shrimp scampi with polenta...we love eating al fresco! Service friendly and efficient as usual, thank youSpecial Features:
- They could give lessons ...JB22VIPDined on 8/6/2014On how to serve home made fresh pastas and craft pizzas. One of my favorite stops in Wilmington - Dan Butler and his team have the winning formula for great local and independent dining, wonderful service and a terrific location. Be it lunch, drinks with friends at the bar or a great meal with family and friends Piccolina Toscana is a can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday BuffetCluneyDined on 8/3/2014Very delicious salads of many types including fresh cold beets with arugula were the highlight of the Sunday evening summer buffet. Delightful pastas too. Great house Riesling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not worth costOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Food overall just fair. Not worth the price even with a groupon. Plenty of other places with much better food and atmosphere.
- Dependable but not SpecialHighHopesDined on 7/27/2014Solid wine offerings, attentive service, and dependable levels of food make Piccolina Toscana a good standby. It used to be a special dining event to eat here. Now, there is no excitement, from the food side of things. Hope things can be changed so that this fine place can re-establish it's high standards. It would be a shame for it to continue to be average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidstultzy9Dined on 7/12/2014Good service and good food. Sat outside, was quiet and nice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningbrothersinlawDined on 7/12/2014We redeemed a groupon Saturday evening. We had been to Piccolina Toscana several times before but purchased a groupon to take advantage of the savings. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening. It was our best experience there. Perhaps it was the time-7PM. Food was fabulous. We really like the Small Plate of Mozzarella Fritta and House Salad. The atmosphere was very pleasant and quiet. We even commented to each other about how nice it was to be able to have a conversation and hear each other!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat dinerByobloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our fourth dinner at this restaurant. Service and food every bit as good as the first time Great flavoredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014We love eating outdoors at Toscana, food wine and friends, the best!Special Features:
- Great.noodieDined on 7/3/2014The food and the service were superb. However, your need to have my comments exceed a certain number of characters is dumb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Againberyl1221VIPDined on 6/29/2014We came back here hoping to find service was better than on every one of our previous visits for either brunch or Sunday buffet. Our server was wonderful, but he seemed to be doing it all--refilling the buffet, restacking plates, and serving most of the room. It was crazy. I've never seen anything like it. There were plenty of guys on the line in the open kitchen, so the reason for empty dishes on the buffet table was non existent. Nor replacing plates. And the manager yelled across the room, from one end of the room to the other, at our server. My husband and I were astonished. Nor did the manager come out, check on things, or replace the buffet dishes. Food was not hot when it was brought out meaning it had been sitting waiting.Special Features:
- eh.yomama24Dined on 6/29/2014Needed a better date. And the waiter was to pushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pcje4VIPDined on 6/28/2014We had a wonderful evening at Piccolina Toscana. Food was excellent, especially loved the zucchini blossoms, the pasta dishes and dessert. Our server, Barb, made excellent recommendations on food and wine selections. Had the best table next to kitchen. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Ok food, bad service.foodie522Dined on 6/27/2014We went here after purchasing a Groupon. It took nearly twenty minutes to place our drink order and the service went downhill from there. We were there two hours and most of it was just sitting waiting for things like drinks, desert menu, or the check while the server socialized. The bread that came before the meal had no salt in it (not sure if they just forgot it or this is how they serve it usually). The ricotta appetizer was good, though some of our baguettes were black and burned. Entrees were fine, though mine was cold. Desert was fine. Likely won't be going back. Also, at full price without the Groupon, the menu seemed overpriced for the quality we received.
- Not what we thoughtclarkcoDined on 6/22/2014We booked a reservation based on the website and location and various rankings. We think the rankings were misleading, and somehow we missed the notification that sunday dinner was going to be a cold and luke warm buffet with one person providing table service. We got our food and wine, and the food and wine were not bad, considering. If we had known what we now know, we would not have chosen that restaurant.
- Best Place for Sunday BrunchscoopDined on 6/22/2014The food here is outstanding. It's great being able to order off a menu AND go to the buffet tray. I loved the salmon and the salads. And then there are the desserts.......everything was so good. Our waiter, Joe, was quick, attentive, and had a good sense of humor. Definitely will return to Piccolina Toscana.Special Features:
- Brunch was a disappointmentLuv2eatDined on 6/15/2014Good. We all enjoyed our entrée brunch. I was disappointed in the buffet. Other than the lox and fruit salad, most of the buffet was different types of pasta salads with lots of mayo or oil and even the vegetable salad already had the oil on it. I diet and I look for foods that I can prepare myself. I would prefer to have a plain vegetable salad with dressings on the side. There were no breads on the buffet. How can a true Italian restaurant that makes their own pasta, not have any homemade rolls or breads? Although the entrees were well prepared and tasty, I don't think the buffet warrants its $20 price tag and I'm afraid I cannot recommend it.
- noodieDined on 6/14/2014Superlative in every respect. Though your fifty character requirement is pretty dumb.Special Features:
- One of our very favoritesDinarooDined on 6/14/2014We've been dining here for 30 years. Dan Butler started Toscana as a high end gourmet Italian dining destination. It smartly evolved into Piccolina Toscana with excellent gourmet Italian food with a more casual atmosphere. They offer little plates as well as regular entrees and specials. We live two hours away but take opportunities to stop when we are in the Wilmington area. We have never been disappointed. Great wine list with several quality wines by the glass. Delicious food with freshly made pasta. We especially love the Caesar salad, mortadella tortelloni and the braised short-rib ravioli. They also offer a yummy beet and spinach salad. They also offer catering and a to-go shop adjacent to the restaurant. Same quality food.Special Features:
- okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014I have come here before and the food was amazing but apparently the menu change this time around and myself and my guest did not enjoy any of our dishes. The texture the flavor wasnt really up to par from what it was before. Not sure if it was a different cook or what.
- Many special deals!LlamaDined on 6/10/2014Enjoyed lunch. Food, service, setting very nice. Pricy for small portions. Melanzane was way too salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2014I really enjoyed eating at Piccolina Toscana. The dining room was decorated very nicely and the food was great. It was surprisingly loud, though, especially since there were not too many people there at the time. But, I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Felt like a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2014I've been in the business a long time and know how service sometimes suffers on off nights. Found this to be true for our visit. Sunday night, slow night, not a lot of tables, one server gets them all, and then she can't keep up. She was as nice as could be, but had too much on her plate. Good management should have seen that and helped to insure the best possible service to all diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Try But Not Good EnoughPhillyByChoiceDined on 6/8/2014We had high hopes for a nice dinner in Wilmington en-route from DC to Philly. But we found the kitchen salad, short rib ravioli and seafood pasta all too rich. The staff, genuinely friendly, was too much in evidence - our conversation was interrupted too often. While the room itself is nice, any description of this restaurant must include that it is situated in a rather unsightly shopping center with a view of the parking lot. You should also know that this place is expensice: we shared a salad, each had a pasta entree, no dessert, two glasses of wine each. With tip, the cost was nearly $120 - way too much for disappointing food, service and location.
- Better than the Four SeasonsLaBelleVieDined on 6/8/2014Brunch costs less than a third of what The Lounge charges, but Toscana offers a more enjoyable experience, despite the Four Season's reputation. It was busy, but the staff was personable and professional. We dined al fresco, which was lovely, because the weather was ideal. The French Toast and Steak & Eggs were perfectly done, and the buffet offered a wide range of tasty pasta, salad, seafood, cheese, fruit, and dessert. It was refreshing to dine at a restaurant that focuses on quality, rather than offering quantity at inflated prices. The ultimate green restaurant - nothing is wasted - serving sizes are reasonable, and everything tastes too good not to finish! What a blessing to have such a top-notch restaurant right in Wilmington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHappypatron55Dined on 6/7/2014As a local patron, it's very comforting that we have a good place to dine. Always consistent. Nice go to place. Fun down to earth servers and that's important in today's world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.