18302 Sierra Hwy
Canyon Country, CA 91351Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolatrattoria.com/
- Phone: 6612996952
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday and Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sundays only
- Private Party Contact: Carmelo Terranova 661-299-6952
A word from Piccola Trattoria
Piccola Trattoria offers delicious Italian and Sicilian cuisine in an intimate, warm and inviting atmosphere. The menu carries a variety of authentic Italian style dishes, ranging from fresh seafood and game, to homemade pasta recipes, and homemade pizzas. Join us in a memorable evening of great food, wonderful wine, and warm and knowledgeable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Piccola Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Piccola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (24)notable wine list (20)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The food and service was amazing. Going back again this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent QualityMugsterDined on 9/13/2014Again, one of our favs for great eats, friendly waiters and yummy specials. Mom loves the lasagna. I go for specials ! Great seafood pasta amongst othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the air conditionerCanyonCountry123Dined on 9/7/2014The food was great, the service excellent. But as soon as we were seated, we could feel the cold air of the air conditioner right on us. We did not ask to change tables (there weren't too many available as the restaurant was almost full, as usual). Perhaps the restaurant could look into one of those clear plastic things that attach over a vent to deflect the air so it doesn't come directly on someone. Let me re-emphasize how Great the food and service was. It is certainly one of the finer restaurants in Santa Clarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlover44Dined on 9/6/2014Been back 3 times and each time friends and family loved the food. Service is excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, good service. Can be a bit noisy inside when it's busy.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantAmbianceVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was really impressed with the food taste and quality as well as the service.Special Features:
- NoisyLilyinDined on 8/10/2014The noise level in this restaurant was LOUD!!!! We couldn't even hear each other speak. Finally, a large party left, and it was better, but still extremely loud.Special Features:
- Excellent AGAINsomethingfishyDined on 8/9/2014Newly remodeled / enhanced, this Santa Clarita Valley Restaurant continues to build on its success! The atmosphere is like any you'd find in the Westside, Ventura Blvd, Santa Monica or Pasadena. Food is all homemade from appetizers to desserts. Good wine selections from Italy and California. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!!FlyingDutchman43Dined on 8/9/2014I can't even think of the words to describe just how great our experience was. An extensive wine list that could please any palate. Excellent service from ALL (waitress, water-pourer, bussers, runners, everyone!). The food was to-die-for. The homemade pumpkin tortelloni melted in the mouth. And the cannoli? The perfect ending.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!MaryRDined on 8/8/2014We ve been here a few times & have always had a great experience. Had waiter, Luca, again - so incredibly professional, alert to our needs. We were in no rush, so he let us sit & enjoy our appetizers & wine without pushing us to order. Food has been great each time we've been - try the pizza appetizer, & fresh mozzarella! Every pasta & seafood dish we've had has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to dineSkipDined on 8/7/2014The food here is outstanding, The service could have been better we waiting way too long to get our bill and once it came it took forever for the waiter to pick it up. That's my only complaintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedluv4foodDined on 8/2/2014Well, I wanted to like this place, as it's close to home and was recommended by others.The noise level was very high, the tables very close to each other, and the wall I was looking at was only covered with wall board with holes stuffed with paper in them. No pictures, barely painted, very ugly. My ten dollar spinach salad was decent, but lacked dressing, the focaccia was dry and bland. The twenty four dollar Osco Bucco I ordered was horrible,so salty I could not even eat it. I don't think I have ever sent food back in my life, but I had to, it was so salty. I was embarrassed, and had to wait fifteen minutes for some pasta to replace it. So there you have it. I do have to say, the staff was very nice, but I will not be going back again.
- EXCELLENTcheyenne18Dined on 7/28/2014I WENT BY THE REVIEWS I READ ONLINE. WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE. REAL ITALIAN FOOD. WAITER WAS TERRIFIC. MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE HERE IN SANTA CLARITA!Special Features:
- Favorite local Italian restaurantMinnieDined on 7/25/2014Our go to place for a special occasion or with guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good (slipping a little)Bolomk34VIPDined on 7/23/2014I've had the pleasure of eating here MANY times and I can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal here. The service has always been outstanding and the food has always been flavorful. This most recently dining experience (7/23/2014)...well... OK, there is some fairly extensive remodeling going on. That's not a problem. What does bother me is the prices for the food vs the amount of food. My gf and I ordered some of the "daily special" ravioli and...well at the equivalent of $2.00 per...? No...I'll think twice before I go back.Special Features:
- excellent in everythingPatritziaDined on 7/19/2014True Italian food, prepared by a very fine chef, Piccola Trattoria is superb in all ways. The wine was excellent and not too expensive. The service was very good. We think this is one of the best restaurants in the Santa Clarita Valley.Special Features:
- Best Italian in SCVOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Authentic Italian food at a great price. The ambiance is fun and open -- we were able to chat with couples at the two adjacent tables to discuss wine pairings and dessert recommendations. Service was above average. The seafood was fresh and delicious, sauces were bold and flavorful and pasta was the best in town. Wine list was impressive for such a small venue. Although remote, the quality of food is worth the trip.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningFoodluvrDined on 7/19/2014The starter bruschetta was great as always. The server was very attentive. All four meals were very good. Have never had a bad dish at this restaurant. The Amarone wine was very good. This was our guests first visit and they were very impressed!Special Features:
- Not an ordinary Italian RestaurantNellyDined on 7/12/2014You've got to try this restaurant. A little pricey but the menu is full of wonderful variety. Went there for a special occasion. Recommend making a reservation if you plan to go at prime dinner time.Special Features:
- Piccola is a family favoriteJJfamilyfavoriteDined on 7/6/2014My family, friends and I always enjoy dining at Piccola Trattoria. It's a neighborhood gem. One of the very few excellent restaurants in Santa Clarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NetzieDined on 7/2/2014Love the food, the ambiance, the staff and the Montelpuciano wine (not too many places serve it). I didn't think I'd find one that's comparable to my fave Italian restaurant in Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!hateItaliantillnowDined on 7/1/2014Had s fabulous dinner in May at a Tuscan Restaurant in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York. Imagine my delight at discovering this very fine Italian restaurant in our own backyard and ordering the same wonderful dishes that I so enjoyed last month. I am not an Italian food fan (except for pizza) so, "wow", what a treasure we have discovered. I guess I do like Italian if it is made the "Picolla Trattoria way. The four of us were all so very pleased with our food and with our very friendly and attentive waiter and busboy crew. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceBeaches2014Dined on 7/1/2014We truly enjoyed the server, the service, the food and the value. The only issue was the background music. It didn't lend to the overall experience for us. Not a big deal, but a detail for consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014Always eat here when I visit L.A. area. Always excellent Specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Have been here a few times and the service is usually exceptional although this past time was not the greatest. Food is always great,very authenticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccola TrattoriaRSM45Dined on 6/22/2014If you like white table cloths, impeccable service, excellent food in pleasant surroundings, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for fancy presentation of your food, this is not the place for you. The focus here is on the quality of the food. I hate to use the word "home-style" because my home does not have this level of service. Piccola reminds me of the fancy restaurants of my youth where the food was tasty and servers were very attentive. And the desserts are divine: definitely do not skip these. Don't let the Canyon Country locations on Sierra Highway scare you off. If you are not in the neighborhood, Piccola is definitely worth the drive. I you are a neighbor, make sure you visit this jewel in your backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and serviceK9LOVERVIPDined on 6/21/2014Every time we dine here the service is outstanding ( on par with 4-5 star restaurants) The food is consistently delicious and fresh. The prices are fair. They always seem to come up with some unique outstanding desert. this time it was a pistachio dessert. A thin outer layer of pistachio covered dough with a creamy delicious pistachio molten center. YUM! These folks know how to cook and run a restaurant!Special Features:
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Took my daughter here for her last night in town before she headed back to Kansas for college. It's a bit on the small side, but the outdoor patio area is quite nice and makes up for the smaller inside area. The staff was very friendly and attentive, and the food was some of the best Italian cuisine I've found in the Santa Clarita area. Even my daughter commented how delicious the food was. I'll definitely return!Special Features:
- A Nice Dining ExperienceTheDudeDined on 6/2/2014All four people in our party enjoyed their meals immensely. Some ordered off the regular menu and some ordered the specials and all were happy. Plus they have a nice wine list with some very reasonable prices. Top it off with a delicious dessert and it was the perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodmanjiamanjiaDined on 6/1/2014If your looking for great Italian food for a reasonable price, with extremely polite staff, and great ambiance in Canyon Country then this is the place to be...Special Features:
- Always greatForLoveOfMomDined on 5/28/2014We have been going to Picolla's since they opened 9+ years ago. It was very good then and excellent now! They have grown up to be a fine dining restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST IN CANYON COUNTRYJOEROB35Dined on 5/22/2014The best restaurant in Canyon Country hands down- Angie and her family have invested their heat and soul into this restaurant and it shows in the great food and service.Special Features:
- The following 391 reviews are from the Piccola Trattoria reviews archive.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/17/2014Food and service were superb! it's nice to go to an establishment where all the waitstaff and hostesses look happy to be there. Care is taken to present plates which taste as good as they look. We had pasta, salad, and shared the lemon creme fraiche.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014We were there for a belated Mother's Day dinner. My mother and father loved it and can't wait to get back. The good was amazing. And the service was great as well. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!helispotDined on 5/11/2014I went looking for a Mothers Day dining spot and I turned to OpenTable to offer up suggestions. Piccola Trattoria came up, and after seeing all of the positive feedback, I booked the table. We were not disappointed! The food was great, the waitress was super friendly and helpful with suggestions, and the outdoor covered patio added the extra value that made it a memorable visit.Special Features:
- Great placepastaloverDined on 5/10/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated right away. The service here is outstanding, the wait staff takes care of all your needs and the bus boys do not waste a second keeping the tables clean. The food is excellent and served hot. Will return.Special Features:
- neigborhood faveccwomanDined on 4/27/2014This is our absolute favorite restaurant in Santa Clarita Valley for "showing off" to out of town visitors as well as for special personal occasions. The service is always friendly and welcoming, and the food is always delicious and recalls the wonderful eating (and drinking) experiences we have had during our travels in Italy. The experience makes any occasion specialSpecial Features:
- SuperbAdamDined on 4/11/2014Delicious meals, scrumptious desserts, and service that can't be beat anywhere in Santa Clarita. Authentic Italian food found here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night OutJamiegetsDined on 4/5/2014The menu had many options. The wine list a plenty. The staff was very attentive and brought out a little plate of bruschetta and some focaccia bread for dipping in oil and balsamic. They even brought out garlic and grated cheese for our bread experience.Two of us picked entrees from the specials. One from the main menu and one created simply out of vegetables they had available. They were extremely accomadating and made substitutions. Our entrees took a bit to come out but when they did it was amazing. Portion were a bit small.We finished with the chocolate dessert and the apple dessert. Neither dessert knocked our socks off. The chocolate one was ok. The apple one was blah. Apples were like applesauce and flavorless. The Canolli was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningItaliansDined on 3/29/2014My girlfriend and I decided to have a more formal night out. She wanted to get a little dressed up so we chose this place. We had a great time. Very quiet, great service and even better food. The staff was extremely friendly. I would highly recommend this place for a romantic night out.Special Features: