18302 Sierra Hwy
Canyon Country, CA 91351Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolatrattoria.com/
- Phone: (661) 299-6952
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday and Sundays: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Sundays only
- Private Party Contact: Carmelo Terranova 661-299-6952
A word from Piccola Trattoria
Piccola Trattoria offers delicious Italian and Sicilian cuisine in an intimate, warm and inviting atmosphere. The menu carries a variety of authentic Italian style dishes, ranging from fresh seafood and game, to homemade pasta recipes, and homemade pizzas. Join us in a memorable evening of great food, wonderful wine, and warm and knowledgeable service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Piccola Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Valencia ›
Piccola Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (47)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (30)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (22)notable wine list (22)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Not goodSomebodyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Extremely, extremely disappointed in the food, esp considering its ratings on yelp and opentable. Great ambiance and service however.
- Hidden GemMcNamara1Dined on 11/6/2014This restaurant has been my very favorite for the past several years. The food is exquisite and the service impeccable! Whenever there is a special occasion to celebrate, we go here. It's nice that they offer the Restaurant Row coupon as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. A real treat.GepettoDined on 11/5/2014I wish I could be there every night. But then my wife would think I didn't like her cooking. Maybe every other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favwendiDined on 11/2/2014Always a fav and always the best. One of our favs and we will continue to go as it always just gets better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteTomTDined on 10/28/2014Piccola Trattoria. The name itself prepares you for an Italian outing. It never disappoints. All the amenities for delightful time are present and a enjoyable time is assured. We have been there for birthday celebrations, anniversaries, and "just because" times. It is the treasure of the Santa Clarita Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!KenHDined on 10/26/2014This was our 3rd visit here, and have not been disappointed! The menu is varied, the specials are delectable, and the service was excellent. Our waiter is from Silcily, how much more Italian can you get than that? The food was excellent, the pizza as an appetizer was scrumptious, the salad was also fresh. I had the lamb chops and they were amazing! Others in our party had the ahi tuna, and the halibut, all of which were wonderful. If you have room for dessert, try the tiramisu, and the apple pie, we could barely finish them, we were so stuffed. What is nice about this place is the help makes you feel like a welcomed guest in their home, not just another diner willing to shell out your hard earned cash. A terrific dining experience!Special Features:
- Almost perfectNotasandwichshopDined on 10/25/2014This restaurant was near perfect in everything. Good food, the waiter did everything right, etc. The main thing that ruined it was the parking. There was only valet parking when I got there. Not ideal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I found!!!!Alwayslooking4GrtFoodDined on 10/24/2014And not far from me at all . I moved here a year and half ago and been venturing into West Hollywood for fine dining... What? I found this place last Friday after being frustrated with having to travel the aweful traffic and I could not believe my excitement when I Read the reviews still was afraid when I saw the location ( most places in this area are run down) but this was a dream -fab I say!!!! The pumpkin filled pasta was to die for! Bringing all my out of state visitors here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon friendlysomethingfishyDined on 10/21/2014Had to try their farfalle but didn't want the smoked salmon on the menu selection. Instead, they substituted the Salmon Filet on top of a bed of farfalle and WOW, delicious!! Their special heirloom / mozarella salad was so rich with flavor and freshness.Special Features:
- Piccollapic1Dined on 10/18/2014The food was good, but we thought it was very expensive. It was also very loud, my husband and I were tucked in a corner and could still hardly hear each other. Not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Very good food and ambiance.bd2014Dined on 10/12/2014This is a great restaurant. My family and I have visited this place on numerous occasions (BD, Anniversary, and very special occasions.) It's a little bit pricey for dinner, but well worth it. I do have lunch there almost every other week. The sandwiches and salads are great, and very reasonable. The desserts are to die for. So if you are looking for great food, ambiance, and friendly service don't hesitate to visit this place. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatwendiDined on 10/11/2014always great ….always 100%. great service and nice atmosphere. we love going here.Special Features:
- Wonderful local findDrecksterVIPDined on 10/5/2014Nice place with good food, good location, good service, nice ambience - a winner, well worth returning toSpecial Features:
- Great Italian RestuarantLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/5/2014Tried this place for the 1st time. I had a gift card from 3 years ago. I regret I didn't use it sooner!!!! I definitely will be going back soon and telling everyone I know about this place! The Lasagna was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nine years getting better & better!somethingfishyDined on 10/2/2014Piccola does not waiver from making certain the quality of food and service stays consistently high. Had their grilled fresh Salmon special with an Alegra Salad (one of their designs) and it was served perfectly. Truly a hidden gem that continues to be discovered by guests far and wide!Special Features:
- Authentic and Delicious!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014I was pleasantly surprised to have experienced such an authentic Italian trattoria in Canyon Country off the beaten path -- a true hidden gem in the Santa Clarita Valley. The food was superbe, the service was impeccable and the ambience was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemxtinaand5Dined on 9/25/2014Amazing Authentic Italian restaurant in a strange part of town. Definitely one of the best restaurants in all of Valencia. Highly recommend if you enjoy finer dining. One of the few places you can get dressed up and have a nice classy meal, great wine, and excellent service without having to drive to Sherman Oaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/16/2014The food and service was amazing. Going back again this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistent QualityMugsterDined on 9/13/2014Again, one of our favs for great eats, friendly waiters and yummy specials. Mom loves the lasagna. I go for specials ! Great seafood pasta amongst othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under the air conditionerCanyonCountry123Dined on 9/7/2014The food was great, the service excellent. But as soon as we were seated, we could feel the cold air of the air conditioner right on us. We did not ask to change tables (there weren't too many available as the restaurant was almost full, as usual). Perhaps the restaurant could look into one of those clear plastic things that attach over a vent to deflect the air so it doesn't come directly on someone. Let me re-emphasize how Great the food and service was. It is certainly one of the finer restaurants in Santa Clarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodlover44Dined on 9/6/2014Been back 3 times and each time friends and family loved the food. Service is excellent. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Great food, good service. Can be a bit noisy inside when it's busy.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantAmbianceVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was really impressed with the food taste and quality as well as the service.Special Features:
- NoisyLilyinDined on 8/10/2014The noise level in this restaurant was LOUD!!!! We couldn't even hear each other speak. Finally, a large party left, and it was better, but still extremely loud.Special Features:
- Excellent AGAINsomethingfishyDined on 8/9/2014Newly remodeled / enhanced, this Santa Clarita Valley Restaurant continues to build on its success! The atmosphere is like any you'd find in the Westside, Ventura Blvd, Santa Monica or Pasadena. Food is all homemade from appetizers to desserts. Good wine selections from Italy and California. Service was exceptional.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!!FlyingDutchman43Dined on 8/9/2014I can't even think of the words to describe just how great our experience was. An extensive wine list that could please any palate. Excellent service from ALL (waitress, water-pourer, bussers, runners, everyone!). The food was to-die-for. The homemade pumpkin tortelloni melted in the mouth. And the cannoli? The perfect ending.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!MaryRDined on 8/8/2014We ve been here a few times & have always had a great experience. Had waiter, Luca, again - so incredibly professional, alert to our needs. We were in no rush, so he let us sit & enjoy our appetizers & wine without pushing us to order. Food has been great each time we've been - try the pizza appetizer, & fresh mozzarella! Every pasta & seafood dish we've had has been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to dineSkipDined on 8/7/2014The food here is outstanding, The service could have been better we waiting way too long to get our bill and once it came it took forever for the waiter to pick it up. That's my only complaintSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedluv4foodDined on 8/2/2014Well, I wanted to like this place, as it's close to home and was recommended by others.The noise level was very high, the tables very close to each other, and the wall I was looking at was only covered with wall board with holes stuffed with paper in them. No pictures, barely painted, very ugly. My ten dollar spinach salad was decent, but lacked dressing, the focaccia was dry and bland. The twenty four dollar Osco Bucco I ordered was horrible,so salty I could not even eat it. I don't think I have ever sent food back in my life, but I had to, it was so salty. I was embarrassed, and had to wait fifteen minutes for some pasta to replace it. So there you have it. I do have to say, the staff was very nice, but I will not be going back again.
- The following 411 reviews are from the Piccola Trattoria reviews archive.
- EXCELLENTcheyenne18Dined on 7/28/2014I WENT BY THE REVIEWS I READ ONLINE. WHAT A GREAT SURPRISE. REAL ITALIAN FOOD. WAITER WAS TERRIFIC. MY NEW FAVORITE PLACE HERE IN SANTA CLARITA!Special Features:
- Favorite local Italian restaurantMinnieDined on 7/25/2014Our go to place for a special occasion or with guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good (slipping a little)Bolomk34VIPDined on 7/23/2014I've had the pleasure of eating here MANY times and I can honestly say that I've never had a bad meal here. The service has always been outstanding and the food has always been flavorful. This most recently dining experience (7/23/2014)...well... OK, there is some fairly extensive remodeling going on. That's not a problem. What does bother me is the prices for the food vs the amount of food. My gf and I ordered some of the "daily special" ravioli and...well at the equivalent of $2.00 per...? No...I'll think twice before I go back.Special Features:
- excellent in everythingPatritziaDined on 7/19/2014True Italian food, prepared by a very fine chef, Piccola Trattoria is superb in all ways. The wine was excellent and not too expensive. The service was very good. We think this is one of the best restaurants in the Santa Clarita Valley.Special Features:
- Best Italian in SCVOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Authentic Italian food at a great price. The ambiance is fun and open -- we were able to chat with couples at the two adjacent tables to discuss wine pairings and dessert recommendations. Service was above average. The seafood was fresh and delicious, sauces were bold and flavorful and pasta was the best in town. Wine list was impressive for such a small venue. Although remote, the quality of food is worth the trip.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningFoodluvrDined on 7/19/2014The starter bruschetta was great as always. The server was very attentive. All four meals were very good. Have never had a bad dish at this restaurant. The Amarone wine was very good. This was our guests first visit and they were very impressed!Special Features:
- Not an ordinary Italian RestaurantNellyDined on 7/12/2014You've got to try this restaurant. A little pricey but the menu is full of wonderful variety. Went there for a special occasion. Recommend making a reservation if you plan to go at prime dinner time.Special Features:
- Piccola is a family favoriteJJfamilyfavoriteDined on 7/6/2014My family, friends and I always enjoy dining at Piccola Trattoria. It's a neighborhood gem. One of the very few excellent restaurants in Santa Clarita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NetzieDined on 7/2/2014Love the food, the ambiance, the staff and the Montelpuciano wine (not too many places serve it). I didn't think I'd find one that's comparable to my fave Italian restaurant in Pasadena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!hateItaliantillnowDined on 7/1/2014Had s fabulous dinner in May at a Tuscan Restaurant in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York. Imagine my delight at discovering this very fine Italian restaurant in our own backyard and ordering the same wonderful dishes that I so enjoyed last month. I am not an Italian food fan (except for pizza) so, "wow", what a treasure we have discovered. I guess I do like Italian if it is made the "Picolla Trattoria way. The four of us were all so very pleased with our food and with our very friendly and attentive waiter and busboy crew. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceBeaches2014Dined on 7/1/2014We truly enjoyed the server, the service, the food and the value. The only issue was the background music. It didn't lend to the overall experience for us. Not a big deal, but a detail for consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.