235 East 4th St
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolapositano.com/
- Phone: 2129334669
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Celentano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Piccola Positano
Piccola Positano is located in the East Village. We serve Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccola Positano reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Food, Service-ChallengedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013We had a group of six adults and two kids and went early on a Saturday evening. We ordered for the kids first and their food came relatively quickly, but we adults waited a good hour for our food after it was ordered -- even though the restaurant didn't appear overly crowded. That said, the food was great and exceeded expectations. We were just not impressed with the service and it appears the restaurant goes with a minimal staff that is overstretched.
- Like the place a lot andCaroVIPDined on 2/16/2013Like the place a lot and the service was very good but my pasta was WAY overcooked. I was not a fan of that. They should work on that a bit because it's a large pleasant space.
- most disappointing meal ever in NewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013the most disappointing food experience we have ever had in new York. Service sloppy beyond measure- eg soup spilled by waiter into water glass and left, wine was corked and waiter refused to taste as he had " gum" Jean Georges should not be putting his name ot this establishment, it seriously conpromises his brand
- Good food, good wine, pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/2/2013Good food, good wine, pleasant surroundings, attendtive service. What more could you ask?Special Features:
- Very charming, date nightjamieDined on 1/19/2013Very charming, date night spot! Excellent wine list and lots of pizza choices. Not a lot of entree options other than pizza and lasagna, so definitely go for the pizza! I had the Rucola and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great pizzas and pasta. AOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2013Great pizzas and pasta. A winner. Will definitely return.
- Good menu offering both pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Good menu offering both pizza and pasta. Excellent service. Will definitely return when back in New YorkSpecial Features:
- Try the Linguini with Vongole......Rayjc421Dined on 12/16/2012Great meal at a great price!!!! The service was excellent. We had the linguini with vongole....the best this side of the Atlantic.Special Features:
- I've been here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/26/2012I've been here a few times now and I really loved it. But last night, my family and I held a small bridal shower there and it really solidified my love of Piccola Positano! They accommodated us on very short notice. They set up a prix-fixe menu for us that had great variety. The service was so attentive and pleasant, but not intrusive. And the food is soooo delicious! The portions are just-right and all the dishes were fresh, yummy and prepared with care. I'm so glad to have it in my neighborhood!
- much better food than we expected..carolynVIPDined on 10/19/2012much better food than we expected..would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good food, but plan to wait for itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012Bottom line - food was very good , fresh and delicious . But service was painfully slow . We were A table of 6 on a Sat night at 7 and there was only a few other filled tables in the place but for some reason it took forever to get our drink order , then forever for the drinks to arrive and then forever for our waiter to take our order .. Etc... It was ridiculously slow. Atmosphere was nice - and the pastas, pizzas and salads we ordered were creative and tasty --- but this place has to work on its service . Perhaps that's why it wasn't packed on a Sat night at 7?
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012I would return for the food, it was incredible. They accomodated our group of 11, of which 6 were younger kids! The staff was patient and pleasant, which our group needed with the kids after a day of sight-seeing. Its a great place for couples and smaller groups to enjoy great food and drinks. I enjoyed that it was off the busy streets and settled in the East Village. Very nice ambience.Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012This is a neighborhood gem suggested by friends who live in the area. The salads are unique, with very fresh ingredients. I really enjoyed the beet salad as well as the pear Gorgonzola salad. The pizza is excellent and they will adapt to taking off an ingredient if it does not agree with you. Since children were with us we went early and cannot rate the bar scene. Overall Piccola Positano is a great homey place to enjoy pizza and salad.Special Features:
- Friendly and helpful staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Friendly and helpful staff. Maybe ever so slightly slow but there was a big group of us and it was Saturday night so no matter. Excellent salads, pizzas and appetizers. Good and affordable wine. I say go for it!
- Piccola Positano was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2012Piccola Positano was great! Each course we had was delicious. We started with two different salads, highly recommend the Icaro salad with the fried egg on top! The gnocchi with meatballs was very tasty, reminding me of Italy. Tartufo gelato dessert was refreshing and perfect to share. Our waiter was very attentive and we had great service. Would definitely return!!Special Features:
- Great little Italian placekubertDined on 8/21/2012Great little Italian place in the East Village. Tasty food and the service and ambiance were lovely.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012I went here with my mom and my step dad. We had a great time and the food was great. The service was great. The servers were very attentive! I would recommend this place.Special Features:
- Don't miss Piccola Positano!RobinVIPDined on 8/11/2012Ten of us were in NYC for FringeNYC, and wanted a nice restaurant for an early dinner before the show. I found Piccola Positano on Open Table, and liked the look of the menu. Most of us ordered different things, and we all had raves about what we were served. I had a beet salad that was great, and a shrimp/broccoli rabe main course that was equally great. We left the restaurant as a very happy group!Special Features:
- Loved this restaurant. QuietarfalconDined on 8/4/2012Loved this restaurant. Quiet and unassuming, the good was excellent and the ambiance was perfect. We booked a table for ten, and it was ready when we arrived. The waiter was helpful and pleasant, and the price was very reasonable. My favorite was the amazing grilled zucchini appetizer.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012We were visiting NYC from out of town, on a strict budget, and had found this restaurant by searching on the Internet. And, we're glad we did. In comparison with other restaurants in NYC, this one is very reasonably priced and the food was really wonderful and creatively presented. The service was friendly and attentive, and we didn't feel rushed. The only thing that bothered me and my fellow diners was the background music. Not a fan of Top 40, I'm afraid...and it was a bit too loud.Special Features:
- The food & service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012The food & service were very good. We went with friends and were able to have a conversation and hear each other. The staff was solicitous and checked to see that we were satisfied. I would have liked to have a larger menu selection though.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012Please take away the tv. It is a good resturant the tv is just so "sports bar"Special Features:
- A Truly Fortunate FindDPomVIPDined on 6/7/2012Piccola Positano is a special find even in this neighborhood with great restaurants. The owner and staff are welcoming, the food is wonderful, and, as an added bonus that should not at all be taken to detract from how great this place is, the prices are reasonable. We've already been back and will no doubt be frequent customers.Special Features:
- I was really impressed withAussieinny22VIPDined on 5/19/2012I was really impressed with the quality and variety of the food. Rather than just the routine Italian dishes, the menu was innovative and the food incredibly fresh. I was with a group of 5 and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Everyone plans to go back! Very reasonable prices were another plus!Special Features:
- Great Choice in the East VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2012This is a delightful place. It is very pleasant, the service is very nice and the food is delicious. It is not too crowded and the vibe is a nice combination of East Village and a bit upscale.Special Features:
- Great service, food and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012The Calamari was fantastic. The pasta dishes were great. The host, may have been manager or owner, was very pleasant,attentive and a joy to have around. Made sure everything was too our liking. Extremely affordable for the quality of food we received. Will definitely be recommending it to friends and will be back here again.Special Features:
- E. Village vibe w. excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2012The atmousphere is East Village and comfortable with excellent service and food. It was neither too trendy nor boring. It heated up a bit as the night went on but never got too loud for conversation. All the food was excellent and perfectly priced.Special Features:
- Excellent food and great service,tad1232000VIPDined on 3/31/2012Excellent food and great service, will definitely be back!Special Features:
- This place is absolutely great!ArmineVIPDined on 3/17/2012This place is absolutely great! The food was absolutely wonderful and very well priced. The only issue was that the restaurant was almost empty except for us and another table. It just opened a few months ago, so perhaps the word is not yet out that they have EXCELLENT food, very friendly staff, great service, and a wonderful space. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- thoroughly enjoyed our nightTTConDined on 3/3/2012thoroughly enjoyed our night out. the server had a nice recommendation on our wine.Special Features:
- Room for ImprovementOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/24/2012This restaurant opened only a few months ago, and it shows. The pizza dough is actually quite good; however, the execution of the pizzas was quite bad. One pizza we had to send back as it was inedible. The staff was very friendly, they even comped some deserts. Hopefully as this restaurant ages, the food will improve but for now, I would not recommend it.
- VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING. WEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING. WE CELEBRATED OUR DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY WITH HER HUSBAND AND 3 CHILDREN. MY FUSSY GRANDCHILDREN THROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING, FROM APPITIZERS, PIZZA, GNOCCHI, RISOTTO AND MARVELOUS DESSERTS. EACH SELECTION BETTER THAN THE OTHER. HARD TO CHOOSE WHAT WAS THE MOST DELICIOUS..(P.S. WE ARE A FAMILY OF FOOD SNOBS AND THIS EXPERIENCE ASE EXCELLENT!!Special Features:
- Very good east village ItalianWillajaneVIPDined on 1/29/2012Very good east village Italian with a wide choice of dishes. Pizza is excellent , as are salads, mussels, pastas and seafood Also very reasonably pricedSpecial Features: