Piccola Cucina Osteria - Spring St.
196 Spring St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piccola Cucina Osteria - Spring St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolacucinagroup.com/new-york-city-spring-street
- Phone: 6464787488
- Hours of Operation:
11.30 AM to 11.30PM
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Piccola Cucina Osteria - Spring St.
Piccola Cucina Spring Street was the second US restaurant for Piccola Cucina and opened in Januray 2013 in the heart of Soho. Friendly service with a buzzy atmosphere, all in a typical Italian restaurant setting. It is matched by home cooking like you would expect to eat in Italy which is one of the keys to the success of the restaurant. Great care is taken by the chef in choosing the freshest ingredients according to season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccola Cucina Osteria - Spring St. reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (30)great for lunch (19)romantic (15)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (11)special occasion (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- It's cute, but I will look aroundSylCatDined on 9/24/2014For me, this restaurant is cute, but it's too small for an intimate dining scenario....we ate outside to be able to hear each other. The service is friendly but not fluent in English. The food is acceptable although my pasta was too salty for me (shrimp in spaghetti with pesto sauce). Red wine menu could be upgraded. It's okay, but I'll continue to look around SoHo for a place with a little more room and better seasoning for my personal pallet.Special Features:
- Easy reservationscarmenreyVIPDined on 9/19/2014I like that this is a crowded place in SoHo, yet I've found it fairly easy to get reservations here. Fun atmosphere being such a small place, and most waiters are Italian, which helps with the authenticity.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotJaxbchDined on 9/19/2014In NY looking for a great neighborhood Italian restaurant and found them. Most diners were Italian themselves and seemed to know the owner. Knew I was in the right spot. Wonderful meal, atmosphere and service. Will return on my next trip to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!GregVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nothing short of amazing. Cute little place with spectacular food. Fresh and delicious. Everyone in my party of ten ate every drop from their plates. Place seats about 20/25 ppl. Cozy and nice. 5* for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyBugDined on 9/7/2014Food was well prepared and presented. Outstanding quality! Service was friendly, pleasant, and very sweet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded and uncomfortableSohoGDined on 9/6/2014The food was good, but hard to enjoy when everyone is pushing and elbowing each other (not on purpose, but because the space is literally that small). The service was mediocre, not anything to rave to friends about.Special Features:
- simply sensationaljoeyVIPDined on 8/23/2014best italian food I have eaten in NYC. the grilled octopus sensational, the fusilli was extraordinary with langostini and burata and sweet tomatoes, the pasta with seppia nera was to die for, the cannolli was great, the pineapple crudo with ice cream, hmm, hmm good!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentDuckDinerstyVIPDined on 8/20/2014One of my few favorite places to go when in this area of the city, with their sister store around the corner on Prince St providing just as wonderful an experience each time as well. I have tried several different items over time, and yet to taste anything I don't enjoy. You should simply go... just don't take my table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piccola Cucina OsteriapapersDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed the ambience as well as the excellent dishes coming from the small kitchen. The wine selection was variety and quite good. The wait staff was top shelf. We will be dining again at this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just outstanding!JoeSVIPDined on 8/17/2014Really, really excellent food at reasonable prices for what you get. Everything is made to order and just outstanding. Piccola Cucina is an absolute must if you're in the neighborhood. Don't miss trying this place. Nothing disappoints.Special Features:
- FantasticItalianfoodieDined on 8/10/2014The food was out of this world! Literally - I am a first generation Italian and my mom made everything homemade - I felt like I was eating my mom's amazing food... I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/9/2014I thought it was hard to find bad Italian food in New York, but we managed. It started out promising enough. Nice sidewalk ambiance, bread and a very good appetizer of grilled squid on guacamole. It was downhill from there. Indifferent service and pasta dishes with sauces that were lackluster to bad, especially a sauce I usually love of pine nuts, raisins and sardines that was all sardines and almost inedible. Go elsewhere.
- Perfect All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014Took my family who was visiting from MA, and we enjoyed every minute. They said this meal and service compared to some of their best during their trips to Italy. Service was perfectly attentive, great recommendations, amazing food (especially for the price) and a favorite blended wine. Be prepped to wait even if have a reservation, but there are plenty of nearby spots to grab a drink and they'll call you when your table is ready.Special Features:
- Like a trip Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014This is a small and wonderful restaurant with a great staff. I've been here several times and always enjoyed the food and the experience. Very high quality ingredients and authentic preparation.Special Features:
- We'll come back!NeighborDined on 7/26/2014The place was recommended by friends. The online photos of the restaurant make it look quite large but it is in fact TINY. So we were somewhat skeptical when we arrived, but we were not disappointed. The service is friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable about menu. The entire scene was happy and energetic with the busy open kitchen, engaged staff, restaurant opened to the Spring street bustle, and the obviously happy diners at each table.We ordered appetizers and pastas for our entrée and each and every dish was EXCELLENT. We continue to talk about the food and nice experience days later. We are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorynot2missDined on 7/9/2014I am a first-generation American. Both of my parents were born in Sicily. The food at Piccola Cucina reminds me of the food that my mother prepared and served when I was a boy.Special Features:
- Amazing ad always!FoodnycVIPDined on 7/4/2014Lobster pasta...highly reccomended! Pesto and shrimps as well. The octopus as a started was very tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buonissimo!AntonioItaliaDined on 7/4/2014Cant go wrong at PC ...great meal and service! Authentic Italian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014We tried this restaurant based on the great reviews on Opentable, but we were not as thrilled as the others apparently. The service was good. The staff is very nice and accommodating. But we thought the food was just okay, nothing special. The pasta was better than the fish. It is also quite noisy for a small place.
- Small, authentic, at home feelinggoingoutDined on 6/19/2014Like a noisy family dinner somewhere in Sicily, except the food was more sophisticated. Fine offering of appetizers and pastas.Special Features:
- CozyTexmexVIPDined on 6/17/2014The boar Ragu was extremely tasty and plentiful! I would skip the Sardis- too strong and fishy. Appetizers were delicious.Special Features:
- not disappointeddinendinerVIPDined on 6/15/2014I read prior reviews and was looking forward to the meal. The appetizer grilled octopus was excellent, the pasta with boar ragu was very good. A bit too salty and the boar was like chopped meat sauce but tasty. I expected bigger pieces of boar as that's how it was prepared in other retaurants. The dessert had a marzipan coating was quite sweet and small. The pistachio coating was good. I would go back. There was huge party about 14 people at the next table so the service was a little scarce as the kitchen is tiny and they had to get all those meals out at the same time.Special Features:
- Small and deliciousWillixVIPDined on 6/14/2014This was an unexpected find. The food and space invoked memories of Italy but be prepared to possibly be cramped. My wife and I had a table in the center of the restaurant. We counted 24 seats in this packed room. With waiters and patrons darting back and forth on either side of us, you felt like you were sitting in the middle of Lexington Ave. The good however, was delicious. True Sicilian fare. Try the Arancini and the Squid Ink Pasta. The staff were also great and did the best they could with such a tight space.Special Features:
- Great Luigi Chef!MircoDined on 6/12/2014Great Original Italian food and the Chef Luigi is great and very friendly to accomodate any requestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cute!bkfoodieDined on 6/10/2014I hadn't really heard too much about this restaurant, so I was very surprised when I found out how good the food was. The space is also very small, but still comfortable; very homey.Special Features:
- outoftowner2outoftowner2Dined on 6/9/2014Really enjoyed a quite lunch with great food--- Tagliatelle and ravioli were outstanding. And the price for homemade pasta was a welcomed surprise compared to most places in NYC. Never had Insalata di Finocchi ( fenel salad)before, it will become a new addition to the salads we serve at home. The cappuccino was excellent, many places fall down making it to light or just bland -- The food was far better then the dinner we had up town for twice the price the night before. everyone from server to chefs made us feel welcomed. It was early in the afternoon so the place was quiet but it is a small venue which could be a factor if your looking for elbow room on a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful placedivinl3Dined on 6/4/2014We had a great evening, service was very personalized and considerate and venue was charming, but the real treat was the food - I've been to Italy a few times and felt this was the closest I've got to it in NYC. Delicious.Special Features:
- Great small italianIsakDined on 6/3/2014Small italian resturant in SOHO, nice food and personal service.Special Features:
- The following 110 reviews are from the Piccola Cucina Osteria - Spring St. reviews archive.
- Great foodAbc123Dined on 6/1/2014Great food, good service and real authentic italian cousine. Never been disappointed, it feels like home! Great job guysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian w/ Flair & FlavorTimeriusVIPDined on 6/1/2014I had discovered this small, authentic Sicilian, cozy restaurant last summer with my wife, and we have been returning ever since because of the warm and unique Italian/Sicilian hospitality of the staff, owner, and Chef Luigi's high quality-food, especially the home-made pastas. I had my last birthday party at "Piccola Cucina" last year, and it was a blast w/ warm staff, customized food, and music. Best items on menu: arancini, octopus, burrata, busiati alla norma, cavatelli al ragu (lamb ragu), grilled branzino. I went there yesterday in a group and we received a truly warm reception with a consistently fresh meal. The kitchen here does wonders, thanks to Chef Luigi, and lets you leave as if you were a guest of a family/friend's home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DivinedesignDined on 5/31/2014This is a find on a vibrant SoHo street! From the minute we walked in the service was attentive, and although we were quite late they seated us immediately. The food was excellent, and the ambiance was equally wonderful! Definitely will return again! Great outdoor dining spotSpecial Features:
- BookieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great dining experience! Delicious food, exceptional service! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustJS61Dined on 5/31/2014This is a SoHo gem. We had a party of 13. They treated us like royalty. The food was fabulous. The wait staff was attentive. I will go back and back some more. Go to this Spring Street stop and you will be spoiled with a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Overall, Food was pretty good & good service. Meatball & Italian tacos & squid ink pasta was also not bad.Special Features:
- Nice Sicilian MenuJcstableVIPDined on 5/22/2014Tried this restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. Very small with tables close to each other, we sat at window with everything open to street on a nice evening. Menu definitely authentic Sicilian dishes and food was excellent. Waiters authentic as well, would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/21/2014First time at this quaint restaurant located in South Village. Authentic Italian surprisingly delicious. Our server recommended a nice inexpensive red wine which paired great with our meal. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group dinnercarmenreyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Made a reservation here for a group of 7 based on the reviews I read on Open Table. We were seated immediately and the service and food were great. I was worried this would be a touristy place in SoHo, but I was wrong - this is a small, cozy, neighborhood restaurant. Servers all seemed to be from Italy. Overall, very nice experience and I would go back here or recommend to friends.Special Features:
- RalphDined on 5/18/2014A little hole in the wall with wonderful food and close quarters. Get to know your neighbors, we did and it made for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AUTHENTIC Sicilian in Soho!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014After dining at Piccola Cucina in SoBe a couple of times, decided to try their NYC restaurant. Small group of us all immensely enjoyed the food. It is simple straightforward Sicilian without any American-Italian influences that so often infiltrate US "italian" restaurants. Chef is direct from Sicily. Staff right from Italy. Seafood and pastas all outstanding. NOTE: This is a TINY restaurant. Would not recommend it for a group larger than 6 people.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian Gem in Soholkn4foodVIPDined on 5/17/2014Wedge your way into this tiny bustling restaurant. You will be elbow to elbow with tables next to you. The waiter will have limited English. But the food is great, freshly prepared, simple and unpretentious. The atmosphere is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.