Piccola Cucina Enoteca - Prince St.
184 Prince St.
New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piccola Cucina Enoteca - Prince St.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piccolacucinagroup.com/
- Phone: 2126253200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Philip Guardione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Piccola Cucina Enoteca - Prince St.
"When art imitates life. We like to eat it. Especially when plated by the energetic, ascot-wearing Sicilian chef Philip Guardione (Four Seasons in Milan, Taillevent in Paris). His new, doll house-size Piccola Cucina Enoteca opens tonight, and he's preparing modern twists on Italian classics." - Daily CandyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piccola Cucina Enoteca - Prince St. reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)romantic (6)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Small space but delicious fooddragonDined on 10/18/2014Delicious and innovative food, located in the heart of Soho. The tables were a little small, and somewhat close together. The service was excellent, though the kitchen was also small so the food took a while to come. The wine was amazing, and the ambiance was romantic and pleasant. Overall very good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sicilian PerfectionUomodicalcioCanadeseDined on 10/4/2014After several trips to Europe and in particular Italy, I'm hard to impress. This was the best Sicilian food I have ever eaten ! A pleasant Soho location, and an affordable Primitivo wine combined with the outstanding food made this one of our New York highlights. Go early as this restaurant becomes busy after say 7PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant is extremely small and so the tables are packed together. Our server Matteo was great - very friendly and accommodating. The food was average Italian except for the lasgna with meat sauce that Matteo recommended. All the wait staff speak Italian and that is very authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Confused staff. Noisy.postsandyDined on 7/25/2014The prosciutto and pear was good. The fennel and orange salad was dry, but really fresh. We didn't get to order their famous pasta dish because of the noise level and the confused service. The staff kept sending the food to the wrong tables. I was embarrassed to have brought my out-of-town guest to this place. On the other hand, I've been to their Spring St location. The service was much better and the pasta was great.Special Features:
- Never judge a book by its coverBeachbumsDined on 7/25/2014This place is TINY but everything was amazing. Tapas style plates. The bruscetta tasted like the tomatoes were just picked. Salmon was perfectly cooked. Everything was prepared simply and was delicious. Nice wine list. Great place for date night. Waiter was very attentive but looked like he might have been having a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodAdminDined on 7/18/2014Took longer than expected to be seated, so need to wait outside on side walk, which if you are on a date on Sat it's no good. But must confess I wanted a table on sidewalk (summer), maybe why it took that long. Then went to The Stupid Dutch across the street for a $20 Martini (yes, NYorkers like that shiat), then Piccola called me. Dishes are small and priced accordingly (try to find a carpaccio for $9 in NY...). The taste was very good and the quality absolutely confirmed. I have a culinary degree @ Cordon Bleu, so obviously nothing compares to my standards, but I must confess this place has something special that didn't prompt me to negative review. I had a great time here and you will surely do. Bravo Piccola!Special Features:
- Perfect neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/11/2014This is a very small restaurant, but don't let that deter you. Went here on a Friday night and our table wasn't quite ready so we went across the street to The Dutch for a drink to wait (another great spot). Piccola Cucina Enoteca's food has incredible flavor and our (Sicilian) server knew the menu and ingredients to a tee. Must haves are the Homemade Meatballs and Arancini (Sicilian rice balls) - they were mouthwatering. As for the ambiance, cozy place with strung lights, candles, and doors that open up to the street. A mix of locals & tourists filled up every table with many waiting outside who didn't have reservations. We could've sat their all night and drank wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Piccola Cucina Enoteca - Prince St. reviews archive.
- The food is truly deliciousbayonneguyDined on 6/27/2014First vist to this little Soho gem. We were a group of four who began by sharing the chef's selection of appetizers. Every one was a delight. I grew up eating superb home cooked Italian food but with apologies to mom every bite was better than any I have tasted The number of entres is very limited but the small plates and pasta are more than enough please.Special Features:
- Fantastic little legit Italian spotMichaelDined on 6/7/2014Delicious food and great service! Will definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfecto- Piccola Cucina Prince St.bhrousemdDined on 5/24/2014Long for a real taste of Italy without paying the airfare? How lucky New Yorkers are to have this little place! I started with Burrata, fresh, creamy mozzarella with a little bit of heaven inside. The Vitello Tonnato, had a tuna sauce to die for. Carpaccio di Manzo tender and delicious with just enough greens and cheese. A shared risotto Milanese with just a hint of gorgonzola, broiled quickly to add a little crunch to the top perfectly served crème Brulee style.The wine list has something for everyone and offers a range of price points. Finally, enough can’t be said about the service. A prompt, courteous and educated wait staff attended to our every need, making this one of the most enjoyable lunches since my visit to Barolo last fall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sicilian & tapasAjncaliVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great Sicilian food!!! Would definitely return. Best rice balls!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved ittmszDined on 5/10/2014I feel so bad, I did not have my glasses on and when I paid the check I shorted our server by about 15.00 on the tip. The reason I felt so bad was that everything about our dinner was wonderful. It was very unique with Italian small plates and the 4 of us shared incredible burrata with a beautiful mix of prosciutto and the sweetest cherry tomato and basil salad, as well as a salmon "sushi" dish and a tuna "sushi" dish done Italian style, some garlic spinach and an order of chicken Milanese which of everything was the only thing that could be called ordinary. We had 2 bottles of wine and some prosecco and we felt the bill was very reasonable for NY City especially when you undertip :-( made me sad when I saw my receipt when back homeSpecial Features:
- WonderfulJerryVIPDined on 5/3/2014A limitless bit of Sicily in Soho. Always great food. Service enthusiastic. A Saturday date night regularSpecial Features:
- Please get it togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014Met friends here for lunch. The wait staff seemed confused about what dishes were being offered that day. Some of the food was quite good. Some was just an odd interpretation of a classic dish. With such a perfect location, this might be the right place if you knew what was going to really match you expectations.
- Tucked Away GemHungerStruckVIPDined on 4/11/2014Wonderful little Italian spot. Make a reservation. Not too many tables, and the service is great. I didn't feel rushed on the busy Friday evening. Wonderful menu and extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, With Good Food2edsDined on 3/24/2014Small, out of the ordinary, good food, very reasonable prices, attentive service, a great evening for four people.Special Features:
- Great date night spotJerryVIPDined on 3/22/2014Energetic neighborhood spot with really good, not great food. Their menu is diverse without being overbearing. What they do, they do wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Small RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We had Eggplant Parmesan and Bruschetta Con Caponata both of which were excellent. The Eggplant was a small dish so you might want to think about getting an additional dish. This is a small place, much like restaurants I've been to in Europe, and a little loud for my taste but the food was really worthy. The food prices are very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small soho restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing and fresh. We shared an tried four different things, all of which were delicious. They kept on playing 80 music and it was really loud, which kind of brought down the general vibe for a small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date SpotttamdDined on 2/14/2014Piccola Cucina Enoteca provides a unique and romantic date spot that with delicious food in a cozy atmosphere. The restaurant space is small without a bar, which makes the it quieter than others in the neighborhood. In addition, the service was perfect and extremely knowledgeable regarding the delightful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this place at all costs.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/24/2014Avoid this place at all costs. The appetizers were passable but the pastas were the worst I've had in any restaurant, let alone an Italian restaurant. The "wild boar" ravioli had no discernible meat and tasted like Chef Boyardee. The pasta primavera also was lacking the named ingredient (unless you count the couple of shavings of carrot) and was a starchy gelatinous mess. To top it off, the service was atrocious. We had to get up a couple of times to help ourselves to utensils and ask for things for third, fourth, fifth times. I would have given this place zero stars if it was an option.
- A little gem within busy SohoSofrench13VIPDined on 1/22/2014So nice to discover a new dining spot in busy Soho where restaurants abound but quality is inconsistent… This tiny Italian restaurant is a true gem where good wine, delicious authentic Italian food and great relaxed service make for a very pleasant afterwork spot…particularly on a cold winter evening. We will definitely be back and also try the owner's other locations.Special Features:
- Happy placeJimjimDined on 1/3/2014Efficient friendly service with fabulous menu. Except for a few meat dishes this is a vegetarian's delight. Many things can be ordered gluten free. Don't be afraid if you are not a vegetarian, this is really delicious food. They also know their way with cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super smallInmanparkfoodiesVIPDined on 12/27/2013They had reservations available on open table so we booked and went over. There were a total of 9 tables, all full, and they couldn't accommodate us.
- Food was excellent, staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013Food was excellent, staff was lovely, perfect ambiance to sit with friends, eat, drink & catch up without being rushed along, a definite go to in SoHo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great authentic ItalianbarbalordVIPDined on 12/25/2013We went on Xmas for the 1st time. The tiny room was crowded and a bit chaotic but miraculously our reservation for 3 was honored and we were seated and had a fantastic meal. The staff is highly experienced at handling cramped quarters, the kitchen is open and impressive. Burrata + artichokes or caponata were fabulous starters, veal milanesa with fries done perfectly, and prices are reasonable. We'll come back on a quiet weekday evening. lots of Italian tourists dining alongside us--a good sign.Special Features:
- moderately good italianJerryDined on 12/19/2013Friendly restaurant. Appetizers were good. Main courses were OK but food was lukewarm and one patron sent it back for reheating.
- Tiny place which makes itPhilVIPDined on 11/30/2013Tiny place which makes it all the more inviting. Service was quick and attentive, but relaxed. Food was outstanding. Authentic Italian! Very reasonably priced for SoHo.Special Features:
- Tapas Italian styleGalfromWOrangeVIPDined on 11/25/2013This is my third return to Piccola Cuciano!!!!! Small but big in taste! Friendly, vibrant atmosphere! I recommend this place to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in busy Soho neighborhooMarthaVIPDined on 10/1/2013Great find in busy Soho neighborhood. Energetic but we were able to carry on a conversation with five people. Excellent selection of small plates and pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2013This tiny Sicilian outpost on Prince Street is a great place to have some regional specialties and wine. The service is just how it should be: helpful, and yet unobtrusive. Try to get one of the tables for two outside if the weather's nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood ItalianMyReviewDined on 8/16/2013Have been several times now and it is just a great little Italian restaurant. The food is excellent every time I go. Get the rice balls for an appetizer they are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went here for the firstRose624VIPDined on 6/21/2013I went here for the first time. The food was decent but I wouldn't go back again.
- Noisy and hotSPPJQBPVIPDined on 6/1/2013We liked the food--their menu is small and somewhat unusual but each item was quite good. But there was virtually no air conditioning (and it was a blazing hot night) and they crammed far too many people into the tiny space of the restaurant. I will not be in a hurry to go back.
- A lovely spot for authenticLuv2eatVIPDined on 2/15/2013A lovely spot for authentic Sicilian cuisine. Owners are warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent overall. Nice staff,V123VIPDined on 2/2/2013Excellent overall. Nice staff, great welcome, excellent food. beats some of the overrated and overpriced places we had tried in NYCSpecial Features:
- I was really excited to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2013I was really excited to try this restaurant after learning the chef was sicilian and was formerly employed at the four seasons. I read positive reviews and glanced at the website that had beautifully constructed meals (adding to my excitement.) After getting there however i waited quite awhile to get the attention of the waitress who seemed to be the only one tending to the room. still positive that my experience would be great, the food came and deflated that hope. The beef carpaccio was smothered in aioli ruining the delicate taste of the meat. The carpaccio di spada was okay but nothing i would order again. All the baked pastas i tried unfortunately was parallel to the quality of any ordinary corner pizza place.
- Very authentic Sicilian smallAlexVIPDined on 1/12/2013Very authentic Sicilian small plates. Highly recommend the burata with cold cuts, or the arancino. Great Italian wine selection as well. It's a pretty small place - maybe 5-6 four-person tables plus the bar. But usually not too crowded. Service is laid back, but attentive. Extra points for all the staff actually being from Sicily.Special Features:
- Yummy and cozy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/7/2012Wonderful food! Very friendly staff but snug quarters.Special Features:
- Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2012Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and delicious food. Everything was fantastic and we will definitely returnSpecial Features: