320 Magnolia Ave
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantpicco.com/
- Phone: 4159240300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Quiroga 4159240300x106
- Special Events: Join us for Marin Mondays. Every Monday Picco presents a special menu to showcase the finest products exclusively from Marin's farms, ranches and wineries.
A word from Picco Restaurant
The food at Picco is designed with sharing in mind to best experience our local, seasonal, and ingredient-driven cuisine. Our wine list features an eclectic collection of bottles from the best growing regions around the globe. Located in historic downtown Larkspur California, Picco offers a full bar, private dining rooms, and cozy booths in a brick and redwood setting. Personal wines are welcome, $25 corkage per 750ml bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Picco Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
Picco Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (83)hot spot (69)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (51)romantic (35)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (14)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- The QP ratio is highMarkDined on 10/13/2014The Quality to Pretense ratio is high... Really good food... understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What terrific flavorsIgnatz49Dined on 10/12/2014We shared the pumpkin & crab soup, and the the market salad. They were both terrific with wonderful blends of flavors. The grilled swordfish was delicious (although a very small portion for $33). The risotto with white beans and red peppers was creamy and very good comfort food, but I think i will try something more adventurous like the bucatini next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and friendly staff!FoodaucityDined on 10/12/2014The food is fantastic; the staff is friendly and hard-working. Location is just outside downtown Larkspur and parking can be a little difficult to find but the restaurant does have limited valet parking available. This place is popular enough that the staff can get so busy a small request might slip through the cracks. I forgive them because they're so busy and the food is outstanding! Make reservations early..........they're worth it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemmcgalsDined on 10/11/2014Piccos is a fantastic venue for fine food, great service and a lively scene.There is a back room with fewer tables so one would expect less noise. There is less noise than the larger room but it is still noisy. So worth it. The delicious food is beautifully presented without the over-the-top rage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodShadroeDined on 10/6/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. Everything we had was exceptional including risotto, quail,squash blossoms, tuna, sturgeon. The waitress was another high point. This will become a place to take out of town visitors for a special dinner.Special Features:
- very popularluv2eatDined on 10/4/2014This is not our first time at Picco. The chef is good. The restaurant is quite pricey so keep this in mind when you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBobKDined on 10/2/2014Picco is a commercial for California dining. Informal but not too casual. A menu that changes with the seasons. The freshest local ingredients with a great array of vegetable dishes. A complement of seasonal cocktails and a great wine list. Never lets us down.Special Features:
- Picco is a pleaser!NotCookin2VIPDined on 10/1/2014Delicious! We had a lovely window table so it felt more private than usual (some times Picco can be nutty and noisy). Food was simply wonderful -- we shared an heirloom tomato/burrata salad. My husband got the pork chop which was huge and succulent. I opted for crab/pumpkin soup and 1/2 daily risotto, which was timed perfectly. Our waitress was friendly, lovely, efficient. I wish Picco had some wines a bit more affordable (most wines seem to be $68 and upwards and upwards). Maybe that's a good thing, drink less. Thanks Picco!Special Features:
- Divine foodgreatforbeforeplayDined on 9/28/2014Picco's personnel are thoughtful, cheerful and all around fun. The food is to be savored. All dishes light up my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!fogcityelsDined on 9/26/2014There were four of us dining. If you love to share and experience a lot of delicious flavors and variety then dine at Picco's. From our starters, to main-courses, to dessert we loved everything. Our waitress was friendly and helpful with making menu selections. Definitely, a restaurant to go to repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyZaketteDined on 9/26/2014Screaming while trying to speak is not my idea of a nice evening out. The risotto was it usual tasty self, but the other dishes were average. I don't care how vaunted is this restaurant, my experience was far from desirable. Excellent dessert!
- Fabulous Food and ServiceDoubleG2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Picco Restaurant is always wonderful and my favorite Marin restaurant. We were celebrating a 60th birthday and it was the first time my two friends had been there and they were very impressed. We shared the ahi tuna, smoked trout, avocado bruschetta, crispy ricotta stuffed squash blossoms, sauteed green beans, gnocchi, risotto (freshly made every 1/2 hr.), mini-burgers and kennebec fries. Dessert was chocolate pots de creme.Special Features:
- Good but hecticEvanVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is loud and tables are small and cramped, but it is extremely popular due (I presume) to the original and very good (in some cases outstanding) food. I will not go back because it is not very relaxing, but if you like a high energy place with lots of noise, this may suit you fine.Special Features:
- Shareable plates rule !!MarindocVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ask for a seat in the back if you want to talk in a quieter area. Waiter helps you choose appetizers, pastas, entrees. We started with an artisnal mezcal cocktail and nice pour of Jameson's together with an avocado bruschetta. Tricolor or radish/lettuce salads are quite ample- easily shared by 2 or 3. Tuna tartare, kampachi crudo are pricey, but given the excellence of their preparation, worth it. By all means, get either their on the half hour prepared risotto or their light as a pillow gnocchi. Salmon entree with cranberry beans was cooked to perfection. Desserts are also meant to share, house made sorbet assortment (4 small scoops) and pastry chef's poundcake with in house ice cream were great. Expect to spend $75 pp.Special Features:
- Consistenly delicious!elfauroDined on 9/18/2014Yet another wonderful dinner at Picco. We ordered several plates to share and everything was perfection. The service as great and we were able to get a table in the back room where it is much quieter than the main dining room; since it was my friend's birthday, this was extra nice.Special Features:
- Fine Food/Not so Fine ServiceRhodaFoxDined on 9/18/2014Most of the time I have a great experience at Picco and have been a loyal customer since the day they opened. The service was good up until the multiple times they wanted to clear our plates when we were not even done. Iit soon become obvious that they wanted the table available for the next customer. Since this is hardly a Fast Food experience and prices are quite steep, we did NOT appreciate constantly being asked to clear our plates. Between the waiter and busboy, there was sense of hovering. I will give it another try, but if I get the same pushy service, I will have to forgo visiting one of my favorite restaurants in Marin. Also, my friend ordered a Lemon Drop and thought it should have been in a Martini Glass..it tasted average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner there last Saturday night. Everything was perfect - the food, service, ambience, and local scene!Special Features:
- Great food, Kitchen was slowSylvieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Menu is comprised of many excellent "small plates" meant to be shared. We have eaten here many times and consider it one of our favorites for dining. One the down side, it can get very noisy and the tables are close to one another. The service this particular evening was much slower than usual, not because of our server, who was very good, but the kitchen was not able to get the dishes out in a reasonable time. We loved the stuffed squash blossoms and quail dish.Special Features:
- christiDined on 9/11/2014Some of the greatest food we've had in a long long time. Every dish was perfect.Special Features:
- Always worth the trip/time/moneyChowBellaDined on 9/8/2014Love Picco. It can be a bit pricey compared to other dining options in Marin, but the food is always outstanding. On the last visit, my group of 5 opted to order numerous starters and entrees and share everything. We ended up having a 10 course tasting menu that really spanned the breadth of offerings. Definitely a good way to go here, where one could really have a tough time deciding among the many awesome choices! Standouts: kampachi crudo, gnocchi, tomatoes and burrata, fries, quail, chocolate pot de creme. Food aside, our server was a gem - really great about making sure what we ordered was adequate for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeiannDined on 9/7/2014I have been here several times and I am never disappointed. We brought our son and girlfriend for his birthday celebration and it was great. Neither had been before so we had all our favorite dishes, the Avocado Bruchetta, the Ahi cakes and the risotto. And then had the daily special which was a wonderful Salmon dish. Everything was perfect including the wine that our waitress recommended. I highly recommend this for just about any kind of dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than EverDimeboxDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Picco's before. Impressed that the food is better than ever. Great Job. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmikeronDined on 9/5/2014I've had a couple pies from their pizzeria next door but this was my first time dining at the restaurant. And I loved it! It was loud but it was my uncle complaining about that, not me. I like a loud restaurant. All of the staff was very friendly. Our server, Anna, was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodSabbellDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Picco. The food was all very well prepared and presented. I like the small plates because we get to taste so many more things. The smoked trout was one of our favorites, as was the gnocchi. The cheesecake for dessert was so light and delicious, it was the perfect way to end the meal. Our waiter seemed a bit busy, but he still took care of us, and we really enjoyed our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AwesomeMarinDiner99Dined on 8/31/2014Picco consistently delivers a fantastic experience to my wife and me. The food is delicious, the setting is nice and energetic, and the service is great. It is a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant excellencePiccofanDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been to Picco many times. A couple we know was planning a visit and wanted a suggestion for a nice dinner. I suggested Picco. They were not disappointed. We had a good variety of food and an excellent bottle of wine. We shared smoked trout, a 5 bean dish, gnocchi with fennel sausage, dry aged bone-in rib eye steak, polenta and deserts. The husband of the couple told me later " You know I think that's the best meal I've ever had. " I had told him I thought that initially and that's why I'd suggested Picco. Great food and service for a fair price. As usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Picco never disappoints.. thank you. halibut crudo and squash blossom and barbecued quail - all terrific. sorbets - j ust okay.
- FantasticvinodivoDined on 8/22/2014Great spot for foodie-friends to meet and share the great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy place to meet up locallyKaypartyDined on 8/20/2014Always nice coming back this very cute local restaurant, celebrating friend's birthday. Convenient for parties from around. Staff are bpvery friendly & helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very loud/noisy. Ahi tartar very good; lamb chops fair. Too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, as usual.ImmaDined on 8/4/2014Fantastic food, an amazing wine list, great and helpful staff. Their wine recommendation was perhaps the best Pinot we've ever had. Not my first time at Picco, but first visit by my dinner guests -- they loved it. As I knew they would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food, and wineyunkDined on 8/3/2014We have been dinning at Picco's since they opened. I have never been disappointed by the quality and variety of their dishes or their wine list. The Waitstaff are fantastic at making your dinning experience so pleasurable and enjoyable. One of our favorites in MarinSpecial Features:
- The bestNormVIPDined on 7/30/2014I believe Picco is the best restaurant in Marin although Poggio is a very close second. The food is extraordinary and the service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Take a Picco...MurcielagoDined on 7/29/2014Picco may very well be the best restaurant in Marin. My wife and I introduced my brother and his significant other, who live out of the Bay Area, two weeks ago. They happened to come back to town this week and just had to have another go at Picco. Both evenings we had food that was so impressive, that we had a hard time making ourselves stop ordering dishes. The dishes are designed to be shared, so it is fun to to have four at the table so you can try more dishes. Every dish we had was done perfectly, and delicious. The service is first rate by a friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. And the bar makes some of the most interesting cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'd give picco more than 5 starscalifgalVIPDined on 7/26/2014this has to be my most favourite restaurant in marin. each visit reinforces the fabulous food and service.Special Features:
- Unimaginative and LoudHultsDined on 7/25/2014We waited 20 minutes for a table for our 8:30pm Friday night reservations. The cocktails were amazing. The wait staff was apologetic about the wait. We ordered Risotta (4/5), squid (4/5), halibut tartare (5/5), quail (4/5), and cheesecake (3/5). The meal was overall expertly prepared, but unimaginative. The presentation was not very elegant, and the ingredients were predictable. For meals "fit for sharing", it was odd that the waiter recommended two dishes per person, and the courses only came with/on one plate. We spent more than we were anticipating based on the prices on the menu; We assumed we would only order an appetizer and one dish to share. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ScottyVIPDined on 7/25/2014It is more than just going out to dinner. It is like a special occasion to dine at this restaurant!Special Features:
- Marin magichappydinerDined on 7/24/2014We went to Picco for a friend's birthday. The service was great and the food was fantastic. The only down side was the noise level. I think to would have been OK otherwise, but we were sitting next to a patron who was exceptionally loud (I mean *really* loud!) and that was distracting. Of course, that wasn;t Picco's fault (though the tables are very close to one another). I would definitely go there again when I want a nice meal.Special Features:
- Unbelievably great foodMJCEVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went to Picco for our anniversary and the food was fabulous! We ended up ordering about 5 of the smaller plates because they all looked so good. Of course, the tuna tartare is a must....I dream about that dish. We also ordered the avocado brushetta ( so yummy!), the heirloom tomato salad with buratta cheese, the ricotta filled squash blossoms and the 3 mini burgers. All of them were excellent! The service was good but I ordered an ice tea and it never came and our waiter so seldom checked back with us. Then it showed up on our bill and twice I had to ask him to take it off the bill. The place was hopping the whole time so obviously I am not the only one that is impressed by the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Amazing food, amazing service! Sandor, our waiter, was really just perfectSpecial Features: