320 Magnolia Ave
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantpicco.com/
- Phone: 4159240300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Quiroga 4159240300x106
- Special Events: Join us for Marin Mondays. Every Monday Picco presents a special menu to showcase the finest products exclusively from Marin's farms, ranches and wineries.
A word from Picco Restaurant
The food at Picco is designed with sharing in mind to best experience our local, seasonal, and ingredient-driven cuisine. Our wine list features an eclectic collection of bottles from the best growing regions around the globe. Located in historic downtown Larkspur California, Picco offers a full bar, private dining rooms, and cozy booths in a brick and redwood setting. Personal wines are welcome, $25 corkage per 750ml bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Picco Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
Picco Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (87)hot spot (63)vibrant bar scene (55)notable wine list (52)romantic (36)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Shareable plates rule !!MarindocVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ask for a seat in the back if you want to talk in a quieter area. Waiter helps you choose appetizers, pastas, entrees. We started with an artisnal mezcal cocktail and nice pour of Jameson's together with an avocado bruschetta. Tricolor or radish/lettuce salads are quite ample- easily shared by 2 or 3. Tuna tartare, kampachi crudo are pricey, but given the excellence of their preparation, worth it. By all means, get either their on the half hour prepared risotto or their light as a pillow gnocchi. Salmon entree with cranberry beans was cooked to perfection. Desserts are also meant to share, house made sorbet assortment (4 small scoops) and pastry chef's poundcake with in house ice cream were great. Expect to spend $75 pp.Special Features:
- Consistenly delicious!elfauroDined on 9/18/2014Yet another wonderful dinner at Picco. We ordered several plates to share and everything was perfection. The service as great and we were able to get a table in the back room where it is much quieter than the main dining room; since it was my friend's birthday, this was extra nice.Special Features:
- Fine Food/Not so Fine ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Most of the time I have a great experience at Picco and have been a loyal customer since the day they opened. The service was good up until the multiple times they wanted to clear our plates when we were not even done. Iit soon become obvious that they wanted the table available for the next customer. Since this is hardly a Fast Food experience and prices are quite steep, we did NOT appreciate constantly being asked to clear our plates. Between the waiter and busboy, there was sense of hovering. I will give it another try, but if I get the same pushy service, I will have to forgo visiting one of my favorite restaurants in Marin. Also, my friend ordered a Lemon Drop and thought it should have been in a Martini Glass..it tasted average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner there last Saturday night. Everything was perfect - the food, service, ambience, and local scene!Special Features:
- Great food, Kitchen was slowSylvieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Menu is comprised of many excellent "small plates" meant to be shared. We have eaten here many times and consider it one of our favorites for dining. One the down side, it can get very noisy and the tables are close to one another. The service this particular evening was much slower than usual, not because of our server, who was very good, but the kitchen was not able to get the dishes out in a reasonable time. We loved the stuffed squash blossoms and quail dish.Special Features:
- christiDined on 9/11/2014Some of the greatest food we've had in a long long time. Every dish was perfect.Special Features:
- Always worth the trip/time/moneyChowBellaDined on 9/8/2014Love Picco. It can be a bit pricey compared to other dining options in Marin, but the food is always outstanding. On the last visit, my group of 5 opted to order numerous starters and entrees and share everything. We ended up having a 10 course tasting menu that really spanned the breadth of offerings. Definitely a good way to go here, where one could really have a tough time deciding among the many awesome choices! Standouts: kampachi crudo, gnocchi, tomatoes and burrata, fries, quail, chocolate pot de creme. Food aside, our server was a gem - really great about making sure what we ordered was adequate for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeiannDined on 9/7/2014I have been here several times and I am never disappointed. We brought our son and girlfriend for his birthday celebration and it was great. Neither had been before so we had all our favorite dishes, the Avocado Bruchetta, the Ahi cakes and the risotto. And then had the daily special which was a wonderful Salmon dish. Everything was perfect including the wine that our waitress recommended. I highly recommend this for just about any kind of dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than EverDimeboxDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Picco's before. Impressed that the food is better than ever. Great Job. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmikeronDined on 9/5/2014I've had a couple pies from their pizzeria next door but this was my first time dining at the restaurant. And I loved it! It was loud but it was my uncle complaining about that, not me. I like a loud restaurant. All of the staff was very friendly. Our server, Anna, was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodSabbellDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Picco. The food was all very well prepared and presented. I like the small plates because we get to taste so many more things. The smoked trout was one of our favorites, as was the gnocchi. The cheesecake for dessert was so light and delicious, it was the perfect way to end the meal. Our waiter seemed a bit busy, but he still took care of us, and we really enjoyed our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AwesomeMarinDiner99Dined on 8/31/2014Picco consistently delivers a fantastic experience to my wife and me. The food is delicious, the setting is nice and energetic, and the service is great. It is a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant excellencePiccofanDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been to Picco many times. A couple we know was planning a visit and wanted a suggestion for a nice dinner. I suggested Picco. They were not disappointed. We had a good variety of food and an excellent bottle of wine. We shared smoked trout, a 5 bean dish, gnocchi with fennel sausage, dry aged bone-in rib eye steak, polenta and deserts. The husband of the couple told me later " You know I think that's the best meal I've ever had. " I had told him I thought that initially and that's why I'd suggested Picco. Great food and service for a fair price. As usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Picco never disappoints.. thank you. halibut crudo and squash blossom and barbecued quail - all terrific. sorbets - j ust okay.
- FantasticvinodivoDined on 8/22/2014Great spot for foodie-friends to meet and share the great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy place to meet up locallyKaypartyDined on 8/20/2014Always nice coming back this very cute local restaurant, celebrating friend's birthday. Convenient for parties from around. Staff are bpvery friendly & helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very loud/noisy. Ahi tartar very good; lamb chops fair. Too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, as usual.ImmaDined on 8/4/2014Fantastic food, an amazing wine list, great and helpful staff. Their wine recommendation was perhaps the best Pinot we've ever had. Not my first time at Picco, but first visit by my dinner guests -- they loved it. As I knew they would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food, and wineyunkDined on 8/3/2014We have been dinning at Picco's since they opened. I have never been disappointed by the quality and variety of their dishes or their wine list. The Waitstaff are fantastic at making your dinning experience so pleasurable and enjoyable. One of our favorites in MarinSpecial Features:
- The bestNormVIPDined on 7/30/2014I believe Picco is the best restaurant in Marin although Poggio is a very close second. The food is extraordinary and the service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Take a Picco...MurcielagoDined on 7/29/2014Picco may very well be the best restaurant in Marin. My wife and I introduced my brother and his significant other, who live out of the Bay Area, two weeks ago. They happened to come back to town this week and just had to have another go at Picco. Both evenings we had food that was so impressive, that we had a hard time making ourselves stop ordering dishes. The dishes are designed to be shared, so it is fun to to have four at the table so you can try more dishes. Every dish we had was done perfectly, and delicious. The service is first rate by a friendly and knowledgeable waitstaff. And the bar makes some of the most interesting cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i'd give picco more than 5 starscalifgalVIPDined on 7/26/2014this has to be my most favourite restaurant in marin. each visit reinforces the fabulous food and service.Special Features:
- Unimaginative and LoudHultsDined on 7/25/2014We waited 20 minutes for a table for our 8:30pm Friday night reservations. The cocktails were amazing. The wait staff was apologetic about the wait. We ordered Risotta (4/5), squid (4/5), halibut tartare (5/5), quail (4/5), and cheesecake (3/5). The meal was overall expertly prepared, but unimaginative. The presentation was not very elegant, and the ingredients were predictable. For meals "fit for sharing", it was odd that the waiter recommended two dishes per person, and the courses only came with/on one plate. We spent more than we were anticipating based on the prices on the menu; We assumed we would only order an appetizer and one dish to share. Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ScottyVIPDined on 7/25/2014It is more than just going out to dinner. It is like a special occasion to dine at this restaurant!Special Features:
- Marin magichappydinerDined on 7/24/2014We went to Picco for a friend's birthday. The service was great and the food was fantastic. The only down side was the noise level. I think to would have been OK otherwise, but we were sitting next to a patron who was exceptionally loud (I mean *really* loud!) and that was distracting. Of course, that wasn;t Picco's fault (though the tables are very close to one another). I would definitely go there again when I want a nice meal.Special Features:
- Unbelievably great foodMJCEDined on 7/23/2014We went to Picco for our anniversary and the food was fabulous! We ended up ordering about 5 of the smaller plates because they all looked so good. Of course, the tuna tartare is a must....I dream about that dish. We also ordered the avocado brushetta ( so yummy!), the heirloom tomato salad with buratta cheese, the ricotta filled squash blossoms and the 3 mini burgers. All of them were excellent! The service was good but I ordered an ice tea and it never came and our waiter so seldom checked back with us. Then it showed up on our bill and twice I had to ask him to take it off the bill. The place was hopping the whole time so obviously I am not the only one that is impressed by the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Amazing food, amazing service! Sandor, our waiter, was really just perfectSpecial Features:
- AwesomejohneoDined on 7/16/2014Great food and service... order the meatballs! I've been here several times... and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't know how good the food isHungryMustEatDined on 7/12/2014Arrived 20 minutes early to check in. Was busy(Saturday night). Wait list to sit at the bar. At the time of our reservation, people showed up and were immediately seated. 10 minutes after our time, was told that they were waiting for a table to clear to seat us. 10 minutes later, was told we were 3rd in line for a table. WTF? The food looked and smelled amazing, but we left as we were already 25min past our reservation and seemed to be getting further away from getting a table. If they can get their front end in order or if you go early on a weekday it may be worth checking out, but for a Saturday date night you may want to try something else. Went down the street to Left Bank for a wonderful meal instead. At least they seemed to care.
- Consistently ExcellentMafiosoDined on 7/12/2014If you like small plate restaurants, this is the best around. We have dined here about 20 times over the past 10+ years and they are very consistent in all aspects. Packed every time we go so we always reserve in advance on Open Table. Our favorite restaurant in the entire Bay Area, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a monthIvansVIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I are foodies and enjoy dining at Picco's once month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picco Is ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The atmosphere, food and service are fantastic. From the moment you walk into Picco to the moment you depart, you will have a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMollyMacVIPDined on 7/7/2014My husband and I just went to Picco for date night. While the food was yummy, the tables were so close together that we heard every word of the conversation the table next to us was having. Service was good not excellent and the hostess had the most uppity attitude ever. Not the way you want to start your meal. As I said the food was good but we won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceMikeGDined on 7/6/2014You can't go wrong with Picco. Every item brought to the table was off the charts. Best restaurant in Marin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- picco is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Best restaurant i've ever eaten a meal - this was my sixth visit. I've lived in NY, Dallas, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco and this is the best. The setting is idyllic, service impeccable, wine to die for, food consistently the most interesting, flavorful, delightful and exciting - wish i could eat here once month!Special Features:
- Good elements--Unsatisfying wholeJeroboamVIPDined on 7/3/2014Picco has well executed food. The highlight was the fava been puree with burrata. The dish was delightful The risotto was very good. Eggplant was less exciting. Our service was lackluster. Long periods of time elapsed from server visits and we ended up pouring our own wine. Bussers sprint to remove plates as soon as you put your fork down giving you the feeling that you are getting the bum's rush. Although the wine selection is substantial, the wine prices are excessive. It is challenging to find a bottle of wine for less than $75 that you would want to drink. When the $200 bill arrives after 1:15 minutes, you feel that the value relationship is not there for a neighborhood restaurant.
- Always consistentHBSRDined on 7/1/2014We come to Picco's regularly and are always impressed by the consistent high quality of the food and the wonderful service. Always a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Larkspur Favoriteopentabler7VIPDined on 6/29/2014Much quieter at 5:30 than 9pm! Always great salads and entrees-too full for dessert. The waiter was pleased that we had no more room-it must happen often. The higher priced dishes seem to escalate in quality. Very good wine by the glass selection. Go when you're hungry. Very popular spot and with good reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerEaterDined on 6/28/2014I have been to Picco many times and this visit didn't disappoint. The food is always great and would eat here more often if I could secure more babysitting for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lame HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014When we arrived at the restaurant we checked in and the hostess barely smiled at us. My girlfriend said she was going to use the ladies room and she would be right back. Shortly thereafter the hostess said to me "come with me, I'll seat you. Don't worry, as soon as she comes out of the restroom I'll bring her over." I felt a bit weird being seated alone but her assurance that she would look out for my gf put me at ease. Unfortunately our table was on the far side of the bar away from the main dining area, and when my gf returned the hostess was not there and she had to search the entire dining room for our table, without the hostess ever attempting to help. Not good. But the food was great.Special Features: