320 Magnolia Ave
Larkspur, CA 94939Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantpicco.com/
- Phone: (415) 924-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday 5pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bruce Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Sabrina Quiroga 4159240300x106
- Special Events: Join us for Marin Mondays. Every Monday Picco presents a special menu to showcase the finest products exclusively from Marin's farms, ranches and wineries.
A word from Picco Restaurant
The food at Picco is designed with sharing in mind to best experience our local, seasonal, and ingredient-driven cuisine. Our wine list features an eclectic collection of bottles from the best growing regions around the globe. Located in historic downtown Larkspur California, Picco offers a full bar, private dining rooms, and cozy booths in a brick and redwood setting. Personal wines are welcome, $25 corkage per 750ml bottle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Picco Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Larkspur ›
Picco Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (87)special occasion (73)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (48)notable wine list (48)romantic (34)good for groups (25)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice change of tasteSuzieVIPDined on 11/18/2014The food was excellent. It was a different experience when the plates are recommended to share, but my table was fine with this and gave us an opportunity to taste things on the menu. The avocado bruschetta was delicious and we were glad we order that. The tricolor salad was also nice with a light dressing that added to all of the different lettuces and the presentation was different than expected and lovely. The risotto was decent but smaller for a large portion than we thought. We were looking forward to the quail, but they did not have it on the menu and we were told there was a bit of a shortage on this so they hoped to get more soon. The lamp chops were delicious with an interesting sausage type patty in the plate as well. We did send the lamb chops back as they were a bit too wiggly when asked for medium, and the waitress recognized this immediately and asked us if we wanted it cooked a bit more. We had a chocolate pot du creme which was very chocolatey and a different texture than I have had in other restaurants but the flavors were good together. The meal was leisurely and paced well. The manhattans are great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dipsea99VIPDined on 11/11/2014The risotto prepared from scratch was delicious, they outdo themselves on this dish every time we come here. Other shared plates included tuna tartar, avocado bruschetta, squash blossoms,and eggplant--all wonderful! Superb flavors and superb food all-around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal after HikingSFeatsVIPDined on 11/9/2014We arrived as soon as they opened on a Sunday after hiking in the Marin Watershed area. The food was delicious and multi-dimensional! In addition, they were happy to accommodate our standard request at nice restaurants all over SF.....to sit beside each other and not across ... so they turned our little table sideways :) so we could share food and be a bit more intimate. Plus, no one seemed to mind that we had our hiking attire on. Kudos on many fronts! One suggestion: the service folks could wait a bit longer before trying to take your glasses and plates away ... we had to protect our last good swallow of Cab Franc and a few remaining brussel sprouts from being cleared too quickly from our table.Special Features:
- Fresh and FunFrenchTwistDined on 11/8/2014Very fresh 'farm to table' menu prepared in a creative yet natural style. The vegetables were the hit! (no we're not vegetarians)Special Features:
- PiccokevinDined on 10/27/2014An epicurean delight with many delicious unique dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistently GreatMafiosoDined on 10/25/2014The best small plates restaurant in the entire Bay Area. I am a broken record here but can't speak highly enough about this place. Request Sandor to take care of you. He is at the top of his game. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Great 20th Anniversary Dinner!ricknlesDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated our 20th Anniversary at Picco. We were greeted with congratulations and glasses of champagne! Our dinner experience was wonderful from start to finish - we will definitely return.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceaudeatsDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I went with another couple for dinner. The food was outstanding and innovative and the service was excellent. It is rather pricey, so not a restaurant I would frequent regularly (weekly) but we will definitely go back and bring some other friends. It's a good place to go as a couple or maybe two-three couples. I like the idea that they encourage sharing of all their dishes and they are presented in the center of the table to make sharing easy.Special Features:
- The QP ratio is highMarkDined on 10/13/2014The Quality to Pretense ratio is high... Really good food... understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What terrific flavorsIgnatz49Dined on 10/12/2014We shared the pumpkin & crab soup, and the the market salad. They were both terrific with wonderful blends of flavors. The grilled swordfish was delicious (although a very small portion for $33). The risotto with white beans and red peppers was creamy and very good comfort food, but I think i will try something more adventurous like the bucatini next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and friendly staff!FoodaucityDined on 10/12/2014The food is fantastic; the staff is friendly and hard-working. Location is just outside downtown Larkspur and parking can be a little difficult to find but the restaurant does have limited valet parking available. This place is popular enough that the staff can get so busy a small request might slip through the cracks. I forgive them because they're so busy and the food is outstanding! Make reservations early..........they're worth it!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemmcgalsDined on 10/11/2014Piccos is a fantastic venue for fine food, great service and a lively scene.There is a back room with fewer tables so one would expect less noise. There is less noise than the larger room but it is still noisy. So worth it. The delicious food is beautifully presented without the over-the-top rage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodShadroeDined on 10/6/2014This is one of the best restaurants in the Bay Area. Everything we had was exceptional including risotto, quail,squash blossoms, tuna, sturgeon. The waitress was another high point. This will become a place to take out of town visitors for a special dinner.Special Features:
- very popularluv2eatDined on 10/4/2014This is not our first time at Picco. The chef is good. The restaurant is quite pricey so keep this in mind when you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBobKDined on 10/2/2014Picco is a commercial for California dining. Informal but not too casual. A menu that changes with the seasons. The freshest local ingredients with a great array of vegetable dishes. A complement of seasonal cocktails and a great wine list. Never lets us down.Special Features:
- Picco is a pleaser!NotCookin2VIPDined on 10/1/2014Delicious! We had a lovely window table so it felt more private than usual (some times Picco can be nutty and noisy). Food was simply wonderful -- we shared an heirloom tomato/burrata salad. My husband got the pork chop which was huge and succulent. I opted for crab/pumpkin soup and 1/2 daily risotto, which was timed perfectly. Our waitress was friendly, lovely, efficient. I wish Picco had some wines a bit more affordable (most wines seem to be $68 and upwards and upwards). Maybe that's a good thing, drink less. Thanks Picco!Special Features:
- Divine foodgreatforbeforeplayDined on 9/28/2014Picco's personnel are thoughtful, cheerful and all around fun. The food is to be savored. All dishes light up my taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!fogcityelsDined on 9/26/2014There were four of us dining. If you love to share and experience a lot of delicious flavors and variety then dine at Picco's. From our starters, to main-courses, to dessert we loved everything. Our waitress was friendly and helpful with making menu selections. Definitely, a restaurant to go to repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyZaketteDined on 9/26/2014Screaming while trying to speak is not my idea of a nice evening out. The risotto was it usual tasty self, but the other dishes were average. I don't care how vaunted is this restaurant, my experience was far from desirable. Excellent dessert!
- Fabulous Food and ServiceDoubleG2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Picco Restaurant is always wonderful and my favorite Marin restaurant. We were celebrating a 60th birthday and it was the first time my two friends had been there and they were very impressed. We shared the ahi tuna, smoked trout, avocado bruschetta, crispy ricotta stuffed squash blossoms, sauteed green beans, gnocchi, risotto (freshly made every 1/2 hr.), mini-burgers and kennebec fries. Dessert was chocolate pots de creme.Special Features:
- Good but hecticEvanVIPDined on 9/23/2014This place is loud and tables are small and cramped, but it is extremely popular due (I presume) to the original and very good (in some cases outstanding) food. I will not go back because it is not very relaxing, but if you like a high energy place with lots of noise, this may suit you fine.Special Features:
- Shareable plates rule !!MarindocVIPDined on 9/19/2014Ask for a seat in the back if you want to talk in a quieter area. Waiter helps you choose appetizers, pastas, entrees. We started with an artisnal mezcal cocktail and nice pour of Jameson's together with an avocado bruschetta. Tricolor or radish/lettuce salads are quite ample- easily shared by 2 or 3. Tuna tartare, kampachi crudo are pricey, but given the excellence of their preparation, worth it. By all means, get either their on the half hour prepared risotto or their light as a pillow gnocchi. Salmon entree with cranberry beans was cooked to perfection. Desserts are also meant to share, house made sorbet assortment (4 small scoops) and pastry chef's poundcake with in house ice cream were great. Expect to spend $75 pp.Special Features:
- Consistenly delicious!elfauroDined on 9/18/2014Yet another wonderful dinner at Picco. We ordered several plates to share and everything was perfection. The service as great and we were able to get a table in the back room where it is much quieter than the main dining room; since it was my friend's birthday, this was extra nice.Special Features:
- Fine Food/Not so Fine ServiceRhodaFoxDined on 9/18/2014Most of the time I have a great experience at Picco and have been a loyal customer since the day they opened. The service was good up until the multiple times they wanted to clear our plates when we were not even done. Iit soon become obvious that they wanted the table available for the next customer. Since this is hardly a Fast Food experience and prices are quite steep, we did NOT appreciate constantly being asked to clear our plates. Between the waiter and busboy, there was sense of hovering. I will give it another try, but if I get the same pushy service, I will have to forgo visiting one of my favorite restaurants in Marin. Also, my friend ordered a Lemon Drop and thought it should have been in a Martini Glass..it tasted average.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We had a great dinner there last Saturday night. Everything was perfect - the food, service, ambience, and local scene!Special Features:
- Great food, Kitchen was slowSylvieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Menu is comprised of many excellent "small plates" meant to be shared. We have eaten here many times and consider it one of our favorites for dining. One the down side, it can get very noisy and the tables are close to one another. The service this particular evening was much slower than usual, not because of our server, who was very good, but the kitchen was not able to get the dishes out in a reasonable time. We loved the stuffed squash blossoms and quail dish.Special Features:
- christiDined on 9/11/2014Some of the greatest food we've had in a long long time. Every dish was perfect.Special Features:
- Always worth the trip/time/moneyChowBellaDined on 9/8/2014Love Picco. It can be a bit pricey compared to other dining options in Marin, but the food is always outstanding. On the last visit, my group of 5 opted to order numerous starters and entrees and share everything. We ended up having a 10 course tasting menu that really spanned the breadth of offerings. Definitely a good way to go here, where one could really have a tough time deciding among the many awesome choices! Standouts: kampachi crudo, gnocchi, tomatoes and burrata, fries, quail, chocolate pot de creme. Food aside, our server was a gem - really great about making sure what we ordered was adequate for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeiannDined on 9/7/2014I have been here several times and I am never disappointed. We brought our son and girlfriend for his birthday celebration and it was great. Neither had been before so we had all our favorite dishes, the Avocado Bruchetta, the Ahi cakes and the risotto. And then had the daily special which was a wonderful Salmon dish. Everything was perfect including the wine that our waitress recommended. I highly recommend this for just about any kind of dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than EverDimeboxDined on 9/7/2014We have been to Picco's before. Impressed that the food is better than ever. Great Job. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmikeronDined on 9/5/2014I've had a couple pies from their pizzeria next door but this was my first time dining at the restaurant. And I loved it! It was loud but it was my uncle complaining about that, not me. I like a loud restaurant. All of the staff was very friendly. Our server, Anna, was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodSabbellDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Picco. The food was all very well prepared and presented. I like the small plates because we get to taste so many more things. The smoked trout was one of our favorites, as was the gnocchi. The cheesecake for dessert was so light and delicious, it was the perfect way to end the meal. Our waiter seemed a bit busy, but he still took care of us, and we really enjoyed our meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AwesomeMarinDiner99Dined on 8/31/2014Picco consistently delivers a fantastic experience to my wife and me. The food is delicious, the setting is nice and energetic, and the service is great. It is a bit pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant excellencePiccofanDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have been to Picco many times. A couple we know was planning a visit and wanted a suggestion for a nice dinner. I suggested Picco. They were not disappointed. We had a good variety of food and an excellent bottle of wine. We shared smoked trout, a 5 bean dish, gnocchi with fennel sausage, dry aged bone-in rib eye steak, polenta and deserts. The husband of the couple told me later " You know I think that's the best meal I've ever had. " I had told him I thought that initially and that's why I'd suggested Picco. Great food and service for a fair price. As usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/24/2014Picco never disappoints.. thank you. halibut crudo and squash blossom and barbecued quail - all terrific. sorbets - j ust okay.
- FantasticvinodivoDined on 8/22/2014Great spot for foodie-friends to meet and share the great dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy place to meet up locallyKaypartyDined on 8/20/2014Always nice coming back this very cute local restaurant, celebrating friend's birthday. Convenient for parties from around. Staff are bpvery friendly & helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Very loud/noisy. Ahi tartar very good; lamb chops fair. Too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, as usual.ImmaDined on 8/4/2014Fantastic food, an amazing wine list, great and helpful staff. Their wine recommendation was perhaps the best Pinot we've ever had. Not my first time at Picco, but first visit by my dinner guests -- they loved it. As I knew they would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food, and wineyunkDined on 8/3/2014We have been dinning at Picco's since they opened. I have never been disappointed by the quality and variety of their dishes or their wine list. The Waitstaff are fantastic at making your dinning experience so pleasurable and enjoyable. One of our favorites in MarinSpecial Features: