Picasso Restaurant & Bar
36 West State Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Picasso Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.picasso-bar.com/
- Phone: (610) 891-9600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, International
- Executive Chef: Loic Barnieu
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for private parties and special events is available.
- Entertainment: Tuesdays: Live Acoustic 7pm
Wednesdays May-September: Dining Under the Stars
Thursdays: Open Mic 9pm
Fridays & Saturdays: Live Bands 10pm
Second Sundays: Jazz Dinner 5pm
Third Tuesdays: Bro-lesque Show 10pm
- Special Events: Media loves live music, theater, arts and festivals. Like us on Facebook to see all of our upcoming events such as the Blues Stroll & Jazz by Night.
A word from Picasso Restaurant & Bar
Picasso Restaurant and Bar serves up Spanish-inspired dishes in a warm and fun atmosphere in downtown Media, PA. Featuring thirteen rotating beers on tap, craft cocktails and Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday 5-7pm. Beer samplers are available every Wednesday for trying new great craft brews. Live music every weekend and most week nights keeps you entertained into the night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Picasso Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Wonderful dining experienceMaryRoseDined on 11/11/2014This was not my first time at Picasso; all have been great. Food choices not extensive but soooo good. The chicken entrée was interesting & delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week $30 prix fixe dinner and it was very, very good. Excellent selections, very well prepared. We highly recommend this restaurant
- didn't choose to staybh123Dined on 10/7/2014Had an 8 PM reservation and there was not a single other table of diners, yet one uncleaned table. Three people at the bar, loud music, and how it is possible, I don't know, but cigarette smoke. The hostess greeted me by saying "no you don't" when I said I had a reservation and then said "Oh, you must have made this today" When my guests arrived, we decided not to stay. I'd eaten here in years past and it had been a really nice spot. Not sure if it was a bad night or that time hasn't been kind to the restaurant. (I clicked "fair" for food though we didn't eat; can't submit form without. Menu was fair looking, best guess.)Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed our dinner here last Saturday evening. The front of the restaurant opens to the outside and we sat at the in the restaurant but felt like we were outside. The food was very good and we enjoyed sharing several small plates. Nice selection of craft beers on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not real tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014Not impressed at all. If you're looking for authentic tapas, do not come here. The grilled calamari was tough and drowned with pepper flakes. The PEI mussels were tiny and flavorless. The sangria tasted like straight cranberry juice. Wait staff knew nothing about the cheeses. Would not go back!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014We had a confirmed OpenTable reservation for Wed nite (DUTS) with outside requested. There was no table reserved, telling us that they didn't reserve tables during DUTS. If not, then take them off availability on OpenTable!! We only got a table because 2 nice women switched tables for us. Our server was wonderful, calmly and efficiently serving too many tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 173 reviews are from the Picasso Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed the option of small plates or full sized entrees. The food was very good and the service was very attentive,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, butJLSWDined on 5/9/2014Our waitress was very inattentive. One couple that was seated about 10 minutes after us was served, finished their meal & left just as we finally got our entrées. I had to go find our waitress 3 times to ask for a glass of wine, etc. Very nice lady, but we just felt like she forgot us. Noise level (music) was loud, but they did turn it down when we asked.
- Always enjoyableToxicZombiDined on 4/16/2014The menu is fairly simple and the food is very good. My wife ordered house salad and mussels, I went for the swordfish special and my daughter had the burger. Their salads are always fresh and refreshing, the mussels were tasty though small (that time of the season), and the swordfish was perfectly cooked (moist and very flavorful). My daughter enjoyed the purger with caramelized onions. The martini with kaffir lime was tasty! Reviewers often complain about the noise level then note that they were there during a jazz festival. Duh! We have never found it too noisy whether on weeknights or a weekend. BTW, in the summer the front of the restaurant is open to State Street. You can say hello to friends who wander by while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun nightShirtgirlDined on 4/12/2014Our group shared the tapas at our table and had a wonderful experience. Try the arugula flatbread and the calamari Appetizer. Actually, everything we ordered was good. The waitstaff were working hard and were extremely nice inI helping with selections.
- Philly Prices subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2014The prices are similar to a nice restaurant in Philly but the good quality is nowhere close. However good mixed drinks!
- Fun, fast, and comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014There was nothing exotic or phenomenal about our meal at Picasso. However, it was reasonably priced, good and a bit different for a place that has a more "pub like" feel. We had two small plates and two flatbreads and several beers. We content and pleased with all. It was a pleasant night out, not overpriced, and in a place where similar casual places are BYO, a place to grab a drink and nice dinner without wearing more than jeans!Special Features:
- Started off by sharing theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014Started off by sharing the grilled calamari, tasty but had a strong garlic flavor. The Halibut special was amazing, fresh, crispy on the outside, very nice flavor inside, served over a bed of asparagus and small red potatoes. My friend and I couldn't resist trying the Mushroom Risotto which was equally amazing with a wonderful creamy texture. Waitress was attentive, Cosmo made to my perfection, specialty drink's, so, so. Lick your plate delicious, my new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasWineNDineDined on 3/13/2014The variety of the menu was great. We had a group of four, and the small table size was a challenge with multiple courses. We would eat there again, but earlier - before the bar crowd gets really loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMarkDined on 2/14/2014Tapas are fun so Picasso, is an integral part of the foodie fun scene in Media! It was our first time. It would be a great place to bring a group and just sample all of the different tapas. They share a kitchen with La Belle Epoque, so I surmise that it is common ownership and allows LBE to offer an informal hangout option while extracting more revenue from the kitchen. Good idea.. Many of the tapas are really appetizers as opposed to the bite-sized tapas one gets in Madrid. Perhaps the menu could be expanded. With a little more focus, this place could blossom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were excited for our dinnerYumYumVIPDined on 2/14/2014We were excited for our dinner at Picasso with our family of 4. Things got off to a bad start, we asked to be seated at a booth but they instead sat us in the middle of the main floor despite there being no one else in the restaurant. The hostess said they were too booked up to move us. The restaurant was empty the majority of the time we were there and the booth was open that time. The mussels were good as was the cheese and meat plate. The grilled calamari had way too much garlic and the white bean salad was ok. There is a good menu but the poor service and attitude we received turned us off.
- Saturday Night Out with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/8/2014Food was varied, interesting and tasty. Our waitress was pleasant and accommodating. Noise level was higher than I like (you almost had to shout to talk across a small table).. Tables are too small for a tapas restaurant. Our party of four did six tapas dishes. They were served three at a time, partly because that was all that would fit on the table (and even then it was awkwardly crowded). The other problems were that we weren't asked which three tapas we wanted served together, and there was a long delay between the first group of three and the second group pf three being brought to the table.Special Features:
- we enjoyed the restaurantEarsToYouDined on 2/8/2014we enjoyed the restaurant very much and the food was tasty, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tapasBBMMDined on 11/30/2013Everything was very good - food and service. The tequila choices were disappointing. Not enough choices or flexibility for vegetarians. The menu found on OPEN TABLE for this restaurant was outdated. I didn't expect this to be a tapas only menu; on the OPEN TABLE menu it showed entrees including pastas and more vegetarian choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer & great foodElaineDined on 11/23/2013Have been to PIcasso several times for the fabulous beer selection and the wonderful food. The food menu is smallish, but inventive and delicious. I'm a fish-eating vegetarian and have never had a problem, especially since they have a decent list of veg-friendly tapas. Justin is our favorite server; he's extremely knowledgeable about beer and really friendly. Eat outside in summer on a Dining Under the Stars night, it's a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was so noisy,Chic3305Dined on 11/22/2013This restaurant was so noisy, my husband and I couldn't hear each other at all. The food wasn't exciting and the restaurant was boring. It felt like we were in a restaurant in a strip mall. We won't be going again,
- Is anyone here ?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2013If you like to wait for your server, a limited menu along with a limited bar, this is the place for you!!! Terrible Idea , I will not return.
- It was Jazz Fest night inLaurieVIPDined on 11/16/2013It was Jazz Fest night in Media, which certainly impacted our service. BUT, it took an hour and a half to be served. The wine, declared "our best" by our waiter, was terrible. We ordered several tapas, which were uniformly mediocre. The sauces were particularly odd matches for the foods they should have enhanced. No reason to go back, even for a drink!Special Features:
- Could be so much more!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2013I probably should not review a place on the night of the jazz festival, but there seemed to be a number of systemic problems. We made a reservation and they tried to seat us at a table where we couldn't pull out the stools to even sit down--they moved us to another table, but we watched the hostess try to seat one party after another there--each rejecting the location. Once seated it was obvious they were understaffed, our waiter was frazzled. Our salads were brought out with our meal. Half way through our meal we were asked if we wanted dessert. When we replied no, our check was brought immediately, with no offer to refill empty drinks. The food was not good and the service was poor.
- SeatingRichDined on 11/16/2013Upon arrival place was empty. Hostess seated us in a very uncomfortable corner stuffed up against the bar. After some exchange, as we were leaving to go to another place we were offerre another of the many available tables.
- A Great ExperienceBigRedDined on 10/23/2013I had been wanting to try Picasso's for a while but it was either too crowded and I forgot to make reservations or it was closed. This time I wised up and made reservations which was ready to do on line. I had a fantastic drink, the Picasso martini. (Ok...maybe 2) And I had the risotto special which was excellent. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flowermavenflowermavenDined on 10/17/2013The ravioli was very overcooked and lying in a heavy unappealing sauce. The majority of the food choices had some kind of cream sauce; not an appealing menu for foodies. Although we were dining at dinnertime, the restaurant was almost empty. Now I know why!
- celebrateBuff2Dined on 9/13/2013The food and drink was delicious. Service was great. And we were seated right next to the bar and was still able to have a conversation without shouting. I will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu surprisesCarapacerDined on 8/24/2013Love the small plates options and the beer selection is amazing. Best meal to be had in Media I've had for some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and had to shout!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2013I think the kitchen forgot our service. I know it was a Saturday night, but everyone seemed to be trying to out-shout the the table next to them.
- Really good, loved the grouperMareDined on 6/8/2013Really good, loved the grouper special on Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go on a Wednesday night.MTJLDined on 6/5/2013Service was very, very slow, probably because Wednesday nights in Media are very, very busyl We were seated right away with our reservation, but then waited 45 minutes for our appetizers and another 1/2 hour after that for our dinners. Prices were reasonable, and food was very good (except the chicken caesar salad was tasteless for some reason). My advice: Don't go on a Wednesday night in the summer if you are very hungry or in a hurry or if you want good service.
- dinner under the starsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/5/2013This was a horrible experience. Our food (chicken sand, and 2 burgers took 1.5 hours to make). The server constantly complained that the kitchen was behind. Average wait time for a table on Wednesday night 1.15 hours to be served your food.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013It was my second time there and I was not disappointed! It was tremendous the first time and just as terrific this time. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Picasso's in MediafoodmomDined on 5/10/2013This place is small and intimate. It has a pretty limited menu, with only one main course that I felt comfortable eating, but it was delicious. The small tapas menu has a few very good selections, also. They have a wonderful dessert drink menu, which we plan on going back to sample, along with more tapas. We tried the olive/cheese plate, the garlic shrimp, the asparagus, and the frites appetizers, all of which were delicious. My entree, the pollo, was so tender and juicy, and it came with wonderful mashed potatoes and perfectly cooked broccoli spears. My only complaint was that the blood orange sauce on the chicken was just a bit too sweet. I would have rated this restaurant higher overall, except for the limited menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some limitationsAuroraDined on 5/2/2013We had an overall good experience, and were welcome to the restaurant. But we selected two wines, one after another, that were not in available, even when they were in your website and had been a reassuring point in selecting the place when we were entertaining friends from Spain and France. The food was good to very good, but I ordered the crab-filled ravioli and they came to the table lukewarm and almost dry. The flavor was very good, though, so with a little more attention the dish could have been excellent. Our guests enjoyed their food, and the spinach ravioli my husband ordered were very good. The place is attractive and I think it has great potential. Thank you for asking.
- Yummy food and drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/13/2013I absolutely enjoy this restaurant. It's a shame this time the service wasn't good. But hey, my favorite waiter wasn't in *shrugs*. I love their crab cake sandwich. It's grilled to perfection, lump crab meat, seasoned well, and free of unnecessary fillers! Fries are amazing too, but most of their menu is! Can't wait for them to bring the calamari back. Best in town! The sangria is so good! It's got a unique spice to it! Definitely our favorite restaurant in Media thus far!Special Features:
- Our second visit....food wasTravelerVIPDined on 3/30/2013Our second visit....food was very good, mussels excellent! It needs to be refreshed, fabric seats stained, tablecloths would help too. Considering how good the food is, we were surprised it wasn't busier. As in our first visit, service was very slow.Special Features:
- Meals were delicious. BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013Meals were delicious. Beer list was interesting and good. We enjoyed everything we ordered. Only slight dislike was too much dressing on salads - but we tend to like less dressing in general. Would go back!Special Features:
- Stopped in for a lighter dinner,AlanSVIPDined on 3/22/2013Stopped in for a lighter dinner, salad and sandwiches, and really enjoyed it. The Sangria was flavorful and the Insalada Verte fresh with a light dressing and a very nice size. The chicken sandwich had different flavors in each bite, although the tomato wasn't great and detracted from the flavors. The Pablo burger was excellent, and the carmelized onions on both sandwiches accentuated the food. The hand-cut fries were also very good; maybe a little too much salt, but we didn't leave any on the plate.Special Features: