Picasso on Paseo
3009 Paseo Dr
Oklahoma City, OK 73103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Picasso on Paseo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.picassosonpaseo.com/
- Phone: 4056022002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Contemporary American, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: John Madore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Picasso Cafe is proud to offer custom catering services. Each event is a new, unique experience and we create a culinary experience tailored for a specific guest. Please visit our website to submit our discovery worksheet and someone will contact you shortly.
- Private Party Facilities: Picasso is versatile by design featuring a number of spaces which can be reserved for private seating. Often frequented areas include our organic, covered back patio, upstairs dining with private bar access, main dining room, The Vista-private dining for up to 8 with a beautiful view of The Paseo, our cozy atrium with leather couches and the relaxed feel of home or the private bar area.
- Private Party Contact: Marti Storie 4056022002
- Entertainment: Picasso is a proud supporter of the arts. We feature live, all original music performances each Friday and Saturday from 9.30-12am. Additionally we host a featured artist each month with an open-to-the-public reception each 1st Thursday of the month. Every third Tuesday is our "Veggie Dinner" featuring 5 farm to table courses by Executive Chef John Madore for just $23 also available with wine pairings. The last Wednesday of the month is "On Tap," a town hall style meeting held in conjunction with local NPR affiliate KOSU to discuss current events. Its never a dull moment at Picasso!
- Cross Street: NW 30th ST
- Public Transit: METRO Transit bus service is available to The Paseo--take route 4 bus 1 to find us.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The entirety of Paseo offers free street parking in addition to several public lots. The best way to experience The Paseo--which literally translates to "stroll"--is to meander through on foot. Immerse yourself in the arts at the numerous galleries and shop the various retail stores. This is a special place with a palpable feel--take your time and experience a little bit of everything.
A word from Picasso on Paseo
Picasso Cafe - Great Food is an ArtContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Picasso on Paseo - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Picasso on Paseo reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (67)fit for foodies (50)great for brunch (41)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (33)good for groups (33)late-night find (26)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (17)romantic (15)notable wine list (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Love Picasso'sRoshDined on 10/10/2014It was a great place for a work-related celebration and our food came out in a timely manner and the service was just right. I highly recommend Picasso's to other people on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Marevelous Mimosas!teachermomDined on 10/5/2014I have only visited Picasso for Sunday Brunch but it never disappoints. Every entree I have ordered has been tasty and well presented, but the "some-assembly-required" mimosas make the meal! I usually sit inside, but it is often a bit crowded & loud for comfortable conversation. If the weather is nice, by all means sit on the patio! It is dog-friendly but I wish they would not allow smoking - I hate it when just one person can 'muck up' the whole outdoors. The cafe does have a nice waiting area in the atrium, but if you remember to make reservations, you won't wait long.Special Features:
- Love the great refreshment in life!JCnOKCDined on 10/4/2014I LOVED the Surf - n - Turf special, both my date and I enjoyed this incredible entrée on Saturday evening, it was phenomenal! A great fusion of perfectly cooked beef with the starfruit salsa over polenta and asparagus. The grilled shrimp that garnished the dish were wonderfully seasoned and cooked perfectly. We also enjoyed refreshing beverages as prepared by the the extremely talented and creative mixologists behind the bar. I could not have asked for more!Special Features:
- Sumptuous Scallops!!!OttoMadikDined on 10/3/2014First time visit and it was a pleasant surprise that the food was even better than I imagined, given that I was told it was very good and not 5-star quality! I had the Carribean Scallops and the mango chutney was wonderful - my dinner partner had the Blackened Shrimp which she said was also wonderful. The Chocolate flour-free Cake was delicious! I like eclectic and the pressed tin ceiling caught my eye as well as one of the unusual sconce lamps. There were several groups at the longer tables and I could imagine bringing several people here to dine together - nothing went wrong, the food was great, server was very attentive. Picasso on Paseo is a definite keeper! 5-stars in my book! I would definitely recommend Picasso on Paseo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingDined on 10/2/2014We had a great time; enjoyed a drink in the bar. We were seated at our table promptly. I had a pizza that was super and one friend had a salad; another had the ahi tuna. All of us enjoyed our mealsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent! Service was perfect! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GApeach174VIPDined on 9/27/2014Love all the art! Food was great and service was right on even during a busy Satuday morning. First time there and will go back. Try the Blackened Shrimp Risotto and the soup special, creamy chicken curry, should be a menu item!Special Features:
- Best place for BrunchflowergirlDined on 9/21/2014The food is always great and the cocktails are great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceDiamond54Dined on 9/19/2014We have been to Picasso on numerous occasions and always find the food absolutely wonderful. We take friends to eat there and on a nice evening when the wind is just a gentle breeze and the temperatures are tolerable we like to sit outside and watch the people out and about in the Paseo District. This is without doubt our favorite place for meals and drinks in Oklahoma City. If you haven't tried the Italian Lemonade it will be a refreshing delight to you.Special Features:
- The Best For Sunday BrunchBrettDOkcDined on 9/14/2014Picasso on Paseo is our usual place for Sunday brunch. They have a very full menu with extras for Sunday brunch that bring regulars back and impress first-timers. Food is made from scratch in their kitchen. The menu items are unique to Picasso's and have been developed over time. For Sunday brunch The Debris is our favorite. The staff are experienced regulars who are known by customers and know their customers. Very important to us is that they are very familiar with OpenTable, and have honored every reservation that we have made through it. This is a top-rate locally-owned and operated neighborhood gathering place that brings in people from all over OKC because of the food, unique Paseo location, and service.Special Features:
- Why have you not been here before??VenittaVIPDined on 9/14/2014that's what I asked myself after one of the best brunch dining experiences EVER - and I'm from one of the restaurant meccas of the US - Houston. i truly can't identify one aspect that I felt needed improvement to better the experience - the ease of seating, especially during a busy dining cycle, the promptness and courtesy of the staff, the varied menu, the quality, presentation and timely arrival of the meal to check clearing was perfect! I can't gush about this place enough!! Oh and we made the reservation via Open Table and indicated, with apologies, that we'd have a 5 month old in tow - while kids certainly can alter the pleasantness of restaurant dining for everyone if unruly - not once were we made to feel unwanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a fun place to beDaveDined on 9/12/2014The crowd is always energetic, young, and alive. The food is great. The service is great. Picasso's is a Paseo gem that is a great place to go with friends and enjoy the evening with good food and drinks.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere. Good Pizza.aligirlDined on 9/12/2014The 85-year-old venue is vibrant and eclectic. My hubby loved the pizza, noting the delicious marinara sauce on his plain-ish pepperoni pie. I've also heard the burger is great. I have many dietary issues, and while the waitress was sympathetic to them, I was not able to get much of a meal because almost everything is pre-seasoned, marinated, or sauced. I ordered the special surf-and-turf (without the surf) and a side salad without dressing. Had to search out the waitress because the salad came out with dressing. I'm not the normal diner, so I understand.The only other critique I have is that the water people were a little over-zealous - interrupting our conversation every two minutes. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and reasonably pricedMichelle56VIPDined on 9/6/2014I was booking a reservation for a group of visiting friends and Picasso's was my choice because a) you can make a reservation, b) it's in an interesting part of the city, c) the prices are moderate, d) both the wine list and menu are interesting and varied. We had a great meal and a great time. Only complaint is that the music was a little louder than I would prefer.Special Features:
- Good as always.Holydiver35Dined on 9/5/2014My dinner tonight was good as always. It took a lil while to get to our table but the waitress did a great job.Special Features:
- What's not to love about his place?OkieFoodieDined on 9/4/2014The food, atmosphere, and service are superb! Great veggie and vegan options that even carnivores can enjoy! Good beer and wine selections with knowledgeable staff to make recommendations. Visit light night on weekends for fabulous local music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseVegetarianFoodieVIPDined on 9/1/2014We were driving cross country and came across this neighborhood gem and loved everything we had. Amazing salads and "pies" (eg pizza). I'm vegetarian and they definitely cater to a plant eating customer:-) Service was lovely as well. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great place!GLisaDined on 8/31/2014We have been here twice and have enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service both times! Wait staff is friendly and knowledgable about the menu. We've tried different items and all have been excellent! We will be back for sure!Special Features:
- dogwalkerDined on 8/31/2014First time to try this place. Very good experience. Definitely one out the better brunch locations in the metro. Impressive the way they were able to handle the waiting crowd at the 10:30 opening. Very efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - noisy roomCaldadDined on 8/29/2014We got there a little after 6:00 and there were only a few people eating. By 6:45 the place was getting crowded and the two of us could barley talk to each other over the table. The food was excellent. We had the risotto meatball appetizer - it was excellent! The rest of the dinner was great as well as the New York cheese cake we had for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!WonderfulDined on 8/23/2014Happy to find this gem! Perfect for the carnivores and veggies in our group..... Inexpensive, but great food! Give it a try...Special Features:
- Quite perfectAndyWVIPDined on 8/21/2014First time dining, everything was well prepared and tasty. Service was timely. Only comment it was really warm inside, appears to have no air conditioning and it was a typical Oklahoma August day with temps over 100F.Special Features:
- Love this place!SeannerzDined on 8/20/2014Great food and atmosphere! Macaroni and cheese is to die for!Special Features:
- Incredible Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Truly exceptional service and outstanding food. Sit on the patio for a fanastic dining experience. You'd swear you're in some Tuscan cafe, under the trees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreeatouteverymealVIPDined on 8/15/2014Pretzel was great...sauces not. Salad was good...lobster bisque runny. "Stroganoff" was WAY over mushroomed...not edible to even a mushroom lover.
- Where food is an artFloMofoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great find in OKC arts district. Our reservation was early and we were seated quickly by a knowledgable hostess who told our party about a couenof her favorites and one of the chef special flatbreads. Our wait person had to refer to her notes and then go ask. Service was slow throughout the meal. Also, if seated near the back of room be prepared to smell the smoke from outdoor smoking area. Otherwise this was a fantastic meal, great apps and chef's special pizza was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food at Reasonable PricesyophillyDined on 8/9/2014This neighborhood gem has an eclectic menu, very good food and reasonable prices. What more could you ask for? I have eaten at Picasso for brunch and for dinner. At prime brunch hour, the huevos rancheros and Bloody Mary were great, but the noise level was pretty high. I returned a week later with a party of 5 for dinner. Among the 5 were some foodies and some with a very restricted palate. Everyone was happy with their food. If you go with a group, try to reserve the big table in the front window--it is almost like a private dining room, and the noise level is much lower.Special Features:
- A regular place to visitTiffanyDined on 8/8/2014I love coming here a few times a month. I stick to the same things because I'm picky but the hubby usually has the special and is always impressed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!GreatFoodDined on 8/3/2014Try the biscuits & omelette bar! Pretty noisy, we could barely hear each other, but great food though!Special Features:
- last minute findRord58VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were looking for a last minute dinner stop and Picasso delivered. Great food and service. It's quite the happening place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMoSWhiteDined on 8/1/2014I have been in love with Picasso's ever since I first found them, to the point that whenver I am in OKC you will find me there. The food, service, and people are always great. For some patrons the noise level can be a tad bit high, but I feel it speaks to the vibrant/eclectic group of people who dine here. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- The service...ReneeDined on 7/27/2014The food was very good, however it was the service that I enjoyed so much. We had a waiter, Nathan, I believe. He was just a joy, I absolutely loved his service. He was nice, very friendly, knew the dishes off the top of his head, and just an outstanding worker. I was very pleased to have him wait on us. Other than that, it was our anniversary dinner for three years, the restaurant itself was definitely something different, based out in the Arts District, I can understand why. It was a bit noisy, and the food had nothing to complain about. Overall experience was really good, I was glad to have gone there. A++ to all the employees there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatjoshualim87Dined on 7/27/2014Great for brunch. The brunch is amazing and the staff is always friendly and remembers regulars like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysXsuntanherDined on 7/27/2014I have never been disappointed when coming to Picasso. Food, service, atmosphere...they have it all. As my husband told the chef at the omelet station, we attended a magic show in Eureka Springs....and he was much more entertaining than that was! (No disrespect to Eureka though....it too is one of our favorite places to go!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot (not the food)DeltaWhiskeyDined on 7/25/2014Air conditioning was either completely out or seriously malfunctioning on the evening of our visit. Our Open Table reservation was confirmed, and we were seated immediately at 7PM on a Saturday night. My wife and I both had the blackened shrimp risotto, which was excellent. Service was good, but given given that the restaurant was un-airconditioned on a 100 degree day, I think they should have comped the wine or given us a complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Brightman79Dined on 7/22/2014The food here is wonderful. If you come here in the summer months, dress very lightly as their air conditioner is awful. Otherwise, this place is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy & differentHappyDinerDined on 7/21/2014The yummy food is unlike any other place in OKC with a diverse selection. It is great to go with a group and "share bites" so as to try more of the menu. I have enjoyed everything I have tried. The atmosphere is very avant garde' and artsy which enhances the dining experience.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious, the service was superb the noise level was so high from the bar area that we could not hear our waitress tell us about the nights special. This was our first time and we both had headaches when we left from the noise. We will go back one more time before we wright this of our list of places to eat because we loved the food and service. Also their Key Lime pie was the best we had ever tasted in all of OKC's Restuarant's. We are hoping this was a freak experience on the noise level coming from the bar due to a large party there and the fact the bar and Restuarant is one large open areaSpecial Features:
- Artistic food lovers paradisetreyedmondDined on 7/18/2014Last night was our first experience with Picasso and it was great. The menu was new and exciting, which I love. The gourmet Mac & Cheese was literally one of the best I have ever had and I tried it in some of the best restaurants around the country. My wife is on a gluten-free diet and the server was very knowledgeable about the menu and the specifics about the gluten. He even went and asked the chef once just to be sure. Great beer selection, good wine list and fun place to enjoy a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Night EverOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014Truly exceptional service and food! Made for one of our best dining experiences ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.