Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse
5020 Keystone Crossing `
Eau Claire, WI 54701Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 7155144802
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse
New Bazilian steakhouse in Eau Claire!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Eau Claire ›
Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DisappointmentTigerMoonDined on 8/10/2014Worst service, with the exception of the waitress, that I have ever dealt with. Everything is usually awesome any other time I have went in the past. Servers were rude and very slow, offering hardly any choices for the Rodizio, food was burnt, overdone, and dry.
- otterDined on 7/18/2014had a coupon, server forgot to bring extra cheese ballsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014A fun place to eat. Food was very good. Loved the grilled pineapple and the grilled meats. The salad was unique and very delicious, too. Black beans had a bit too much cumin for my taste but looked attractive. Hot water for tea was a little stingy, a pot of hot water would have been nice.Special Features:
- Ken1949Dined on 6/16/2014The restaurant is a nice addition to Eau Claire as it provides a different type of dining experience, the Brazillian Steak House. For people who like a lot of meat, it is great as you can eat as much as you like. Service staff were wonderful. They were willing to explain the different types of meat available and were constantly asking if we needed anything else.Special Features:
- favoritegearheadDined on 6/15/2014Picanha is my favorite place in Eau Claire WI. Although my last visit the pork tenderloin was very dry, but every other time and every thing else is and always is AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- daddyDined on 6/15/2014Having tried other Brazilian steakhouses before, albeit not in Wisconsin, we expected the Rodizio experience to have more selections. We counted around 8 choices, whereas our previous experiences had 15+ choices for about the same price. The salad bar was pretty good though. We liked the mashed potatoes, those little sausages, and the salmon. Of the Rodizio, we liked the picanha, the barbecued chicken, and abacaxi (the grilled pineapple). The rest are so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent Food and atmosphere! Will visit the restaurant again and recommend to all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankieDined on 5/31/2014Had to wait 15 min after being seated for a waitress to come. Prime rib was very bland and really fatty. Would not recommend.
- AwesomehungryDined on 5/30/2014I absolutely love Picanha. However, I can really only afford to go unless I have a buy one, get one rodizio coupon. youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the Picanha - The Brazilian Steakhouse reviews archive.
- expensive & very little food servedLuvtoDineDined on 5/16/2014Food was amazing. Everything else I was not impressed by. I made a reservation requesting1 high chair & 1 booster seat. Apparently you can only use a high chair if your seated at a table. All tables were full & we were told we would have to wait over 1 hr. So making a reservation is pointless. Then when we were seated & the all you can eat buffet where they cut meat & veggies off of scewers for you started my plate was empty more then it had food on it. They took way to long to serve at tables. When I looked around no one was being served for long periods of time. It was a lot of money spent to be setting with a empty plate most of the time. The little bit of food I did taste was really good. It was our 1st & probably last time goingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I wanted to try this new hot spot due to all of the great reviews that I was hearing. It was truly outstanding. The food is wonderfuly delicious, from the salad through the main course. We didn't try the dessert, due to all of the other food that we tried that night. I would recommend this resturant to all of my family and friends. Wallah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014We went for the first time on our wedding anniversary. There was no Brazilian abiance. When I booked I did state it was our wedding anniversary, but no mention of it or anything the whole time we were there. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was very good, but never offered more of the cheese bread that could have been offered again. But there was just nothing special about it at all. We walked out and said it was like any other restaurant. We didn't feel any "experience" as it states on their website. I don't think we would go back as we were expecting "more".
- DisappointingAmm0009Dined on 5/11/2014We have dined at Picanha previously and had great experiences. This time I can't say the same. The prices were raised for Mother's Day which was fine, except that they cut out regular offerings from the rodezio service just for that night-some of which were the main reasons we go there in the first place. Instead they had a cold buffet and shrimp included with the meal. Aside from the disappointment with the menu, one of the gouchos seemed very disinterested in his job, showing no enthusiasm whatsoever when he came to our table to offer us whatever he had on his skewer. One of the times, he even seemed to huff off after one of us asked for two helpings of meat. This experience has made me question whether we ever want to go again.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BuffetDining4twoDined on 5/11/2014Food was outstanding. I thought I would love the cheese cake squares as the best dessert, but loved the chocolate cake and the mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening out with the family!EauClaireResidentDined on 5/10/2014We made on line reservations, arrived and we were seated right away. Great food experience followed. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencetjlovetoeatoutDined on 5/9/2014First time there. Had great food and service. A fun place to go. Will definately go again.Special Features:
- Great foodfamilyof4Dined on 5/1/2014Went to Picanha for the first time and it was amazing! All of it! The food, the service, the atmosphere! Will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- outstandinggearheadDined on 4/28/2014The best food in eau Claire by far. Best steak hands down. The pineapple is out of this world. Cannot get enough of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picanha DinnerCaptainRickDined on 4/26/2014Great experience. Rodizio dinner is exceptional. Variety of proteins and overall selections were outstanding. Service was outstanding. We like our beef very rare and servers catered to our request. Salad, potato's, and beans were cooked to perfection. Servers kept our drinks full and were very professional. We recommend to our friends all the time. My teenage daughters love coming here.Special Features:
- Hidden treasureFoodie2Dined on 4/23/2014Excellent service and food at a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServerChipFlsDined on 4/18/2014Service was excellent. Food was wonderful and the servers were around in a very timely fashion.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencedachshund8Dined on 4/18/2014We love everything about this place! I also like the Open table ability to reserve a spot "at the last minute" if need be. For the most part, the wait staff and servers are very friendly and accommodating. The only thing I would suggest, is that the male managers go around more to the tables and ask how the experience is. We see them just standing around observing and this doesn't give a friendly appearance.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereBrazSHloverDined on 4/12/2014Our server and was very helpful and informative on the food, wine and our whole experience. The gauchos were on the spot and always close at hand with another taste sensation. From the excellent different flavors in the salad to the amazing flavor of each different meat we sampled we were not disappointed. We had no room for dessert but we will be back soon and try to hold back on the main course so we can try the desserts. Great place for a large group of people, a few friends or a couple out for a night. Reservations are definitely the best way to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfirsttimerDined on 4/5/2014would have liked to see more of the meat choices and less vegies. Maybe a sign for less veggies? Took a while for our drinks but overall good. Would go again for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed a great meal anddachshund8Dined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed a great meal and our server, Elizabeth was one of the friendliest, nicest server we have ever had here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantMargyDined on 3/29/2014I recommend Picanha - the Brazilian Steakhouse in Eau Claire very highly. The experience is really fun and the food is delicious! This place is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner with family or childrenRundgren52Dined on 3/28/2014You start with a server and drinks, then a salad. Garlic mashed potatoes and a black bean dish are served as sides with some chewy almost gummy rolls. Then your are offered several chicken, beef, pork and vegetable items, all marinated and cooked on skewers. The staff slice fom the skewers and serve. Most of the meat dishes are good, some slightly overcooked and offered repeatedly until you say enough. Overall, a good meal for 20 dollars plus drinks. Bottles of wine are available for 20 dollars. It was loud and really not a place for a romantic evening out unless you like to wear camo and baseball hats. But if you are looking for a fun time out with children or friends, then this would be a good choice. Make a reservation, it gets busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steak!!gerkatmDined on 3/25/2014Our steaks were very tender and done to perfection. We did not care for the potatoes (do not like garlic) and would request an alternative next visit. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gemECHuskyDined on 3/22/2014Our first visit for lunch. Outstanding. I wish more people came. The cost is pretty high for the Rodezio Experience however. $10 - $12 would be a more appropriate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good overall..but..kandiDined on 3/15/2014The food was delicious and an interesting experience When i walked in, it looked like all the customers were enjoying themselves. The workers holding the skewers for the rodizio seemed calm and collected. However, the waitresses and waiters were not so much... it took a while for them to come to our table once we were seated. I work in a restaurant too and totally understand that food service can be really stressful, but they were (literally) running hectically all over the place! some of them were slouched over, and had very concerned, worried expressions on their faces. It was pretty distracting and I was concerned for them myself most of my visit. Other than that, it was good and I will probably come back fore the food sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar issueHat93Dined on 3/15/2014You state that you have a full bar, it was my 21st birthday dinner with my family and I wanna a miller high life but you guys didn't have it. If it was a full bar you guys would have it, I think it would be a good idea to get that beer. I was not the only one who tried to order that beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mm...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014As soon as we walked in the door we could smell the food mm... we were greeted by a friendly staff and asked if we had a reservation, I replied 4 for Lar---. I blew it when we arrived from out of town without a reservation on valentines day. If you want to eat a really excellent meal, Make a reservation and bring your appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodEjwalkerDined on 3/7/2014I had a real good time eating at Picanha. The all you can eat was an experience. Was in a meat coma when we left. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencedachshund8Dined on 3/1/2014Food was hot and tasty, friendly service, and all in all it was a very great experience. Love the online reservation feature as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014We went on a ?Friday at 4:30, so before the rush...food was hot and excellent, the salad and popover-like buns were great, and the meat skewers were awesome......definitely will be back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply WonderfulMusicDined on 2/22/2014There were eight of us and all had a great time! My wife and I had been there before but the other six had not. They all thought the evening was much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.Steaklover3Dined on 2/16/2014I have been to Brazilian steak houses before and have always found a couple of meats to absolutely rave about! My experience at Picanha was really a let down. We kept repeating the same phrase whenever they brought us another new meat, and that was, "the potatoes are good!". The weird bread dough balls were not even good. I barely finished the one I tried. If I ever went back , I would try a more traditional steak instead of the all you can eat thing. But, if I want a traditional sirloin steak, I would rather go across the street to Texas Roadhouse. Their steaks are the best I've had, and their bread and appetizers are way better.
- love love love!pdiddyDined on 2/14/2014I've been here twice now and both times I've been thrilled! I love the food and the atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, lots of waiters/waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great service, lots of waiters/waitress to sever you, my plate was never empty! I would eat there again.Special Features:
- first visitduckyDined on 2/14/2014Being that it was valentine day. I expected it to be busy- I made the reservation on line. That was great. The food was enjoyable. The serving staff was good but did not seem happy. Had to ask for the bread for our table. I will go back on maybe not such a busy night. The booth did not offer much room to sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.