Picanha Churrascaria - Burbank
269 E. Palm Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Picanha Churrascaria - Burbank
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://picanharestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8189722100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hamilton Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private area available for up to 20 people and the entire restaurant can host private parties of up to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Hoppe 8189722100
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights feature soft Brazilian Jazz and Latino music.
A word from Picanha Churrascaria - Burbank
Picanha Restaurant serves up traditional Brazilian style churrascaria in two beautifully decorated locations - Palm Desert and Burbank, California. The Burbank restaurant is centered in the entertainment district of the Media City Center, while the Palm Desert restaurant offers a beautiful outdoor patio perfect for warm desert evenings. Picanha provides more than delicious food - visitors step into the complete Brazilian cowboy dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Picanha Churrascaria - Burbank reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The food quality has gone downmrivas57Dined on 5/11/2014I have been, before, in that restaurant and did enjoy the food. This time I did not. The meat variety, which is the main reason why we went to the restaurant, was poor and, their quality, not as good as before. Limited to brazilian sausages and hotdogs (which we were offered 6 times or more), 1 type of chicken (6 times) , picanha meat (3 times) and, maybe, once or twice they offered some other type of meat. That was basically it. Definitely not worth the price we paid for the branch.
- Not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/7/2014Used to eat at this restaurant very often several years ago so was happy I had the opportunity to come back on a business trip. Overall a bit of a disappointment. Had only one gaucho serving who was very nice but should have been more servers as there was quite a bit of time between servings. Also the food quality although okay, was not nearly where it was a few years ago or up to other Churrascaria's. Relatively small selection of meats and the quality was not up to par.
- The following 256 reviews are from the Picanha Churrascaria - Burbank reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2014We picked this place because of a Groupon, but I wouldn't come back even with a deal. Compared to Fogo de Chao the food was subpar and the service of the meat was incredibly slow with skewers coming out few and far in between. Wouldn't recommend at all.
- Dinner was okBryan886VIPDined on 4/5/2014The service was not that great. We sat down and was immediately brought water and bread. But after that we constantly we're looking around for service, the gauchos kept passing up our table. It wasn't till the supervisor walked by and saw me looking around that she stopped and asked if everything was ok.Special Features:
- Quality has gone downdiner2244Dined on 3/5/2014I have gone here for years, dating back over 15 years. I have notice my last two visits within the last year the service staff has been cut back greatly, leading to longer wait times for the food to come around. This night one waiter was taking drink orders and servicing all the tables for the entire location. Also this time I noticed most of the food taste was more bland than I recall. My girlfriend I and I were really disappointed.Special Features:
- Just expected moreEricFDined on 2/14/2014I've been to similar restaurants before and this place did not differentiate itself at all. There was nothing particularly special or outstanding. Some of the meats were OK (teriyaki beef and parmesan chicken-not exactly why one would go to a churrascaria) and some were not (polish sausage and overcooked parmesan pork). The atmosphere could have been a little nicer with a few little touches like putting a screen in front of the soda station.Special Features:
- valentines dinnerJSSSDined on 2/14/2014We use to go here a lot, but haven't been in a while. Things have definitely changed. The servers bringing out the meat, were extremely slow. All the beef, was way over cooked, dry, and almost unchewable. We could see them on the other side of the restaurant with ribs, but that never made it to us. Sorry to say, we will not go back. We pretty much paid $50 dollars a person for a little bit of chicken and sausage. Very disappointed.
- Had a nice time.DomnmasonVIPDined on 1/18/2014I just think that they should have more waiters going around with the meat. I just seemed like a long time in between each cut. But loved it and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatyJennyVIPDined on 1/7/2014Delicious meats but not as big of a selection as other churrascarias.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatBh345xhVIPDined on 1/5/2014If you're looking for a special place for dinner, this isn't it. Most of the meats were dried out and over cooked. It's serviceable, but that's about it.
- Poorly staffed=Dreadul ExperienceKarideFlorDined on 1/4/2014The restaurant appeared to be understaffed due to the lack of service and attention that we received on our visit. No menu's were offered, our order of drinks were rushed. Side dishes were warm leaning towards the colder side at the buffet and limited compared to other Brazilian Steakhouses. Waited long enough that we finished our side dishes before the first Gaucho came by with meats to choose from. Bread basked was received closer to end of our meal than at the beginning. I was very disapointed with the overall experience.
- Great hot & cold salad bar,PetieVIPDined on 12/12/2013Great hot & cold salad bar, and gauchos that come around with the latest, tastiest meats off the spit, make for a delicious, fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/21/2013It was our first time to go here and when we got to the restaurant, we had to stand around a bit as no one was approaching us. They weren't even crowded. People who works there were just standing around talking. Then when we got seated, we were seated at a corner. Food did not get to us fresh, we weren't served right away. We basically did a lot of waiting around for the food that wasn't even all that. Will not go back here. Thanks for the wine that made the experience bearable.
- overall goodspunkysmurfDined on 11/15/2013service was amazing. food and pricing was average compared to other brazilian restaurants i've been in around the country. i would come here again.Special Features:
- docsVIPDined on 11/9/2013If you like all you can eat for a fixed price this place is high quality and a must visit.Special Features:
- Greeted formally. FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012Greeted formally. Friendly service. Phone taking into the back for deal redemption - did not appreciate. Nice open feel to the restaurant. Salad bar/hot bar decent but lacking in selection. Escabeche-like selection were nice accompaniment to meat. Cilantro nice, beans on hot bar tasty. Signs still up for items no longer on the bar. Beef as flavorless and sometimes very dry. White-meat skewer dry and flavorless. Spicy chicken, lamb, pork ribs and sausage juicy and very flavorful. Constant whine of spits - need to be oiled - very annoying.
- Not Bad but Definitely Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/27/2012First, it bears stating that the churrasco (the rotisserie meats) is perfectly fine and tasty - no worse (but no better) than any other churrascaria. Unfortunately, the salad bar (to me, an integral part of the churrascaria experience) was disappointing - though fresh, no one bothered to taste any of it so everything was bland and utterly unimaginative; what a sadly missed opportunity to really stand out (let's face it, there's only so many ways you can dress the Brazilian meats themselves). Lastly, our gaucho was attentive and made sure that we were well taken care of (but I didn't really enjoy being seated next to the wait station in an otherwise empty restaurant and having wait staff uncomfortably standing over our table).
- We got there late and onlyDanielVIPDined on 5/14/2012We got there late and only a few tables remained (8:30pm) on this Monday night. The food was very tasty and fresh and the service was good. This is a special occasion place for me and my family since it boasts lots of meat on the menu. You have to be somewhat of a carnivore to come, but once you do... eat away for the food is great. Happy there are establishments around that satisfy this craving. BravoSpecial Features:
- I have been to a few otherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I have been to a few other Brazilian "all-you-can-eat" type restaurants - so, I was filled with anticipation (the night before) on being in steak heaven! To be frank, most of the beef & chicken were overcooked and very dry. The tri-tip steak, however, was excellent - which was actually the part of the menu that I wanted the most. The service and the waiters were VERY ATTENTIVE! Always coming around with the different cuts & styles. At the other places that I had been to - you could tell the staff were intentionally slower with their service; but not here. The servers were coming around so fast & so often that I (for the first time) actually had to put our "wooden shaker" on RED (indicating to stop bringing food around). It was niceSpecial Features:
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012Eh.... the meat was ok, the food was better at the buffet. I wouldn't go back it's too expensive for the quality
- This restaurant has theirOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2012This restaurant has their act "together" from their table staff on up to the manager. It's fine-tuned with great attention to the buffet line being re-supplied systematically, meat servers roamed the room frequently and two waitresses appeared to check on our needs. The quality of the food was excellent and wish I had the capacity to go back for more helpings of this & that than I did. Dessert was offered, but where would I put it? No room at the "inn!" 8:)Special Features:
- Not worth it if you eat like a birdluv2eatVIPDined on 4/14/2012Service was great. Friendly staff. The manager visited and spoke with the customers. The meats were tasty and the salads were fresh. We usually bring friends from out of town to get the dining experience and we come hungry! Not cheap. Don't come here if you are picky or eat like a bird.Special Features:
- I enjoyed my dinner here butSalMontesDined on 4/13/2012I enjoyed my dinner here but the choices of meat were not that many as in other Churrascaria's,they had more chicken choices then other places,but there are oh so many other red meat options, wanted to really enjoy this place to come back,but with time i might give it another try. Have had better. Service is good though,on point to your needs.Special Features:
- Most meat was either undercookedjon5ctsVIPDined on 4/11/2012Most meat was either undercooked or overcooked and all was over-seasoned. Salad bar was fresh and not too bad. Sorry, but I was really underwhelmed.
- The Meat was on the cold side,Steakhouse789Dined on 4/8/2012The Meat was on the cold side, very very rare. The service took forever, looks like they could have used more help.
- I think the food at Picanhagbs12345VIPDined on 4/7/2012I think the food at Picanha is always very good. The atmosphere is fun and it's an easy place to go -- particularly if you're on a schedule as you pace yourself there. The meats are excellent and the accompanying salad bar and hot side dish bar is always good.Special Features:
- I can't wait to return!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Good food and great service and as much of whatever you want, how can you go wrong! We defiantly will be back.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly staff,PetieVIPDined on 4/4/2012Great food, friendly staff, fun dinning experience!Special Features:
- Great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012The food and service were excellent. Too noisy as the night went on.Special Features:
- If you are a meat eater, thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2012If you are a meat eater, this is the place for you. The noise level was quite high..Special Features:
- Very good food and very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/11/2012Very good food and very good service - this is one of our new favoritesSpecial Features:
- Simple and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012This was my first time at Picanha so i decided to bring my child and her mother along for lunch. I had the lunch buffet on friday right when the restaurant opened. I was immediately seated and since I had the buffet there were no issues getting my food on time. The cuts of meat and sausages were delicious, the sides were good as well. I plan on eating here again sooner than later. My daughter is 10 months old and she really enjoyed eating the rice and beans!Money well spent.
- This place was fun and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2012This place was fun and the food was served non-stop!Special Features:
- Friendly and attentive serviceDaltonDined on 1/7/2012Friendly and attentive service and excellent food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Always a great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011Always a great restaurant! This place is becoming our new years eve tradition... last 3 NYEs.Special Features:
- We were seated and servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011We were seated and served by our waitress promptly! The "buffet" style serving was a pleasant escape from your traditional menu. The foods that were suppose to be hot were hot and the cold foods were cold! Our server was very nice; she was attentive and made sure we had everything we needed!Special Features:
- NEW YEARS EVE LUNCH WAS RUSHED!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Was not happy that we were rushed through our Lunch experience! We made reservations online and had ONLY 2 CHOICES for reservations. 11am or 2:15PM The restaurant was extremely available with only 1 group of 8 people in the restaurant. We could have came at 12:30 and would not have to be rushed to eat before the grill was closing!! Also, I called the restaurant the night before and I was told that the restaurant was open ALL AFTERNOON for NEW YEARS EVER!! This was not the case, because they rushed us to finish lunch in 45 minutes because they had to close the grill at 3pm!! Was not happy with that!!
- Really disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011I'm sorry but I just can't rate anything good about this restaurant. Having been a restaurant manager myself, I know what type of expectations customers might have and I know what my basic expectations are as well. Having such a good experience with the San Francisco location, I thought the Burbank location would be an excellent place to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday. From the moment I stepped in, the lack of customer service was insurmountable. It didn't make a difference that I made a reservation in advance, I still ended up waiting 45 minutes for my seat with the waiter ignoring me. The ambiance resembled a food court. And, nothing wow'd me about the food. I could've cooked everything from home with the same success.
- Our waitress was out to lunch.DeborahDined on 12/30/2011Our waitress was out to lunch. Had to ask her and remind her of things multiple times. Overcharged us and I needed to point out error. Food was alright. Wish salad bar was more varied. Manager was friendly.Special Features:
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011The service was horrible. The food was fair. We had a 30 min wait time with reservations.