Piazza - Dahlonega
24 East Main Street
Dahlonega, GA 30533Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piazza - Dahlonega
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piazza-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7068679881
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Mason
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer Full Service Catering
A word from Piazza - Dahlonega
Piazza is North Georgia’s best Italian Restaurant. Piazza has been pleasing diners for the last seven years on the quaint Historic Dahlonega Square. We are best known for our consistency and quality of food. Piazza’s chefs prepare all menu items in house including our Desserts, Raviolis, and Lasagna.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piazza - Dahlonega reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our server (don't rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Our server (don't remember his name, unfortunately, but he is a songwriter along with waiting on us) was excellent. very personable and friendly.....helped with selections and was prompt and accurate with orders.Special Features:
- Several of us had ravioli.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012Several of us had ravioli. There was too much sauce on the ravioli and the sauce was acceptable but not very good. One person in our party had the Chicken Pesto over pasta and the pesto sauce was very runny and not very good. Overall it was a disappointing choice.
- First timers who will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2012Great restaurant and food! Love the ravioli! The large family style table salad and warm bread with olive oil dip was too die for! Took our extra home as it was just going to get pitched and finished the salad the next day for lunch! Great value and had great service from our waitress! Only down side was the initial unfriendly contact with hostess who even though we had a reservation seemed flustered when we showed up 10 minutes early. Had to sit in the side room when would have preferred the front room but that turned out to be okay, once it filled up and we were not the only ones there!Special Features:
- Piazza is a really good restraunt.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Piazza is a really good restraunt. From the time you walk in to the time you leave you will be fully satisfied. They also have ecellent customer service and the waitstaff is truly extrordinary. This is one of my favorite restruants in DahlonegaSpecial Features:
- Food is always excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Food is always excellent. Right down town Dahlonega. Entries include all the salad you want. Bread is always fresh. served with seasoned oil. We like the window table. We made reservations because relatives from Florida gave us a surprise visit. Yes, they enjoyed it also. We highly recommend this restaurant. There are other locations. We just prefer this location. We just learned that the building they are in is 100 years old. A lot of interesting Gold Rush history here. I know you will really enjoy the food also.Special Features:
- Great people and a nice placeTheGeneralVIPDined on 4/15/2012Great people and a nice place for a stop-off lunch when you are in the area
- The food was BLAND! Had toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2012The food was BLAND! Had to add salt to everything. My son's meatballs were burned. My husband's sausage was tough and overcooked. My dish required artichokes and the cook neglected to add them to my dish. Very sad to get a meal like that especially after making special reservation and being on the road all day. One good dish was the mussels. Will NOT come back!
- We get to Dahlonega 1-2 timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012We get to Dahlonega 1-2 times per year and always make it a point to dine at Piazza. The food and service are consistently good. Meets or beats any Italian restaurant in our home town Savannah.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal very much,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2012Enjoyed our meal very much, dining before a music event nearby. Service was very good, portions were generous. Had a delicious ravioli sampler with salad. Bread was excellent. Wine choices were decent. Would definitely return when I have time to linger.
- The food is good - we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2012The food is good - we have been there several times. However, this time I ordered Chicken Marsala and got a baked chicken breast on noodles with spagetti sauce. Not Marsala.Special Features:
- Have not been in a long time.....brOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Have not been in a long time.....brought several girlfriends who really needed to be treated in a special way who had a terrible year.....service was not great and food was not hot or cooked wellSpecial Features:
- First of all glad you haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011First of all glad you have asked these questions. First, we did have a good table. But it went downhill from then on. If you are going to have Georgia mtn trout advertised by all means you should have it back in the kitchen,(especially at the holidays!) Was not available.... We ordered an appetizer that was supposed to be fried zucchini,well we received a side order of sautéed vegetables (?) My husband ordered unsweetened tea and had to continuously ask for refills and ask for ice...Now here is the thing that was the kicker, my meal which was the fetticini Alfredo (noodles and sauce only) came to me and the portion was MAYBE a tablespoon and a half.Well I was not going ask for more, but it was VERY noticeable!!!! NOt a GOOD EXPERIENCE
- Too many wait staff servingNGADOGDined on 12/10/2011Too many wait staff serving one table. Never knew who was in charge of our table and it made the service disjointed. Have eaten there several times and this was the first time we did not have a designated wait staff.Special Features:
- I hadn't eaten at Piazza inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011I hadn't eaten at Piazza in quite a while, but, my memories were all good from past visits. This visit only confirmed my previous experience. A long overdue dinner with my best friend for her birthday couldn't have been any better. My other friends have already grown weary of listening to me talk about it! While the entire meal was outstanding, the Tomato Stack was one of the most memorable elements. Thanks for a wonderful beginning to an evening to remember.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2011Small and quaint. Great for couples. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Food was very good but wasjasonVIPDined on 7/23/2011Food was very good but was I disappointed that the main course came just 3-4 minutes after the appetizers and the table was a mass of plates. Pet peeve.
- DO NOT EAT THEREOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2011Live nearby & gone there for 4 years. NEVER AGAIN! Ate at 6pm Sun, not busy. Took two new resident couples to dinner. They were totally disapointed. Incompetent waitress. One entre could not be eaten (lasagna) - so over cooked/dried out, could not cut with knife. They even said it was burnt when they served it. So it went back. After rest of group had finished dinner - the repacement lasagna arrived. Six retired community residents who eat out often will NEVER eat there again - and will tell friends that Piazzas has gone down the drain! This has happened before when the owner opened another resturant. This is the LAST time for us!
- I've been a fan of PiazzaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2011I've been a fan of Piazza since I became a student at the collge in '05. I've moved on from Dahlonega but know that I can always return to a friendly atmosphere at Piazza when in town. They have a nice wine selction and the menu is very easy to read. Various items on the menu but not overload like many other Itlian restaruants. I'm a sucker for the gnocci or the lasagna. Dad had the grilled salmon and enjoyed it and mom had a sampling. All good things were mentioned about the three entrees. Complimentary bread and salad are tasty too. Our only discomfort was that the restaurant got quite hot and smokey. Otherwise it was a great meal once again.Special Features:
- Had heard great reviews aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2011Had heard great reviews about Piazza, but we were disappointed. Their "fryer" was not working the night we were there which limited the menu (including, oddly, the scallopini, which I thought was sauteed, not "fried"). The eggplant parmesean was ok (somehow they were able to do this without fryer), but the spinach/walnut ravioli was sitting in fishy tasting oil. Not good. The service is weak but not horrible. They just seem kind of scattered. The bread was good, but dipping oil was mostly balsamic vinegar(!?) Salad was good - but definitely get the dressing on the side.
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/21/2011We had a wonderful experience. The endless salad bowl with the light and delicious dressing was a favorite. The stuffed shells just melted in your mouth and were rich and full of seafood. The steaks were tender and the perfect size for the "girls." The entire experience was GREAT.Special Features:
- I always love going to Piazza...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2011I always love going to Piazza... really good food and very friendly waitstaff! It's my favorite spot in Dahlonega for dinner.
- Good food & atmosphere. GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011Good food & atmosphere. Group behind us was so close their conversation was distracting. Waitress seemed overworked & in a hurry.Special Features:
- The food is excellent, withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011The food is excellent, with very reasonable prices. Bread and salad are included with entrées. Waitress was very accommodating.Special Features:
- We made out reservations FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2010We made out reservations Friday afternoon and didn't have any issues whatsoever. We were seated promptly and we enjoyed the meal immensely.Special Features:
- Food and service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Food and service was great as always. Two particularly LOUD tables made us leave earlier than preferred. We have always liked the noise level of this restaurant but, this time was too much. We're in our lower 40s. The table next to us, older couple, told us they thought the evening was just too loud for them as well.Special Features:
- I've been to Piazza on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2010I've been to Piazza on several occasions. I decided to take a house guest to experience this quaint little spot in Dahlonega. Unfortunately, this was the most disappointing experience that I've had there. Usually I go on the weekends and everything seems to much better. I'm hoping the regular chef and staff were off that night??Special Features:
- Piazza's is a quaint diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2010Piazza's is a quaint dining experience on the Dahlonega square that features traditional Italian cuisine. The whole wheat crust pizza that I had was crispy and delectable,and the pesto topping was a perfect balance of fresh basil and garlic. Their house salad is the best I've had in a long time with a dressing that incorporates their fresh pesto sauce. It features all the traditional items of an antipasto salad and doesn't scrimp on the ingredients. The seating can get a little crowded, but the service was wonderful with a friendly staff ready to keep their customers satisfied. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Awesome food, awesome atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2010Awesome food, awesome atmosphere, great waitress. I would eat here again and would recommend to my friends!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. AOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2010The food was excellent. A unique menu different from Italian chains. Service was a little forgetful.Special Features:
- The great food and the wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010The great food and the wonderful service we got from our waitress, Caitlyn, made the evening perfect.Special Features:
- Our group of six thoroughlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010Our group of six thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Piazza. The food and service were excellent and the friendly staff accomodated our request to be finished by a certain time in order to attend a show in the neighborhood. Overall great small town eatery. We were excited to learn that they plan to open another location nearer to our home.Special Features:
- The menu seemed to overstateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010The menu seemed to overstate the entrees.....got less than expected.
- The food and service are great.ChattFoodieDined on 5/3/2010The food and service are great. We were a little disappointed that with all the room in the restaurant, they put every diner there in the same little room. It was hard to have a romantic time while having to listen to everyone else's loud conversations. Annoying.Special Features:
- Server was very friendly SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/28/2010Server was very friendly Salad was slow so food came too quickly
- I went to Piazza on the recommendatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2010I went to Piazza on the recommendation of a co-worker. My wife and I have not had the opportunity to go to dinner, just the two of us in quite a while, and we wanted it to be very nice. We have two children and we just do not have the chance to be alone very often so when we do it must be special. Piazza's did not disappoint, food was excellent, service was friendly and courteous, but not bothersome, they were there when needed and no more, that to me is great service. There is no doubt Piazza's has become one of our favorites with just one visit. If you can pass the word, thank them for us, we had a great time!Special Features:
- You're in wine country inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2010You're in wine country in Dahlonega. The wine glasses at this restaurant are what you might find at a Red Lobster. Big disappointment. Small, thick and the same size for all wines. Very pedestrian. But the food is good.Special Features:
- The only thing we didn't likeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2010The only thing we didn't like was the pace of the dinner. We got our food sooo fast and we like to take it slow and enjoy ourselves more. The food and service were really good though.Special Features:
- When I arrived for lunch noOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/1/2010When I arrived for lunch no one was in attendance at the Host Station. After several minutes of waiting, I went in search of help. I finally found a woman in the kitchen to seat me and my friend. I expressed my concern that no one was there to greet us when we arrived even though I made a reservation. No apology was made for our wait but rather a rude reply that the restaurant had only been open a few minutes! Frankly, it should not matter how long the restaurant had been open; the staff should be ready to serve customers as soon they open; and the staff should not make the customer feel bad for pointing out their lack of service. My calzone was as hard as a rock; I had to saw it open to get the contents which were almost non existent.
- Good food, I shared the gorgonzolaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2010Good food, I shared the gorgonzola steak..it was cooked properly. I would have like a different salad but the one served was ok.Special Features:
- One of the most delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/13/2010One of the most delicious, best places in Dahlonega to eat!! Constantly GREAT!!Special Features: