22 Miller Ave.
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piazzadangelo.com/
- Phone: (415) 388-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 10:30am - 11:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Giuliani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Through D’Angelo Catering, we bring our experience and expertise to your location for events ranging from intimate dinners for 10 to receptions for hundreds. D’Angelo Catering also offers access to Marin’s most desired venues, including Acqua Hotel, The Outdoor Art Club, Mill Valley Community Center, Marin Art and Garden Center, Marin Osher JCC , the Venues of the Belvedere Tiburon Landmarks Society, among others. Contact Rodney Davis, Off-Site Catering Manager @ 415-388-3468
- Private Party Facilities: Piazza D'Angelo Restaurant in beautiful downtown Mill Valley offers three private rooms to host your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Kmitch Bowler 8665490094
- Entertainment: Stroll downtown Mill Valley before or after your visit to D'Angelo.
- Special Events: Sunday Night is Family Dinner night. 3 course dinner $25.00
Monday Nights we offer selected bottles of wine at half price. See Monday's dinner menu on our website for current list.
Piazza D'Angelo offers a brunch menu and 8 brunch cocktails for $3.75 each on Saturdays and Sundays 10:30 am -3:00 pm.
A word from Piazza D'Angelo
Piazza D'Angelo is a family run business with a long history. In 1980, two brothers from southern Italy moved to Marin with dreams of opening an authentic Italian restaurant. The dream came true a year later when co-owners Domenico and Paolo Petrone opened the now upscale trattoria Piazza D’Angelo. Over the years, Piazza D'Angelo, has become the most popular restaurant in downtown Mill Valley. They are known for wonderful Italian cuisine in a warm and friendly setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piazza D'Angelo reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (25)special occasion (20)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014Our previous visits were always very good so we were quite disappointed with our recent dinner. It started with indifferent service that didn't seem to care that we were there. The food that followed was improperly prepared and then not very good when redone to our originally requested specification. Everybody has a bad game once in a while so we'll give them another try and hope they revert to previous form.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentWineFoodieVIPDined on 11/21/2014I've eaten here many times and I always have a great time, excellent service, and delicious food and I love the feel of the place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentChrisVIPDined on 10/29/2014I have eaten at piazza d'angelo many times. The food is always consistently good. My only disappointment this visit is that our waiter was non-attentive and unfamiliar with the menu. However most are good.... Go! The thin crust pizza is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable neighborhood gemMarinFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/23/2014For reliably tasty Italian dinners, we head to D'Angelo's. The housemade pasta, nicely prepared seafood dishes and variety of salads offer something for everyone. The professional service and comfortable seating make this our go-to restaurant in downtown Mill Valley.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Very popular place with tasty food. Even though there was only one choice for each kind of wine, the Italian cab we had was outstanding!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful BrunchJessicaVIPDined on 10/11/2014We didn't realize how excellent the weekend brunch is here, which they have on Sat. and Sunday. And the drinks, like Bellinis, mimosa's or a Bloody Mary, are very reasonable, ($3.50) instead the $10 at most places (and they're good). The food is just outstanding at D'Angelo, with great pizza and specialty pastas that are wonderful. And service is always friendly.Special Features:
- disappointingfoodieDined on 10/10/2014tried 4 pasta dishes (1/2 orders) and only 1 of 4 dishes delivered. Although the waiter asked how the meal went, and I explained my disappointment with the 3 dishes (described what was lacking, etc)...not much was countered in response to my comments. I MAYBE would go back to try the pizza...but don't count on it...too much competition in that categorySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/5/2014Would have been nice to have air conditioning or a fan.Special Features:
- Worst pizza everFoodnikDined on 9/26/2014We've been to this restaurant several times in the past and it was always good, not great. We usually sat on the patio because you can carry on a conversation without shouting. We made reservations this night and were seated inside right in the path of the servers, the patio was closed, first bad sign. The waiter couldn't of been colder if we'd challenged him to a ice bucket challenge. He took our drink reservations and then disappeared for some time. I hate that when they only ask for the drink order and not your food order. We ordered the pizza with spinach and mushrooms. The worst pizza ever! mushy, flavorless, just bad. We left with a bad taste in our mouths. Pun intended.
- Lovely DinnerCKinMarinVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a delicious dinner at D'Angelo's last Saturday. The salads were good and the arugula pesto on rye spaghetti was wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:
- disappointmentNightOutDined on 9/20/2014The food was bland at best. It was super loud. Really a disappointment- we wont return.
- OverratedDedeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Mediocre food in a noisy space. I ordered a burger medium and received rare. Caesar salad was good. Overrated.
- Disappointing flavorscandrewsDined on 9/17/2014I'm a repeat visitor who has always been happy in the past. On this occasion, a business lunch meeting, I shared a spatzle dish and a seafood salad with my colleague and we both were disappointed at how bland the two dishes were. The spatzle was undersalted and tasted watered down. The seafood salad badly needed some fresh herbs.Special Features:
- Avoid the pizzaLuv2dineDined on 9/8/2014Ambiance very nice. Upscale. All of us ordered the pizza which I don't recommend. The pizza was rubbery and what little topping there was slide off. No flavor and uninspiring. Order something else.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningBusybeeDined on 9/7/2014We had the flounder which was excellent. I'm not a big fan of the booths and we were a party of 5 which made it a little tricky but I'm sure they would have moved us if necessary. Quiet night as it was a Sunday!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these years!windbellDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant serves very authentic Italian cuisine at it's best. The Italian wine list is exceptional, the Special Wine from San Gimignano was excellent. The portions, except for the shared Caesar salads, were plentiful. The pastas were authentic, and delicious, as were the pizzas, especially if you like a thin crust! The Italian burger ordered by my Italian mother but what made it Italian? The tiramisu and the chocolate cake, both excellent. The server Erika was EXCELLENT, kept her cool and served us well. We were seated close to the kitchen, a busy area and a bit on the hot side. The noise level was way too high for our group. I would definitely request a different area in the restaurant. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parEztoplzDined on 8/31/2014After manywonderful meals, I was disappointed by the limited menu selections, extremely small portions and sloppy service by someone who appeared more trained as a bus person than a waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarindinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was slow and the waiter was inexperienced and not had any training. The fish was still frozen in the middle and tasteless. We sent it back twice. All four different entrees deducted from bill. It was one of the worst dining experiences we have had for a long time. We will not be dining there again. If I was a restaurant critic I would advise that the menu be changed and quality of food preparation be reviewed or change the chef.
- Great neighborhood eatery!FrancineWVIPDined on 8/27/2014I was there for lunch today amd as always, it was nice. Two weeks ago I had a group event with 22 people and it was really nice.Special Features:
- Mediocre brunchJohnVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at D'Angelo many times and usually it is fine. But today's brunch for four of us can best be described as inconsistent. The steak and eggs were very good, as was their version of french toast, but the side of bacon was way over cooked (crisp would be an understatement) and the frittata was meagre....is this all there is? Thin and no enough sausage to give it any flavor. And the only way I could get a coffee refill was to flag down a waiter or busboy, not once did they notice an empty cup and ask. Overall I was quite disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and tastyVictDined on 8/21/2014reliable menu and staff and convenience make this place a neighborhood gem...Special Features:
- WHigginsDined on 8/16/2014We have been regulars at Piazza D'Angelo for 20 years and on this recent visit, we noticed that the prices are starting to creep up to an expensive level and beyond the portions that one would normally expect in a good restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacontessaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. The restaurant was bright and airy. Our waiter was excellent. We enjoyed seeing the interaction of staff with customers. The swordfish was excellent.Special Features:
- Open "Late" in Mill ValleypriceymallfishDined on 8/9/2014We were hungry and in Mill Valley for a show. Everyone stopped serving, but we decided to try one last place….Thank you for having pizza, yummy zucchini flowers, and pasta available after 11pm. I have been coming here since college and it's the same. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is much improvedimagoDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were impressed with the dishes we ordered at this restaurant a few nights ago. Each was excellent, much better than when we ate at Piazza D'Angelo in earlier years. They've made some definite improvements in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyablefrequentdiner2Dined on 8/9/2014We live in Novato. A friend introduced us to this restaurant 5 years ago, and we've eaten here a few times since then. We ate here Saturday night because we were going to join friends and see a movie at the Sequoia. We have always liked the food, the restaurant, and the people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinner!yummyforthetummyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service and 3 waiters sang my husband "Happy Birthday" at the end of the meal. Piazza D'Angelo even provided his birthday cake (tiramisu) gratis! Because of the singing other long ago acquaintances from across the aisle joined us! When I asked for a quiet area, we were shown a great patio area with heaters, so we weren't cold. The the Heirloom salad was fabulous as well as the chicken and beef, and the portions were very generous. All these factors made the evening a night to remember. We'll return!Special Features:
- Tastes good, looks good, feels goodfrancophilegemDined on 8/7/2014Took my teenage sons here for memorable dinner. They would've licked the plates if we were home. Sat outdoors in back which was perfect. A bit noisy but that didn't disturb usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tmfoodieDined on 8/3/2014I have been to Piazza D'Angelo before. I brought friends from out of town this time. We all enjoyed the food. Our waiter was very nonchalant about serving our table. My friend's husband had to ask the hostess to ask our waiter to come to the table so he could order a drink. I had to remind the waiter twice to bring my second glass of wine. The waiter wasn't friendly, did not engage us at all. I love the food here but I'm really concerned about the level of service - at least from this particular waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyBuddyDined on 8/3/2014Piazza D'angelo was a favorite of mine. Unfortunately, the food quality has declined. I think the owner or chef needs to eat what they serve to their customers. It'll be an aha! moment. The chicken was dry and tasteless. Hard to believe that no one in the kitchen noticed. The Calamari was soggy and cold, the result of frying it in old and low temperature oil. The accompanying aioli tasted like wallpaper paste. Enough said! Hope you can fix the lack of food quality!Special Features:
- The following 602 reviews are from the Piazza D'Angelo reviews archive.
- Another good timeTiburondinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been here a lot, and they keep us coming back with consistently good food and friendly service. They have a nice bar scene and a wonderful view of the Richardson Bay. We usually end up ordering several items from the special menu, which have creative appetizers and always a nice risotto to keep things different. Good place, good food, reasonably priced options -- what more could you want?Special Features:
- Nice!!BobomoragaDined on 7/12/2014Very good food, pretty good service. Our group of eight had a nice time before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouchiest waiter ever!DiningDudetteDined on 7/11/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and generally had a good experience. However, we had the sourest, grouchiest, most unfriendly and unhelpful waiter ever on my last visit there. Plus it was Friday night, and the noise level was off the charts. Not sure I would go here again on a weekend night, and if I do go back and find myself seated in this waiter's section I would not hesitate to promptly leave.Special Features:
- Comfortable Marin spotFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great service, seated quickly. Food is always good.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014The food is fresh, the presentation always pleasing to the eye and the service is great.Special Features:
- Undistinguished food - FEHJezebelDined on 7/10/2014Food was bland to our tastes. Service was slow and we felt neglected as we were eating lightly and did not order appetizers and full dinner and no wine, so the waiter was inattentive. Although it is a popular restaurant among locals, it is not a favorite for us. We had reservations a few months ago for a weekend night and it was so noisy, we left, as did some other diners. This dinner was on a week night and we sat on the patio, it was quite pleasant with the overhead heaters.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningcaladyDined on 7/1/2014The service was great! The food was great! I liked my meal so much I asked the waitress if she could get me the recipe from the chef. We were amazed when she came out of the kitchen with a hand written recipe from the chef. Many thanks to the chef for doing this for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill Valley Treasure...BushmomVIPDined on 6/30/2014Piazza D'Angelo is good for families with children (especially early evening) , friend and/or business groups and even a few singles(bar dining)! An attractive large restaurant broken up into a variety of spaces: the host can help you find the best place for your needs. A seasonal distinctly modern italian menu, fresh quality ingredients, nice presentation and some food adaptable for kids. Limited but good gluten free/vegetarian options. Monday night 1/2 price on bottles of their already well priced,excellent wine list; nice salads, inventive risottos and a changing menu. Service usually smooth, adaptable to your timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Open Air SeatsCblmDined on 6/28/2014We had a perfect spot in the front open window. Good service, good food, decent prices. It was a little noisy but that seems to be standard these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Family Fun!KukanaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Good food and fun place to go with our family. The last time we went the wait help was more observant and the food was good! We will go back and love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Great place to also take out of town guests!Special Features: