22 Miller Ave.
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piazzadangelo.com/
- Phone: 4153882000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 10:30am - 11:30pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Giuliani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Through D’Angelo Catering, we bring our experience and expertise to your location for events ranging from intimate dinners for 10 to receptions for hundreds. D’Angelo Catering also offers access to Marin’s most desired venues, including Acqua Hotel, The Outdoor Art Club, Mill Valley Community Center, Marin Art and Garden Center, Marin Osher JCC , the Venues of the Belvedere Tiburon Landmarks Society, among others. Contact Rodney Davis, Off-Site Catering Manager @ 415-388-3468
- Private Party Facilities: Piazza D'Angelo Restaurant in beautiful downtown Mill Valley offers three private rooms to host your event.
- Private Party Contact: Sara Kmitch Bowler 8665490094
- Entertainment: Stroll downtown Mill Valley before or after your visit to D'Angelo.
- Special Events: Sunday Night is Family Dinner night. 3 course dinner $25.00
Monday Nights we offer selected bottles of wine at half price. See Monday's dinner menu on our website for current list.
Piazza D'Angelo offers a brunch menu and 8 brunch cocktails for $3.75 each on Saturdays and Sundays 10:30 am -3:00 pm.
A word from Piazza D'Angelo
Piazza D'Angelo is a family run business with a long history. In 1980, two brothers from southern Italy moved to Marin with dreams of opening an authentic Italian restaurant. The dream came true a year later when co-owners Domenico and Paolo Petrone opened the now upscale trattoria Piazza D’Angelo. Over the years, Piazza D'Angelo, has become the most popular restaurant in downtown Mill Valley. They are known for wonderful Italian cuisine in a warm and friendly setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Piazza D'Angelo - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Piazza D'Angelo reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (31)special occasion (30)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (25)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (24)great for brunch (23)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- OverratedDedeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Mediocre food in a noisy space. I ordered a burger medium and received rare. Caesar salad was good. Overrated.
- Avoid the pizzaLuv2dineDined on 9/8/2014Ambiance very nice. Upscale. All of us ordered the pizza which I don't recommend. The pizza was rubbery and what little topping there was slide off. No flavor and uninspiring. Order something else.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningBusybeeDined on 9/7/2014We had the flounder which was excellent. I'm not a big fan of the booths and we were a party of 5 which made it a little tricky but I'm sure they would have moved us if necessary. Quiet night as it was a Sunday!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good after all these years!windbellDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant serves very authentic Italian cuisine at it's best. The Italian wine list is exceptional, the Special Wine from San Gimignano was excellent. The portions, except for the shared Caesar salads, were plentiful. The pastas were authentic, and delicious, as were the pizzas, especially if you like a thin crust! The Italian burger ordered by my Italian mother but what made it Italian? The tiramisu and the chocolate cake, both excellent. The server Erika was EXCELLENT, kept her cool and served us well. We were seated close to the kitchen, a busy area and a bit on the hot side. The noise level was way too high for our group. I would definitely request a different area in the restaurant. A great time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parEztoplzDined on 8/31/2014After manywonderful meals, I was disappointed by the limited menu selections, extremely small portions and sloppy service by someone who appeared more trained as a bus person than a waitperson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarindinerDined on 8/30/2014The service was slow and the waiter was inexperienced and not had any training. The fish was still frozen in the middle and tasteless. We sent it back twice. All four different entrees deducted from bill. It was one of the worst dining experiences we have had for a long time. We will not be dining there again. If I was a restaurant critic I would advise that the menu be changed and quality of food preparation be reviewed or change the chef.
- Great neighborhood eatery!FrancineWVIPDined on 8/27/2014I was there for lunch today amd as always, it was nice. Two weeks ago I had a group event with 22 people and it was really nice.Special Features:
- Mediocre brunchJohnVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten at D'Angelo many times and usually it is fine. But today's brunch for four of us can best be described as inconsistent. The steak and eggs were very good, as was their version of french toast, but the side of bacon was way over cooked (crisp would be an understatement) and the frittata was meagre....is this all there is? Thin and no enough sausage to give it any flavor. And the only way I could get a coffee refill was to flag down a waiter or busboy, not once did they notice an empty cup and ask. Overall I was quite disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and tastyVictDined on 8/21/2014reliable menu and staff and convenience make this place a neighborhood gem...Special Features:
- WHigginsDined on 8/16/2014We have been regulars at Piazza D'Angelo for 20 years and on this recent visit, we noticed that the prices are starting to creep up to an expensive level and beyond the portions that one would normally expect in a good restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacontessaVIPDined on 8/12/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. The restaurant was bright and airy. Our waiter was excellent. We enjoyed seeing the interaction of staff with customers. The swordfish was excellent.Special Features:
- Open "Late" in Mill ValleypriceymallfishDined on 8/9/2014We were hungry and in Mill Valley for a show. Everyone stopped serving, but we decided to try one last place….Thank you for having pizza, yummy zucchini flowers, and pasta available after 11pm. I have been coming here since college and it's the same. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is much improvedimagoDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I were impressed with the dishes we ordered at this restaurant a few nights ago. Each was excellent, much better than when we ate at Piazza D'Angelo in earlier years. They've made some definite improvements in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyablefrequentdiner2Dined on 8/9/2014We live in Novato. A friend introduced us to this restaurant 5 years ago, and we've eaten here a few times since then. We ate here Saturday night because we were going to join friends and see a movie at the Sequoia. We have always liked the food, the restaurant, and the people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday dinner!yummyforthetummyDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food and service and 3 waiters sang my husband "Happy Birthday" at the end of the meal. Piazza D'Angelo even provided his birthday cake (tiramisu) gratis! Because of the singing other long ago acquaintances from across the aisle joined us! When I asked for a quiet area, we were shown a great patio area with heaters, so we weren't cold. The the Heirloom salad was fabulous as well as the chicken and beef, and the portions were very generous. All these factors made the evening a night to remember. We'll return!Special Features:
- Tastes good, looks good, feels goodfrancophilegemDined on 8/7/2014Took my teenage sons here for memorable dinner. They would've licked the plates if we were home. Sat outdoors in back which was perfect. A bit noisy but that didn't disturb usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tmfoodieDined on 8/3/2014I have been to Piazza D'Angelo before. I brought friends from out of town this time. We all enjoyed the food. Our waiter was very nonchalant about serving our table. My friend's husband had to ask the hostess to ask our waiter to come to the table so he could order a drink. I had to remind the waiter twice to bring my second glass of wine. The waiter wasn't friendly, did not engage us at all. I love the food here but I'm really concerned about the level of service - at least from this particular waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyBuddyDined on 8/3/2014Piazza D'angelo was a favorite of mine. Unfortunately, the food quality has declined. I think the owner or chef needs to eat what they serve to their customers. It'll be an aha! moment. The chicken was dry and tasteless. Hard to believe that no one in the kitchen noticed. The Calamari was soggy and cold, the result of frying it in old and low temperature oil. The accompanying aioli tasted like wallpaper paste. Enough said! Hope you can fix the lack of food quality!Special Features:
- Another good timeTiburondinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been here a lot, and they keep us coming back with consistently good food and friendly service. They have a nice bar scene and a wonderful view of the Richardson Bay. We usually end up ordering several items from the special menu, which have creative appetizers and always a nice risotto to keep things different. Good place, good food, reasonably priced options -- what more could you want?Special Features:
- Nice!!BobomoragaDined on 7/12/2014Very good food, pretty good service. Our group of eight had a nice time before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grouchiest waiter ever!DiningDudetteDined on 7/11/2014I've been to this restaurant several times and generally had a good experience. However, we had the sourest, grouchiest, most unfriendly and unhelpful waiter ever on my last visit there. Plus it was Friday night, and the noise level was off the charts. Not sure I would go here again on a weekend night, and if I do go back and find myself seated in this waiter's section I would not hesitate to promptly leave.Special Features:
- Comfortable Marin spotFoodieVIPDined on 7/11/2014Great service, seated quickly. Food is always good.Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014The food is fresh, the presentation always pleasing to the eye and the service is great.Special Features:
- Undistinguished food - FEHJezebelDined on 7/10/2014Food was bland to our tastes. Service was slow and we felt neglected as we were eating lightly and did not order appetizers and full dinner and no wine, so the waiter was inattentive. Although it is a popular restaurant among locals, it is not a favorite for us. We had reservations a few months ago for a weekend night and it was so noisy, we left, as did some other diners. This dinner was on a week night and we sat on the patio, it was quite pleasant with the overhead heaters.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningcaladyDined on 7/1/2014The service was great! The food was great! I liked my meal so much I asked the waitress if she could get me the recipe from the chef. We were amazed when she came out of the kitchen with a hand written recipe from the chef. Many thanks to the chef for doing this for us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mill Valley Treasure...BushmomVIPDined on 6/30/2014Piazza D'Angelo is good for families with children (especially early evening) , friend and/or business groups and even a few singles(bar dining)! An attractive large restaurant broken up into a variety of spaces: the host can help you find the best place for your needs. A seasonal distinctly modern italian menu, fresh quality ingredients, nice presentation and some food adaptable for kids. Limited but good gluten free/vegetarian options. Monday night 1/2 price on bottles of their already well priced,excellent wine list; nice salads, inventive risottos and a changing menu. Service usually smooth, adaptable to your timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Open Air SeatsCblmDined on 6/28/2014We had a perfect spot in the front open window. Good service, good food, decent prices. It was a little noisy but that seems to be standard these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Family Fun!KukanaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Good food and fun place to go with our family. The last time we went the wait help was more observant and the food was good! We will go back and love the atmosphere of the restaurant. Great place to also take out of town guests!Special Features:
- DivineApplesauceVIPDined on 6/22/2014Bad the tortellini del a casa as usual it's divine but could be a larger portion. Hubby had risotto super creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- depends on what you orderSherryDined on 6/22/2014We have been here many times, as a pre-theater dinner spot. In the past we have ordered Italian-centric dishes. This time, we ordered a $30 beef dish to split between us. Presentation was sparse and frankly not very tasty. For the price, the cut of beef was not very tender, and the steak knives were not sufficiently sharp for easy cutting. Next time, we'll order the known-to-be-delicious Margherita pizza or lasagna or another specialty. It was noisy primarily because the World Cup match was being shown on television. We have been there when it was much less raucous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBusylizzieVIPDined on 6/20/2014I have eaten here many times....it is our go to restaurant when we are in Mill Valley. This time the food lived up to expectations but the service did not. We asked to go into the side room away from the World Cup. This was done pleasantly but then our waiter seemed to forget about us. Other than that, we had a pleasant meal and will give it another chance the next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice before theater dinnerLRinMarinVIPDined on 6/7/2014We had a delicious dinner with very good service before heading to the Throckmorton Theater for a performance. We sat in the patio which was nice and quieter than the inside restaurant. We loved the bread and olive oil garlic dip as a starter then had salads, pasta dishes and tiramisu for dessert. It was all delicious. The only thing I would change is to put less dressing on the salad since the bottom part was a bit soggy. I had the pasta dish with lamb and my date had the pasta with mushrooms. Both excellent as was the tiramisu! And our waiter was very attentive as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cal2VIPDined on 6/3/2014We had not been here in quite a while. Gave it a try and really enjoyed the meal, the service, the place.Special Features:
- Local MainstayJeffDined on 5/30/2014We've visited Piazza over the years on our visits to town and never been disappointed. I felt like I was back in Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All time favorite Marin Restaurant!ReginaDined on 5/30/2014I have loved Piazza D'Angelo since the 1980's and it has become my favorite restaurant for special occasions and just wonderful weekend night out. Staff superb, food excellent, ambience lovely & always feel welcomedSpecial Features:
- Up and downWorldsBestSonInLawVIPDined on 5/25/2014Piazza D'Angelo has been there forever. The experience of dining here can vary based on both the food and the service. Our server this time lacked any personality at all, not bothering to make any real human contact. When the meal comes out to between $60 - $80 per person that is a glaring hole.
- What a meal!BruceradsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Everything was wonderful...service, food and ambience. Pork chop is killer!Special Features:
- The following 582 reviews are from the Piazza D'Angelo reviews archive.
- an easy spot for lunch or dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 5/22/2014an easy spot for lunch or dinner... food and service are always good.Special Features:
- Excellent, but ...tkmphoenixDined on 5/16/2014I have been coming to D'Angelo's for many years. This time, had nice seat in open back area. Only drawback was many kids and some noise. Had a pasta dish with mushrooms, caesar salad and my companion has the salmon. Food was very good -- better than I remembered. Not having been in a while, I was surprised at how high the prices have become -- now on the high side of what I think of as reasonable for similar places. The waiter was competent but rather brusque and unengaged. We felt rushed even though he kept saying there was no hurry.Special Features:
- Disappointed Again!KukanaVIPDined on 5/14/2014This was our favorite restaurant but now we doubt we will go back. The last few meals there were just OK. Food wasn't great, service was very poor and wait staff didn't care if we were there or not. Very disappointed this place has gone down hill.Special Features: