Piatto Ristorante (Galleria)
4925 West Alabama
Houston, TX 77056Neighborhood:
Galleria / Uptown
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatto Ristorante (Galleria)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piattoristorante.com/
- Phone: 7138719722x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm
Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm –8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John M. Carrabba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a full-service caterer that not only provides food, but anything else you may need – from bartenders and servers to valet and decor.
- Private Party Facilities: Both of our locations have Private Dining Rooms available. Our Galleria location has a Private Dining Room that seats 32!
- Private Party Contact: John 7138719722x
A word from Piatto Ristorante (Galleria)
Piatto Ristorante is owned and operated by John Marion Carrabba of the famed Carrabba family, who created the menu from recipes passed down through four generations. The home-style Italian food found at Piatto Ristorante pleases the palate, as well as touches the heart. John personally oversees all details, making sure that his guests have a fantastic culinary experience. Piatto Ristorante offers full-service catering, private banquet rooms, box lunches and delivery at both locations, Piatto Galleria and Piatto Royal Oaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Piatto Ristorante (Galleria) - Best Restaurants in Galleria / Uptown ›
Piatto Ristorante (Galleria) reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our visit to Piatto, server was great and very nice. The food was very good but what stuck out the most was the appitizer we shared. We ordered their calimari, it was topped with a sauce that just took it to a different level. This is a nice location for a small group to enjoy good food and company.Special Features:
- Impeccable DiningLunchPatronDined on 9/8/2014I am always pleased with the quality of the food and service I receive from Piatto Ristorante. The owners of the restaurant are constantly walking around ensuring your comfort and satisfaction. It's definitely a great place for lunch during the week. I will continue to be a returning customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for engagement dinner!MikeandCandyDined on 9/5/2014We selected Piatto for an after engagement dinner We arrived 20 minutes before our reservation to find our table ready and waiting. The wait staff was extremely attentive. My wife and our son had the Linguini Bashaw and Fettuccini Alfredo respectively and our now future daughter-in-law and I had the Lasagna Carrabba. Our 14yo daughter had pizza. Everyone raved on the food. If I had to find a complaint, I would wish my lasagna serving was just a bit bigger. I didn't leave hungry but I did feel like I could have eaten some more. The staff was kind enough to package up a few take home boxes for us and then came a nice personal touch...complimentary champagne and cake for the newly engaged couple. Would do this again..and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and well priced Italian.Steincat04VIPDined on 9/4/2014Good Italian food. Great service and tasty staple dishes. Has meat and pasta dishes for everyone.Special Features:
- Gluten free optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014I was glad that Piatto was able to accomodate me with gluten free options since I have celiac. I kept things simple by going with the gluten free pasta and a meat sauce. However, the pasta was served in a butter sauce and at first I thought they had brought me linguine. So the bowl of pasta was rather soupy before I added the meat sauce that was brought a few moments later. So, my feedback would be to improve on the ability to serve an order of pasta (gluten free) that can accomodate a meat sauce without it swimming in butter beforehand. The atmosphere was great and everyone at my table enjoyed their food and experience which I was happy for since I was hosting the luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first visitsmesmyDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit and we enjoyed our meal - it was delicious. The service could have been more attentive as there were very few diners in the restaurant but otherwise the staff was friendly and took care of us when asked. We will definitely go back to try other menu items.
- Service wasn't up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014We booked a table in the room for 10. But, when I arrived, my party wasn't seated there. I had booked it online and talked to the hostess at the restaurant, as well. They moved us to the room that I had requested. But, it was a disappointment that we weren't where they had promised. The waiter assumed that we were only going to eat appetizers, I guess. After he took our initial orders, we couldn't get him back to order dinner or more wine. So, we didn't stay there any longer. The bus boy was the only person that seemed to remember that we were in that room. Otherwise, we would have run out of water and tea. This was Rodeo Committee management meeting that I was really embarrassed about and had to make many apologies for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I went here during HRW but i ordered off the regular menu. It ends up about being the same price. Service was great and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceScotlandDined on 8/15/2014We are always on the lookout for a good quiet pasta place on Friday nights. Passed this one many times and decided to try it out. Glad we did, four of us had a very pleasant evening. Service was great, I am highly allergic to shrimp and since most dishes offered shrimp I requested different utensils be used for my pasta sauce, our waiter was very understanding. They bent over backwards for me, very impressed, the pasta was great. Although we were seated by some other guests at other tables it was surprisingly easy to have a conversation without shouting at each other. Yeh! All in all a great local place we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business meetingSoManyChoicesDined on 8/13/2014We chose Piatto for our business dinner because of it's location within walking distance from Williams Tower. They accommodated my request for the quietest place by placing us exclusively in the separate room they have off the main dining area. There were 7 of us and we had no problem carrying on group or separate conversations at any given time. Food was wonderful and service exceptional! I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oohlala777Dined on 8/12/2014We have been to Piatto Ristorante many times for celebrations and we have never been disappointed. Hats off to Enrique, the chef and the whole "family"! The sea bass dish is so good that several in our group have it every time we go. The wine list has very good choices also.Special Features:
- Quality food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Food was excellent and service outstanding. More lunch specials would have been appreciated. No mention of inclusion in Houston Food Week. Not sure if Piatto participates and if so wait staff did not mention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening diningNeededtoeat1Dined on 8/4/2014Though we arrived at 6:30 and were only the second or third table seated and we turned our order in a relatively short time it took a hour to get our food. By 7 the Restrauant was full and the short handed wait staff was running madly to serve everyone. I don't know if some preferred customers were served before us or if our order was lost or not turned in. But the waiter came by several times saying our food was cooking. We did not get the order until at least 30 minutes after that first assurance. Two of the meals were pretty good but my red snapper special was very over cooked. Given the long wait we had already experienced, I was not going to send it back for another try. We will not go back.
- Good dinner for fourKatyDinerDined on 8/2/2014We were a little early, about ten minutes before they officially opened, but the waiters were very gracious and seated us. Bread and butter came quickly and was good. My husband and I got the chopped salad which was very good. The only thing was it was a little too vinegary and I like vinegar. Our two pasta dishes were good. It isn't probably proper but I like a little more sauce on my pasta and when I asked for more on the side it was delivered quickly and without judgement. We found a good selection of wines on the wine list. Overall, the four of us had a very nice dinner and would recommend Piatto's and plan on going back.Special Features:
- Great food and great visitluvgreatfoodDined on 7/19/2014If looking for a place where you can visit with your friends and have a great meal, this is the place. Service is always attentive w/o interfering and friendly without being too friendly. It's nice they have valet too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kind waiterKennyGDined on 6/28/2014We went there first time. We asked the waiter his recommendation for appetuzer. His recommendation was the Fried Asparagus. It was so good. So we asked him for main and deserts. Everything was good for us. Really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Excellent mealMisstereonDined on 6/27/2014Other reviews are right--the asparagus and lump crab meat appetizer was delicious. Best risotto I've had in a long time--comes with shrimp, next time I'll ask for it with chicken and see if my request can be accommodated. Fellow diners also thought their food (fettucini, roasted chicken) were superb. We also enjoyed it because we were able to have a conversation without screaming. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/26/2014The ambiance was suitable for sandwich shop type food. The calamari was tough. The chopped salad was very good. The crab cakes were the consistancy of a puree molded in a round shape and heated. Overkill of garlic in sauce on shrimp and crab claws. Creme brule was good.Special Features:
- 2rosasDined on 6/21/2014Absolutely wonderful! It was our first time there and it won't be are last. The food is real ITALIAN not like the so called Italian in Houston. The service and wait staff, surpass any where we have been and we go out every Sat. nite. Everyone treated us like we go there all the time. I can't say enough about this fabulous rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodbigwood333Dined on 6/18/2014I have been here several times and it is always great. The waiters are attentive, seating is good and you can have a conversation without yelling across the table. I went on a Wednesday. I asked the waiter what he recommends and he said the Osso Buco. I did not want the rice so he substituted it with green beans. It was superb. Apparently they only have that dish on Wednesdays, I would highly recommend. Will continue to come here for lunch. Seems like it would be a great spot for a date also, or just a nice dinner with friends.Special Features:
- RandyDined on 6/13/2014Our fish was good. The service was a little inept and the place has a chain feel. Frankly the fresh fish and steamed asparagus were what made the mea. The restaurant is fairly noisy which made very hard for my uncle, Harold, is fairly hard of hearing. Not a place I would return but as I said the fish saved the meaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantdoubledownDined on 6/13/2014Piatto never fails to please. The food and service are top notch.Special Features:
- The following 214 reviews are from the Piatto Ristorante (Galleria) reviews archive.
- Great food. Exc service.mrmikeDined on 5/15/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. Complimentary valet parking. Very good food. Tasty. Good portions. Good wine value. Nice, simple atmosphere. Overall good value. I do recommend it. I would go again. The only downside is that you have Galleria traffic with can be a nuisance depending on the time of day.Special Features:
- Perfect EndingFoodie4everDined on 5/11/2014We had one of the last seatings for Mother's Day. No rush, no crowds, great service. Very attentive waiter even though we were the only table by the time we finished our meal. The food was great - and the waiter got our special request right the first time. I usually go for lunch, but I would definitely come back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCreolebelleDined on 5/11/2014The food is so good...... My daughter took me there for Mother's Day and it was a great dining experience. Complimentary valet parking, incredible service and fantastic food. What more could you want in a dining experience?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place for lunch with familyTophelipilotDined on 5/11/2014This place provides a really friendly environment as well as relaxed. The food is well presented and with an excellent service. Thanks guys...Special Features:
- Every now and thenkristynDined on 5/11/2014There are some decent food items here, but nothing that seems overwhelmingly great. The asparagus and lump crab meat appetizer is really nice, and the pasta dishes are ok but nothing to rave about. The presentation leaves something to be desired, and the restaurant is often crowded and hard to move around. The prices are not bad, but with some dishes it is not worth the cost. The caeser salad leaves much to be desired as it is very acidic. I don't mind coming here, but I would not consider it a restaurant I want to frequent.Special Features:
- Mother's Day without our childrenMMTNDined on 5/11/2014We are empty nesters with our children & grandchildren living up in Austin. We live just inside the loop from Piatto's Galleria location and can not image a more friendly & attentive staff. The food is very good, consistently so, with a few outstanding signature dishes, and the wine list is completely adequate. If you love very good food and outstanding, personalized, & friendly service, we recommend Piatto's without reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GOOD CHOICE!PatriciaDined on 5/10/2014Piatto's food is exceptionally good with a great selection. The service is excellent - very attentive. A good choice for lunch or dinner - easy to reach with valet parking. Piatto's ranks among my top 5 restaurants in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2014The food was average for Itaian. Not interested in going back any time soon.
- Great choice in the Galleria areak226VIPDined on 4/25/2014We can always count on Piatto for delicious food and attentive service. They've brought back my favorite, the always-fresh Agrume salad, to which you can easily add chicken or shrimp to make a meal. Don't know if it's new or we just now noticed it, but a couple of my companions got the sea bass, and it was amazing - a large piece of excellent fish, perfectly cooked, with mango and avocado topping that really set it off.
- Great welcomeconferencegoerDined on 4/22/2014The staff greeted my party like VIPs. Food was wonderful and service attentive. I always take friends there because the noise level is moderate enough that we can hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappoints.CoffeePleaseVIPDined on 4/9/2014This place never disappoints. The food and service is always consistent and good. Who doesn't love their signature asparagus appetizer. I had the chicken Marsala and it was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sure thingRobertDined on 4/5/2014When you want to have a nice dinner with another couple and you not know where to go, here it is. Piatto has great food and service. They go out of their way to make sure that yu have a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saladsk226VIPDined on 4/4/2014I am so happy that Piatto has brought back my favorite, the Agrume salad. It is very fresh, with citrus and nuts. I added grilled chicken, which was moist and delicious rather than dry, as I find it elsewhere. The owners of this family business make you feel like a welcome guest for their fine and varied cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celelbrationMarilynVIPDined on 4/3/2014Everything was very nice. The dessert birthday presentation was quite nice too.Special Features:
- Reliable diningready2goDined on 4/2/2014Piatto's has good selections for lunch and dinner. Comfortable atmosphere, good service, reasonable prices and convenient location on the edge of the Galleria. The large glass walls provide an openness that is hard to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WunderbarMaryDined on 3/24/2014This restaurant was a great friendly venue, the food was superb and the staff gracious a d attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2014Food and service were very good as usual. Especially enjoyed the brownie ala mode for dessertI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceMikeDined on 3/14/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner with my family. Wonderful italian food. Good atmosphere for socializing. Waiter Caesar was outstanding! For birthday honorees, brought out several slices of cake for the whole table to enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.