Piatto Italian Ristorante (Royal Oaks)
Houston, TX 77077Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatto Italian Ristorante (Royal Oaks)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://piattoristorante.com/
- Phone: 2817597500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: John M. Carrabba
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We are a full-service caterer that not only provides food, but anything else you may need – from bartenders and servers to valet and decor.
- Private Party Facilities: Both of our locations have private dining Rooms available. Our Royal Oaks location has two private rooms, one that will accommodate up to 25 guests and a larger room that can accommodate up to 50 guests. The two private rooms will open up for groups of 75, or you can rent out the entire restaurant for a party of up to 180.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Retzlaff 2817597500
A word from Piatto Italian Ristorante (Royal Oaks)
Piatto Ristorante is owned and operated by John Marion Carrabba of the famed Carrabba family, who created the menu from recipes passed down through four generations. The home-style Italian food found at Piatto Ristorante pleases the palate, as well as touches the heart. John personally oversees all details, making sure that his guests have a fantastic culinary experience. Piatto Ristorante offers full-service catering, private banquet rooms, box lunches and delivery at both locations, Piatto Galleria and Piatto Royal Oaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatto Italian Ristorante (Royal Oaks) reviews from OpenTable diners
- What a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The waitstaff was attentive, the food was prepared meticulously, the flavors were perfect.
- Our party of 5 had reservationsClintHVIPDined on 12/24/2013Our party of 5 had reservations for Christmas Eve over a month out. When we got there, the table wasn't ready. No sitting area to wait. We got wedged into an uncomfortable table with heavy traffic. We asked for things at least 2-3 times and in some cases never got it (stuff as simple as water). Two pasta dishes came without sauce and by the third time we asked for it, the food had gone cold. We sat for so long between waiter check ins, that we gave up on having more wine. We were never offered dessert and waited 40 minutes for the check. Our waiter basically checked out for another larger table not far from ours that had 8 people. Mentioned to manager on way out. He smiled and said "sorry". So disappointing.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/10/2013There were ten of us there for Christmas Dinner. It was our 4th time in the last 7 years to do this @ Piatto's. We enjoyed the great service and of course the food and drinks were superb. It's got to be difficult to continually turn out great food and service but this is the place to come and try if that's what you are looking for. A must try is the asparagus appetizer with abundant crab topping, it is large so it can be split, it's the best.Special Features:
- Food deliciousCreolebelleDined on 11/28/2013The food was absolutely outstanding!! We went for Thanksgiving and it was an excellent choice. I'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013We have been to this restaurant seveal times and have never been disappoined. Same was true for this time. We decided to have Thanksgiving here this year. We had immediateseating, service was on time as was the meal. It was obvious they had planned for mostly the Thanskgiving dinner spcial since there was noreal delay in the service. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightVDKrantzDined on 11/16/2013The food was excellent, the wine menu was great, the service was impeccable. I would go back again regularly if I lived closer.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchbdayluncherDined on 10/6/2013We visited Piatto Ristorante for a birthday. The atmosphere was great and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The restaurant surprised the birthday girl with a large piece of cake and candle (I mentioned in the reservation notes that this was a birthday lunch). I would visit this restaurant again and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place. The foodAMHdinerDined on 9/28/2013Love this place. The food is awesome! They have catered our office luncheons for three years in a row and it's everyone favorite by far. Michael and Mark are the best.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceMorris5Dined on 9/24/2013The foo, choices, preparation, and delivery was perfect. This was a special occasion so cost was not a limiter and though more than expected it was worth it. I will return It was not a busy evening and we were not rushed, in fact had plenty of time for discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itChristieDined on 9/1/2013The service was GREAT. Seriously - the servers are professionals, courteous, friendly. The best. They bought out the courses neither too early or too late. The food was very good - well prepared, fresh. My lamb was done exactly how I wanted it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo PiattoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2013At last real Italian bread, the kind you get at restaurants in the northeast. Great bread basket. Terrific Veal Marsala and mixed grill of chicken & lamb. Salads were fresh & flavorful. Waitstaff friendly & attentive. Nice wine selections. A very good dining experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughAspiringWineLoversDined on 8/30/2013Set back off the street, so you have to be looking for the place to find it; but what a great experience when you get there!! Try the asparagus appetizer!Special Features:
- I am overly pleased, eachReneeDined on 8/15/2013I am overly pleased, each time I visit. The entire service team is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food! Great Happy Hour!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013Wonderful food, nice preparation, and great service!!Special Features:
- We tried the restaurant duringSteveVIPDined on 8/3/2013We tried the restaurant during Houston's Restaurant Weeks and the food was wonderful as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night with spouselikegoodfoodDined on 7/14/2013The service was very attentive without being pushy on a slow Sunday evening in the summer. The food was excellent, in particular the fried asparagus with lump crab meat appetizer (our overall favorite), the pasta with vodka sauce and the chocolate mousse. We also had a pizza which came with a thin crispy crust similar to what we've enjoyed in Rome. We've already recommended to friends and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the brunch buffet....plainOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013We had the brunch buffet....plain scrambled eggs, pancakes that were stuck to the pan on the server, overcooked chicken piccata, bowl of romaine lettuce for a salad. The salad dressing and the rosemary potatoes were good. The desserts were almost without taste except for the lemon flavored item, which had a lot of flavor. As this was meant to be a special treat, celebrating my friends cancer free report...it was very dissappointing. We did not try the menu; but, this was not good. We won't be back.
- Father's Day treattopalikaDined on 6/16/2013We have been to Piatto many times but were disappointed tonight with the service and the food. The waiter "forgot " to put our appetizer order in and we waited for quite a while for the meal order to be taken. The owner eventually took our meal order after we mentioned that we had not received our appetizer. Also, the food was not as flavorful as we had experienced previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day pickdiningout77Dined on 5/12/2013Have been here many times, is in the neighborhood, and knew they would not be harried as most of the bigger places would be for this special day. The food was wonderful as always.Special Features:
- AppetizerWarrenDined on 5/11/2013They feature a must have asparagus appetizer as well as a great Italian menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!FNdingDined on 5/7/2013This was my first dining experience at Piatto. I was celebrating my husband's birthday. We started off at the bar, drinks and the appetizer (Asparagus Speciali) were great. We then moved to a table and ordered dinner; my husband ordered the Veal Chop and I ordered the Stuffed Shrimp. The food was delicious, the veal was tender and cooked exactly to his specifications. The shrimp was fresh and seasoned perfectly. The service was outstanding. The staff were all very attentive, from the moment we walked in, to the moment we walked out. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Claims to be Carabba affiliated.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2013Avoid this restaurant and you will be happy you did. Everything seems to be overcooked, including pasta, chicken, meat and shrimp. If you like your food overcooked, then this is the place for you. Anyway, after repeated attempts to cook a pasta dish Al'dente, the cook decided to serve the pasta under cooked and after many complaints to the manager, who said : "we are not affiliated with Carabba's". I gave a rating of a single star because there is no 0.
- Average ItaliandandtlavDined on 4/20/2013After studying abroad in Italy, I appreciate high-quality italian food but it is hard to come by. Piatto was recommended by a friend but I was very disappointed with the food overall. We dined a while ago, so I cannot remember the entrees we had but I do remember the terrible artichoke appetizer! The stuffed artichoke is NO good. To be fair, the waitress tried to encourage us to get the asparagus appetizer but we love artichoke and have enjoyed many artichoke appetizers at other italian restaurants. It was absolutely terrible. Just a bunch of breadcrumbs smeared on top of a steamed artichoke. Do not order it!
- It is a shame that the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2013It is a shame that the last two times I was at Piatto the place was only half full. The food is excellent and the service is usually quite good. The buffet was kept fresh and warm and the selections were excellent. The wine list could use improvement, especially the wine by the glass. Otherwise, it was an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Pasta was very good. Dessert370ZDined on 4/13/2013Pasta was very good. Dessert was good. Service was good. Overall no complaints. I felt like I had a good meal at a good price and these days I feel that says a lot. I have been losing confidence in the restaurant industry lately with bad experiences, but Piatto was all I had wanted from my choice for the evening.
- This was our first diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013This was our first dining experience at Piatto,but certainly will not be our last. The food was so delicious and the service was very personable. We felt welcomed & the ambiance lent to such a special Easter brunch for my daughter & I who have discriminating palate! So, thank you, Piatto for turning out an outstanding Easter brunch! We will be back next year, God willing!Special Features:
- Easter brunchdewensDined on 3/31/2013It was a great experience. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Try it you'll like it!KathyVIPDined on 2/23/2013We have found Piatto to be a consistently good place to dine for Italian. This was our third visit. Each time we ordered different items. The asparagus appetizer is outstanding. Waiter made a wine suggestion which we found to be excellent (one we hadn't tried). Another enjoyable dinner experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful hostess ;) GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Beautiful hostess ;) Great service, really good food(not alot of selection, if u don't know Ur Italian food, ull b lost on the menu). Food was pretty authentic, great(strong) drinks, FREE BREAD!! lol. Don't know if it was packed due to Valentines day or if its always tht busy, but it WAS packed, and loud. They DO have a bar, although I ddnt visit it, lol. Overall, it was a really good dining experience. I would go back, and I would recommend to friends/familySpecial Features:
- I took my wife here for valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I took my wife here for valentine's day, and we really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere for a date or for a family meal. I had the Chicken Romano which was very good and my wife had the Surf & Turf special which was the beef medallions and lobster ravioli which I tasted and tasted great. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for an Italian fix on this side of town for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Food was OK. Avg. AmericanwayneVIPDined on 1/17/2013Food was OK. Avg. American 'Italian' dishes. Veal Janice was good, bacon wrapped shrimp were overdone and very salty. Pasta was cooked al dente not mushy. Wine list is OK having the single bottle of each Italian region. Best of the dinner were the tuna and fried asparagus appetizers. Those were both very tasty and well presented. I would not go back as there are many other Italian restaurants in town to try. But, if it is in your neighborhood and you desire a decent quick meal, I would go there.
- Excellent service,very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/5/2013Excellent service,very good bottle of wine, great veal chop!Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Excellent ServiceVisitor9900Dined on 12/31/2012We had the evening special which was beef covered in mushroom gravy and stuffed shrimp. It was beyond excellent. The service was attentive and friendly. Their we're a couple if large parties dining the night we were their so the noise level was a little higher than we would have preferred, but I think that may have been an unusual occurrence.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable. However ,DrinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Very Enjoyable. However ,Drinks were never refilled except when we got the Waiters attention.Waiter forgot one Salad that was ordered with the initial order. One Guest ordered Artichoke,which was so undercooked and "Tough", it was inedible. Steve J. SchifaniSpecial Features:
- Food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2012Food and service was very good. Can work on the ambience by making the atmosphere warmer. Too much of an open cafeteria style with big windows and high ceilings. I would have worked on splitting the room into smaller cells where also a certain decoration could be applied in order to improve the ambience.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Food was excellent. Service was very good, especially considering that it was such a busy night.Special Features:
- We don't normally dine outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012We don't normally dine out on Christmas Eve, but decided to this year with my sister and her family. We had a wonderful experience and it made the night that much more special!Special Features:
- Try Piatto you'll like it!!KathyVIPDined on 12/22/2012Great food, service, a very nice dining experience. Would definitely return. Fried asparagus with crab was outstanding.Special Features:
- There were eight of us - weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2012There were eight of us - we had highly recommended the tenderloin medallions to the group since they were great in past visits - 4 of the eight ordered them and 2-3 did not live up to expectations. Everything else was ok.
- My team had their ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2012My team had their Christmas lunch at this restaurant and everyone was pleasantly surprised of how nice everything was; food, servers.Special Features: