410 W. Ridge Pike Suite 3
Conshohocken, PA 19428Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piattogrille.com/
- Phone: 6108251300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Tuesday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Gavin Pennock
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Piatto Grille is proud to offer its great food for catering. Pick-up, delivery, and staffed events available. Call for more info.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining is available for parties of up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gavin Pennock 6108251300x
A word from Piatto Grille
Piatto Grille was started with a few very simple philosophies in mind: to provide fresh, affordable and “culinarily-interesting” cuisine while maintaining the comfort aspect that so many hold so dear. To strip away the pretense that one finds at many of the fusion BYOB's, and to turn customers into critics one plate at a time, by stimulating their palates and challenging their ideas of the food they have grown up with. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. There are thousands of restaurants that our customers can choose from - and they frequently return to a place out of convenience, and rote. Even fewer still, are restaurants that wow with their food and service; but often customers see as too fancy for everyday eating. Piatto Grille aims to bridge that gap - to have remarkable food and service while creating a comfortable atmosphere that recalls the traditional meals where family gathered, and good times were had.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatto Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- great foodPICKYDined on 5/18/2014FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING!!! THE ATMOSPHERE IS IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT.Special Features:
- Best kept secretAimeeDined on 5/10/2014When you are shopping near chemical road or the other strip malls stop by for a tasty menu of Italian specialties. Handmade food with family recipes. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our friends all loved itSurpriselunchDined on 5/3/2014This wasn't our first visit but it was for all of our friends - Chef Pennock was right by our table, helping with ordering, explaining and then preparing everything perfectly. They'll be back and so will we.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Piatto Grille reviews archive.
- Great Mussels!LGottDined on 4/17/2014We have been patronizing this place for almost 3 years now. The mussels are fantastic and I would recommend them to any seafood lover. The amount of sauces you can have the with is the most I have seen. On quieter nights Gavin, the chef/owner, will greet you at the door, open your bottle of wine, take your order, go in the back to cook it, serve it and recite the dessert specials! He makes the experience memorable and makes us feel very welcome every time we go. If you are in the area and haven't given it a try, you need to. PS They are now featuring some fresh pastas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little known gemHfrigsDined on 4/5/2014Looks like a pizza joint but it is so much more. A small byob with fabulous food, service and ambiance. Try it for yourself and you will be pleasantly surprised as us. Can't wait to go back during the week for all you can eat mussels .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food, Outstanding FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2014Piatto Grille has everything you look for in a nice restaurant.... great food, great service and a great experience. Unfortunately, there isn't a large "store front, curb appeal" look to Piatto Grille, but I suppose that's what keeps it a great secret. You need to know where it is. It's BYOB, so your dining experience is a wonderful buy for your money. (So nice to NOT have a bill exorbitantly inflated because of the bar tab.) I had mussels with a pesto sauce that was outrageously delicious. My husband had the saltimbocca that he said was the best ever. We had a dinner party of six and they allowed desserts I brought from home. And the best part of all, I was able to use my Level Up account to pay for the bill and earn virtual dollars!Special Features:
- Let's Try It AgainKLluvBYODined on 3/8/2014My husband and I are always looking for BYO restaurants in our neighborhood to change it up from our usual places. We were at Piatto Grille about 3 years ago and the service was so slow our time spent there was agonizing, although the food was excellent. We decided to try again. Service was great. The food was delicious as it had been the last time. Chicken Oscar for me, Chicken Margherita for hubby expertly prepared. The only drawback here is the place is desperately in need of an update and lose the oldies for some nice instrumental background music. if these updates are made, I guarantee there won't be enough parking spots for this "neighborhood gem." Please don't let the last remark deter you from experiencing a delicious meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Located in an unassuming stripHappyDiner1VIPDined on 3/8/2014Located in an unassuming strip shopping center with poor street signage, Piatto Grille is worth the search. The menu is balanced among meat, vegetarian, fish and poultry entrees and appetizers, with excellent soups, salads and desserts and very good bread. Food is very well prepared and served, the staff friendly, the chef comes to the table to inquire about the meal - just a really good experience, especially for the price. There is a tasting menu which allows diners to select from all courses with somewhat smaller portions of each. We've been to the restaurant several times,have always enjoyed the meal and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OOps!JannieDined on 2/1/2014While the reviews on Trip Advisor said this was a good place, I'm here to say the food wasn't good. The staff and chef are very pleasant but someone's taste buds are off and I don't think they are mine. I had a Caesar salad -- way too much bad dressing. I had the linguine and crab. Not enough sauce so I asked and received more marinara, which helped but couldn't mask the funny tasting pasta and crab. Won't be returning.
- Piatto Grill ExperienceFoodloverVIPDined on 1/26/2014The service and friendliness of the staff was excellent. From the time you arrived at the restaurant till the meal ended you were being catered to. The timing between courses was reasonable and gave us a chance to relax. The food was served hot and exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend this restaurant as a place to try. The chef came out to make sure everything was to the customers liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gem with great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2014This was a second visit to this quiet little Italian restaurant, located in an out of the way strip mall type building. Not a whole lot in atmosphere, but nice servers, and fresh, delicious food make it worth a visit. We loved the mussels in lemon/goat cheese butter. Mussels are a specialty, and there are app portions, dinner portions, and all you can eat mussels & choices of several different broths that they are steamed in. They were tender and fresh. Loved the Salmon. It was cooked just to my request of medium rare, and topped with a light lemony dill sauce. My husband can't stop talking about the fillet and claims it was better than any he's had in awhile. Our son had the chicken alfredo and was very happy. Another bonus, it's a BYOB!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service. Food was nothingsushiloverDined on 1/25/2014Good service. Food was nothing special. Glad we tried it but would not rush to go back
- Very disappointing. The reviewsJudyVIPDined on 1/11/2014Very disappointing. The reviews I read online did not reflect my experience.
- PiattoRocksKMPicksDined on 1/10/2014New smaller menu makes picking a little easier! Tasting Menu is the way to go! Don't forget it's BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And it's a BYO!NomieKnowsVIPDined on 1/8/2014ALWAYS a treat to come here mid-week to dine with friends, when it's a bit less crowded, but I still make a reservation to be sure. Delicious, consistent, free parking and a reasonable price...I'd still have enough for dessert, if only I had left room. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Great!ImaFoodieVIPDined on 12/31/2013Dinner was disappointing. There were two new servers; courteous, but slow. Two warm breads with butter, olive oil or addictive Wasabi/cucumber spread. Tonight had a choice of price fixed meals. Each had a tiny salad and a cup of superior black bean soup. The lower price meal had a pulled pork appetizer, and a choice of main course. The higher price meal had a very small surf & turf and a different choice of main course. Coffee and desert were not included. New Year's eve is a difficult meal for many restaurants. Piatto Grill had more patrons and higher noise level than in previous visits. The portions were too small and the service was slightly off. Just not up to the higher standards that I prefer. Nothing was bad; I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve special menuJfromKOPDined on 12/31/2013The selection of choices for the 4 course menu tasting was diverse and provided nice options, even with several food allergies in our party of four. The food was exquisite. The wait staff was very attentive and accomodating.
- Never a disappointmentMSdinerVIPDined on 12/31/2013Looking for a quiet New Year and a movie so we decided to make reservations since close to the movie. (Not necessary - even though early - there were few other diners - you don't know what you are missing). Reservations were made before we knew Gavin planned a special menu for New Years (the regular menu is more than fine!!) The tasting menu (salad, utterly amazing black bean soup, and to die for surf and turf appetizer - scallop and barbecued short ribs - seriously unbelievable, and then our main entrees - one with beef tenderloins - delicious and mine the Veal Diavolo - quite good) was a total treat - a great way to start off the year. It's BYOB - the ambience is lacking but the food is so good you won't even think about it.Special Features:
- Continues to Rock!noname11Dined on 12/29/2013This splendid modern Italian/Medeterrainian place in a strip mall continues to satisfy (and amaze). Chef Galvin continues to innovate within a familiar compass of known recipes. Wait staff is friendly and efficient. Too good for its neighborhood but excellent value for price. Esp. recommended are veal dishes, exquisitely fresh seafood and pork osso buco - a house speciality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealDocmelDined on 12/28/2013Nice neighborhood restaurant. Food was very good. Mussels were excellent. Service was good and very friendly. All in all, a really good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and gluten free friendlyJaimeDined on 12/21/2013I have never been disappointed by my experiences at Piatto Grille. They are extremely knowledgeable and accommodating for my gluten free diet and the food is outstanding. To top it off, it's a BYOB, which I am a big fan of. The ambiance is more of a pizza place than a nice restaurant, but the food and service makes up for it. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything tastyBobNahantVIPDined on 12/10/2013This place is a great fine if you want to have great taste in Italian food and not spend a lot of money First the restaurant is BYOB Right there you are saving dollars on your beverage and there's no corkage fee. There were several very delicious shrimp appetizers On the menu. The tasting menu was a real treat I had roasted tomato soup that was absolutely outstanding Then came Shrimp appetizer. Followed by chicken and gnocchi. Everything taste wonderful and my bill was around $34Special Features:
- food out of this world!NomieKnowsVIPDined on 11/15/2013We love to eat here several times a month, when possible. The food is always delicious, Simon and Theresaand the tasting menu is perfect for me with so many choices for three courses. The servers are always attentive and pleasant. Bringing our own wine is a plus.Special Features:
- Gormet Meal in a strip center?ImaFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2013Gavin (chef-owner) will become better known with time. Food is innovative and very good. Try it - you'll like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare combinationImaFoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2013This BYO starts with a friendly greeting and continues with prompt & courteous service. Chef/owner Gavin prides himself on having patrons pleased while they are at the restaurant and very satisfied when they leave. When he is not busy preparing another tasty meal, he comes into the dining room to make sure that each person is more than pleased with their food. From soup to deserts, there is something special in every dish. The restaurant is simple, somewhat bare, but the service and bread with a surprise spread will help prepare you for a culinary treat. If you like mussels, there is large choice of preparation. The menu is fairly priced. Try a three course tasting menu for extra value. You will add Piatto Grille to you favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatto's Tasting MenuKibbyDined on 10/25/2013This is an amazing 3-course meal for $29. Always more than enough for dinner and a fabulous variety of tastes for soups, salads, appetizers and entrees. The variety of sauces for PEI Mussels is wide and all that we have tried are delicious. Chef Gavin is a very talented professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianBillDined on 10/24/2013Calamari was tender and plentiful. Musseels were done just right and LInguini was cooked firm but not mushy. Fra Diavlo sauce was spicey but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a disappointmentNomieKnowsVIPDined on 10/18/2013We love the variety that chef Gavin brings to the menu. I am a huge fan of the tasting menu! For me the portion sizes are perfect, and I get to try so many new items without spending a fortune. I love having the chance to order from a "center city" menu in a neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We live nearby and had anSteveDined on 10/13/2013We live nearby and had an excellent meal in the restaurant which we just discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Neighborhood Gem!MartyinPADined on 10/11/2013The food at the Piatto Grille has always been consistently good and continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerMMA69Dined on 9/29/2013We brought a group of 13 for dinner. Piatto's had reorganized the restaurant to separate us from others. We were a bit noisy! The food was excellent, as always. Compliments all around from all in the party for the food. Thank you to Piatto's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatto PleasureJosephVIPDined on 9/21/2013Piatto is a hidden gem in the strip mall setting reminiscent of Luke Palladino's in NJ; please give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulDiningDined on 9/14/2013Piatto Grille is a little hard to find because there is not a very visible sign on Ridge Pike and it sits at the back off of a side street. However, we were seated at a nice booth by the window. The service was just wonderful. Everyone was very attentive. The food was outstanding and the portions were good. Also, the bread and dip before dinner was just great. While we were eating, a group came in consisting of two couples and two children - one about 2 years old and a baby in a carrier. They were pretty loud and disruptive, but that was the only down side of our visit. We will definitely be returning here very often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How about a new favorite?ImaFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2013Located in a small strip center. Reservations are honored & walk-ins are welcomed. Save $, its a BYO! Chef/owner Gavin is dedicated to creating food that is different and very good. Service is friendly and prompt. Bread is served with a surprise spread - unique. There is a "tasting menu" that offers a 3-course meal at a bargain price. If you like mussels, there is a variety unlike any restaurant I have experienced. The menu is always evolving with changes and additions. Every meal has been a symphony of tastes. Try a Desert! Gavin may stop by to make sure that you are pleased with your meal. I don't believe you can get this quality food at this price - its not cheap, but reasonable. Tell Gavin that Chuck sent you - he will enjoy that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eclectic tastesNomieKnowsVIPDined on 8/27/2013The menu is always interesting and creative. Chef Gavin is truly interested in making sure you're pleased with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first, but not my lastfancyfeastDined on 8/22/2013My first, but not my last time to dine at this great spot. The food was varied and tasty. Interesting specials. BYOB, so you can save there. WE came ina small group and all of us loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatto Grill is Super!KibbyDined on 8/6/2013Incredible food and service at this hidden BYOB gem! Three-course tasting menu is the best. There are many wonderful flavors and combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, we enjoyed ourMargeiDined on 7/27/2013As always, we enjoyed our dinner. Everyone's food was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place with deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/29/2013Great little place with delicious food and very caring ownership. BYOB makes it a double delight. Pork osso buco was DELICIOUS!
- Of all the restaurants we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Of all the restaurants we've booked through Open Table, this was the absolute worst. The food was, at best, mediocre and the service was absolutely abyssmal. I would never go back nor recommend this restaurant to anyone.