187 SE Mizner Blvd #39
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 5613678851
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar
A word from Piattini
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Piattini - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
Piattini reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (11)special occasion (9)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Ever changing menubdaygirlVIPDined on 10/11/2014Small menu that changes, however, the chef will prepare your special request if possible. Mine is their eggplant parmigiana.Special Features:
- Best modern Italian foodFoodfan4VIPDined on 10/10/2014By far Piattini is our favorite restaurant. When you come here you feel like you are totally welcomed and at home. Service is great and the Chef even better. The best pork chops and seafood on South Florida. We consider ourselves foodies and this restaurant is at the top of the list. We have brought lots of friends here and everyone had loved their dish. Hats our to Lilo the best chef ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014The menu was nice and varied with a few twists compared to the standard Italian restaurant. The service was slow and the restaurant was only half full on the Wednesday night that we went. In season, this place could be mobbed and I don't know how the kitchen will keep up. Food was good but not great.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ItalianshellybocaVIPDined on 9/30/2014We went with a party of 6. The restaurant was empty when we arrived at 6:45 on a Tuesday. When we left only less than 1/2 was full. Hope their business picks up as the food is delicious. They start you off with a complimentary small antipasto--very nice. We waited awhile for wine and then to order. The waiter could see we were having conversations. Two people ordered flounder francais and they siad it was excellent. The chicken parm was not hot enough but that was rectified. I ordered 2 appetizers for dinner: grilled octopus on arugula with tiny white beans--delish. I also had a large antipasto plate--wow! It was so big! Five different kinds of meats, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, beans, olives, cheese--took 3/4 of it home!Special Features:
- Comfortable Outdoor Dining in BocaDeliciousVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great restaurant in Royal Palm Plaza. Delightful evening of Al Fresco dining in the heart of downtown Boca Raton. Outstanding service and a great menu of Italian Classics. The Chef offers to prepare dishes that aren't on the menu! Wow! Alex and Mara welcome their guests with warmth and appreciation....Love this restaurant ...And if you are looking for Outstanding table service, request Igor.....the nicest and friendliest server in Boca....Great Evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding in every wayFoodfan4VIPDined on 9/25/2014When you come to Piattini you feel like you have arrived at your best friends house. But the food is so much better! You are treated warmly and the service is great. Even more important the food is outstanding. From pork chops to eggplant rolletini the food is the best you can eat for gourmet Italian in south Florida. The prices are moderate and we love coming here. The chef is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIXED REVIEWhargolVIPDined on 9/18/2014COULD BE A NEIGHBORHOOD GEM. I HAD THE SWORDFISH WHICH WAS OUTSTANDING, COOKED PERFECT, WHILE MY WIFE HAD THE VEAL (I THINK, SORENTINO) WHICH WAS FILLED WITH BITTER SAGE LEAVES. WHEN WE COMPLAINED TO THE WAITER, HE SAID 'SORRY'.
- chettachettaDined on 8/15/2014I definitely would return to try more dishes. My friend and I had fettucine with clams in a white sauce. We thought it was delicious. Two people at my table had chicken parmesan, one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. The service was not that great and he wasn't that friendly. They don't have a big bar menu."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceTCNCVIPDined on 8/2/2014Were out of three fish items at 7:30 on Sat. Small portions, waier seemed annoyed. Won't go back. Newer restaurant, very bad experience. Wasn't busy and our charge, although split with another couple, ended up twice on my charge acct.
- peejVIPDined on 7/23/2014We were very disappointed. The food was average at best, waiters seemed overwhelmed and sometimes rude. It was very noisy and that made it difficult to have conversation.
- very good foodboyntonbeachsteveDined on 7/15/2014its located in mizner park area the food was very good we both had fish dishes , 1.had seafood over linguine in a white wine sauce, I had yellow tail snapper with liv sauce and two vegetables. we had the standard pasta p soup it had meat balls in it was diff and good. we finished with coffee. everything was fresh. the prices for this area are more than reasonable. note its $15 to bring your own wine which will work out much cheaper than ordering from the menu .we went on a tues evening and it a slow time of year..Special Features:
- PiattiniGramVIPDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful little restaurant. Great service delicious food. Pretty decor.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Piattini reviews archive.
- only fairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014The sauce on the chicken parm had no seasoning at all. VERY BLAND..... Ceasar dressing was fair........
- BasieVIPDined on 5/31/2014The best gnocchi outside of Italy! This "re-opened" restaurant is a true jewel.Special Features:
- YummybdaygirlVIPDined on 5/24/2014They had the best eggplant parm. Very fresh, not fried or drowning in sauce. Only negative $5 for a small side of pasta.Special Features:
- local favoriteniniVIPDined on 5/23/2014we will return often, great choice of appetizers and deserts sometimes problems with parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnervettesVIPDined on 5/19/2014eating outside was a pleasure. the weather and service were great. the food arrived hot and was delicious. brought my friends who enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK local restaurantfranklyrayVIPDined on 5/5/2014Will not rate as a favorite though our dining partners favor this as one of their "go to" local restaurants.Special Features:
- CharmingParticularDined on 4/30/2014Four of us all enjoyed our dinner, including one vegetarian. The food was excellent. Request an outdoor table if the weather is nice, but you can't go wrong indoors. It's a charming place for a lovely evening. I have wanted to eat here for a while and finally made it. I'm so glad I did. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to be more forthcomingVincentVIPDined on 4/29/2014It was a "nice evening" but waiters were a bit shaky speaking english. As a result, not much conversation or interesting information provided concerning the dishes or preparation was forthcoming... Which would have made the experience rewarding and add to the Italian ambience, resulting in greater appreciation of what were well prepared dishes. Food was subtly tasty. Which was really nice for a change, instead of being slapped in the face with excess garlic or rosemary!
- Always ask the price on specials!Lynn411VIPDined on 4/11/2014Piattini has a challenge to overcome since this location has been so many restaurants before it. We were served good bread and a plate of tapas to start. While my friends had pasta dishes and Caesar salad and enjoyed both I had the veal Francese which was just ok, served with broccoli by choice. My husband enjoyed their special fish of the day which is served with a pizzialo sauce. You can add whatever you would like to it so he chose olives and onions, not knowing each additional topping was an extra $2. Not nice to not mention this when stating the specials. It was good but certainly not worth the extra $4. The Tartuffo for dessert was delicious. The cappuccinos were reasonable and good. Plus the wine by the glass was plentiful and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very new and the owner isDisappointmentVIPDined on 4/11/2014Very new and the owner is taking special attention that everyone's happy. Great cheesecakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTARMDined on 4/3/2014Four of us went the other night and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, the service, the food and the reasonable pricing. We will be there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!!GittelDined on 3/27/2014We have been back three times..taking different friends. We think the food is superb, service excellent and a plus is the parking! We will definately be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horribleotdiner2012VIPDined on 3/15/2014One of the worse experiences. We arrived and it took the hostess 10 minutes to tell us they didn't have a table inside which was our preference. During that time, we heard 2 people complain that they had been there for more than an hour and hadn't been served. We sat outside (at a table abutting the parking lot) and ordered 4 appetizers (to be shared by 2 people) and a plate of pasta. We told the waiter the order in which we wanted the appetizers to come and they came all at once (which on hindsight was probably good as we wouldn't have gotten them otherwise). After 2 hours, we left without getting the pasta. The food was mediocre and definitely not worth the aggravation. There are much better choices, including some in the same center.
- my birthday dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Four of us arrived for my birthday dinner. I mentioned to the waiter that it was my birthday. The service was good, albeit a little rushed, and the food was good. I was surprised that our waiter did not offer a birthday dessert.Special Features:
- Promising LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2014Six of us dined at Piattini recently with mixed results. It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant was clearly understaffed. We sat outside and our waiter had tables indoors too.We got bottled water for the table but the waiter never asked for drink orders. We had to flag him down to order our meals. The food was slow to arrive. The chicken cacciatore and the gnocchi were delicious.the chicken paillard was rather bland. We decided against dessert after waiting so long to be served. The location and food have potential. They just need more help to make it all work.Special Features:
- It was okay, but nothing specialluv2eatVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had a 7:15 reservation for 4 on a Saturday night. We were running late, so I called and informed them that we would be about 15 mins. late. They said don't rush because they were also running late. We got there about 7:35, had trouble finding a parking space. We had to wait about 15 mins before we were seated. The food was okay, but nothing special. Reasonably priced, but not impressed enough to run back there again.
- Young high school host wasKAS1VIPDined on 3/7/2014Young high school host was extremely friendly and checked on our comfort a few times throughout dinner. Service was very good. I would say food was above average.
- new to the sceneLanieDined on 3/7/2014Piattini will be a hit in this area..well priced, beautiful deco and paintings, excellent service and good food...plus nice sized drinks. Altho a bit noisy. Mange!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurprisefoodfoolDined on 2/28/2014Three of us went to try this new place. Décor was lovely. Service was attentive. Food was excellent and a good wine list, reasonably priced. Will definitely return. Noise level when crowded was a bit high, but not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Evening with FriendsDeliciousVIPDined on 2/27/2014Piattini's is wonderful new restaurant on the back of Royal Palm Plaza...A great place to hang out casually with friends over a cocktail or glass of wine. Wonderful menu....you can go light with a salad and a bowl of their wonderful homemade soup...or go for a signature pasta dish...Their veal dishes are delicious as well as their fish!. We love this restaurant and make a habit of introducing it to our friends. Alex was again attentive...Danny did an outstanding job as our server and Igor....who we really like did his share to make our evening a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This location has had aboutbobsterDined on 2/24/2014This location has had about 5-7 restaurants in 20 years. This one is the best and we hope in makes it.Special Features:
- Bring Your Friends!DeliciousVIPDined on 2/23/2014Great restaurant in Royal Palm Plaza. Comfortable outdoor seating and excellent service. We were nicely greeted by Nicolas and as always, Alex stopped by to welcome us. On this night, Danny was are server and did an outstanding job!. We were also delighted to see our friend, Igor from the old Romano's restaurant working at Piattini's..what a wonderful surprise...!...Looking forward to seeing him as well as the other members of this outstanding team very soon. Highly recommend this 'new' restaurant to anyone looking for great Italian food at reasonable prices and with excellent service...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great taste but poor servicesblakeDined on 2/21/2014Our waiter had no input to the menu . He did not know how anything was prepared and did not keep an eye on us through the evening . Our entre took more then 30 minutes . Our wine was served warm . We tipped him well but he will bring the placed down if he doesn't up his game .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findLWLouDined on 2/19/2014The restaurant was updated which was nice but the new menu even better. It's authentic Italian food with some nice choices and you don't have to spend a fortune to get a nice weeknight dinner. The Gnocchi with pomodoro sauce blew me away, a simple dish but best I ever had. Seems like an older crowd but that's Boca I guess. The oudtoor tables are very nice but too many smokers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDeliciousVIPDined on 2/19/2014Great new restaurant in Royal Palm Plaza...Outstanding food...cooked to order...with the freshest ingredients ...The Chef will also prepare a dish to your specifications....so nice to find this type of service available. The staff is friendly and nice....Jose did an outstanding job... waiting on our table .....he made our afternoon out fun and entertaining. Alex, the owner...checked in with us to make sure we had everything we needed ...so great to have that attention to detail....It's new and they are doing everything 'Right' to bring in new customers and keep those of us who have found them coming back and bringing our friends...Outstanding in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just opened a couple weeksBBEEDined on 2/17/2014Just opened a couple weeks ago so it's early to judge. The food measured up to the chef's reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for valentines day orWesnan17Dined on 2/14/2014Great for valentines day or special romantic holiday meal,,we loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!GiovanniDined on 2/13/2014One of the nicest outdoor dining spots in Boca Raton, and the food is very good. Lillo and Alex are great together. I do wish they offered a small plate menu (after all, the word "piattini" means small plates!) My osso bucco was delicious but enough for 2-3 people. As a senior, enormous plates of food overwhelm me.Special Features: