Piatti - Seattle
2695 NE Village Lane
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/seattle/
- Phone: 2065249088x
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday: Bar Happy Hours 3pm – 6pm & 9pm – Close
Every Monday: 1/2 Price Wine Bottles, All Day
Every Saturday & Sunday: Brunch Happy Hour 10am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mark Shaughnessy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us do all the work! From boxed lunches to family style dinners we'll be sure that every detail is taken care of so you can enjoy your party.
- Special Events: Our Event Spaces are perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal or Baby Showers, Post-Wedding Brunches, Business Meetings or Wine Tastings.
Our Private Fireplace Room can accommodate up to 40 guests.
Our Semi-Private North Atrium can accommodate up to 65 guests.
Our Semi-Private South Atrium can accommodate up to 20 guests.
A word from Piatti - Seattle
Piatti Ristorante & Bar is a vivacious, casually elegant restaurant featuring moderately priced Italian cuisine using the highest quality Northwest ingredients. Entrees include wood-fired pizzas, house-made breads & pastas, light fresh salads, and all-natural meats. Our extensive winelist offers 30+ wines by the glass with emphasis on Italian & Northwest wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Seattle - Best Restaurants in U Village / U District ›
Piatti - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (32)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (22)good for groups (21)romantic (18)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Piatti ReviewpickydinerDined on 8/18/2014Always reliably fantastic! The half price wine Mondays was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankeekarinDined on 8/14/2014I prefer the soup/salad/bread with olive oil route. We went for a birthday dinner and the entree (pasta) was overwhelming for one meal (took some home), and there wasn't enough variety. I would have preferred half the entree and a green salad or cup of soup instead of just the bread and the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and always funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Piatti's in University Village has always been one of my favorites for my daughter and I to frequent. Since we are both gluten intolerant, we know we can have many great food choices. The other night we were eating outside with one of my daughter's best friends ~ the food was delicious ~ the service was outstanding ~ and when our waiter found out it was a "reunion" he surprised us with a yummy dessert. Try the gluten free pasta with homemade sausage ~ the flavor is fabulous. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience, minor critiquechiefDined on 8/10/2014Overall, dining here was pleasant. Service was very friendly and mostly prompt. Receiving our drinks after our first order was slow, but the custom drink we ordered was very good (first time the bartender had made it!). Food was just above average. The most negative comment is that the pasta (w/ the chicken picatta) was overcooked - which is a no-no for an Italian restaurant. Pizza was very good. The rest of the meals were fine. We would give it a try again.Special Features:
- Fabulous group dinner at PiattiPiattiPiattiDined on 8/3/2014I had a reservation initially for 15, but these guys accommodated our swollen group of 22 people. They close at 9 in sundays, however no one ever told us or nudged that we had to leave as we lingered until 10 - that to me is exceptional hosting! Very polite and cheerful host - thank you so much. Food was just great, and one should definitely try their tiramisu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently mouth-wateringLovesFineFoodDined on 8/1/2014We have been coming to Piatti's for over 10 years. We have never been disappointed. We come with eager anticipation of what we will order and how delicious the meal will be from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeing a friend near U-District?cottonDined on 7/30/2014Reception was organized and gracious. Table was ready on arrival. Special request to have a table out of the way was honored very nicely, so we could talk freely. Service was efficient. Food was very satisfying. What's not to like? Nothing -- except the parking in U-Village is crazy while the parking structures are under construction. Suggest you bite the bullet and just go to the garage in the SW corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great summer lunch!ElenaDined on 7/30/2014A cool drink, a Burrata, and the limoncello cheesecake for dessert. Can't beat it!Special Features:
- Consistently good.SeattlelocalDined on 7/18/2014Piatti is a nice family friendly medium priced restaurant, the price is between Olive Garden and il Fornaio. The atmosphere is bright and comfortable, the food and service are consistently good. I do recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- always a good time at Piatti!ElenaDined on 7/17/2014A late lunch mid-week with a friend. Sunshine on the patio. Wow, the only things that could make it even better are a couple of cucumber coolers and a Burrata. What's "Burrata", you say? Better hurry right down there and try it! Never tasted anything like it. Too much for one person for a starter, we thought, so we were glad we split it. We were both happy with our entree -- the gnocchi and the asparagus ravioli. I'm sure I'm going to go back and get another Burrata before it goes away for the season!Special Features:
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014Another delicious lunch served by an attentive but unobtrusive waiter. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Husbands 50th Birthday on July 4thKMezDined on 7/4/2014Having a Birthday on the fourth of July is always a challenge. But Piatti's has always been open and the food is always good. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the wine was notable l'ecole 41 Merlot. Our server was wonderful and quite helpful. He even got under the table and fixed the foot to stop it from wobbling!Special Features:
- Just Right with a Touch of ElegancejojimDined on 7/4/2014The service and food never disappoint in a casual ambience with a touch of elegance. The space is works well for a group or a date and the noise level is not uncomfortably quiet and still allows for easy conversation. The price range is reasonable for the quality of service, presentation, and dinner. You always know that you and your guests will be treated well and that the experience will be pleasant and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can we cook the potatoes?Hc777VIPDined on 6/28/2014You pay $25 for a halibut dinner and the potatoes are almost raw. With so much new competition at u village the kitchen seems to be lacking nowadays. We won't be back and had gone for years.
- Great food, great serviceLovinLifeDined on 6/16/2014They accommodated our group of 11 with no problem with excellent service throughout. The waitress and sommelier were very helpful and cheerful. The food was a good selection and every person at the table loved their dish. I'd recommend Piatti to my family and friends and know that we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamescameronDined on 6/14/2014We're always looking for new restaurants in the north end of Seattle . . . Piatti is a nice find, with great food and an appealing atmosphere. Some restaurants crowd their tables together, making conversation difficult, but spacing at Piatti was more than ample. And then there was the final nice touch . . . it was our 34th wedding anniversary, and the server gave us the dessert on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceGrandmacelebratesDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding dining experience! Our party of 7 was celebrating our son's graduation from college. The graduate's grandmother had a delayed flight an arrived at the restaurant nearly an hour after the rest of our party. Our waiter, Nicoholas was incredibly accomodating and suggested our family relax and enjoy drinks and starters in the outside dining area while awaiting grandmother's arrival. Although we tied up a table for 7 for 3 hours, we never felt rushed. Delicious food, wonderful service. Everyone enjoyed the evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always steadyjtdsonDined on 6/11/2014If you have been to Piatti's more than once, you know what you are getting. The food will be good -- not overwhelming, but very good. This time we had a poor service person and were disappointed in that Nonetheless, we had a great time and a good chat in a comfortable enviroment.Special Features:
- Fireside in MayCBTBDined on 5/29/2014So relaxing to have a table next to the fire while waiting for my lunch companion. Service was as excellent as the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarciDined on 5/24/2014Extensive and interesting menu with wonderful food. Our server was fantastic and very friendly. Have always enjoyed coming to Piatti for both lunch and dinner. Will continue to dine here for its good atmosphere and exquisite meals.Special Features:
- Sometimes you win...FoodieGVIPDined on 5/21/2014We have gone to Piatti on numerous occasions over the past several years and are generally pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Over the past year we have noticed a decline in both the service and the food. The $26 halibut entree was salty to the point of being inedible. The garnish with it was lovely. The tomato sauce has become bland and overly sweet to the point of tasting as though it came out of a can. We've always thought of Piatti as our go-to place, but for the price, there are far better options in the area.
- Good lunch spotSusieSusieDined on 5/15/2014The salads and sandwiches were good. It is always reliable.Special Features:
- Great ServiceNotaFoodSnobDined on 5/14/2014We booked a going away work happy hour for 13 people. The patio was warm, but not sunny and the ambiance was great. Service by far was the best! Our server even made individual checks for everyone!! We will be backSpecial Features:
- Nice placehartlbbDined on 5/11/2014Nice place, food was decent. I had a special (Salmon Risoto), which was just OK. Would like to go back and try again.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysEnjoyDined on 5/11/2014I have been going here since it opened. i go alone, with friends and with family. the experience and food is always worth it. The ambiance is wonderful, bright, sunny, pleasant. this time we went for Mother's Day and even when though they were busy we never felt forgotten and the food was still good.Special Features:
- Excellent ServicepunkrockmpDined on 5/11/2014We made our reservations, they called to confirm 24 hours before we arrived. Upon arrival they had an excellent table already set with menus ready. Our server was very attentive for our party of six. The mother's day brunch menu was excellent. The seared pork belly with polenta is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamma got a new pair of shoes!!!!!!dorkface123Dined on 5/11/2014We had a really great time. Our in-laws loved the place. We especially liked that Piatti serves bellinis. These make quiet the difference.Special Features:
- Okay....PhoenixVisitorDined on 5/8/2014Piatti is a typical chain Italian Restaurant. Good, but not great. The service here was very good and staff was friendly. We were seated in a room with a fireplace, which was very nice as it was a cool, rainy night. The table next to us were celebrating a birthday and were quite loud. That didn't really bother us and the overall ambience was good. The menu items were not traditional Italian, but more Modern Italian.We started by splitting the Romaine Wedge Salad, which was very good. My husband enjoyed his Chicken and pasta dish. I ordered the halibut, which had great possibilities, but was overcooked and drenched in too much butter/oil/sauce. The wine selection was not huge, but there were some nice choices.
- So-so in all respectsJerceDined on 5/6/2014I hadn't been to this restaurant in years, so I decided to stop in when I was in U Village. The ambience is nice, the noise level is fine, it's a pleasing place to be. But the food and service were disappointing. We were charged for something we didn't order, the waitress vanished toward the end of the meal, which left us sitting there about 30 minutes longer than we wanted to, and the food was bland and uninspired. Sadly, I won't be going back.
- Reliable - always satisfactoryBoboDined on 5/3/2014Great local Italian food with great neighborhood feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableRussFromBellevueDined on 4/28/2014We've been going there for several years and always have a good experience with food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 663 reviews are from the Piatti - Seattle reviews archive.
- Easter at Piatti'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Very nice Easter lunch and great service, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchbellegriseDined on 4/20/2014My son came to town for Easter and we had to come up with a place to have Easter Brunch as he was leaving that afternoon. Went to open Table and found Piatti's. I could have been more pleased. It was a wonder place to have brunch. Food was great, service was great, just as nice relaxing place to eat.Special Features:
- easter sunday brunchnfbbabDined on 4/20/2014the staff at the restaurant are wonderful. the food, not so much, at least on this occasion. my caesar salad seemed not to have any dressing, and no anchovy, as i was promised. the children's dishes had hash browns and lots of fruit... the adult's dishes, none?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RudiDined on 4/16/2014Piatti is a dining spot we consistently return to. Service is always top notch, "extras" like the bread and great dipping sauce are things we always enjoy. A highlight of our most recent visit was particularly attentive and friendly service from Devin. He took good care of us and made us feel welcome while taking care of multiple tables on a busy night during Seattle Restaurant Week. The only disappointment of the evening was my beet salad. The "golden" beets were a disconcerting shade of gray, and the "micro" greens were indeed tiny and sparse. The rigatoni with a fantastic lamb sausage more than compensated. We're planning to come back on a Monday night when, as Devin pointed out, bottles of wine are 50% off.
- Yum yum yumFoodie2shoesDined on 4/15/2014I came here with a friend to imbibe in a couple glasses of wine and their seattle restaurant week. Their duck prosciutto salad was good...perfectly dressed and garnished. The lamb was really good, but I felt the vegetables that went with it was a touch too acid and a hair overdone. That's being nitpicky though. The panacotta was amazing...and the flourless chocolate cake was good, but a little on the dense side. Our servers was great and prompt so overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely satisfiedExtremelySatisfiedDined on 4/8/2014I could tell my lady needed a special night out, so I researched various restaurants participating in restaurant week. Her favorite is Italian, and I chose Piatti. The thoughtful hostess went the extra-mile to accommodate my seating request submitted via OpenTable. Danielle, our waitress, was delightful and she helped add to an overall excellent experience. I'm no foodie, but the 3-course meal we each had was spectacular, and I HIGHLY recommend Piatti if you're in the mood for Italian and/or you want to treat your lady/man well on a weekday (or any other day!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality excellent.MartiDined on 4/7/2014The food at Piatti is very good. It is clear that the chef(s) work very hard to make it outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchCassiecatVIPDined on 4/5/2014Piatti offers brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. Interesting options, food reliably good.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014Piatti in the University Village area of Seattle is worth a vist. Delicious Italian food with nice ambiance. Take a break from shopping and enjoy a lovely dinner.Special Features: