Piatti - Seattle
2695 NE Village Lane
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
U Village / U District
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/seattle/
- Phone: (206) 524-9088
- Hours of Operation:
Everyday: Bar Happy Hours 3pm – 6pm & 9pm – Close
Every Monday: 1/2 Price Wine Bottles, All Day
Every Saturday & Sunday: Brunch Happy Hour 10am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us do all the work! From boxed lunches to family style dinners we'll be sure that every detail is taken care of so you can enjoy your party.
- Special Events: Our Event Spaces are perfect for Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal or Baby Showers, Post-Wedding Brunches, Business Meetings or Wine Tastings.
Our Private Fireplace Room can accommodate up to 40 guests.
Our Semi-Private North Atrium can accommodate up to 65 guests.
Our Semi-Private South Atrium can accommodate up to 20 guests.
A word from Piatti - Seattle
Piatti’s prime location is just north of downtown Seattle in University Village, an open-air lifestyle shopping center which offers a unique formula of locally-owned boutiques and signature national retailers. This rich and vibrant community is the perfect home for Piatti, which features a lively bar scene, engaging activities for the little ones and a market-driven menu that caters to all different tastes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Seattle - Best Restaurants in U Village / U District ›
Piatti - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (34)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (20)good for groups (19)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Enjoyable, good service; food was hit or miss.DougSDined on 11/18/2014Fried appetizer plater was ok, but fried calamari was tough. Salmon special was very good, though the pastas were so-so, orrechiette was gummy. Dessert donut holes were outstanding, other desserts just ok. Service was excellent. It's a pleasant atmosphere with good menu selections and a decent wine list, just wish the food were a notch or two better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsElenaDined on 11/7/2014Once again met with special friends for delicious Piatti meal. We're seated in quiet booth per my special request through Open Table. Enjoyed the mussels appetizer which is outstanding. Friends enjoyed special tenderloin dinner which was superb. I had special risotto - yummy. We enjoyed house Chardonnay and cab which were both excellent value. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Great service as always! Be sure to make reservations because lots of drop ins at U Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annieo2Dined on 10/31/2014Love this restaurant . It never disappoints my expectations. Everything was beyond delicious . I had lunch with a new friend who always loves Piatti as well.Special Features:
- LunchcougarDined on 10/29/2014I and friends love to come to Piatti for lunch and go shopping too. I was so disappointed that the new chef had taken the polenta fries off the menu. I and some of my friends were planning on them this lunch visit. Hope they come back on the menu. We will we back again because everything is so good,including the service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedinternationaldinerDined on 10/23/2014Yes, it was restaurant week and $15.00 isn't much. I asked for a gluten free bun and was told it was an extra $3.00. When I declined the waitress decided not to bring bread with my sandwich. She was in such a hurry that she didn't really wait for my reply as to whether I wanted bread or not. Also, since when is it appropriate to serve tea with milk and sugar and no spoon? We felt like we were the dregs of society and were also not offered a dessert menu. The appetizer was skimpy, but the soup my companion had was very tasty. Since the restaurant was not busy and it was restaurant week, expecting the pork portion of the sandwich to be served hot should have been important.Special Features:
- A Wondrous TimeYummyDatesDined on 10/21/2014We went to Piatti for Seattle Restaurant Week and had an amazing experience. We've enjoyed dining there before, and this time as always, the food was delicious - especially the desserts: lemon olive oil cake with honey and the flourless chocolate cake with coconut gelato were absolutely amazing! The fried polenta appetizer was also very tasty, we had never heard of polenta being fried but were very pleasantly surprised and would get it again. Main dishes with salmon and pork both perfectly tender and had wonderful flavor combinations. The service was excellent, and though the restaurant was relatively crowded, the noise levels were fine and space between tables adequate so we enjoyed a nice intimate dinner. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageJanTDined on 10/21/2014A friend took me out for a birthday lunch, and we took advantage of the Seattle Restaurant week menu. She had the polenta app, and I had the zucchini with cheese app. The zucchini was a cold app with little flavor, very boring. The polenta was just ok. Our salmon was an average preparation. Two types of bread were brought to the table with an olive oil and balsamic dip...very good. Good selection of wines. Although the waitress knew we were celebrating a birthday, there was no mention of a complimentary dessert...that's a first in my years of dining! Ambience is great.Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Impeccable ServiceElenaDined on 10/19/2014Fabulous restaurant and never disappointed … Four friends enjoyed muscle appetizer - couldn't get enough of the broth for dipping and muscles perfectly cooked. Friends had salmon and pork roast, I had salad and marguerite pizza - we all had desserts - Myer lemon cake, chocolate cake - all yummy. Waiter was terrific and attended to our every need - quick and responsive, friendly and helpful suggestions. Great wine and beer list. Favorite restaurant but in hugely congested U Village and Piatti needs locations in Bellevue and Palm Desert, CA.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Fast preparation of food. Great delivery and conscientious wait staff. Made us feel like old friends. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Food was quite good, wine list extensive but definelty felt rushed; being asked for dessert picks and coffees with half a bottle of wine left. Overall, a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You will enjoy this place!PeterSDined on 10/15/2014Lively, open dining environment, delicious food and friendly service. The butternut squash ravioli was to die for! The bar is inviting even for singles. I go frequently, and recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Plain ExcellentTheHappyFoodieDined on 10/8/2014The service was as great as the food. Three of us shared different entrees including salmon (perfect), gnocchi (fresh) and risotto with short ribs (melt-in-your-mouth). The desserts were delectable...our knowledgeable and appropriately attentive server recommended the limoncello cheesecake and flour less chocolate cake. They were worth the price of sinful admission. Even the virgin mint julep was outstanding. We chose to eat in the bar, which was more intimate and less noisy. Piatti is consistently an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent choicenwloverDined on 10/3/2014I love piatti and it is a regular for myself and girlfriends. Also enjoyed a great dinner with hubby and then went to see a game at UW. Perfect location and lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Friday night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014We had a nice dinner before synagogue on Yom Kippur. The service was OK but responsive when we got our server's attention. My gluten free pasta was OK but the chicken was overdone and a bit chewy. I wouldn't order this dish again. The dip for the bread is deadly....good but lots of garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been coming to Piatti for 10 plus years and still love it! They surprised me with a celebration for my 100th visit. It was so very kind of the management and wait staff. We keep returning because they always have great service and food. It is our #1 place to go for a nice dinner with reasonable prices in Seattle. We see other couples and families returning and we know why. We are so happy you are at U-Village. Thank you Piatti!Special Features:
- Lovely saladsChrisSeattleDined on 9/17/2014My cousin and I had a very nice evening get together. Super service, very attentive waitress. Convenient gathering place. Good vibe but not too noisy. Good for conversation. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!texastravellerDined on 9/1/2014The food at Piatti is always wonderful. Some innovative dishes, some old standards, all perfectly prepared. Service can be a bit slow, especially when the restaurant is full (as it often is), but because we know that in advance we use the time for more good conversation and take our time with the meal.Special Features:
- Piatti ReviewpickydinerDined on 8/18/2014Always reliably fantastic! The half price wine Mondays was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yankeekarinDined on 8/14/2014I prefer the soup/salad/bread with olive oil route. We went for a birthday dinner and the entree (pasta) was overwhelming for one meal (took some home), and there wasn't enough variety. I would have preferred half the entree and a green salad or cup of soup instead of just the bread and the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable and always funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Piatti's in University Village has always been one of my favorites for my daughter and I to frequent. Since we are both gluten intolerant, we know we can have many great food choices. The other night we were eating outside with one of my daughter's best friends ~ the food was delicious ~ the service was outstanding ~ and when our waiter found out it was a "reunion" he surprised us with a yummy dessert. Try the gluten free pasta with homemade sausage ~ the flavor is fabulous. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience, minor critiquechiefDined on 8/10/2014Overall, dining here was pleasant. Service was very friendly and mostly prompt. Receiving our drinks after our first order was slow, but the custom drink we ordered was very good (first time the bartender had made it!). Food was just above average. The most negative comment is that the pasta (w/ the chicken picatta) was overcooked - which is a no-no for an Italian restaurant. Pizza was very good. The rest of the meals were fine. We would give it a try again.Special Features:
- Fabulous group dinner at PiattiPiattiPiattiDined on 8/3/2014I had a reservation initially for 15, but these guys accommodated our swollen group of 22 people. They close at 9 in sundays, however no one ever told us or nudged that we had to leave as we lingered until 10 - that to me is exceptional hosting! Very polite and cheerful host - thank you so much. Food was just great, and one should definitely try their tiramisu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently mouth-wateringLovesFineFoodDined on 8/1/2014We have been coming to Piatti's for over 10 years. We have never been disappointed. We come with eager anticipation of what we will order and how delicious the meal will be from appetizer to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeing a friend near U-District?cottonDined on 7/30/2014Reception was organized and gracious. Table was ready on arrival. Special request to have a table out of the way was honored very nicely, so we could talk freely. Service was efficient. Food was very satisfying. What's not to like? Nothing -- except the parking in U-Village is crazy while the parking structures are under construction. Suggest you bite the bullet and just go to the garage in the SW corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great summer lunch!ElenaDined on 7/30/2014A cool drink, a Burrata, and the limoncello cheesecake for dessert. Can't beat it!Special Features:
- The following 686 reviews are from the Piatti - Seattle reviews archive.
- Consistently good.SeattlelocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014Piatti is a nice family friendly medium priced restaurant, the price is between Olive Garden and il Fornaio. The atmosphere is bright and comfortable, the food and service are consistently good. I do recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- always a good time at Piatti!ElenaDined on 7/17/2014A late lunch mid-week with a friend. Sunshine on the patio. Wow, the only things that could make it even better are a couple of cucumber coolers and a Burrata. What's "Burrata", you say? Better hurry right down there and try it! Never tasted anything like it. Too much for one person for a starter, we thought, so we were glad we split it. We were both happy with our entree -- the gnocchi and the asparagus ravioli. I'm sure I'm going to go back and get another Burrata before it goes away for the season!Special Features:
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/17/2014Another delicious lunch served by an attentive but unobtrusive waiter. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Husbands 50th Birthday on July 4thKMezDined on 7/4/2014Having a Birthday on the fourth of July is always a challenge. But Piatti's has always been open and the food is always good. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the wine was notable l'ecole 41 Merlot. Our server was wonderful and quite helpful. He even got under the table and fixed the foot to stop it from wobbling!Special Features:
- Just Right with a Touch of ElegancejojimDined on 7/4/2014The service and food never disappoint in a casual ambience with a touch of elegance. The space is works well for a group or a date and the noise level is not uncomfortably quiet and still allows for easy conversation. The price range is reasonable for the quality of service, presentation, and dinner. You always know that you and your guests will be treated well and that the experience will be pleasant and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can we cook the potatoes?Hc777VIPDined on 6/28/2014You pay $25 for a halibut dinner and the potatoes are almost raw. With so much new competition at u village the kitchen seems to be lacking nowadays. We won't be back and had gone for years.
- Great food, great serviceLovinLifeDined on 6/16/2014They accommodated our group of 11 with no problem with excellent service throughout. The waitress and sommelier were very helpful and cheerful. The food was a good selection and every person at the table loved their dish. I'd recommend Piatti to my family and friends and know that we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jamescameronDined on 6/14/2014We're always looking for new restaurants in the north end of Seattle . . . Piatti is a nice find, with great food and an appealing atmosphere. Some restaurants crowd their tables together, making conversation difficult, but spacing at Piatti was more than ample. And then there was the final nice touch . . . it was our 34th wedding anniversary, and the server gave us the dessert on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceGrandmacelebratesDined on 6/12/2014Outstanding dining experience! Our party of 7 was celebrating our son's graduation from college. The graduate's grandmother had a delayed flight an arrived at the restaurant nearly an hour after the rest of our party. Our waiter, Nicoholas was incredibly accomodating and suggested our family relax and enjoy drinks and starters in the outside dining area while awaiting grandmother's arrival. Although we tied up a table for 7 for 3 hours, we never felt rushed. Delicious food, wonderful service. Everyone enjoyed the evening. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Always steadyjtdsonDined on 6/11/2014If you have been to Piatti's more than once, you know what you are getting. The food will be good -- not overwhelming, but very good. This time we had a poor service person and were disappointed in that Nonetheless, we had a great time and a good chat in a comfortable enviroment.Special Features:
- Fireside in MayCBTBDined on 5/29/2014So relaxing to have a table next to the fire while waiting for my lunch companion. Service was as excellent as the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarciDined on 5/24/2014Extensive and interesting menu with wonderful food. Our server was fantastic and very friendly. Have always enjoyed coming to Piatti for both lunch and dinner. Will continue to dine here for its good atmosphere and exquisite meals.Special Features:
- Sometimes you win...FoodieGVIPDined on 5/21/2014We have gone to Piatti on numerous occasions over the past several years and are generally pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Over the past year we have noticed a decline in both the service and the food. The $26 halibut entree was salty to the point of being inedible. The garnish with it was lovely. The tomato sauce has become bland and overly sweet to the point of tasting as though it came out of a can. We've always thought of Piatti as our go-to place, but for the price, there are far better options in the area.
- Good lunch spotSusieSusieDined on 5/15/2014The salads and sandwiches were good. It is always reliable.Special Features:
- Great ServiceNotaFoodSnobDined on 5/14/2014We booked a going away work happy hour for 13 people. The patio was warm, but not sunny and the ambiance was great. Service by far was the best! Our server even made individual checks for everyone!! We will be backSpecial Features: