Piatti - Santa Clara
3905 Rivermark Plaza
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Santa Clara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/santaclara/
- Phone: 4083309212x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Look no further than Piatti for all of your private event needs. From business meetings to executive lunches, networking parties to large-scale corporate functions, we've got a dedicated team that will make certain that your event is seamlessly executed. Enjoy one of our existing private dining menus or work with our Banquet Coordinator to customize a menu that's perfect for your event.
The warm and inviting Medici Room features a beautiful stone fire place and can accommodate up to 55 seated and 75 standing guests.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Coler 4083309212x
A word from Piatti - Santa Clara
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in the conveniently located Rivermark Plaza, Piatti offers a delightful reprieve from the everyday. Featuring a gorgeous outdoor courtyard, an indoor sun-soaked terrace and an open floor plan that includes a vibrant bar and lounge, Piatti is the go-to spot for corporate lunches, after-work cocktail hour, group dinners and private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Santa Clara - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Piatti - Santa Clara reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (46)good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (14)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Noise level is too loud: not possible to have a decent conversation. Food is OK not great not bad. Service could be better. Parking is hell.
- Consistently Excellentnapadiner2VIPDined on 9/16/2014Piatti's was my choice to have a business lunch this week, and it was superb. Our server was professional, polite, and attentive just enough. We had the portabello and the chicken ciabata sandwiches which come with a good portion of wild green salad. They were all well-made, fresh ingredients, and served quite promptly.Special Features:
- Great food, and ambiance!FanofuniquecuisineDined on 9/11/2014We came to Piatti for my boss's birthday lunch, so we made a reservation. Not only did the hostess call to confirm my reservation, but she also offered various seating options, as well as offered to print special menus specifically for our party. It was such a sweet gesture, and we all valued the extra attention. I will definitely be back for a date night with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more friendly staffHiGeoffVIPDined on 9/9/2014The server was good as always. However, the girl showing the table didn't even look at us when we arrived at the table, not to mention no word like "Enjoy your meal", or anything close.Special Features:
- friend's outingenergy4theraceDined on 9/5/2014I met with some friends to have a good pasta dinner the night before a 5K race we were doing together. We enjoyed a drink, good food and great atmosphere. Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the wine selection, all our pasta entrees were tasty and we were able to talk freely without disturbing others.Special Features:
- Lunch MeetingsgpaulgrayVIPDined on 9/5/2014I like Piatti for business lunches and for dinner + wine after work. The parking situation at Rivermark can be challenging, especially around lunch time, but it's generally ok. Great ambiance and the pizzas are very very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food remains to be improved. I have very fond memories of all the dining events in the La Jolla "Piatti", which has excellent food (risotto in particular) in addition to the vibrant atmosphere and great outdoor patio - one of the best dining places in La Jolla. Santa Clara "Piatti" is mostly "business" dining oriented, with employees of Oracle, Intel and other nearby companies coming for lunch in groups. Seems like food quality and service is less important for the management of this "Piatti".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrvineGuestDined on 8/27/2014Ordered the spaghetti. Sauce tasted good and pasta cooked perfectly. However, disappointed in the portion size and with the ground beef as it reminded me of a Taco Bell taco. Chef could have used a higher quality type of meat. Prior to this lunch, I ate there and ordered the blank-ink pasta which I still remember to this day as amazing. Too bad they did not have it.Special Features:
- Much too expensiveTravelerDined on 8/22/2014Seems to cater to people trying to impress others. Narrow menu selection and what they have is unusual and quite expensive for what it is.
- Piatti Santa Clara always pleases!RuthiDined on 8/13/2014I love Piatti and bring clients and friends there. The staff and management are personable and I am always treated like a VIP - which is why I keep coming back. (I'd come back any way for the terrific food! Try the risotto! Best in Bay Area [outside of SF]! The bar staff are always concocting new cocktails, which keeps things interesting. I would recommend Piatti for any event: romantic dinner, work groups, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays - it is simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Easy AtmosphereSF0772VIPDined on 8/6/2014very solid food - great atmosphere - a definitely mid week recommendSpecial Features:
- janicehVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service was excellent. My salmon was delicious and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his linguini and clams. Our server was outstanding, he was helpful, prompt, courteous and very pleasant. I would highly recommend Piatti's.Special Features:
- good foodAgonzalez2290Dined on 7/31/2014The food was good A little pricey.but the service was good outside sitting was nice romantic date or bring the kids.Special Features:
- Rockfish should be taken off menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014I take clients to Piatti and usually the food is fine but this last time, the rockfish that I ordered was inedible.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I have been there before and warned to take my wife. We went and unfortunately she was not impressed. We sat on patio because weather was beautiful, however when it started to cool down, we asked if they could turn on one of the heat lamps. W were told they had no propane. Poor planning on their part. The food was average at best that night as well as their service. I marked three stars symbolizing "average"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimetoNYCDined on 7/2/2014Great team dinner, we stopped by after work to grab some food and celebrate. Slightly slow to get our food order taken and get the food for the team of 8 people but overall good experience and great tasting food. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great scallops & calimari. Pizza noSallySDined on 6/18/2014Seafood was a hit. Pizza was a miss according to my friend from New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The Calamari was very good as was the Ahi Tuna appetizer. The scallops entre was outstanding. Service from Haley was impeccable. Clone her. Nice experience.
- akodaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Haven't been to Piatti's for several years but the food was great and our waiter was outstanding. If Javier is working, sit in his section.Special Features:
- Noise Level and ServiceKailua64Dined on 6/5/2014Due to a very bad parking situation we arrived 15 minutes late but our table was held for us. The noise level is terrible. I could not hear my companions at all. The waiter didn't come back to check with us until we were nearly finished with lunch. I asked for more salad dressing but he didn't ever bring it, nor did he acknowledge my request when he brought the check. My companion ordered a lamb sandwich and was brought a crab sandwich but they quickly brought the correct order. (The waiter probably couldn't hear either!). My salad was excellent, even thought it lacked salad dressing. I may return but would arrive either very early or after the lunch crowd left. There were many lunch items I'd like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePNellyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Met a colleague for dinner an each of us enjoyed our perfectly made dry martinis at the bar. At our table we both enjoyed the tomato soup special and I had one of the best risottos ever with asparagus and pancetta. Ended the meal with an exquisite panna cotta and strawberries Great meal. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysDressingOnTheSideDined on 5/29/2014Took a group of 4 to lunch at Piatti, and we had great service and excellent food as I have always experienced in the past. Highly recommended for business lunches or any occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerTreenWVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a great experience here on Saturday for an early dinner. My sea scallops with lemon risotto cake was excellent. My companions enjoyed the large pork chop special and a pasta dish. And we always come for the chopped salad - yum. My companions also enjoyed the dark chocolate gelato. Service was attentive and friendly. I believe Piatti is busy on weekdays and week nights but we can't understand why more people don't dine here on Saturday evenings. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is lovely.Special Features:
- The following 560 reviews are from the Piatti - Santa Clara reviews archive.
- Good food, not too pricy. But...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014Have been going to Piatti for years. Overall, the restaurant has good food. A year ago I would have consistently rated it 4-stars, but now it really varies. This most recent visit we ended-up doing several starters: calamari, mozzarella & heirloom caprese and a pizza to share. Disappointed that the restaurant has chosen to stop serving olives at the tables - what Italian restaurant doesn't have olives!?!? But I digress... While I didn't have the calamari I was told it was lukewarm and a little chewy. I did have the caprese. Not bad and perhaps less flavorful because tomatoes aren't quite in-season yet. The pizza while very good took forever. Mushroom risotto undercooked & bland - disappointed. Other pastas were good though. Go figure.Special Features:
- Not Your Typical Italian RestaurantFieldEngineerDined on 5/20/2014I found this gem 3 years ago when I was in the area for business. I am not big on Italian restaurants because I am not a fan of pasta. I actually stumbled upon this restaurant because the Re Robin across the street had a 45 min. wait for a table. I read the outside menu and I'm glad I did. At the time they had wild boar shanks listed. They have a mix of both northern and southern Italian cooking. So, if you're not into pasta, you can get an excellent northern Italian meal at a very reasonable price. Whenever I'm in the area, I make a point to have at least one meal here.Special Features:
- the one in danville is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014food choices soso pizza acceptable service slow expensive
- Like the variable menuTKuliDined on 5/14/2014We frequently go to Piatti for business lunch and dinners. Outdoor seating is nice during the lunch time, get to breathe some outside air and get out of the cubicle! Since we do go there frequently, I do like the rotation of new items onto the menu, keeps some element of surprise into each visit. In fact, by chance, this last week, I was invited to Piatti for lunch, and then I was inviting a different group of people for dinner on the same day. I was concerned that going there twice on the same day would be deja vu all over again. But, gladly, there were even differences between the lunch entrees and dinner entrees. The roasted duck breast they had this week was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- animal82VIPDined on 5/12/2014as always Piatti was great for a business lunch. This time the service was a bit slow - which worked because we were talking business but if I had been there for a causal lunch I would have brought it up with the manager.Special Features:
- Nice and easy for client luncheonPatriciaDined on 5/6/2014No nonsense service. In and out for a nice quick lunch with customer.Special Features:
- Client Dinner - Night IICompanyEventPlannerDined on 5/1/2014Well, we had two dinners planned this evening. Out of all of the restaurants in the area, Piatti's was among the two chosen. The VP of whom I made these reservations for stated that ALL of the clients he brought to the dinner were very pleased. The service was very pleasant & responsive. The food was spectacular. The restaurant was perfect. I will definitely keep this restaurant's information for future client dinners in the area.Special Features:
- Lunch 23-April-14 for twoJenSDined on 4/23/2014Always great food (spicy chicken panini with salad) and service was attentive and unobtrusive. The wait staff was professional and expedient. My only "quip" would be making my guest and I stand for 10-12 minutes when we had a confirmed reservation. Only one other party (7+ people) were waiting to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for business lunchwhadausayDined on 4/21/2014Second time to Piatti for business lunch. The menu is extensive enough that most preferences should be met. Service is quick but not rushing.Special Features:
- great ambiancerukusoneDined on 4/19/2014Took the wife for her birthday, had a great meal. Perfect setting, service was exceptional. Very happy with our experience. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014I have been a regular Piatti lunch customer for years. The ambiance, service and menu are excellent but there is a big issue with the freshness of the food that is served over lunch time. the food quality have been deteriorating over the years.Special Features:
- Very thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2014Went here for my daughter in law's birthday. Our party was of 4, including a 1 yr old. As soon as we came in the Maitre'D seated us and asked the birthday girl if she wanted some prosecco to celebrate. Sure! But he brought a glass for each of us, complimentary! The service was outstanding throughout. The food was very good, except the Pork Jowls which were a bit salty. My salmon was luscious. At the end of the meal, they presented the birthday girl with a complimentary dessert of a lava cake cupcake with strawberry ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. The thoughtful touches of complimentary wine and dessert were much appreciated. and we will continue to enjoy this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual restaurantMylillianVIPDined on 3/24/2014A nice place with nice interior, nice bar and cozy to sit inside or outside. The bread is really good, the food is fresh and good as well. A nice casual yet mid range-upscale neighborhood restaurant. Good for business dinners or lunches as well. I like to have quick after-work dinners here. Can't go wrong with that choice.Special Features:
- We were a party of 4. TwoIgnacioDined on 3/24/2014We were a party of 4. Two of the "steaks" ordered with a salad were under cooked and had to be sent back for re-cooking. It was inconvenient as two of us had our food already.Special Features:
- Food above average, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Friendly staff, good food. Unfortunately the place, inside sitting, is way too noisy to even talk to the person sitting next to you. A bit of noisy absorbing isolation would go a long way. The place is very nice otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant restaurant with greatPiattiSantaClaraDined on 3/15/2014Pleasant restaurant with great food, spacious and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable valueTomCDined on 3/14/2014This is a reasonable value for the money spent. Not over the top in quality and service, but also not over the top in price. Not a "special event" kind of place. More a "once a month dinner" spot.Special Features: