Piatti - Santa Clara
3905 Rivermark Plaza
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Santa Clara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/santaclara/
- Phone: 4083309212x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Look no further than Piatti for all of your private event needs. From business meetings to executive lunches, networking parties to large-scale corporate functions, we've got a dedicated team that will make certain that your event is seamlessly executed. Enjoy one of our existing private dining menus or work with our Banquet Coordinator to customize a menu that's perfect for your event.
The warm and inviting Medici Room features a beautiful stone fire place and can accommodate up to 55 seated and 75 standing guests.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Coler 4083309212x
A word from Piatti - Santa Clara
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in the conveniently located Rivermark Plaza, Piatti offers a delightful reprieve from the everyday. Featuring a gorgeous outdoor courtyard, an indoor sun-soaked terrace and an open floor plan that includes a vibrant bar and lounge, Piatti is the go-to spot for corporate lunches, after-work cocktail hour, group dinners and private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Santa Clara - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Piatti - Santa Clara reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (45)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (34)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Much too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Seems to cater to people trying to impress others. Narrow menu selection and what they have is unusual and quite expensive for what it is.
- Piatti Santa Clara always pleases!RuthiDined on 8/13/2014I love Piatti and bring clients and friends there. The staff and management are personable and I am always treated like a VIP - which is why I keep coming back. (I'd come back any way for the terrific food! Try the risotto! Best in Bay Area [outside of SF]! The bar staff are always concocting new cocktails, which keeps things interesting. I would recommend Piatti for any event: romantic dinner, work groups, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays - it is simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Easy AtmosphereSF0772VIPDined on 8/6/2014very solid food - great atmosphere - a definitely mid week recommendSpecial Features:
- janicehVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service was excellent. My salmon was delicious and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his linguini and clams. Our server was outstanding, he was helpful, prompt, courteous and very pleasant. I would highly recommend Piatti's.Special Features:
- good foodAgonzalez2290Dined on 7/31/2014The food was good A little pricey.but the service was good outside sitting was nice romantic date or bring the kids.Special Features:
- Rockfish should be taken off menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014I take clients to Piatti and usually the food is fine but this last time, the rockfish that I ordered was inedible.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I have been there before and warned to take my wife. We went and unfortunately she was not impressed. We sat on patio because weather was beautiful, however when it started to cool down, we asked if they could turn on one of the heat lamps. W were told they had no propane. Poor planning on their part. The food was average at best that night as well as their service. I marked three stars symbolizing "average"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimetoNYCDined on 7/2/2014Great team dinner, we stopped by after work to grab some food and celebrate. Slightly slow to get our food order taken and get the food for the team of 8 people but overall good experience and great tasting food. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great scallops & calimari. Pizza noSallySDined on 6/18/2014Seafood was a hit. Pizza was a miss according to my friend from New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The Calamari was very good as was the Ahi Tuna appetizer. The scallops entre was outstanding. Service from Haley was impeccable. Clone her. Nice experience.
- akodaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Haven't been to Piatti's for several years but the food was great and our waiter was outstanding. If Javier is working, sit in his section.Special Features:
- Noise Level and ServiceKailua64Dined on 6/5/2014Due to a very bad parking situation we arrived 15 minutes late but our table was held for us. The noise level is terrible. I could not hear my companions at all. The waiter didn't come back to check with us until we were nearly finished with lunch. I asked for more salad dressing but he didn't ever bring it, nor did he acknowledge my request when he brought the check. My companion ordered a lamb sandwich and was brought a crab sandwich but they quickly brought the correct order. (The waiter probably couldn't hear either!). My salad was excellent, even thought it lacked salad dressing. I may return but would arrive either very early or after the lunch crowd left. There were many lunch items I'd like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePNellyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Met a colleague for dinner an each of us enjoyed our perfectly made dry martinis at the bar. At our table we both enjoyed the tomato soup special and I had one of the best risottos ever with asparagus and pancetta. Ended the meal with an exquisite panna cotta and strawberries Great meal. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysDressingOnTheSideDined on 5/29/2014Took a group of 4 to lunch at Piatti, and we had great service and excellent food as I have always experienced in the past. Highly recommended for business lunches or any occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerTreenWVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a great experience here on Saturday for an early dinner. My sea scallops with lemon risotto cake was excellent. My companions enjoyed the large pork chop special and a pasta dish. And we always come for the chopped salad - yum. My companions also enjoyed the dark chocolate gelato. Service was attentive and friendly. I believe Piatti is busy on weekdays and week nights but we can't understand why more people don't dine here on Saturday evenings. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is lovely.Special Features:
- Good food, not too pricy. But...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014Have been going to Piatti for years. Overall, the restaurant has good food. A year ago I would have consistently rated it 4-stars, but now it really varies. This most recent visit we ended-up doing several starters: calamari, mozzarella & heirloom caprese and a pizza to share. Disappointed that the restaurant has chosen to stop serving olives at the tables - what Italian restaurant doesn't have olives!?!? But I digress... While I didn't have the calamari I was told it was lukewarm and a little chewy. I did have the caprese. Not bad and perhaps less flavorful because tomatoes aren't quite in-season yet. The pizza while very good took forever. Mushroom risotto undercooked & bland - disappointed. Other pastas were good though. Go figure.Special Features:
- Not Your Typical Italian RestaurantFieldEngineerDined on 5/20/2014I found this gem 3 years ago when I was in the area for business. I am not big on Italian restaurants because I am not a fan of pasta. I actually stumbled upon this restaurant because the Re Robin across the street had a 45 min. wait for a table. I read the outside menu and I'm glad I did. At the time they had wild boar shanks listed. They have a mix of both northern and southern Italian cooking. So, if you're not into pasta, you can get an excellent northern Italian meal at a very reasonable price. Whenever I'm in the area, I make a point to have at least one meal here.Special Features:
- the one in danville is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014food choices soso pizza acceptable service slow expensive
- Like the variable menuTKuliDined on 5/14/2014We frequently go to Piatti for business lunch and dinners. Outdoor seating is nice during the lunch time, get to breathe some outside air and get out of the cubicle! Since we do go there frequently, I do like the rotation of new items onto the menu, keeps some element of surprise into each visit. In fact, by chance, this last week, I was invited to Piatti for lunch, and then I was inviting a different group of people for dinner on the same day. I was concerned that going there twice on the same day would be deja vu all over again. But, gladly, there were even differences between the lunch entrees and dinner entrees. The roasted duck breast they had this week was just outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- animal82VIPDined on 5/12/2014as always Piatti was great for a business lunch. This time the service was a bit slow - which worked because we were talking business but if I had been there for a causal lunch I would have brought it up with the manager.Special Features:
- Nice and easy for client luncheonPatriciaDined on 5/6/2014No nonsense service. In and out for a nice quick lunch with customer.Special Features:
- Client Dinner - Night IICompanyEventPlannerDined on 5/1/2014Well, we had two dinners planned this evening. Out of all of the restaurants in the area, Piatti's was among the two chosen. The VP of whom I made these reservations for stated that ALL of the clients he brought to the dinner were very pleased. The service was very pleasant & responsive. The food was spectacular. The restaurant was perfect. I will definitely keep this restaurant's information for future client dinners in the area.Special Features:
- The following 553 reviews are from the Piatti - Santa Clara reviews archive.
- Lunch 23-April-14 for twoJenSDined on 4/23/2014Always great food (spicy chicken panini with salad) and service was attentive and unobtrusive. The wait staff was professional and expedient. My only "quip" would be making my guest and I stand for 10-12 minutes when we had a confirmed reservation. Only one other party (7+ people) were waiting to be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for business lunchwhadausayDined on 4/21/2014Second time to Piatti for business lunch. The menu is extensive enough that most preferences should be met. Service is quick but not rushing.Special Features:
- great ambiancerukusoneDined on 4/19/2014Took the wife for her birthday, had a great meal. Perfect setting, service was exceptional. Very happy with our experience. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2014I have been a regular Piatti lunch customer for years. The ambiance, service and menu are excellent but there is a big issue with the freshness of the food that is served over lunch time. the food quality have been deteriorating over the years.Special Features:
- Very thoughtfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2014Went here for my daughter in law's birthday. Our party was of 4, including a 1 yr old. As soon as we came in the Maitre'D seated us and asked the birthday girl if she wanted some prosecco to celebrate. Sure! But he brought a glass for each of us, complimentary! The service was outstanding throughout. The food was very good, except the Pork Jowls which were a bit salty. My salmon was luscious. At the end of the meal, they presented the birthday girl with a complimentary dessert of a lava cake cupcake with strawberry ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. The thoughtful touches of complimentary wine and dessert were much appreciated. and we will continue to enjoy this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual restaurantMylillianVIPDined on 3/24/2014A nice place with nice interior, nice bar and cozy to sit inside or outside. The bread is really good, the food is fresh and good as well. A nice casual yet mid range-upscale neighborhood restaurant. Good for business dinners or lunches as well. I like to have quick after-work dinners here. Can't go wrong with that choice.Special Features:
- We were a party of 4. TwoIgnacioDined on 3/24/2014We were a party of 4. Two of the "steaks" ordered with a salad were under cooked and had to be sent back for re-cooking. It was inconvenient as two of us had our food already.Special Features:
- Food above average, but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2014Friendly staff, good food. Unfortunately the place, inside sitting, is way too noisy to even talk to the person sitting next to you. A bit of noisy absorbing isolation would go a long way. The place is very nice otherwise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant restaurant with greatPiattiSantaClaraDined on 3/15/2014Pleasant restaurant with great food, spacious and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable valueTomCDined on 3/14/2014This is a reasonable value for the money spent. Not over the top in quality and service, but also not over the top in price. Not a "special event" kind of place. More a "once a month dinner" spot.Special Features:
- Decent meal with good companyJeremyDined on 3/9/2014Went for a first date here and it was conducive to letting us enjoy our meal and talk. I had the Baked Ziti and it was pretty goo. Even better for leftovers the next day. The second time had bad heartburn, but I don't think I can blame it on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but nice ambienceIndianFoodieDined on 3/7/2014Went to Piatti's for dinner with a few friends. Ambience is quite nice and the service is attentive. The menu is limited for Vegetarians but the food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Great place for a memorable mealBigBenDined on 2/27/2014This place rocks! The food is great, the prices reasonable, and the energy is very upbeat. My biggest complaint is that sometimes it is hard to get a reservation. They should add more tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free + Fun AtmosphereJohnKDined on 2/22/2014I'm always on the lookout for a good place to eat that also can accommodate my gluten free diet. Piattis is a great option....nice deep Italian menu, knowledgeable staff, fun atmosphere and convenient to our home. I was first steered here by colleagues at a nearby "tech" company for lunch and I have been back with family and friends for dinner. So far two good experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhillCBbusinesslunchesDined on 2/18/2014Service was good, but the food was not. Used to go here for business lunches and once in a while a happy hour as it is close to my office, but it seems they have given up on tryng to be good because they know that there isn't much around so they will get business regardless of their effort. Last time I as there the calamari was almost burnt (dark dark brown), which should never have been served,and I left over half of my salmon because it just tasted aweful. Was with customer so I didn't want to complain, but I will not be going back.
- Surprisingly GoodAzularDined on 2/18/2014Eaten here a couple times in the past, never found it to be anything special, this time it was really good. Service was attentive, seated quickly, water, warm bread & olive oil brought out and they made sure to put enough baskets spread out on our long table, which was really nice. Had the cobb salad, it was really good, everyone in our group of 6 enjoyed their food. They brought a birthday dessert for the birthday girl It was delicious), although it would be nice if they would remember instead of me having to remind them. When I put that in the notes on OpenTable I always hope they will read it and take the service to the next level by paying attention. Looking forward to another opportunity to eat there again. .Special Features:
- Great Valentines DinnerThePokeOneDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had a great romantic dinner for Valentines Day. I recommend the filet mignon. Very tasteful as well as the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad, Not GreatStuarthDined on 2/14/2014We went there for Valentine's Day as it was one of the few places that had openings with short notice. Ambiance is fine- not fancy, more trendy. Service was so-so. Waitress was rather OK, but rather sloppy and not personable. Slow to bring bread out- a good 10 minutes before they brought it out. We had calamari to start and it was not crisp, and the sauce was very bland. We ended up using the vinegar/olive oil. For our main course, we both had the filet mignon with lobster butter and potatoes. My filet was OK, my wife's was more tender. No veggies- just some thin potatoes sliced in half. Overall not a good value for the money, but at least we were able to get in on Valentine's Day when all the other good restaurants were booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.