Piatti - Santa Clara
3905 Rivermark Plaza
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Santa Clara
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/santaclara/
- Phone: (408) 330-9212
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Look no further than Piatti for all of your private event needs. From business meetings to executive lunches, networking parties to large-scale corporate functions, we've got a dedicated team that will make certain that your event is seamlessly executed. Enjoy one of our existing private dining menus or work with our Banquet Coordinator to customize a menu that's perfect for your event.
The warm and inviting Medici Room features a beautiful stone fire place and can accommodate up to 55 seated and 75 standing guests.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Coler 4083309212x
A word from Piatti - Santa Clara
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, in the conveniently located Rivermark Plaza, Piatti offers a delightful reprieve from the everyday. Featuring a gorgeous outdoor courtyard, an indoor sun-soaked terrace and an open floor plan that includes a vibrant bar and lounge, Piatti is the go-to spot for corporate lunches, after-work cocktail hour, group dinners and private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Santa Clara - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Piatti - Santa Clara reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (46)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (15)romantic (14)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great place, loved by everyone in our group of 8!AywsuDined on 11/19/2014Great place, they served us quickly and the food was wonderful! Great service and everyone loved their food, thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We eat lunch here when we are looking for a nice place for a business lunch. The food and service are both quite good and reliable. It is sometimes difficult to get in so I recommend reservations. Parking is most convenient in the 2 story lot near the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Waiter ServiceFCdinenwineDined on 10/21/2014I've frequented Piatti's in the past for business lunches. The waiter that served was rude and terribly inconsistent. Rather than clearing empty or near empty glasses, he squeezed in the new drinks which created a cramped table. Even my business guests rolled their eyes. Rather than saying, 'Excuse me or pardon me' when one my guests was speaking, he interrupted conversations frequently. Just flat our rude. Worst of all was the seeing he had added several drinks and desserts to the bill thinking I would not catch. I will certainly rethink doing business lunch at Piatti's again. Also surprised that no management walked around checking on their patrons. At least the food was good.Special Features:
- Italian lunchacastilloDined on 10/20/2014went there for a business meeting. nice decor, good food, excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Food Outstanding ServiceRowexDined on 10/18/2014I dined at Piatti the other night and it was wonderful - I had the salmon with lentils and spinach and everything was well executed and very tasty. What was exceptional, however, was the service we received from Sarah. My friend is a strict vegan and eats no gluten. Sarah went above and beyond to make her dining experience excellent and had the kitchen produce a salad that was healthy and tasty. Sarah also made good suggestions for her dessert. I can hardly wait to bring my foodie friends here for dinner!Special Features:
- Place is So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Hostess: I found that the hostess set-up was very poor. There is no chair or bench in the front to wait for guest; so I got seated before my guest arrived while also informing hostess that my guest hasn't arrived and to direct her to my table; my guest then arrived but the hostess couldn't help her because their procedure is to delete a person on their computer once a person has been seated; so my guest had to wander around the dining room trying to find me. Completely unprofessional and unsuitable for Silicon Valley networking. Food: The food was so-so. The butternut squash soup was excellent but the ahi tuna appetizer was not that great - unflavorful. Waitress: The wait staff was excellent. Nice, knowledgeable, and responsive.
- Not my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Food is very so so but there isn't another sit down restaurant of its type in the area so we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Good ItalianNicsVIPDined on 10/10/2014Good Italian good for a good price. The pizza was delicious and it was created with fall ingredients such as persimmons. The bread was delicious along with the dipping sauce they provide.Special Features:
- Always deliciousRarelyLeavesMyDeskVIPDined on 10/6/2014Piatti never lets me down. Food was great, service was great and they are always going the extra mile to make sure everything is to your satisfaction.Special Features:
- Perfect for group lunches ....roses4janisDined on 10/6/2014The team just seems to like going back to this place for lunch. The food and service were great. The Linguine, Clams, Prawns, Daily Fish, Garlic, Calabrian Chili Peppers, White Wine ’Crazy Water’ seems to be a popular dish - we had 3 people order it, and said it was delicious. I think the "crazy water" had them intrigued.Special Features:
- nice warm placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014Food was great and price decent. The atmosphere was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti always pleases!RuthiDined on 10/1/2014Food is excellent. Service is superlative. Staff and managers are tops! Try the risotto or any pasta dish - better than your mom's,Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Good food, great service. Great go to place for lunchSpecial Features:
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Making reservations through Open Table is the way to go. The restaurant called me back within an hour to confirm my request. Had a great time. The restaurant went out of their way to write "Happy Birthday" for my friend who's birthday we were celebrating. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,too much hub-bubWaltVIPDined on 9/24/2014We are fond of Piatti's in La Jolla, so we expected this location to be similar. Not so much, the Santa Clara location is large and barn like and very very noisy. The food was good but some large parties kept the waitstaff from being as attentive as one would expect. I think we'll stick to the La Jolla Piatti's in future.Special Features:
- Not the best but not badDewdropUKDined on 9/17/2014This visit was actually the second time I had been to Piatti. On the first occasion we were delighted with the food and the service. This time was not quite so delightful. The service was patchy; we waited quite a while for our order to be taken, then the appetisers arrived several minutes apart. The food was ok but just not as interesting as the previous visit. Overall just not the best experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Noise level is too loud: not possible to have a decent conversation. Food is OK not great not bad. Service could be better. Parking is hell.
- Consistently Excellentnapadiner2VIPDined on 9/16/2014Piatti's was my choice to have a business lunch this week, and it was superb. Our server was professional, polite, and attentive just enough. We had the portabello and the chicken ciabata sandwiches which come with a good portion of wild green salad. They were all well-made, fresh ingredients, and served quite promptly.Special Features:
- Great food, and ambiance!FanofuniquecuisineDined on 9/11/2014We came to Piatti for my boss's birthday lunch, so we made a reservation. Not only did the hostess call to confirm my reservation, but she also offered various seating options, as well as offered to print special menus specifically for our party. It was such a sweet gesture, and we all valued the extra attention. I will definitely be back for a date night with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more friendly staffHiGeoffVIPDined on 9/9/2014The server was good as always. However, the girl showing the table didn't even look at us when we arrived at the table, not to mention no word like "Enjoy your meal", or anything close.Special Features:
- Good lunch/dinner placelove2dineDined on 9/9/2014This place is perfect for a lunch or dinner, whether its business or personal. The food variety is decent but good quality. The wines are a bit on the expensive side but good choices. its right in the middle of most business & residential locations so access is good.Special Features:
- friend's outingenergy4theraceDined on 9/5/2014I met with some friends to have a good pasta dinner the night before a 5K race we were doing together. We enjoyed a drink, good food and great atmosphere. Our waitress was very knowledgeable on the wine selection, all our pasta entrees were tasty and we were able to talk freely without disturbing others.Special Features:
- Lunch MeetingsgpaulgrayVIPDined on 9/5/2014I like Piatti for business lunches and for dinner + wine after work. The parking situation at Rivermark can be challenging, especially around lunch time, but it's generally ok. Great ambiance and the pizzas are very very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food remains to be improved. I have very fond memories of all the dining events in the La Jolla "Piatti", which has excellent food (risotto in particular) in addition to the vibrant atmosphere and great outdoor patio - one of the best dining places in La Jolla. Santa Clara "Piatti" is mostly "business" dining oriented, with employees of Oracle, Intel and other nearby companies coming for lunch in groups. Seems like food quality and service is less important for the management of this "Piatti".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IrvineGuestDined on 8/27/2014Ordered the spaghetti. Sauce tasted good and pasta cooked perfectly. However, disappointed in the portion size and with the ground beef as it reminded me of a Taco Bell taco. Chef could have used a higher quality type of meat. Prior to this lunch, I ate there and ordered the blank-ink pasta which I still remember to this day as amazing. Too bad they did not have it.Special Features:
- Much too expensiveTravelerDined on 8/22/2014Seems to cater to people trying to impress others. Narrow menu selection and what they have is unusual and quite expensive for what it is.
- Piatti Santa Clara always pleases!RuthiDined on 8/13/2014I love Piatti and bring clients and friends there. The staff and management are personable and I am always treated like a VIP - which is why I keep coming back. (I'd come back any way for the terrific food! Try the risotto! Best in Bay Area [outside of SF]! The bar staff are always concocting new cocktails, which keeps things interesting. I would recommend Piatti for any event: romantic dinner, work groups, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays - it is simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Easy AtmosphereSF0772VIPDined on 8/6/2014very solid food - great atmosphere - a definitely mid week recommendSpecial Features:
- janicehVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food and service was excellent. My salmon was delicious and my husband thoroughly enjoyed his linguini and clams. Our server was outstanding, he was helpful, prompt, courteous and very pleasant. I would highly recommend Piatti's.Special Features:
- good foodAgonzalez2290Dined on 7/31/2014The food was good A little pricey.but the service was good outside sitting was nice romantic date or bring the kids.Special Features:
- Rockfish should be taken off menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014I take clients to Piatti and usually the food is fine but this last time, the rockfish that I ordered was inedible.
- The following 569 reviews are from the Piatti - Santa Clara reviews archive.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014I have been there before and warned to take my wife. We went and unfortunately she was not impressed. We sat on patio because weather was beautiful, however when it started to cool down, we asked if they could turn on one of the heat lamps. W were told they had no propane. Poor planning on their part. The food was average at best that night as well as their service. I marked three stars symbolizing "average"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimetoNYCDined on 7/2/2014Great team dinner, we stopped by after work to grab some food and celebrate. Slightly slow to get our food order taken and get the food for the team of 8 people but overall good experience and great tasting food. Thanks!Special Features:
- Great scallops & calimari. Pizza noSallySDined on 6/18/2014Seafood was a hit. Pizza was a miss according to my friend from New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2014The Calamari was very good as was the Ahi Tuna appetizer. The scallops entre was outstanding. Service from Haley was impeccable. Clone her. Nice experience.
- akodaVIPDined on 6/6/2014Haven't been to Piatti's for several years but the food was great and our waiter was outstanding. If Javier is working, sit in his section.Special Features:
- Noise Level and ServiceKailua64Dined on 6/5/2014Due to a very bad parking situation we arrived 15 minutes late but our table was held for us. The noise level is terrible. I could not hear my companions at all. The waiter didn't come back to check with us until we were nearly finished with lunch. I asked for more salad dressing but he didn't ever bring it, nor did he acknowledge my request when he brought the check. My companion ordered a lamb sandwich and was brought a crab sandwich but they quickly brought the correct order. (The waiter probably couldn't hear either!). My salad was excellent, even thought it lacked salad dressing. I may return but would arrive either very early or after the lunch crowd left. There were many lunch items I'd like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePNellyVIPDined on 6/3/2014Met a colleague for dinner an each of us enjoyed our perfectly made dry martinis at the bar. At our table we both enjoyed the tomato soup special and I had one of the best risottos ever with asparagus and pancetta. Ended the meal with an exquisite panna cotta and strawberries Great meal. You should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysDressingOnTheSideDined on 5/29/2014Took a group of 4 to lunch at Piatti, and we had great service and excellent food as I have always experienced in the past. Highly recommended for business lunches or any occasion.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerTreenWVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a great experience here on Saturday for an early dinner. My sea scallops with lemon risotto cake was excellent. My companions enjoyed the large pork chop special and a pasta dish. And we always come for the chopped salad - yum. My companions also enjoyed the dark chocolate gelato. Service was attentive and friendly. I believe Piatti is busy on weekdays and week nights but we can't understand why more people don't dine here on Saturday evenings. The food is excellent and the atmosphere is lovely.Special Features: