Piatti - San Antonio
255 East Basse Street
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/loca12.html
- Phone: 2108320300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full scale catering is available. Please call for details.
A word from Piatti - San Antonio
Piatti is a contemporary neighborhood restaurant serving creative Italian cuisine with traditional influences. Servers trained to provide casual, professional service present a great wine list in this warm and friendly environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Piatti - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (26)great for lunch (25)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (11)hot spot (11)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our favorite restaurantDragonflyDined on 10/16/2014We've been going to this restaurant for over 12 years and it never fails us!Special Features:
- Out=of=townercomingbackhomeDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful place to entertain and ran into old friends. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- loud!truthinessDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance is not fit for a date unless you sit outside, if the weather is right. The food is packed with garlic most of the time. It's a group's hangout not a romantic conversation type place.Special Features:
- celestialDined on 8/28/2014THE FOOD WAS SO DELICIOUS AND WITH A LOVELY PRESENTATION. OUR SERVER WAS WONDERFUL WITH RECOMMENDATIONS AND VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION REGARDING PORTIONSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular customerRegularcustomerDined on 8/28/2014Busy early on a Thursday night. Rather noisy. Too hot inside. Service was super. Our table liked sweet potato flour encrusted trout and planked salmon.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekCarlynDined on 8/21/2014We went there for lunch during Restaurant Week and it was a pleasurable time. The food was prepared and presented perfectly. Our server was a young man who was attentive (but not overly so) and knew the menu. My friend and I had two different menu items and they were both excellent. The ambiance was lovely and subdued. It was a little noisy but there were many people there who were having business lunches so it was understandable. I would definitely recommend Piatti to anyone looking for a terrific lunch experience. Will definitely return there for another pleasurable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary dinersaboundDined on 8/20/2014Great atmosphere! Delicious food! And great service from our waiter Roy! Will definetely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodProjrgDined on 8/16/2014My husband enjoyed the salmon and I tried the rigatoni with fennel sausage and tomatoes. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. The fresh biscotti served with my cappuccino was a delightful surprise. Aside from the noise level and the table location, it was a wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityBB84Dined on 8/14/2014Piatti has quality food, cooked just right. I like this place for lunch. They have a good selection on the menu and the service is great.Special Features:
- rogmoreDined on 8/8/2014The food was not so great, I expected more. The ambience was lousy with a music too loud. The people were speaking loo loud, it is like being in a street market. Do not recommend for business lunch.
- Business luncheatoutoftenDined on 8/4/2014We met a prospective new employee for lunch and a great experience. The background was quiet enough to engage in conversation. The food choices for lunch are quite varied and the quality was excellent. My seared Ahi Tuna was perfect.Special Features:
- First Time!New2SADined on 8/2/2014First time to this restaurant and I will be back! The service was great. We had a picky person with us and the waitress kept her cool. Pricing was pretty good for the quality of food and location. Great find!Special Features:
- Best Waiter EverBigBill1Dined on 8/2/2014John was the best waiter we have ever had at any restaurant. We will be asking for him from now on. And the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- LoretDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite places to meet friends for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehh, there's better options..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014While visiting the Piatti located at the Quarry, I must say that it was nothing close to what I expected. I made a reservation online and everything worked out great which was very impressive. After the first impression everything went downward and was completely terrible. The tea I was recommended was disguisting as well as the food, and that really wouldn't even have mattered if we would have had good service. The service was the complete worse, it was an insult, I really wish I would have chosen another restaurant. Although I won't say the chances of me coming back to this restaurant is a complete 0, but it is very slight.
- Good foodDDPhDDined on 7/29/2014Quality of food is excellent. Server was a bit inattentive.Special Features:
- Good place for bidness lunchThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 7/21/2014Quick and efficient service. Quality and reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated daughter's 23rd birthdayMrsInSanAntonioDined on 7/18/2014Our food was excellent. I reserved our table by Internet, simple. I requested a table far away from the bar. We got exactly what we wanted. Our wait person, Roy, was excellent. What a perfect birthday celebration! My daughter received a complimentary dessert, tiramisu, with a sparkling firework.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great dinner. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and the restaurant had pre-set menus on the table which were printed with Happy 19th Birthday across the top. It was a very thoughtful touch.
- birthday celebration touchesPatDDined on 7/17/2014The reserved table I had secured online had "Happy Birthday" stamped on top of each menu at the table and both the server and owner extended good wishes to our birthday guest. The guest had his choice of dessert and, when the generous slice of cake was presented, the server lite a large sparkler on top of the cake as a festive surprise. Food was delicious and the service attentive, friendly but unobtrusive.Special Features:
- great dinner after a long daybubbledwellerDined on 7/11/2014The food is great, always made to order. I have food allergies, so I appreciate when the staff is willing to accommodate special requests.Special Features:
- Friday Night of 8DekeDined on 7/11/2014We made a return, annual visit to Piatti's. Each time our group gathers in San Antonio, this is a must do for us. The food is excellent, choices are numerous, and service is impecable. This would be a favorite of ours if we lived in the community, but we eat here each time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisyFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is very good and genrously portioned. The waiters are very good. That being said, the noise level is very bad. You cannot carry on a converversation with andyone.Special Features:
- Atypical Italianlilbit76Dined on 6/30/2014Piatti's menu presented fares I didn't expect for an Italian restaurant, and left off more traditional meals. Our food was well prepared and had a wonderful taste. Our waiter was very knowledgeable regarding all aspects of our experience from appetizers, to main entrees, and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh pastarubyjuneDined on 6/30/2014I had the ricotta spinach pasta with a lemon cream sauce and it was fantastic. As a fan of freshly rolled pasta at home, I'm almost positive this was made in house. It was just delicious. Friends had me try a chocolate cake they are famous for, but it wasn't very impressive. Just some sort of lava cake with chocolate ganache on it. At an italian restaurant, I should have tried the Limone tart. I'll be back.Special Features:
- The following 545 reviews are from the Piatti - San Antonio reviews archive.
- No changesTejawatersDined on 6/23/2014Even though the staff is never the same for my quarterly visits, the service and food remain very good, but the noise level is a problem as it fills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Couples for DinnerKevinKimSanAntonioDined on 6/17/2014We met some friends for dinner. We made a reservation and that worked out very well. This was a first-time visit for me and my wife. Table bread was a little tough. Guess they didn't want diners eating too much bread. I had the salmon with potatoes and spinach. It was absolutely delicious. The other three were all pleased with their dinners too. I thought the margaritas were a little over-priced which takes some of the fun out of drinking. Our waitperson was very good. He was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and ready to give menu advice when I asked. We will definitely go back again, maybe next time skipping the alcohol.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Have been going to Piattis for years, always enjoyable.Special Features:
- Nice Italian dinner spotaaronb13Dined on 6/8/2014Booked through Open Table and had a nice dinner. The food was good and some dishes have the option of getting half orders in case you don't want a big plate. The gnoochi with meatballs was good and the meatballs had a little kick. Just wish they had Peroni beer to go with the Morretti beer for more Italian choices.Special Features:
- GraduationSag0913Dined on 5/25/2014Had an amazing graduation lunch with my family. The food was exceptional and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.DDPhDDined on 5/24/2014The food was very good. The server was efficient and personable. Thank you.Special Features:
- love PiattiWinoFoodieDined on 5/20/2014I've been a big fan of Piatti for a long time. The service, food, and ambiance are always fantastic. I was happy that they provided my friend and I with a booth, which is what I requested.Special Features:
- Mother's DaySpanky4578Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I had lunch at Piatti on Mother's Day. We had a reservation, and seating was had right away. Service was attentive but not overly so. Food was excellent. My wife had sautéed prawns, an appetizer made an entree by adding pasta. I had cioppino, a rare find in San Antonio. Both were excellent. Our waiter, Roy, admirably abstained from "selling up" with dessert, and we enjoyed splitting a dessert, which was satisfying and just enough for the two of us. Overall, a positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodenjoyamealVIPDined on 4/27/2014Consistently good food and good service. Nice variety of entrees ranging from delicious pasta dishes, seafood, chicken and beef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Night with FriendsLinsaDined on 4/26/2014We enjoy eating at Piatti's in both locations: the Quarry and at Eilan. The food is delicious and a bit different from standard Italian. The crusty bread is to die for, and I was pleased that they brought us butter for it in addition to the normal olive oil dip. My husband ordered the gnocchi, which he said were terrific, although a bit heavy on salt that night. The mussel appetizer is a meal in itself, and I am seriously thinking of getting 2 orders of it "to go" on another night. Our waitress was attentive and cheerful. We were able to hold a conversation without yelling at each other because although it was busy, the tables are nicely spaced for privacy. All in all, a wonderful restaurant that is becoming one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Great Carb LoadOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014We visited the restaurant upon a friend's recommendation before the Fiesta Wildflower Bike Ride. We really enjoyed the pasta dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GARLICOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Interesting menu, but in the end it all tasted like garlic which made the food boring.Special Features:
- Consistently good4940BroadwayVIPDined on 4/25/2014Piatti is consistently good. An obvious reflection of the management. The food is always good with menu additions that are fun to try. My children feel very welcome and the staff is always friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseItaliangirlDined on 4/22/2014I had dinner here with two colleagues and we ate outside. It was very noisy inside so it was a great choice. We had the best server I have had in years. Her name is Olivia. She was great at describing the food, making suggestions, giving us time to talk but making sure we had what we needed. Olivia made this dining experience exceptional. The food was good too. make sure you have the s'mores for dessert. What fun!!Special Features:
- Business lunch -- the spotUNCDallasVIPDined on 4/22/2014Excellent service; well paced. Not too noisy to conduct private conversation, yet vibrant enough to know that you've come to the right place. The food portions are generous and fresh, yet at very reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.