Piatti - San Antonio
255 East Basse Street
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - San Antonio
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/loca12.html
- Phone: (210) 832-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Oscar Soto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full scale catering is available. Please call for details.
A word from Piatti - San Antonio
Piatti is a contemporary neighborhood restaurant serving creative Italian cuisine with traditional influences. Servers trained to provide casual, professional service present a great wine list in this warm and friendly environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Piatti - San Antonio - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Piatti - San Antonio reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (34)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (26)vibrant bar scene (24)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (17)romantic (13)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Birthday FunIrishDined on 11/16/2014We enjoyed a fabulous dinner with Ryan as our server, he was outstanding. His knowledge of the menu was great and he was very personable. Food was outstanding. If your not big eaters you can definitely split an entree (we certainly will on our next visit), portions are very generous. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnerSanAntonioMarkVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food and service were both very good. The staff at Piatti provides a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annivery DinnerScorpio59Dined on 11/15/2014We frequently dine at this restaurant and decided to return to celebrate our Anniversary. As always, the food was very good. Our calamari was very tender and flavorful, as well as the brushetta. I ordered the sea bass and my husband a pasta dish, which we both enjoyed. Our waiter was very attentive and provided good service. The only downside is the noise level. Not a good place for a quiet, romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014I have been going to this restaurant for over 10 years and have never left unsatisfied. It is truly one of my favorite hot spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After noon delightDonlisaDined on 11/9/2014The food is consistently good. The service is usually very good. It's a pleasant place for a Sunday afternoon as well as a good Saturday night date. The bar is small, but serves good drinks as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My boyfriend and I went to Piatti for our Anniversary, and they made our experience memorable. Plus the food was great!Special Features:
- Service as good as the foodoldmanbellVIPDined on 11/7/2014On the way to the Symphony... we dropped in for appetizers and a light dinner. The bruschetta was delightfully ample. A glass of wine for each, a salad, crab rolls and trout rounded out dinner. Our server was busy, but always seemed to have time and drop by checking in. My wife would have preferred another restaurant, but I think the evening changed her mind. Piatti's has remodeled recently, but the results were hardly noticeable. It's still a very busy place serving great food with service that sets it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaddyGilDined on 11/3/2014Went for dinner with my son and loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Family dinnerRalphRacquetDined on 11/1/2014The food is great as is the wine list. Try the Canelloni prepared in a delious sauce. This is a great place to eat and the surrounding area great for shopping before or after. I will return.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceDaveDined on 10/28/2014It took 20 minutes to get water. 10 minutes later, no service. I walked out.
- Re-openedDianeDined on 10/23/2014Missed the restaurant while closed for remolding. Loved what they did to the restaurant and happy to see the same menu! Always delicious!!!!Special Features:
- It's autumn!SonKneeBoyVIPDined on 10/21/2014I looked outside and saw that it was going to be nice and comfortable evening so the only question about where to eat was "Who has a patio". Of course Piatti's came to mind quickly, plus I wanted to see what the remodel did to Piatti's. The patio had a few more tables further down the sidewalk and the inside was freshened up and my favorites were all on the menu. Great work guys glad your back. Food was good and the evening was fantastic.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantDragonflyDined on 10/16/2014We've been going to this restaurant for over 12 years and it never fails us!Special Features:
- Out=of=townercomingbackhomeDined on 9/1/2014Wonderful place to entertain and ran into old friends. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- loud!truthinessDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance is not fit for a date unless you sit outside, if the weather is right. The food is packed with garlic most of the time. It's a group's hangout not a romantic conversation type place.Special Features:
- celestialDined on 8/28/2014THE FOOD WAS SO DELICIOUS AND WITH A LOVELY PRESENTATION. OUR SERVER WAS WONDERFUL WITH RECOMMENDATIONS AND VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION REGARDING PORTIONSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular customerRegularcustomerDined on 8/28/2014Busy early on a Thursday night. Rather noisy. Too hot inside. Service was super. Our table liked sweet potato flour encrusted trout and planked salmon.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekCarlynDined on 8/21/2014We went there for lunch during Restaurant Week and it was a pleasurable time. The food was prepared and presented perfectly. Our server was a young man who was attentive (but not overly so) and knew the menu. My friend and I had two different menu items and they were both excellent. The ambiance was lovely and subdued. It was a little noisy but there were many people there who were having business lunches so it was understandable. I would definitely recommend Piatti to anyone looking for a terrific lunch experience. Will definitely return there for another pleasurable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aniversary dinersaboundDined on 8/20/2014Great atmosphere! Delicious food! And great service from our waiter Roy! Will definetely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodProjrgDined on 8/16/2014My husband enjoyed the salmon and I tried the rigatoni with fennel sausage and tomatoes. Both dishes were cooked to perfection. The fresh biscotti served with my cappuccino was a delightful surprise. Aside from the noise level and the table location, it was a wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityBB84Dined on 8/14/2014Piatti has quality food, cooked just right. I like this place for lunch. They have a good selection on the menu and the service is great.Special Features:
- rogmoreDined on 8/8/2014The food was not so great, I expected more. The ambience was lousy with a music too loud. The people were speaking loo loud, it is like being in a street market. Do not recommend for business lunch.
- Business luncheatoutoftenDined on 8/4/2014We met a prospective new employee for lunch and a great experience. The background was quiet enough to engage in conversation. The food choices for lunch are quite varied and the quality was excellent. My seared Ahi Tuna was perfect.Special Features:
- First Time!New2SADined on 8/2/2014First time to this restaurant and I will be back! The service was great. We had a picky person with us and the waitress kept her cool. Pricing was pretty good for the quality of food and location. Great find!Special Features:
- Best Waiter EverBigBill1Dined on 8/2/2014John was the best waiter we have ever had at any restaurant. We will be asking for him from now on. And the food was outstanding!Special Features:
- LoretDined on 8/1/2014One of my favorite places to meet friends for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ehh, there's better options..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014While visiting the Piatti located at the Quarry, I must say that it was nothing close to what I expected. I made a reservation online and everything worked out great which was very impressive. After the first impression everything went downward and was completely terrible. The tea I was recommended was disguisting as well as the food, and that really wouldn't even have mattered if we would have had good service. The service was the complete worse, it was an insult, I really wish I would have chosen another restaurant. Although I won't say the chances of me coming back to this restaurant is a complete 0, but it is very slight.
- The following 555 reviews are from the Piatti - San Antonio reviews archive.
- Good foodDDPhDDined on 7/29/2014Quality of food is excellent. Server was a bit inattentive.Special Features:
- Good place for bidness lunchThisnicknamethingisstupidVIPDined on 7/21/2014Quick and efficient service. Quality and reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated daughter's 23rd birthdayMrsInSanAntonioDined on 7/18/2014Our food was excellent. I reserved our table by Internet, simple. I requested a table far away from the bar. We got exactly what we wanted. Our wait person, Roy, was excellent. What a perfect birthday celebration! My daughter received a complimentary dessert, tiramisu, with a sparkling firework.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We had a great dinner. We were celebrating my daughter's birthday and the restaurant had pre-set menus on the table which were printed with Happy 19th Birthday across the top. It was a very thoughtful touch.
- birthday celebration touchesPatDDined on 7/17/2014The reserved table I had secured online had "Happy Birthday" stamped on top of each menu at the table and both the server and owner extended good wishes to our birthday guest. The guest had his choice of dessert and, when the generous slice of cake was presented, the server lite a large sparkler on top of the cake as a festive surprise. Food was delicious and the service attentive, friendly but unobtrusive.Special Features:
- great dinner after a long daybubbledwellerDined on 7/11/2014The food is great, always made to order. I have food allergies, so I appreciate when the staff is willing to accommodate special requests.Special Features:
- Friday Night of 8DekeDined on 7/11/2014We made a return, annual visit to Piatti's. Each time our group gathers in San Antonio, this is a must do for us. The food is excellent, choices are numerous, and service is impecable. This would be a favorite of ours if we lived in the community, but we eat here each time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NoisyFoodLoverVIPDined on 7/1/2014The food is very good and genrously portioned. The waiters are very good. That being said, the noise level is very bad. You cannot carry on a converversation with andyone.Special Features:
- Atypical Italianlilbit76Dined on 6/30/2014Piatti's menu presented fares I didn't expect for an Italian restaurant, and left off more traditional meals. Our food was well prepared and had a wonderful taste. Our waiter was very knowledgeable regarding all aspects of our experience from appetizers, to main entrees, and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh pastarubyjuneDined on 6/30/2014I had the ricotta spinach pasta with a lemon cream sauce and it was fantastic. As a fan of freshly rolled pasta at home, I'm almost positive this was made in house. It was just delicious. Friends had me try a chocolate cake they are famous for, but it wasn't very impressive. Just some sort of lava cake with chocolate ganache on it. At an italian restaurant, I should have tried the Limone tart. I'll be back.Special Features:
- No changesTejawatersVIPDined on 6/23/2014Even though the staff is never the same for my quarterly visits, the service and food remain very good, but the noise level is a problem as it fills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Couples for DinnerKevinKimSanAntonioDined on 6/17/2014We met some friends for dinner. We made a reservation and that worked out very well. This was a first-time visit for me and my wife. Table bread was a little tough. Guess they didn't want diners eating too much bread. I had the salmon with potatoes and spinach. It was absolutely delicious. The other three were all pleased with their dinners too. I thought the margaritas were a little over-priced which takes some of the fun out of drinking. Our waitperson was very good. He was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and ready to give menu advice when I asked. We will definitely go back again, maybe next time skipping the alcohol.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Have been going to Piattis for years, always enjoyable.Special Features: