Piatti - Sacramento
571 Pavilions Lane
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/sacramento/
- Phone: 9166498885x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lance Carlini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers off-site catering for any size party (full service staff can be provided).
- Entertainment: Piatti Sacramento offers Saturday night jazz during the Spring and Summer seasons on our beautiful outdoor courtyard. Visit our website for more details!
- Special Events: Piatti Sacramento offers full service event planning and catering. We can arrange everything from food to flowers, tables to tents, logistics to limousines. Let Piatti take the worry out of your next event!
A word from Piatti - Sacramento
Piatti reflects the warm and welcoming family atmosphere of an Italian trattoria. Piatti has a rustic charm and friendly feel that is designed with character and ambiance. The cuisine reflects the style of the Italians, creating simple, flavorful dishes from the day's best and freshest ingredients. Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Piatti - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Piatti - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (27)good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)romantic (18)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Food so soFoodieDined on 10/16/2014Food much too oily. Salmon was a small portion and overcooked. Salads were nothing special. Desserts were the only bright spots in the meals. Servers were pleasant.
- lajollashores4foodiesDined on 10/6/2014We are very familiar with the Piatti operation, i.e. La Jolla, Danville, Sacramento. It is always up to the challenge. We love Italian food and wine so this is a natural for us. The visit was on my wife, Nancy's birthday. The "dedicated" menu headed by, Happy Birthday Nancy, was a very nice touch.Special Features:
- outdoor gemOuiniVIPDined on 10/5/2014after a last minute decision to visit Piatti, decided to eat outside - pleasant surprise...good food, relaxed atmosphere and pleasant staff made this a very good decisionSpecial Features:
- Great eveningPedroDined on 10/4/2014The food was very good and nicely presented. The service was outstanding. We plan to come back again and would recommend Piatti to our freiendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningGloMoVIPDined on 9/24/2014The meal was wonderful and the service outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/23/2014Service: (5 stars) - The bartender (liz) was a joy and made great drinks. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. The general manager was very nice (he knew we were in talks to book our rehearsal dinner there and made a point to make us feel welcome). Food (4 stars): We had a cheese plate the manager comped which was very good with some local goat and blue cheese, homemade burratta and fresh flat bread from the pizza oven. The "20 minute" Chicken w/ Shaved brussel sprouts and bacon (5stars) the star of the night. Crispy and juicy. I had the Wild Salmon. Cooked perfectly medium rare with a crispy skin that added a great texture, and accompanied by cor, chorizo, mushrooms and green beans (5 stars for meat/ 3 for the corn succotash)Special Features:
- Yum!!!!!JayneDined on 9/15/2014Our lunch was terrific..... Starting with our friendly, knowledgable server, Christopher.... We have been served by him before, but he was exceptional this time.... And the heirloom tomatoes with house made mozzarella made me wish summer wasn't over...thx so much!!!!!Special Features:
- EleganceWilBbackDined on 9/12/2014The staff and the food are of utmost elegance and class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014It was pleasant ambiance service was good. The food was good but very ordinary
- We were treated like VIPs!JosefinamarieDined on 9/9/2014Piatti's turned out to be the PERFECT place to celebrate a landmark birthday with a group of friends and neighbors. Great job, Piatti. It was perfect in every way. The ambiance, service and food were all perfect. One of our guests, a real foodie, was telling me last night that he couldn't get the sauce for one of his dishes out of his mind--it was so fresh and light and flavorful. I had the minestrone. It was probably the best I'd ever had--not too heavy, fresh and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Slowluv2gooutDined on 9/9/2014The waiter had a great personality, and the food was good - especially the appetizers. But the waiter was responsible for too many tables. So service was very slow - 2 1/2 hours from coming in to leaving. We would have ordered dessert, but ultimately had to go. If you have the time, though, it's worth the visit. Very nice staff and very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does It AllPenneyDined on 9/4/2014Whether a Lunch or dinner for two, a special group gathering, or a family get-together - Piatti is the place to go for friendly servers, delicious food, and a comfortable, attractive environment. In addition, you have a choice of comfortable seating, inside or out. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- NorCaleatsVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food continues to be consistently well prepared and fresh. Our server was excellent in both his demeanor and service. We love the $10 corkage fee!Special Features:
- 2 Elk Grovians2ElkGroviansDined on 8/22/2014We expected a great evening out to see one of our favorite jazz-blues-scat song stylists and outstanding accompanying musicians. Happily, we weren't disappointed! Host and service staff were intelligent and friendly; the food was tasty and well-presented (as was the wine). Hat's-off to Piatti's for such a lovely, welcoming venue. Extra-added performances by very talented young people, the legendary Delta breeze, the dancing, and the great folks we just met then joined at the next table--all contributed to the ambiance and our enjoyment far beyond what we anticipated of a casual Friday night out. Stay the course, Piatti's, and keep the great jazz coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SactocgtDined on 8/20/2014Food and service at Piatti is inconsistent. Sometimes excellent other times so-so. This time so-so! A beautiful setting.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great, go a lot with my family. Brought my Girlfriend here for her birthday she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, deliciousKCalVIPDined on 8/17/2014This place is consistently good, I have never had a bad meal here. The service is excellent and the staff is very helpful. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed this trip because they were out of two of the items we really had our hearts set on, but I also realize that when you use fresh ingredients that can happen.Special Features:
- A farewell dinner!West2eastDined on 8/14/2014Service well-timed, wine list affordable, friendly staff. The salads were great, we all got different dishes and all loved what we got. Were happy that we could choose smaller portions with smaller prices. Our only negative would be the chairs were a bit hard for sitting any length of time, there were booths but none available as there were less of those than regular tables. But we would happily go again.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningcarrieDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and noise level manageable, indoor and outoor options both really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!BettiaDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food and great service! Very accommodating for special diets, gluten free pasta too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find.RonaldDined on 8/7/2014This was our first experience with a Piatti restaurant and will seek out their other locations as we travel.Special Features:
- Tasty TraditionalFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy dining here, but much more so before the redesign which doesn't generate the warmth of the old layout. More Bahouse than Italin House. As for the food, me and my mate and guests enjoyed the food, especially the t-bone pork chop and the pork pappaderelle. The service was attentive and smart. Appreciate the nice tough of a small cake for my birthday boy guest, too.Special Features:
- Great local foodrichanddiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went there for an impromptu glass of wine and stayed for app's and dinner - the chef's menu was enticing. Fresh, local, simple yet flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nouveau ItalianSchiecklivitcusVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant has a wood fired pizza oven. There is a chalk board in back of the bar with a wine list. They have Music on Friday nights on the Patio. I began with a meatball appetizer. They were large, they had a mild flavor and they were covered with a mozzarella and served in a high sided dish with red sauce. The cocktail was "A Perfect Storm." The minestrone had a tomato base with pepper flakes and green beans, and no pasta or beans, The clams had lots of garlic and pepper flakes and kernels of corn in a light white sauce with tagliatelle pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine outteoteoVIPDined on 7/20/2014overall everything is good and decent! We will visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for Sunday diningSactoFoodieDined on 7/13/2014Great food, and service was good up until dessert was served. The waitress let the dessert sit for a good ten minutes and the ice cream melted. It was only when the manager saw us eyeing our dish from the open kitchen that the food got out. Also, the people who were next to us were extremely loud and obnoxious. I understand that the resturaunt cannot help this ,but on a slow Sunday they sont have to provide such close seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BWCFoodieDined on 7/12/2014I recently had dinner with another couple for my wife's birthday. Sometimes we can be picky about our food and did not have great expectations since we have not eaten here for several years. To our surprise we had one of the best Italian meals that we ever had. The restaurant was not very crowded for a Saturday but had a comfortable ambience and was not very noisy so you could hear the person across from you. The fresh heirloom tomato salad and carpaccio was fresh and tasty. Our pasta was perfectly cooked and had outstanding flavors that went well with their homemade bread that was crunchy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. I would definitely return again and would recommend this restaurant to my foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & great foodNikkiDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant is farm to fork, so the menu changes seasonally to reflect availability. The wait staff wa constantly checking up on us and seeing all our needs were met. The dipping oil for the bread was rich with spices. The appetizer cheese plate was so good! The Margherita Pizza had a light tomato sauce and the crust was crispy, yet soft where it should be; only advice would be to provide a bit more basil. The Pappardelle and while Bolognese sauce was good; I would have liked heavy cream for a smoother, richer taste, but it was solid. The ambience is a big, open place, sparse artwork, music playing masks outdoor traffic perfectly. There is a pretty outdoor patio with water alongside it and twinkle lights for nighttime! Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerMarkDined on 7/3/2014We have been to Piatti's a few times and it is a wonderful restaurant. Moving here from New Orleans has been difficult and I try not to be a food snob, but Piatti's is really one of the nicest culinary experiences in Sacramento. I had the heirloom tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad - it was large and could have been a meal in itself. The pork chop was prepared well and moist. My wife's salmon was excellently prepared and seasoned. Great dining experience and the wait staff were attentive and helpful. Nice evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti restaurantolc440VIPDined on 6/29/2014As a first time customer at Piatti's restaurant we were really surprised how lovely and formal it was. The food was delicious and service by the waiter was excellent. Will return.Special Features:
- The following 435 reviews are from the Piatti - Sacramento reviews archive.
- Consistentpf63VIPDined on 6/21/2014Piatti has been around for a while and if there's one thing I can say for sure, it's been consistent in so many ways: food, service, ambiance. Staff are always welcoming from hostess to servers which is a huge part of the experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableJujuVIPDined on 6/20/2014Outdoor patio dinner with Valerie V singing is the best. My friends and I shut the place down. We didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrSquirrelDined on 6/15/2014Best, garlicky, dipping oil for the warm bread. The two meals we got were of decent (appropriate) proportions and very tasty.Special Features:
- Piatti - still love the food!hefetrubDined on 6/15/2014The remodel was a bit of a disappointment. Considering all of the amazing restaurant interiors in the Sacramento restaurant scene these days, the buzz about Piatti's remodel had my expectations on a higher tier. Although their efforts fell short there, the food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorCaleatsVIPDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the wonderful chicken and the Friday night jazz series on the patio is a special attraction.
- Delicious & funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014We ate a business lunch here. The kitchen brought out our main courses before our salads, so they gave us the salads for free. It was great service recovery and the food was out of this world- so fresh and exquisitely prepared.Special Features:
- Lemon cream sauces22kVIPDined on 5/24/2014Love their ravioli with this sauce but it's not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placelove2eatDined on 5/24/2014First time here for dinner and it was as I expected. .. wonderful. The food is amazing, the service is great, and the portion size is what a portion should actually be. I came here on Mother's day for brunch last year and it was wonderful as well. Highly recommend this place! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodDined on 5/21/2014Great food, service and convenient location. I have eaten both lunch and dinner there. I most certainly will come back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night?omnivoreVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food quality was inconsistent Tuesday night - not nearly as good as on previous visits. The bartender did not follow the recipe for the drinks and produced four very sour cocktails, and pea shoots served with the vegetables were so fibrous as to be inedible. Pork chops, veal, and pasta were excellent. Saving graces! When food/drink issues were noted to the waiter, he explained to us that WE must be wrong ("Italian 150's are SUPPOSED to be sour" and "pea shoots are just like that". Not an acceptable approach for wait staff! And, the waiter was "mentoring" a new waitress that night. I hope she did not learn his approach. I have liked Piatti a lot in the recent past, but I will wait a while before returning.Special Features: