Piatti - Sacramento
571 Pavilions Lane
Sacramento, CA 95825Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Sacramento
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/sacramento/
- Phone: 9166498885x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 9 pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 am - 10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Lance Carlini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers off-site catering for any size party (full service staff can be provided).
- Entertainment: Piatti Sacramento offers Saturday night jazz during the Spring and Summer seasons on our beautiful outdoor courtyard. Visit our website for more details!
- Special Events: Piatti Sacramento offers full service event planning and catering. We can arrange everything from food to flowers, tables to tents, logistics to limousines. Let Piatti take the worry out of your next event!
A word from Piatti - Sacramento
Piatti reflects the warm and welcoming family atmosphere of an Italian trattoria. Piatti has a rustic charm and friendly feel that is designed with character and ambiance. The cuisine reflects the style of the Italians, creating simple, flavorful dishes from the day's best and freshest ingredients. Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate groups.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Piatti - Sacramento - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Piatti - Sacramento reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (30)great for lunch (29)good for groups (27)fit for foodies (21)romantic (21)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- 2 Elk Grovians2ElkGroviansDined on 8/22/2014We expected a great evening out to see one of our favorite jazz-blues-scat song stylists and outstanding accompanying musicians. Happily, we weren't disappointed! Host and service staff were intelligent and friendly; the food was tasty and well-presented (as was the wine). Hat's-off to Piatti's for such a lovely, welcoming venue. Extra-added performances by very talented young people, the legendary Delta breeze, the dancing, and the great folks we just met then joined at the next table--all contributed to the ambiance and our enjoyment far beyond what we anticipated of a casual Friday night out. Stay the course, Piatti's, and keep the great jazz coming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SactocgtDined on 8/20/2014Food and service at Piatti is inconsistent. Sometimes excellent other times so-so. This time so-so! A beautiful setting.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great, go a lot with my family. Brought my Girlfriend here for her birthday she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, deliciousKCalVIPDined on 8/17/2014This place is consistently good, I have never had a bad meal here. The service is excellent and the staff is very helpful. I will admit that I was a bit disappointed this trip because they were out of two of the items we really had our hearts set on, but I also realize that when you use fresh ingredients that can happen.Special Features:
- A farewell dinner!West2eastDined on 8/14/2014Service well-timed, wine list affordable, friendly staff. The salads were great, we all got different dishes and all loved what we got. Were happy that we could choose smaller portions with smaller prices. Our only negative would be the chairs were a bit hard for sitting any length of time, there were booths but none available as there were less of those than regular tables. But we would happily go again.Special Features:
- Delightful eveningcarrieDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food and noise level manageable, indoor and outoor options both really niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place!BettiaDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food and great service! Very accommodating for special diets, gluten free pasta too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find.RonaldDined on 8/7/2014This was our first experience with a Piatti restaurant and will seek out their other locations as we travel.Special Features:
- Tasty TraditionalFoodieDined on 8/7/2014Always enjoy dining here, but much more so before the redesign which doesn't generate the warmth of the old layout. More Bahouse than Italin House. As for the food, me and my mate and guests enjoyed the food, especially the t-bone pork chop and the pork pappaderelle. The service was attentive and smart. Appreciate the nice tough of a small cake for my birthday boy guest, too.Special Features:
- Great local foodrichanddiVIPDined on 8/5/2014Went there for an impromptu glass of wine and stayed for app's and dinner - the chef's menu was enticing. Fresh, local, simple yet flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nouveau ItalianSchiecklivitcusVIPDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant has a wood fired pizza oven. There is a chalk board in back of the bar with a wine list. They have Music on Friday nights on the Patio. I began with a meatball appetizer. They were large, they had a mild flavor and they were covered with a mozzarella and served in a high sided dish with red sauce. The cocktail was "A Perfect Storm." The minestrone had a tomato base with pepper flakes and green beans, and no pasta or beans, The clams had lots of garlic and pepper flakes and kernels of corn in a light white sauce with tagliatelle pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dine outteoteoVIPDined on 7/20/2014overall everything is good and decent! We will visit again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for Sunday diningSactoFoodieDined on 7/13/2014Great food, and service was good up until dessert was served. The waitress let the dessert sit for a good ten minutes and the ice cream melted. It was only when the manager saw us eyeing our dish from the open kitchen that the food got out. Also, the people who were next to us were extremely loud and obnoxious. I understand that the resturaunt cannot help this ,but on a slow Sunday they sont have to provide such close seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BWCFoodieDined on 7/12/2014I recently had dinner with another couple for my wife's birthday. Sometimes we can be picky about our food and did not have great expectations since we have not eaten here for several years. To our surprise we had one of the best Italian meals that we ever had. The restaurant was not very crowded for a Saturday but had a comfortable ambience and was not very noisy so you could hear the person across from you. The fresh heirloom tomato salad and carpaccio was fresh and tasty. Our pasta was perfectly cooked and had outstanding flavors that went well with their homemade bread that was crunchy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. I would definitely return again and would recommend this restaurant to my foodie friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & great foodNikkiDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant is farm to fork, so the menu changes seasonally to reflect availability. The wait staff wa constantly checking up on us and seeing all our needs were met. The dipping oil for the bread was rich with spices. The appetizer cheese plate was so good! The Margherita Pizza had a light tomato sauce and the crust was crispy, yet soft where it should be; only advice would be to provide a bit more basil. The Pappardelle and while Bolognese sauce was good; I would have liked heavy cream for a smoother, richer taste, but it was solid. The ambience is a big, open place, sparse artwork, music playing masks outdoor traffic perfectly. There is a pretty outdoor patio with water alongside it and twinkle lights for nighttime! Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerMarkDined on 7/3/2014We have been to Piatti's a few times and it is a wonderful restaurant. Moving here from New Orleans has been difficult and I try not to be a food snob, but Piatti's is really one of the nicest culinary experiences in Sacramento. I had the heirloom tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad - it was large and could have been a meal in itself. The pork chop was prepared well and moist. My wife's salmon was excellently prepared and seasoned. Great dining experience and the wait staff were attentive and helpful. Nice evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti restaurantolc440VIPDined on 6/29/2014As a first time customer at Piatti's restaurant we were really surprised how lovely and formal it was. The food was delicious and service by the waiter was excellent. Will return.Special Features:
- Consistentpf63VIPDined on 6/21/2014Piatti has been around for a while and if there's one thing I can say for sure, it's been consistent in so many ways: food, service, ambiance. Staff are always welcoming from hostess to servers which is a huge part of the experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyableJujuDined on 6/20/2014Outdoor patio dinner with Valerie V singing is the best. My friends and I shut the place down. We didn't want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrSquirrelDined on 6/15/2014Best, garlicky, dipping oil for the warm bread. The two meals we got were of decent (appropriate) proportions and very tasty.Special Features:
- Piatti - still love the food!hefetrubDined on 6/15/2014The remodel was a bit of a disappointment. Considering all of the amazing restaurant interiors in the Sacramento restaurant scene these days, the buzz about Piatti's remodel had my expectations on a higher tier. Although their efforts fell short there, the food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorCaleatsVIPDined on 5/30/2014We enjoyed the wonderful chicken and the Friday night jazz series on the patio is a special attraction.
- Delicious & funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014We ate a business lunch here. The kitchen brought out our main courses before our salads, so they gave us the salads for free. It was great service recovery and the food was out of this world- so fresh and exquisitely prepared.Special Features:
- Lemon cream sauces22kVIPDined on 5/24/2014Love their ravioli with this sauce but it's not always available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placelove2eatDined on 5/24/2014First time here for dinner and it was as I expected. .. wonderful. The food is amazing, the service is great, and the portion size is what a portion should actually be. I came here on Mother's day for brunch last year and it was wonderful as well. Highly recommend this place! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodDined on 5/21/2014Great food, service and convenient location. I have eaten both lunch and dinner there. I most certainly will come back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An off night?omnivoreVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food quality was inconsistent Tuesday night - not nearly as good as on previous visits. The bartender did not follow the recipe for the drinks and produced four very sour cocktails, and pea shoots served with the vegetables were so fibrous as to be inedible. Pork chops, veal, and pasta were excellent. Saving graces! When food/drink issues were noted to the waiter, he explained to us that WE must be wrong ("Italian 150's are SUPPOSED to be sour" and "pea shoots are just like that". Not an acceptable approach for wait staff! And, the waiter was "mentoring" a new waitress that night. I hope she did not learn his approach. I have liked Piatti a lot in the recent past, but I will wait a while before returning.Special Features:
- remodel worksOuiniVIPDined on 5/12/2014second visit to Piatti's after a very bad initial meal shortly after the remodel months ago. Piatti back on track with quality food, fairly priced, good service and a remodel that insulates the diner from the Fair Oaks Blvd cacophony. Remodel of nearby store was a visual distraction but to be expected as the Pavilions re-invents itself with the changing economic tideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerMaeMDined on 5/11/2014Piatti's is a favorite spot for my mother and I. We were excited to go since renovations had been done. Very disappointed with the renovations. I had planned to take my husband for a date night due to the romantic, intimate setting and that is now gone. However, it would be great for a group of friends for a couples night out. Food was excellent as usual, even though they were out of majority of the entrees and the one dessert we really wanted. Make reservation before 7pm and you may get a better selection. Service (Anton) was also great- less my wine glass that had lipstick on it, but it was handled immediately. I would come back with a group of couples and maybe sit on the patio, just not for romance with the hubbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Experience at PiattiBigD76Dined on 5/11/2014Great service from our waiter. Good and consistent meals. A nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mother's Day brunchBuckeye1VIPDined on 5/11/2014We were there for Mother's Day brunch and they were not busy. They felt it was because they generally don't serve brunch. Their menu was limited for breakfast items but what we had was good. Their bread pudding was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Happyjoemama916Dined on 5/10/2014Service, food, and ambience is always great. My wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary every year. After 10 years of marriage we decided to bring our kids. Even though we weren't dressed up, staff treated us no differently which was awesome. My favorites are the Alaska halibut and the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful outdoors ambianceCharBDined on 5/10/2014It was windy when we were seated outside but once the sun went down the wind died down. There were adequate freestanding heaters so we were not cold at all. Once the wind abated, the heaters had to be turned down. Dinner was excellent. Recommendations: Calamari appetizer, any of the salads, crispy fried chicken, and bread pudding with salty carmel ice cream. Great service. Attentive but not overbearing. Love the outside seating because the restaurant is way too noisy, especially if one has hearing challenges.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJohnDined on 5/7/2014Our first visit since the remodel a year ago. I miss the white tablecloths. The new redo abandons the traditions in favor of a soulless contemporary sterility. I ordered a gin & tonic with Bombay Sapphire but sent it back because the gin was Beefeater's or the like. Bread & balsamic vinegar/oil was delicious. My wife's chicken was unremarkable except for the over peppering. Don't see us returning.
- The following 418 reviews are from the Piatti - Sacramento reviews archive.
- NorCaleatsVIPDined on 4/26/2014We really enjoyed both the excellent arugula and asparagus salad and the chicken dish on the menu now. We still prefer the pre-remodel feel and ambiance of the restaurant, but we will be back.
- PiattisMyfaves1Dined on 4/19/2014Perfect for almost any occasion, the experience begins with the entrance into the village. Easy parking and a nice entrance into the restaurant where the hostesses are always friendly. An open feeling in the restaurant of modest decor and great lighting makes it easy to read the menu and enjoy your company . Of course the food is always prepared well even with special requests. Add in a well rounded wine list moderately priced and Piattis well trained and extremely pleasant and helpful staff and it makes for the perfect dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Credit card slip snafuArtyDined on 4/14/2014Had to sign a second credit card slip after waiter lost the first signed slip. Seemed awfully suspicious. This has never happened in my more than 40 years of dining out.Special Features:
- I had the linguine with shrimp.MargieDined on 4/14/2014I had the linguine with shrimp. Some of the noodles were clumped together, which happens when noodles are cooked and not stirred while cooking. The clumped noodles were hard. The flavor was good.Special Features:
- PiattiJules22Dined on 4/5/2014Amazing food and service. The local trout special was delicious!!! Great service- Will took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Menu selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014Great food for foodies, wonderful wine list and cocktails and very pleasant ambiance. Been there many times and was never disappointed with the food or the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.