Piatti - Mill Valley
625 Redwood Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Mill Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/millvalley/
- Phone: (415) 380-2525
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Sunday 10:00am-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Lowery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can create any menu for your event. Let our wonderful food and service staff allow you to be a guest at your own home or party.
A word from Piatti - Mill Valley
Piatti is a contemporary upscale restaurant overlooking Shelter Bay next to Mt. Tamalpais, featuring the rustic cuisine of a traditional Italian Trattoria. Join us for a spectacular Sunday Brunch on our waterfront patio, for our popular "celebration of wine" nights where all bottles of Italian wine are discounted by 50%, or anytime!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Piatti - Mill Valley - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Piatti - Mill Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (83)great for lunch (56)great for outdoor dining (52)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (44)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (40)special occasion (39)great for brunch (32)romantic (24)hot spot (22)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (3)Show More
- Nice window view even on a rainy dayLouisaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Have dined at Piatti's for dinner, but this was my first visit for lunch. Great menu and wonderful service. We sat by the window and enjoyed watching the mud hens fishing for their lunch. As the restaurant filled up, however, it became terribly noisy. It was difficult to hear my guest speaking and I noticed that as we had to raise our voices, so was everyone else. Too bad, because our chopped romaine salad and grilled chicken sandwich were delicious. I will go back, though. Their situation right off the highway and with lots of parking make it an ideal spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and reliableIntoGreatDiningVIPDined on 11/13/2014Lovely setting, good service. They treat Open Table customers very well. The best part of the meal was the salad. The fried calamari, a guilty pleasure for me, was only so-so. The chicken was tasty but the seafood in squid ink pasta could have been livelier in its flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STILL WONDERFULMochiVIPDined on 11/12/2014Food always good, except caesar salad was soggy this time. Service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing gnocchi but...deborahpVIPDined on 11/9/2014This is great spot. It's on the water; the space is very open, light and inviting. We came in for a late lunch on Sunday and other than the gnocchi being superb, the rest of the meal/experience was mediocre. I think it was a waiter that gave us water but then we sat there for 15 minutes before we waived someone down so we could order. We shared a salad but needed share plates. It took a while to get the wine and share plates so the salad sat for 10 minutes, maybe that is why it was soggy and overdressed. The server that we flagged was very polite and offered to help us but you could tell she was new to waitressing and she did the best she could but she was not trained properly.Special Features:
- LunchJimPiryDined on 10/27/2014We always have great service at Piatti. Sometimes the meals are hit and miss. I was very excited for the Chicken Mushroom Spinach Risotto special of the day. The flavor was so bland. There was not depth to the dish, even seasoning would have helped. It was just one of the misses for me. I also have gotten the caprese appetizer there and it was not being served during that time. No loss, we tried the brussel sprouts and calamari appetizer and both were delicious. My other guests enjoyed the cobb salad, chicken sandwich, and the margarita pizza. No complaints there. Will come back. Such a great view and the staff is worth visiting again.Special Features:
- Great Food, Lovely ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014We in San Francisco, but whenever we go to Marin we eat at Piatti. The food is very good and the setting overlooking the water is very picturesque. For appetizers we tried the roasted tomato soup and the goat cheese with marinated tomatoes on flatbread and both were very good. For entrees we tried the pork chop saltimbocca (which was a special) and the chicken. The chicken was good as always but the pork chop was fabulous. We hope they will serve it again.Special Features:
- Casual LunchBobmanDined on 10/25/2014Attentive service and nice wine list made this lingering lunch very nice.Special Features:
- great servicesumiDined on 10/24/2014our server was incredible. i am so sorry but the food was average and underseasoned. the execution of most of the dishes was sub par. however the excellent service gave us all a terrific time.Special Features:
- Maybe Better on a Week Night?HungryGuyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Habitually loud and frenetic on a weekend night. We had a reservation and got the table right next to the kitchen, which is great if you like the strong smell of many different entrees and the din of clanking plates throughout your meal. Food is hit-or-miss. Some dishes GREAT, like ceviche appetizer. Others not-so-much. The caper & olive pizza with brined green (huh?) olives tasted like a salt lick. Servers take orders but rely on bussers to deliver the food, bring bread, refill drinks, etc. Our meal was half over before the server stopped by to make sure the dishes were correct. It was an active effort to flag down a busser to get our beverages refilled. There are better Italian restaurants in Marin.
- punctualVIPDined on 10/24/2014A very excellent lunch. Our server was tremendous. Food was great and the view was special.Special Features:
- LoveNapaValleyLoveNapaValleyDined on 10/23/2014Excellent food, lively atmosphere, attentive staff.Special Features:
- Nice Brunch!JulesVIPDined on 10/19/2014Nice brunch, good service, great window table. Worth a trip from the East Bay.
- CaptBillDined on 10/18/2014As long as we've been patronizing Piatti's, it has never failed to deliver exceptional food, views, and service. The recipes are eclectic, the ambiance casual but professional, and the panoptic views of Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais memorable. Keep up the high standards you've set for restaurant performance! Bill BuchananSpecial Features:
- Losing its lusterconbrioVIPDined on 10/14/2014We have been going to Piatti's on a regular basis since moving to Mill Valley in 2010. I'm sure we have eaten there at least 25 times. In the beginning we were thrilled to eat the food prepared under the tutelage of Chef Todd Shoberg (now at Molina - yum!); it was always bright, local and tasty. Even after he left the food remained consistent and enjoyable. Unfortunately this last dining experience left us puzzled. The food was mediocre and the service rushed to the point of being unpleasant. The shine is off and I'm not sure if we will return. Sadly...
- Love this place is FabulousEatwellDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant has great food, a nice view and a friendly atmosphere to enjoy with friends. The food is consistent and you will not go wrong with what is on the menu. I recently went to meet with friends and is really my favorite place. They try to accommodate your wants as much as possible and NO attitude. You do not have to wait hours in the bar to be seated, when there is a table available. I have gone so many times I see how they know the diner wants to enjoy his meal along a nice glass of wine. The wine selection is very good. In addition there is plenty of parking. This is truly my place to go in Marin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Very good...special touches like soft throws over the sets on the patio made a real difference...excellent service and welcoming hostess. The kitchen accommodated my no sodium needs flawlessly.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodMargie43VIPDined on 10/5/2014Thought we'd like someplace new for brunch. Very disappointing. Nothing fun or different about this place. Sausage was so dry I could not swallow them. Sent it back for bacon which was a little better. Server was very nice and on top of things.Special Features:
- its all goodbillyaDined on 9/26/2014Consistent hangout, been going since it opened, will be going for many more years.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Went for lunch. Excellent service. Food was very good, prices reasonable. They also have a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onewhoknowsVIPDined on 9/25/2014I am regular customer- was there friday at 6:30 Noise was DEAFENING- will not go back...there is a limit!!! when you can't hear the person next to you- well that is just too much = please share with restaurant
- Get the Chicken Pot PieStephenSSDined on 9/20/2014The views, ambiance, and food are excellent, but the signature dish on the menu is the chicken pot pie. Its almost as large as a regular pie, and the crust is flaky and tasteful. To finish it, one must be a big eater (which I am). There are plenty of vegetables and chicken inside, and it's heated to a perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Yes, and.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Great view over water, not too noisy at lunch but can be very noisy in the evening. There are a few tables outside and that can be delightful. I like how they provide heaters and blankets. The food is good BUT when I announce beforehand that we are celebrating a birthday, I expect the dessert to arrive with a candle. It didn't. If there's no candle for me to blow out, you blew it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very pleasant experience.KIKIVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very convenient and never disappointing. Good ambiance, good balanced menu with a good selection of wines and cocktails. Service tends to depend upon the table you are sitting. I would say that service could improve and a bit more attention to detail. We loved the Brussels sprout dish and seafood pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueEllenDined on 8/30/2014That butterscotch pot d'creme was the best dessert I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very friendly and professional service by our waitress and hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining by the BayCaptBillDined on 8/29/2014Piatti never fails to delight us with its friendly, professional staff, eclectic menu, and panoptic views across Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais. lunch Al fresco on Friday featured a delicately flavored gnocchi and a nice thin-crust veggie pizza. Our group birthday function in the large northern room a couple of years ago was a memorable occasion: One of our favorite spots in Marin. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R&RRudolphVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great place to unwind especially during happy hour especially when killing time from traffic going Northbound, knowing I don't have to rush home, cook, clean and not enjoy a glass of wine. The food is delicious, we always get the meatball sliders and pepperoni pizzas. Drinks are strong. Good times on the patio overlooking Richardson Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and trueEMBEEVIPDined on 8/27/2014We go here often. The food is always tasty and the service attentive. I definitely recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Lovely AmbianceSonomanVIPDined on 8/26/2014You can get small or large portions of many items on the menu so it's nice to go if you want good food but not a lot of it. And the view is lovely.Special Features:
- Had Me @ Water ViewluvawaterviewDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed an early Sunday dinner here with a friend after a Marin Theatre Company production. Seating provided a lovely water view—as requested. Wait staff were attentive, but not intrusive. Decent wines by the glass and my linguine clam dish was simple, but delicious. (My Caesar salad, however, was only so-so. It looked more flavorful than it tasted.) Still, I’ll count this among my post-theater finds and will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch was deliciousChristmasylunchDined on 8/21/2014View of the water lovely. Nice food section. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server had an attitudeSpider8VIPDined on 8/19/2014Our Server took too long to get to our table (5 minutes), her first words were, "Are you ready to order?". It was obvious she had too many tables and couldn't handle her station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerRezziechickVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a group birthday dinner here on Sunday night. The restaurant was nice about accommodating last minute that our group went from 8-12 and let us show up an hour early to set the table and were very accommodating overall. Our waitress was friendly and it was a great experience for everyone. Good food and pretty view.Special Features:
- Happy ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Had a great dinner on Sunday evening. Everything we ordered was terrific; service was good and we were very happy we chose Piatti We have dined with you before but it's been awhile and we are glad we came back.Special Features:
- Disappointed, againCal2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is decent, but no one is paying attention to service. We have been here many times and this seems to be a cycle...when management quits paying attention, service disappears. Our waiter was horrible.
- Great Brunch on SundayBigAlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful view of Mt. Tamalpais, Good Food and Outstanding ServiceSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a romantic birthdayFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Made a dinner reservation through Open Table. Requested a table with a view as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. We were seated promptly and the view was spectacular. My husband started with a perfect vodka martini on the rocks. Warm bread was served with a delicious olive oil balsamic dipping sauce. Food was wonderful, service was attentive, desert was served with a candle and was on the house...... All in all, a YumYum evening......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The place was jumping on a Thursday night. Great views of mount tam and fog coming in over it.
- Place was awesomeBottlesTonightDined on 8/11/2014You could taste each fresh ingredient independently of the other. Simply delicious food and great ambiance. Amazing view of mill valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food!luv2eatDined on 8/9/2014Boy what a find! This place has become my first go-to for italian fare! It is just wonderful and the staff is always so friendly. Open kitchen with fun chefs who really do a fabulous job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.