Piatti - Mill Valley
625 Redwood Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Mill Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/millvalley/
- Phone: 4153802525x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Sunday 10:00am-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Lowery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can create any menu for your event. Let our wonderful food and service staff allow you to be a guest at your own home or party.
A word from Piatti - Mill Valley
Piatti is a contemporary upscale restaurant overlooking Shelter Bay next to Mt. Tamalpais, featuring the rustic cuisine of a traditional Italian Trattoria. Join us for a spectacular Sunday Brunch on our waterfront patio, for our popular "celebration of wine" nights where all bottles of Italian wine are discounted by 50%, or anytime!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Piatti - Mill Valley - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Piatti - Mill Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)great for outdoor dining (63)great for lunch (59)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (47)vibrant bar scene (45)great for brunch (43)good for groups (40)romantic (32)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (18)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014As long as we've been patronizing Piatti's, it has never failed to deliver exceptional food, views, and service. The recipes are eclectic, the ambiance casual but professional, and the panoptic views of Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais memorable. Keep up the high standards you've set for restaurant performance! Bill BuchananSpecial Features:
- Love this place is FabulousEatwellDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant has great food, a nice view and a friendly atmosphere to enjoy with friends. The food is consistent and you will not go wrong with what is on the menu. I recently went to meet with friends and is really my favorite place. They try to accommodate your wants as much as possible and NO attitude. You do not have to wait hours in the bar to be seated, when there is a table available. I have gone so many times I see how they know the diner wants to enjoy his meal along a nice glass of wine. The wine selection is very good. In addition there is plenty of parking. This is truly my place to go in Marin.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Very good...special touches like soft throws over the sets on the patio made a real difference...excellent service and welcoming hostess. The kitchen accommodated my no sodium needs flawlessly.Special Features:
- Mediocre foodMargie43VIPDined on 10/5/2014Thought we'd like someplace new for brunch. Very disappointing. Nothing fun or different about this place. Sausage was so dry I could not swallow them. Sent it back for bacon which was a little better. Server was very nice and on top of things.Special Features:
- its all goodbillyaDined on 9/26/2014Consistent hangout, been going since it opened, will be going for many more years.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Went for lunch. Excellent service. Food was very good, prices reasonable. They also have a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- onewhoknowsVIPDined on 9/25/2014I am regular customer- was there friday at 6:30 Noise was DEAFENING- will not go back...there is a limit!!! when you can't hear the person next to you- well that is just too much = please share with restaurant
- Get the Chicken Pot PieStephenSSDined on 9/20/2014The views, ambiance, and food are excellent, but the signature dish on the menu is the chicken pot pie. Its almost as large as a regular pie, and the crust is flaky and tasteful. To finish it, one must be a big eater (which I am). There are plenty of vegetables and chicken inside, and it's heated to a perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Yes, and.....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Great view over water, not too noisy at lunch but can be very noisy in the evening. There are a few tables outside and that can be delightful. I like how they provide heaters and blankets. The food is good BUT when I announce beforehand that we are celebrating a birthday, I expect the dessert to arrive with a candle. It didn't. If there's no candle for me to blow out, you blew it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very pleasant experience.KIKIVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very convenient and never disappointing. Good ambiance, good balanced menu with a good selection of wines and cocktails. Service tends to depend upon the table you are sitting. I would say that service could improve and a bit more attention to detail. We loved the Brussels sprout dish and seafood pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SueEllenDined on 8/30/2014That butterscotch pot d'creme was the best dessert I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very friendly and professional service by our waitress and hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining by the BayCaptBillDined on 8/29/2014Piatti never fails to delight us with its friendly, professional staff, eclectic menu, and panoptic views across Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais. lunch Al fresco on Friday featured a delicately flavored gnocchi and a nice thin-crust veggie pizza. Our group birthday function in the large northern room a couple of years ago was a memorable occasion: One of our favorite spots in Marin. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- R&RRudolphVIPDined on 8/28/2014Great place to unwind especially during happy hour especially when killing time from traffic going Northbound, knowing I don't have to rush home, cook, clean and not enjoy a glass of wine. The food is delicious, we always get the meatball sliders and pepperoni pizzas. Drinks are strong. Good times on the patio overlooking Richardson Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and trueEMBEEVIPDined on 8/27/2014We go here often. The food is always tasty and the service attentive. I definitely recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Lovely AmbianceSonomanVIPDined on 8/26/2014You can get small or large portions of many items on the menu so it's nice to go if you want good food but not a lot of it. And the view is lovely.Special Features:
- Had Me @ Water ViewluvawaterviewDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed an early Sunday dinner here with a friend after a Marin Theatre Company production. Seating provided a lovely water view—as requested. Wait staff were attentive, but not intrusive. Decent wines by the glass and my linguine clam dish was simple, but delicious. (My Caesar salad, however, was only so-so. It looked more flavorful than it tasted.) Still, I’ll count this among my post-theater finds and will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch was deliciousChristmasylunchDined on 8/21/2014View of the water lovely. Nice food section. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server had an attitudeSpider8VIPDined on 8/19/2014Our Server took too long to get to our table (5 minutes), her first words were, "Are you ready to order?". It was obvious she had too many tables and couldn't handle her station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerRezziechickVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a group birthday dinner here on Sunday night. The restaurant was nice about accommodating last minute that our group went from 8-12 and let us show up an hour early to set the table and were very accommodating overall. Our waitress was friendly and it was a great experience for everyone. Good food and pretty view.Special Features:
- Happy ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Had a great dinner on Sunday evening. Everything we ordered was terrific; service was good and we were very happy we chose Piatti We have dined with you before but it's been awhile and we are glad we came back.Special Features:
- Disappointed, againCal2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is decent, but no one is paying attention to service. We have been here many times and this seems to be a cycle...when management quits paying attention, service disappears. Our waiter was horrible.
- Great Brunch on SundayBigAlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful view of Mt. Tamalpais, Good Food and Outstanding ServiceSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a romantic birthdayFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Made a dinner reservation through Open Table. Requested a table with a view as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. We were seated promptly and the view was spectacular. My husband started with a perfect vodka martini on the rocks. Warm bread was served with a delicious olive oil balsamic dipping sauce. Food was wonderful, service was attentive, desert was served with a candle and was on the house...... All in all, a YumYum evening......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The place was jumping on a Thursday night. Great views of mount tam and fog coming in over it.
- Place was awesomeBottlesTonightDined on 8/11/2014You could taste each fresh ingredient independently of the other. Simply delicious food and great ambiance. Amazing view of mill valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food!luv2eatDined on 8/9/2014Boy what a find! This place has become my first go-to for italian fare! It is just wonderful and the staff is always so friendly. Open kitchen with fun chefs who really do a fabulous job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatdavebarrDined on 8/9/2014Good food, great service. We needed a last minute place to check out after an early party where there wasn't enough food. Waiter was great, menu looked good. We had the meatballs which my wife loved but I thought were a bit boring. I had a caesar salad which was also ok (it had some almost kale-like lettuce which threw me off but enjoyed). The part I did not like but ended up finishing anyway was the bolognese, which was much too salty and a bit dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyDined on 8/9/2014Arrived an hour early for our reservation. Host graciously fitted us (2) in immediately. Food was varied and good and the waiter assisted us in sharing plates. It was sunset and a beautiful view overlooking the bay and seeing Mt. Tamalpais. However by 7:00PM the noise was almost unbearable. We were in the middle of the restaurant which was probably the loudest. RickySpecial Features:
- Too noisy! Spoiled our celebrationLocavorDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 8 and I had asked specifically that the table be relatively quiet because of several elderly people who were hard of hearing. Our evening was a disaster since we were set up at a table near the bar. Unbelievable! We asked to be moved and were told we couldn't be as the other tables were reserved. This in spite of the fact the restaurant was empty when we arrived. Horrible! An important event for us, spoiled because half the people couldn't hear.Build a wall between your bar and dining room. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Wish it was better!cmfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great location, water view, would be perfect but for wait staff that doesn't know the menu and doesn't listen, and for a kitchen that slaps food together. Steak in steak salad ordered medium and came rare; when asked to fix, meat came back charred like shoe leather; it wasn't made right in any way. But the view and company were delightful, so...maybe...who cares about the food and service?Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysRandyDined on 8/4/2014I am a regular at the Danville location and the Mill Valley restaurant was excellent as well! Great food, service and view!Special Features:
- Delicious LunchTweetyDined on 8/4/2014Our food was delicious and our waiter was excellent! Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Piatti. The food was delicious, and the service was great. Wonderful wine and good selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better...MamaSpudVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've had 3 decent dining experiences at Piatti's until our most recent visit. Unfortunately, this 4th time we dined there, & none of our orders were to our liking and we had brought a guest from out of town! Our guest's Kobe steak was quite tough, after ordering it med rare. The steak dish was strongly suggested by our waiter for our guest to order from the menu. My husband's salmon was overwhelmed by the more then generous sauteed carrots, which covered 2/3rds of the plate. My pork chop I couldn't eat since it was smoothered with lemon sauce & capers, which dried it out. We left very dissapointed & apologized to our guest for the not so good dining experience. I doubt we'll be back.
- Consistently goodLuvSushiNSeafoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Have had several meals here with family, including kids. Food is always good, as is the wine, and the service is always excellent. This is one of our Go-To restaurants for a family splurge night when the neighborhood pizza or taco joint just won't do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMRYDR237Dined on 7/30/2014The Caprice salad is the best I ever had, Prawns so very good with a yummy sauce on them, I have never ordered spaghetti at a restaurant before but I had to try there spaghetti and meatballs,they are so good that I can`t ever have home made again.Special Features:
- loved it!potatomaniacDined on 7/25/2014The food and view at Piatti's was absolutely amazing. I'd recommend the half chicken to anyone. Our server seemed to have too many tables in her section as our service wasn't exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!luv2eatDined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Piatti pleaseslookingforseafoodDined on 7/23/2014Good food, good service, and good ambience. Place was busy, which is always a good sign for a restaurant. A little noisy, but manageable. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.