Piatti - Mill Valley
625 Redwood Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Mill Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/millvalley/
- Phone: 4153802525x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Sunday 10:00am-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Lowery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can create any menu for your event. Let our wonderful food and service staff allow you to be a guest at your own home or party.
A word from Piatti - Mill Valley
Piatti is a contemporary upscale restaurant overlooking Shelter Bay next to Mt. Tamalpais, featuring the rustic cuisine of a traditional Italian Trattoria. Join us for a spectacular Sunday Brunch on our waterfront patio, for our popular "celebration of wine" nights where all bottles of Italian wine are discounted by 50%, or anytime!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Piatti - Mill Valley - Best Restaurants in Mill Valley ›
Piatti - Mill Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)great for outdoor dining (69)great for lunch (65)great for brunch (63)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (52)vibrant bar scene (51)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (42)romantic (39)kid-friendly (30)notable wine list (19)hot spot (19)late-night find (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014That butterscotch pot d'creme was the best dessert I have ever had!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very friendly and professional service by our waitress and hostess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining by the BayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Piatti never fails to delight us with its friendly, professional staff, eclectic menu, and panoptic views across Richardson Bay and Mt. Tamalpais. lunch Al fresco on Friday featured a delicately flavored gnocchi and a nice thin-crust veggie pizza. Our group birthday function in the large northern room a couple of years ago was a memorable occasion: One of our favorite spots in Marin. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and trueEMBEEVIPDined on 8/27/2014We go here often. The food is always tasty and the service attentive. I definitely recommend eating here.Special Features:
- Lovely AmbianceSonomanVIPDined on 8/26/2014You can get small or large portions of many items on the menu so it's nice to go if you want good food but not a lot of it. And the view is lovely.Special Features:
- Had Me @ Water ViewluvawaterviewDined on 8/24/2014Enjoyed an early Sunday dinner here with a friend after a Marin Theatre Company production. Seating provided a lovely water view—as requested. Wait staff were attentive, but not intrusive. Decent wines by the glass and my linguine clam dish was simple, but delicious. (My Caesar salad, however, was only so-so. It looked more flavorful than it tasted.) Still, I’ll count this among my post-theater finds and will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch was deliciousChristmasylunchDined on 8/21/2014View of the water lovely. Nice food section. Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server had an attitudeSpider8VIPDined on 8/19/2014Our Server took too long to get to our table (5 minutes), her first words were, "Are you ready to order?". It was obvious she had too many tables and couldn't handle her station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dinnerRezziechickVIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a group birthday dinner here on Sunday night. The restaurant was nice about accommodating last minute that our group went from 8-12 and let us show up an hour early to set the table and were very accommodating overall. Our waitress was friendly and it was a great experience for everyone. Good food and pretty view.Special Features:
- Happy ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2014Had a great dinner on Sunday evening. Everything we ordered was terrific; service was good and we were very happy we chose Piatti We have dined with you before but it's been awhile and we are glad we came back.Special Features:
- Disappointed, againCal2VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food is decent, but no one is paying attention to service. We have been here many times and this seems to be a cycle...when management quits paying attention, service disappears. Our waiter was horrible.
- Great Brunch on SundayBigAlVIPDined on 8/16/2014Beautiful view of Mt. Tamalpais, Good Food and Outstanding ServiceSpecial Features:
- Perfect for a romantic birthdayFoodieDined on 8/14/2014Made a dinner reservation through Open Table. Requested a table with a view as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. We were seated promptly and the view was spectacular. My husband started with a perfect vodka martini on the rocks. Warm bread was served with a delicious olive oil balsamic dipping sauce. Food was wonderful, service was attentive, desert was served with a candle and was on the house...... All in all, a YumYum evening......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014The place was jumping on a Thursday night. Great views of mount tam and fog coming in over it.
- Place was awesomeBottlesTonightDined on 8/11/2014You could taste each fresh ingredient independently of the other. Simply delicious food and great ambiance. Amazing view of mill valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatdavebarrDined on 8/9/2014Good food, great service. We needed a last minute place to check out after an early party where there wasn't enough food. Waiter was great, menu looked good. We had the meatballs which my wife loved but I thought were a bit boring. I had a caesar salad which was also ok (it had some almost kale-like lettuce which threw me off but enjoyed). The part I did not like but ended up finishing anyway was the bolognese, which was much too salty and a bit dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickyDined on 8/9/2014Arrived an hour early for our reservation. Host graciously fitted us (2) in immediately. Food was varied and good and the waiter assisted us in sharing plates. It was sunset and a beautiful view overlooking the bay and seeing Mt. Tamalpais. However by 7:00PM the noise was almost unbearable. We were in the middle of the restaurant which was probably the loudest. RickySpecial Features:
- Too noisy! Spoiled our celebrationLocavorDined on 8/9/2014We were a party of 8 and I had asked specifically that the table be relatively quiet because of several elderly people who were hard of hearing. Our evening was a disaster since we were set up at a table near the bar. Unbelievable! We asked to be moved and were told we couldn't be as the other tables were reserved. This in spite of the fact the restaurant was empty when we arrived. Horrible! An important event for us, spoiled because half the people couldn't hear.Build a wall between your bar and dining room. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Wish it was better!cmfoodieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great location, water view, would be perfect but for wait staff that doesn't know the menu and doesn't listen, and for a kitchen that slaps food together. Steak in steak salad ordered medium and came rare; when asked to fix, meat came back charred like shoe leather; it wasn't made right in any way. But the view and company were delightful, so...maybe...who cares about the food and service?Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysRandyDined on 8/4/2014I am a regular at the Danville location and the Mill Valley restaurant was excellent as well! Great food, service and view!Special Features:
- Delicious LunchTweetyDined on 8/4/2014Our food was delicious and our waiter was excellent! Thank you again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Piatti. The food was delicious, and the service was great. Wonderful wine and good selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better...MamaSpudVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've had 3 decent dining experiences at Piatti's until our most recent visit. Unfortunately, this 4th time we dined there, & none of our orders were to our liking and we had brought a guest from out of town! Our guest's Kobe steak was quite tough, after ordering it med rare. The steak dish was strongly suggested by our waiter for our guest to order from the menu. My husband's salmon was overwhelmed by the more then generous sauteed carrots, which covered 2/3rds of the plate. My pork chop I couldn't eat since it was smoothered with lemon sauce & capers, which dried it out. We left very dissapointed & apologized to our guest for the not so good dining experience. I doubt we'll be back.
- Consistently goodLuvSushiNSeafoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Have had several meals here with family, including kids. Food is always good, as is the wine, and the service is always excellent. This is one of our Go-To restaurants for a family splurge night when the neighborhood pizza or taco joint just won't do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMRYDR237Dined on 7/30/2014The Caprice salad is the best I ever had, Prawns so very good with a yummy sauce on them, I have never ordered spaghetti at a restaurant before but I had to try there spaghetti and meatballs,they are so good that I can`t ever have home made again.Special Features:
- loved it!potatomaniacDined on 7/25/2014The food and view at Piatti's was absolutely amazing. I'd recommend the half chicken to anyone. Our server seemed to have too many tables in her section as our service wasn't exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super!luv2eatDined on 7/24/2014We really enjoyed our dinner here. The food and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Piatti pleaseslookingforseafoodDined on 7/23/2014Good food, good service, and good ambience. Place was busy, which is always a good sign for a restaurant. A little noisy, but manageable. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti, Mill ValleyLucyVIPDined on 7/18/2014I return to Piatti again and again. The food is excellent and the service very attentive. The house Chardonnay was surprisingly good. I like the idea of small or large portions of entrees which saves room for the fabulous desserts.Special Features:
- SteakMichaelDined on 7/13/2014i am a frequent patron at piatti, i took my girlfriend for her birthday dinner on Sunday. Unfoteunatley the food was the only item lacking, we were able to sit outside which provided a great ambiance. The wait staff your excellent, although my steak was extremely tough ( i asked for medium rare) risotto was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious !LindalsdDined on 7/12/2014A very enjoyable meal with a lovely view of the bay and mount tam. The service was great and our waiter very helpful . The white clam sauce was perfectly prepared !Special Features:
- Sun problemOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food and service were terrific but we sat in a place where the windows were insuffifiently covered for the sun problem and it made it challenging to have the sun in our eyes (we ended up wearing our sun glasses) for an evening meal. There are many ways to rectify the problem but we won't sit in that room next time.Special Features:
- Great Place For LunchJoeDineVIPDined on 7/11/2014Had a wonderful lunch with my brother while taking in a great view.Special Features:
- Flavorful fare, expert preparedkrishendraVIPDined on 7/10/2014From the Burrata & Fig with wildflower honeycomb to the Butterscotch Pot de Creme, a wonderful dinner from beginning to end. Service was knowledgeable and unpretentious. Beautiful view of inlet to top it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S ZaslavKukanaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great place to meet business associates for lunch! Dinner at sunset is also romantic!Special Features:
- IrenVIPDined on 7/6/2014We were a large group with elderly an father with a walker. Staff was very accomodating. Made us feel at ease which is a great component when we dine out with elderly parents.Special Features:
- Pleasant early dinnerfamilymanDined on 6/29/2014as we are older, we like this restaurant for daytime dining as the ambience relaxing, seating comfortable, service first rate, the food quite good, and the wine good value for the money. The menu choices are narrow, but quite sufficient to have a wonderful dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- ServiceLuv2eatLobsterVIPDined on 6/29/2014Today our server was Barry. Without a doubt, we enjoy his service and his great attitude, always a happy person.Special Features:
- Good food but....Stephi6nDined on 6/28/2014We went to Piatti with a small group of friends. The restaurant is right on the water. We were seated in a part of the dining room that is all glassed in. You might expect me to wax poetic about the glorious view since it truly is lovely. No poetry here since the restaurant has nothing in place that keeps the sun from totally blinding the diners. We asked to be moved but were told that wasn't an option since there wasn't a free table. As we squinted in the blinding light of the sun we saw waiters pulling a curtain closed to block the sun for the inner dining room which essentially cut us off from the rest of the dining room with no sun blocking for us! The beef tenderloin I ordered was delicious. Great service. Meal was ruined by the sun!Special Features:
- Something for everyoneMttamerVIPDined on 6/27/2014This place meets lots of needs, lively bar, very good food, family friendly. It's kind of on our regular rotation so that should say it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.