Piatti - La Jolla
2182 Avenida de la Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/lajolla/
- Phone: 8584541589
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pepe Ccapatinta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers catering for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Facilities: Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate events. We offer several menus at different price points, as well as an extensive wine list to complement your menu selections. Piatti features several areas for your banquet needs.
We offer a variety of event locations, including Indoor Banquet Space and two outdoor Patios.
- Private Party Contact: Kasey Avedesian 8584541589
A word from Piatti - La Jolla
A tradition to many La Jollans, this Italian bistro serves fresh authentic regional Italian cuisine. A landmark Ficus tree takes up one corner of their very popular patio, but the bright and cheerful dining room is delightful during the day or on those chilly evenings when it’s too cold to sit outside. The menu is presented in an innovative and creative fashion offering a wide variety of pastas, pizza and grilled items. In addition, you may find many vegetarian and health conscious dishes. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday and includes specialties such as Uovo Benedetto (Eggs Benefits served on grilled polenta with basil hollandaise) along with omelets and breakfast pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatti - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (173)great for outdoor dining (169)special occasion (112)fit for foodies (97)romantic (94)great for lunch (82)good for groups (74)kid-friendly (46)great for brunch (40)hot spot (36)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (15)scenic view (12)Show More
- Lunch on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent. Ambience on the patio was great. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Tasting the Unusual & UniqueRLVegasDined on 8/12/2014What a joy to find menu items never tasted or tried before. We are in love with cauliflower cakes! And to have a great waiter patiently explain what to expect and how to mix/match to make them even better was added bonus. . Nothing like great service to bring customers back. Kudos! The menu is as vibrant as the room and the outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- AnneDined on 8/4/2014Piatti's is my favorite restaurant in La Jolla!!! Piatti's atmosphere especially dining outside, is warm and inviting. Their food is consistently delicious Italian.Special Features:
- foodie48Dined on 8/4/2014It took nearly on hour for our entrees to arrive but the food was excellent when it did come. Too bad the kitchen was so slow. I don't think it was our waiter's fault as he apologized several time for the wait.
- Extremely satisfied!FoodiesatisfactionDined on 8/4/2014My son recommended Piatti for my daughter-in-law's 40th birthday celebration. It was fantastic in every way! From our greeting by the hostess upon arrival to the birthday dessert we were all blown away! The waiter was knowledgable about the wines and menu items. We were provided with an amazing gluten free menu upon request. Each of our selections were delicious and very adequate in portion. The dipping oil at our table for the bread was loaded with garlic and scrumptious! The meal was reasonably priced and the perfect choice for our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful and the service was great as well !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Lasagna is wonderful. Great service. Grilled asparagus is great.Special Features:
- Delicious lunchgoingoutDined on 7/27/2014We had the most enjoyable lunch in their patio thanks to the tree that gave us shade from the direct sunlight. Taylor, our waitress was very attentive and answered all our questions. The fresh out of the oven bread and balsamic vinegar garlic oil was out of this world. We had the mushroom pasta with white sauce and the sausage pasta with a spicy zing to it. They were both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consitently GoodFitFoodyDined on 7/26/2014I always find the food at Piatti's and the service very good.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 7/24/2014the only thing about this restaurant is that i hear that it is owned by Nancy Pelosi. If i determine that this is true. I won't be dining there anymore.Special Features:
- The SameScottDined on 7/19/2014Everything was the same Perfect. Food,Service Environment. Just Great.Special Features:
- TouristDined on 7/18/2014Our dinner with good friends who live in the area was spoiled by VERY noising children at the larger tables nearby. It was very loud and we could hardly hear each other talking. Food was OK, but hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Food is always good here. Service a little slot the night we were there -- several large parties seemed to be slowing things down. My daughter ordered an additional side which did not show up until she had finished her meal.Special Features:
- Great patio dininggregmickDined on 7/15/2014Had clients in from out of town. What a great way to introduce them to the beauty of La Jolla while enjoying a relaxing Italian dinner under the stars and the trees out on the Piatti's patio. Many good options on the menu. Attentive service. My "go to" place in the shores.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food was amazing. Dipping sauce, bread, veal scallipini, spaghetti Nd meatballs were so delicious! Jessica, our server, was very attentive. Food, server and ambiance was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti FanromanticdiningloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014Piatti is one of my favorite restaurants in LJ Shores. Great service. Comfortable seating and fun atmosphere at the bar. The food is delicious and the personalized menus created for special occasions make all guests feel very special. I cannot say enough good things about Piatti. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food was Good BUTMessengerDined on 7/10/2014We go to Piattis frequently. The food and service is always great! This time we made early reservations to beat the crowed. Arrived early and found the bar seating to be open. Asked for a table and they accomodated. We were the only people seated in the area which was quite nice. Until the hostess seats a family of four with two youn children right next to us! No issues if there is no other seat or the place is busy. Not the case here! The place was empy! Our quiet time become very distracted and were left wondering how much thought went into seating their guest. Obvioulsy we were a single couple having a good time in the corner of the bar area. Don't understand why they would made a seating assgnment like they did???Special Features:
- very goodeastcoastpatronDined on 7/9/2014nice restaurant, great staff and the food was real good. There were four of us and we each ordered a different dish and shared them. They were all excellentSpecial Features:
- excellent food and serviceEric5Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I had dinner at Piatti - La Jolla mid-week in July. Service was very good and staff was friendly. We had two entrees: the trout and risotto. Both were excellent, especially the trout. Server recommended a very good red wine with our dinner. Relaxing and comfortable in the indoor area. Large outdoor patio with lots of tables would be nice to try next time.Special Features:
- Still one of the bestjreatsandtweetsVIPDined on 7/6/2014I've never, ever had a less than stellar experience here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experiencetrdliteVIPDined on 7/6/2014We have been to Piatti many times before. Always leave with a good experience and this was no different. The cauliflower cakes is a very good start. I always get the spaghetti and meatballs, never fails. Need to try other items in the menu as well.Special Features:
- La Playa GirllaplayagirlDined on 7/6/2014As always, the food was Excellent! Blueberry pancakes were incredible! The grilled romaine salad was delicious! Would order again!!! Oh, and the EVOO and garlic dipping sauce is out of this world! Always a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary TraditionSucker4specialsDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I have dined a Piatti La Jolla for our last two anniversaries and they do not disappoint. Excellent menu, wonderful wine pairings, and very friendly staff. They even took the time to personalize our menus when I let them know it was our anniversary. It's the little things these days... If you are looking for a great Italian dinner experience in San Diego, look no further than Piatti. I think my wife and I have a new tradition!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2014Had dinner with an old friend. Service was slow but fortunately we were not in any hurry. Caesar salad was fine but not exceptional. Seafood pasta was quite good while pappardelle with shrimp only ok as the pasta was tough (not al dente just tough). Lemon tart for dessert was great, creamy and lemony with a raspberry coulée. Reliable but not exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014Piatti has a special charm with a wide ranging menu even though it is an Italian restaurant. The taste will rival any very expensive restaurant and the service is always excellent with a friendly neighborhood feel. There is outside dining that lends itself to romantic and inside that is very comfortable. From the first visit we were hooked and make it in at least once a month and we have to drive more than forty minutes. It is comfortable enough to go after a long day and impressive enough to go for a birthday or anniversary for a special person.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceSDLiferDined on 6/28/2014Went for our 10th anniversary dinner and had a great time. Service was excellent overall , especially our waitress Taylor. Food was excellent. Bread was warm. Eager to go back. Highly recommend Piatti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingOliviaDined on 6/25/2014We always eat here when we stY at La Jolla Shores Hotel. Fabulous service and food. Shrimp parpedelle and seafood linguini are my favorites. The grilled Romaine salad is delicious and great to share with another person.It's noisy and busy but worth it! Great wine list and wonderful servers. We had Clayton one night and went back a second night and had Sal- both were great and we were never rushed. Great gelato choices for dessert. I don't recommend the lemon marscapone cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st time. Enjoyed our evening!LABobDined on 6/21/2014We were a Party of Six. Asked for a Round Table. Showed up for our 8pm. and were immediately seated. Place was packed inside and out. Staff was running ragged to keep up. Outstanding Pasta dishes! Food and Wine cost were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014We loved it. We sat outside under the fig tree and were very comfortable. I had the pasta dish with the mushroom and spinish with a mushroom and wine sauce. I can't stop thinking about it. If it wasn't 2 hours away I have takeout once a week.Special Features:
- jameshjrDined on 6/18/2014Piatti is consistently very good and was not crowded for lunch this day. Attentive service, excellent food, lovely outdoor patio.Special Features:
- Always goodcmarieDined on 6/17/2014Piatti has a great menu and wine list. The staff are very helpful. The only problem (not their fault) is parking in the La Jolla Shores area. But I'll keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnermichaelDined on 6/15/2014Another outstanding meal at Piatti's. We've been at least 10 times and have not been disappointed. Great food, friendly service, and you can't beat the ambiance if you sit outside.Special Features:
- All around great!HollyDined on 6/14/2014This was our second time to Piatti. Both times we went, the restaurant was packed. Notwithstanding, we were seated promptly, we had excellent unhurried service, and a great meal. It was graduation weekend when we were there and we saw lots of large parties and children. They seem to have it down, and know how to execute. There is parking in a nearby underground lot with security.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianaDined on 6/14/2014We always enjoy the food here and have always had great service.ItalianoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My Favorite Italian SpotsJGNGDined on 6/12/2014I love Piattis! We have been going there for years. The outdoor patio under the giant fig tree is the place to sit. They are wonderful when it comes to special occasions. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Never DisappointedJenninSDDined on 6/12/2014My husband and I love Piatti. We have always enjoyed going there with just the two of us, but it is also one of the few 'go-to' restaurants where we love to take out of town guests. The food is always fabulous, the service friendly and attentive, and the ambiance always perfect. The noise level is minimal so that several people can carry on a conversation in a normal voice.Special Features:
- LsarronDined on 6/12/2014Great ambience and service! The food was also very tasty :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not NYC Italian4FOODVIPDined on 6/11/2014We choose Piatti based upon reviews. We were visiting from Pasadena with our grandaughter. Friends from Carlsbad also meet us for dinner. Even on the ride from our hotel, another passenger raved, about the food. Maybe my wife and I are "too picky" and possible for San Diego this Italian food is acceptable. The appetizer of fried calamara with spicy aioli was just OK. Best appetizer was a salad of baby fennel. Our grandaughter was the last to be served. Her piazza average at best. Our pasta dishes all varied but nothing memorable. Even Los Angeles has some go to Italian restaurants.
- great diningfoxLJDined on 6/9/2014we had an awesome anniversary experience at piatti. food was great and service as well. they have no hurry to kick you out as others do in la jolla when you're done with dining! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Piatti's4CANDYDined on 6/9/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and I am never disappointed. Great waiters, helpful suggestions, excellent food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.