Piatti - La Jolla
2182 Avenida de la Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/lajolla/
- Phone: 8584541589
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pepe Ccapatinta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers catering for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Facilities: Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate events. We offer several menus at different price points, as well as an extensive wine list to complement your menu selections. Piatti features several areas for your banquet needs.
We offer a variety of event locations, including Indoor Banquet Space and two outdoor Patios.
- Private Party Contact: Kasey Avedesian 8584541589
A word from Piatti - La Jolla
A tradition to many La Jollans, this Italian bistro serves fresh authentic regional Italian cuisine. A landmark Ficus tree takes up one corner of their very popular patio, but the bright and cheerful dining room is delightful during the day or on those chilly evenings when it’s too cold to sit outside. The menu is presented in an innovative and creative fashion offering a wide variety of pastas, pizza and grilled items. In addition, you may find many vegetarian and health conscious dishes. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday and includes specialties such as Uovo Benedetto (Eggs Benefits served on grilled polenta with basil hollandaise) along with omelets and breakfast pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatti - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (177)great for outdoor dining (174)special occasion (104)romantic (99)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (77)great for lunch (77)kid-friendly (52)hot spot (42)great for brunch (38)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (27)late-night find (15)scenic view (13)Show More
- wonderful place for lunchFoodisgoodDined on 9/19/2014Had a lovely lunch on a sunny Friday at Piatti's in La Jolla. Food was very good and so were the service and the ambiance. Great way to start the weekend.Special Features:
- Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Piatti is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. I've been going for years and I'm never disappointed with the food. The noise level is really bad inside. Truly I could not hear the person next to me- and we had early reservations with the hope of less people thus less noise. Next time I'll eat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun at NightCatLoverDined on 9/15/2014We took a candidate that we were interviewing to this restaurant. We chose the patio outdoors, even though it was a hot night. We enjoyed all our entrees, and it was not as noisy as the inside tables so that we could talk to our candidate. Overall we had a good meal and enjoyed the patio.Special Features:
- Continues to be a favorite of oursjduarteDined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant in La Jolla near the beach. Gluten Free options available. Usually go for special occasions (birthdays: call ahead and they will print a menu with celebrants name on it). We like to sit in the patio area under lighted tree. This particular experience was saved by the delicious food (ordered sweetbreads, Italian Sausage with Gluten Free Pasta & Fish selection) as service was not up to the usual standards for Piatti. Atypical, as service is most often very attentive and knowledgeable, offering suggestions and explaining menu. Can't think of a time when we've ever ordered something we did not enjoy.Special Features:
- My favorite spot!kOreDined on 9/13/2014I love Piatti's! The patio is awesome, if you're having lunch or dinner! The bread, wine, and food is delicious!! I have recommended this place to many friends! Definitely a hidden GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice italianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014This place is nice, has good food and good service. Its a nice place to go when in the neighborhood. It is open all day wich makes it even more appealling. I went on friiday night, so ot is a litte more crowded, and a little noisy, but the food was very gogg and the wine list very nice.Special Features:
- too busy leading to server fatigueGourmetCritique4UDined on 9/12/2014Overall, the place to regularly visit however, because it gets really busy, few hosts and servers get arrogant which is the natural trend for all places of fame. Then customers slowly walk across the street to the next Italian restaurant abound in La Jolla and in san diego. The management is good and responsive but should be vigilant regarding host and server training. Never take any customer for granted and never assume "we have so many we do not need you."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner locationFoodisgoodDined on 9/11/2014The food was very good - a nice menu with many choices. Love sitting outside and dinning. Even if you live around the corner, you feel as though you are away on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti's again4CANDYDined on 9/10/2014Every time we visit La Jolla.........Piatti's is a must. The menu does not change much but there is alot to like.Special Features:
- A trusted favoriteDonatellaDined on 9/8/2014I have been going to Piatti's in La Jolla for several years and the food is always exceptional! Would recommend Piatti's for celebrations and a nice dinner spot for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApprgoodDined on 9/7/2014Always rewarding. Have visited Piatti's many times over the years, and do not recall being disappointed. Great family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everything, but OK foodMarianarioDined on 9/6/2014The place was beautiful (we dined on the back patio) and the service very good. It was quiet and romantic, with a gorgeous massive old tree centering the patio. The herbed cauliflower cake appetizer was excellent but the dinner was just a little better thank OK. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my Wild mushroom r ricotta rotolo, but the flavors were generally bland, which was especially for my husband's lamb penne. The lamb meat was cooked well, soft and juicy, but the flavors, again were especially blend and the whole thing was not really coming together. I would still come back and recommend it to people for its great ambiance and very decent food, but keep in mind that the menu will definitely not wow your palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian restaurant!GolferGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Piatti - definitely not our last! The food was delicious, the waiter entertaining and very knowledgeable and their outdoor patio seating is wonderful! My husband and I shared the lamb ragu dish and at the suggestion of our waiter, opted for the homemade pasta rather than what was listed on the menu for only $1 more. Well worth it! Also had a very good dessert - vanilla ice cream with a terrific sauce poured over the top - don't remember exactly what it was but sure was good! This place is definitely worth several return trips!Special Features:
- Berry45Dined on 9/4/2014Piatti never disappoints! A go-to for our family for years. House guests love to go there!Special Features:
- Excellent evening outKAJODined on 9/3/2014Very enjoyable evening, excellent food and wine. Good selection on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place! It's Amazing!! :)TheShanster19Dined on 9/3/2014One of my favorite Places. The food is always amazing. I love seeing all different people come here. I love their cocktails and wine list. I have an addiction to the bread and dip they bring out. I love having the Lemon Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Half & Half. Half Cream Half Tomato Sauce. It's so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints here!!MamaMiaDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at Piatti and we will definitely return! The food and service was impeccable....eating out on the patio that surrounds that big beautiful tree was lovely....everything was done to perfection! The veal was tender and moist....the gorgonzola sauce on the pasta with grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes and asparagus is one dish I will definitely have again! They fill up quickly, so I would definitely make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemlajolladeliciousDined on 9/2/2014Have been eating at Piatti in La Jolla Shores for as long as I can remember. We've been vacationing in La Jolla for over 30 years and haven't missed dining at Piatti since they opened. Every year we look forward to our special menu favorites and are never disappointed. Obviously, we've aged just a little in 30 years and Piatti is always accommodating to our seating request which is now a quiet corner table.Special Features:
- We love Piattifood4usDined on 8/31/2014Anytime we are in the San Diego area, we always make sure we get to Piatti. We love the food and atmosphere! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalliaDined on 8/31/2014Good as always.......................................................................................Special Features:
- MarkVIPDined on 8/31/2014Always good cannot go wrong at this place. Pasta is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jenjenDined on 8/31/2014There were 4 in our party and we sat outside on the patio -- better choice because indoors can be very noisy. My meal came to the table and it wasn't the right meal. Had to wait while the rest of my party ate. Also service was very slow. Waited awhile for drinks. Had to ask someone to get our waiter for the check. Granted it was Labor Day weekend.Special Features:
- Excellent!LalandraDined on 8/28/2014Piatti La Jolla was the perfect place to celebrate my friend's birthday. We told them ahead of time and not only did they accommodate our group on the patio as requested (they have a gorgeous big tree with twinkle lights), but they also had custom printed menus with a birthday message across the top! The servers were wonderful, and everyone loved their food. Our gluten-free friend was impressed by the huge number of options for her. It was a wonderful birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paitti has been betterSouthMissionDined on 8/26/2014oUR FAVORITE and this experience was not up to all that as our waiter was not all ok.Special Features:
- Great findanightoutDined on 8/24/2014We were looking for Italian food and found this online. The ratings were spot on. We made an error when we booked our reservation but they were really great at accommodating our family and got us in within 15 min. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Spot w/ Delicious Food!FoodieGirlDined on 8/24/2014Super cute spot, great food. Only negative was our waiter seemed like he was rushing around all the time- he was very nice, just seemed like he was in a hurry thru our entire dinner. Would go back if I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsMJohnsonDined on 8/23/2014Delicious food, service always great, patio seating pretty at night, only drawback is the crowd, reservations are a must. Standing room only at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent find!Luv2dineDined on 8/21/2014Our experience could not have been better at this restaurant. From the beautiful bread and dipping oil to the delectable desserts, the meal was outstanding. Service also, was top notch. Can hardly wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside patioThiagoKDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I went to this place this week, to celebrate my birthday. It was a great experience. The quality and the presentation of the plates was very good.Special Features:
- lively casual chic/ reasonable foodtippiDined on 8/20/2014nice italian atmosphere, casual chic type, it makes you relax. the wine is good, the oil and vinegar dip becomes compulsive with the nice bread, the food per se healthy. Not so much a memory of a great meal but of a great time spent there. will go back!Special Features:
- The best food in town .EFoodyDined on 8/19/2014We really enjoy eating at Piatti. We like it so much that we went back again the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good bones: Not perfectWhitemiceVIPDined on 8/18/2014This place has squandered its potential to turnover tables and attract more people from the street. It has "good bones" but needs to get back to basics: customer service and comfort along with excellent foods. Some of the foods are just adequate, others are better. But when one is paying the high prices charged here, everything should be perfect. Fish should never be overdone. Salad should always be fresh, fresh, fresh. Every restaurant should offer symbols for vegan and gluten free. These are basics. Then, the wine and drink list should be comprehensive and affordable. BTW parking is impossible in this area.
- Lunch on the patioirreverentlyDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent. Ambience on the patio was great. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Tasting the Unusual & UniqueRLVegasDined on 8/12/2014What a joy to find menu items never tasted or tried before. We are in love with cauliflower cakes! And to have a great waiter patiently explain what to expect and how to mix/match to make them even better was added bonus. . Nothing like great service to bring customers back. Kudos! The menu is as vibrant as the room and the outdoor dining area.Special Features:
- AnneDined on 8/4/2014Piatti's is my favorite restaurant in La Jolla!!! Piatti's atmosphere especially dining outside, is warm and inviting. Their food is consistently delicious Italian.Special Features:
- foodie48Dined on 8/4/2014It took nearly on hour for our entrees to arrive but the food was excellent when it did come. Too bad the kitchen was so slow. I don't think it was our waiter's fault as he apologized several time for the wait.
- Extremely satisfied!FoodiesatisfactionDined on 8/4/2014My son recommended Piatti for my daughter-in-law's 40th birthday celebration. It was fantastic in every way! From our greeting by the hostess upon arrival to the birthday dessert we were all blown away! The waiter was knowledgable about the wines and menu items. We were provided with an amazing gluten free menu upon request. Each of our selections were delicious and very adequate in portion. The dipping oil at our table for the bread was loaded with garlic and scrumptious! The meal was reasonably priced and the perfect choice for our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful and the service was great as well !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Lasagna is wonderful. Great service. Grilled asparagus is great.Special Features:
- Delicious lunchgoingoutDined on 7/27/2014We had the most enjoyable lunch in their patio thanks to the tree that gave us shade from the direct sunlight. Taylor, our waitress was very attentive and answered all our questions. The fresh out of the oven bread and balsamic vinegar garlic oil was out of this world. We had the mushroom pasta with white sauce and the sausage pasta with a spicy zing to it. They were both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.