Piatti - La Jolla
2182 Avenida de la Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/lajolla/
- Phone: 8584541589
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pepe Ccapatinta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers catering for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Facilities: Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate events. We offer several menus at different price points, as well as an extensive wine list to complement your menu selections. Piatti features several areas for your banquet needs.
We offer a variety of event locations, including Indoor Banquet Space and two outdoor Patios.
- Private Party Contact: Kasey Avedesian 8584541589
A word from Piatti - La Jolla
A tradition to many La Jollans, this Italian bistro serves fresh authentic regional Italian cuisine. A landmark Ficus tree takes up one corner of their very popular patio, but the bright and cheerful dining room is delightful during the day or on those chilly evenings when it’s too cold to sit outside. The menu is presented in an innovative and creative fashion offering a wide variety of pastas, pizza and grilled items. In addition, you may find many vegetarian and health conscious dishes. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday and includes specialties such as Uovo Benedetto (Eggs Benefits served on grilled polenta with basil hollandaise) along with omelets and breakfast pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatti - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (170)neighborhood gem (167)romantic (96)special occasion (94)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (71)great for lunch (69)hot spot (49)kid-friendly (45)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (33)great for brunch (31)late-night find (14)scenic view (12)Show More
- Food and noise level disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Ambience very nice inside and out. Very noisy inside in bar area. Nice that there was a kids menu and so noisy it is a fine place to take kids. The cheese pizza on the kids menu is enormous and delicious. Wish that I could have said the same for my food. The sausage pasta dish was bland. The key lime pie way to sweet and not tart enough. The salad with mozzarella like cheese was the best of what I had. The cosmo drink was way too small for an $11 cocktail. All I all this place did not live up to my memories of being here in the distant past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the sam PerfectScottDined on 10/16/2014GReat Place we go often Consistent. Staff is professional attentive willing, flexible and want you happy.Special Features:
- Patio is great when . . .NeighborVIPDined on 10/14/2014Patio is great when the weather is nice. Don't care for inside seating -- too loud. Food always predictable and good!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014no matter the order, the bread & olive oil dip is fabulous!Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Everything about our Piatti experience was more that we expected. Service was excellent and the food was heavenly. We will definitely be back and thanks Rachael for making it so special.Special Features:
- A great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We had a fabulous time at piatti for my 27th birthday. Great food, a good house wine, and beautiful patio. What I was most impressed with was that I had noted in our open table reservation that it was my birthday and they gave us printed menus that said happy birthday Sara on top. It was a great touch and a wonderful night. Also my boyfriend doesn't usually like Italian food because he thinks it can be under seasoned but he loved it and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OhDebDined on 10/8/2014We dine at Piatti every chance we get. Special occasions? Piatti. An out-of-town visitor? Piatti. Need my fix for the Lemon Ravioli or the bread and Oil & Basalmic dip? Piatti. Fast and super friendly staff too. We go so often that I am surprised they don't just say "The usual?" because we often get seated at the same table. Our table. :)Special Features:
- Always great!KristenVIPDined on 10/4/2014The pastas are reliably good always! I tried the rib eye this time & it was delicious! Service was great too. This place never disappoints!Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor Everything ElseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Mediocre service all around, wannabe central, sad to see this go downhill. Food remains good. Used to be a neighborhood gem, now it's anyone's game. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food!golfandfoodDined on 10/2/2014I recommend the Rotollo! Sit on the patio foe great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerSeanVIPDined on 10/1/2014Had a really great dinner at Piatti. Great for a date night or special occasion. I'll definitely here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findneed2grubDined on 10/1/2014I spent a long time trying to find a romantic restaurant in the Mission Bay area where we stayed for the week. We were celebrating my wige's bday and our anniversary. I saw the great reviews and photos on yelp. The surroundig area was not the most eye appealing, but quickly changed once inside. I requested a table under the tree and they were nice to ablidge. Our waiter was awsome and the food was amazing. My wife was completely suprised and I scored some major points. This is a place we will defenately come back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeDeDined on 9/30/2014Piatti's never fails to meet my expectations. Very good food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Had a great night, everything was perfect. Next time I'm in San Diego, I'll go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningATeamDined on 9/27/2014Thank you for making our celebration so special. Service was excellent, food absolutely delicious, wine variety great. Only negative was it was very, very noisy - but that's because it was packed with happy diners at a deservedly popular restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian funJuniorDined on 9/27/2014A enjoyable and casual dining experience. The food was good and the service was adequate. The wine list is reasonable and a compliant to the menu. Very child friendly. We will return again for dinner.Special Features:
- SusanVIPDined on 9/25/2014The men in our group commented that the outdoor chairs were very uncomfortable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garlic festOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014One word garlic!!! Way too much, we actually tasted the next morning! The pizza had a good crust but again way too much garlic and it was cold. Hand made sausage pasta was nothing special and again way too much garlic. My wife had the shrimp pasta and the sauce was blah and way too much garlic. Will not go back.
- Request patio seatingLaneySVIPDined on 9/20/2014The restaurant was very accomodating. Freindly staff. Nice bar. We had an excellent dinner, Saturday evening, on the side patio, good service and a relaxing evening. Request a table outside if you are interested in carrying on a conversation with anyone in your party. It is quite energetic inside. Southern California casual attire - any day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place for lunchFoodisgoodDined on 9/19/2014Had a lovely lunch on a sunny Friday at Piatti's in La Jolla. Food was very good and so were the service and the ambiance. Great way to start the weekend.Special Features:
- Consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014Piatti is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant. I've been going for years and I'm never disappointed with the food. The noise level is really bad inside. Truly I could not hear the person next to me- and we had early reservations with the hope of less people thus less noise. Next time I'll eat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!PalatePeteDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I were visiting from Florida for a romantic birthday celebration. I had read reviews of Piatti online and so decided to make a reservation for our first evening in La Jolla. We ate outside in the courtyard and had an excellent experience. The ambiance is warm and charming, the food amazing and the staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Our server, Jessica, was especially kind, efficient and attentive and honestly made our meal even better. I've been to Italy numerous times, and know REAL Italian food well, so many American versions can seem a little pseudo, but Piatti hit it out of the ballpark! We will certainly return and would recommend this establishment to anyone - you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Fun at NightCatLoverDined on 9/15/2014We took a candidate that we were interviewing to this restaurant. We chose the patio outdoors, even though it was a hot night. We enjoyed all our entrees, and it was not as noisy as the inside tables so that we could talk to our candidate. Overall we had a good meal and enjoyed the patio.Special Features:
- Continues to be a favorite of oursjduarteDined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant in La Jolla near the beach. Gluten Free options available. Usually go for special occasions (birthdays: call ahead and they will print a menu with celebrants name on it). We like to sit in the patio area under lighted tree. This particular experience was saved by the delicious food (ordered sweetbreads, Italian Sausage with Gluten Free Pasta & Fish selection) as service was not up to the usual standards for Piatti. Atypical, as service is most often very attentive and knowledgeable, offering suggestions and explaining menu. Can't think of a time when we've ever ordered something we did not enjoy.Special Features:
- My favorite spot!kOreDined on 9/13/2014I love Piatti's! The patio is awesome, if you're having lunch or dinner! The bread, wine, and food is delicious!! I have recommended this place to many friends! Definitely a hidden GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice italianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014This place is nice, has good food and good service. Its a nice place to go when in the neighborhood. It is open all day wich makes it even more appealling. I went on friiday night, so ot is a litte more crowded, and a little noisy, but the food was very gogg and the wine list very nice.Special Features:
- too busy leading to server fatigueGourmetCritique4UDined on 9/12/2014Overall, the place to regularly visit however, because it gets really busy, few hosts and servers get arrogant which is the natural trend for all places of fame. Then customers slowly walk across the street to the next Italian restaurant abound in La Jolla and in san diego. The management is good and responsive but should be vigilant regarding host and server training. Never take any customer for granted and never assume "we have so many we do not need you."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner locationFoodisgoodDined on 9/11/2014The food was very good - a nice menu with many choices. Love sitting outside and dinning. Even if you live around the corner, you feel as though you are away on vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti's again4CANDYDined on 9/10/2014Every time we visit La Jolla.........Piatti's is a must. The menu does not change much but there is alot to like.Special Features:
- A trusted favoriteDonatellaDined on 9/8/2014I have been going to Piatti's in La Jolla for several years and the food is always exceptional! Would recommend Piatti's for celebrations and a nice dinner spot for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApprgoodDined on 9/7/2014Always rewarding. Have visited Piatti's many times over the years, and do not recall being disappointed. Great family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everything, but OK foodMarianarioDined on 9/6/2014The place was beautiful (we dined on the back patio) and the service very good. It was quiet and romantic, with a gorgeous massive old tree centering the patio. The herbed cauliflower cake appetizer was excellent but the dinner was just a little better thank OK. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my Wild mushroom r ricotta rotolo, but the flavors were generally bland, which was especially for my husband's lamb penne. The lamb meat was cooked well, soft and juicy, but the flavors, again were especially blend and the whole thing was not really coming together. I would still come back and recommend it to people for its great ambiance and very decent food, but keep in mind that the menu will definitely not wow your palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful waitress and you guys really made my boyfriend's birthday special with the menu plus free dessert!Special Features:
- Great Italian restaurant!GolferGirlVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our first time at Piatti - definitely not our last! The food was delicious, the waiter entertaining and very knowledgeable and their outdoor patio seating is wonderful! My husband and I shared the lamb ragu dish and at the suggestion of our waiter, opted for the homemade pasta rather than what was listed on the menu for only $1 more. Well worth it! Also had a very good dessert - vanilla ice cream with a terrific sauce poured over the top - don't remember exactly what it was but sure was good! This place is definitely worth several return trips!Special Features:
- Berry45Dined on 9/4/2014Piatti never disappoints! A go-to for our family for years. House guests love to go there!Special Features:
- Excellent evening outKAJODined on 9/3/2014Very enjoyable evening, excellent food and wine. Good selection on menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place! It's Amazing!! :)TheShanster19Dined on 9/3/2014One of my favorite Places. The food is always amazing. I love seeing all different people come here. I love their cocktails and wine list. I have an addiction to the bread and dip they bring out. I love having the Lemon Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli with Half & Half. Half Cream Half Tomato Sauce. It's so good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaints here!!MamaMiaDined on 9/3/2014This was our first time at Piatti and we will definitely return! The food and service was impeccable....eating out on the patio that surrounds that big beautiful tree was lovely....everything was done to perfection! The veal was tender and moist....the gorgonzola sauce on the pasta with grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes and asparagus is one dish I will definitely have again! They fill up quickly, so I would definitely make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemlajolladeliciousDined on 9/2/2014Have been eating at Piatti in La Jolla Shores for as long as I can remember. We've been vacationing in La Jolla for over 30 years and haven't missed dining at Piatti since they opened. Every year we look forward to our special menu favorites and are never disappointed. Obviously, we've aged just a little in 30 years and Piatti is always accommodating to our seating request which is now a quiet corner table.Special Features:
- We love Piattifood4usDined on 8/31/2014Anytime we are in the San Diego area, we always make sure we get to Piatti. We love the food and atmosphere! I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.