Piatti - La Jolla
2182 Avenida de la Playa
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - La Jolla
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/lajolla/
- Phone: (858) 454-1589
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pepe Ccapatinta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Piatti offers catering for parties of 40 or less.
- Private Party Facilities: Piatti is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions and corporate events. We offer several menus at different price points, as well as an extensive wine list to complement your menu selections. Piatti features several areas for your banquet needs.
We offer a variety of event locations, including Indoor Banquet Space and two outdoor Patios.
- Private Party Contact: Kasey Avedesian 8584541589
A word from Piatti - La Jolla
A tradition to many La Jollans, this Italian bistro serves fresh authentic regional Italian cuisine. A landmark Ficus tree takes up one corner of their very popular patio, but the bright and cheerful dining room is delightful during the day or on those chilly evenings when it’s too cold to sit outside. The menu is presented in an innovative and creative fashion offering a wide variety of pastas, pizza and grilled items. In addition, you may find many vegetarian and health conscious dishes. Brunch is served on Saturday and Sunday and includes specialties such as Uovo Benedetto (Eggs Benefits served on grilled polenta with basil hollandaise) along with omelets and breakfast pizzas.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Piatti - La Jolla reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (177)great for outdoor dining (175)romantic (105)special occasion (105)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (77)great for lunch (69)notable wine list (52)hot spot (50)kid-friendly (40)vibrant bar scene (38)great for brunch (27)late-night find (15)scenic view (7)Show More
- Special OccasionsChuckDined on 11/21/2014My wife and I always celebrate special occasions at Piatti's, La Jolla!. We have never been disappointed, food and service has always been the best! Jessica is an especially wonderful and caring server!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkcinsdVIPDined on 11/20/2014I brought my staff here to kick off a staff retreat and express my appreciation for their hard work. All eight of us had positive things to say about our orders. I highly recommend this restaurant! Food and service were top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday EverTastyBirthdayDined on 11/18/2014I came here for a friends birthday and I made the reservation but it was an amazing meal. Any and every single time I've been here it was amazing service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/18/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely return to try more dishes. The butternut ravioli was amazing the wine selection is not only extensive it is very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurantkpigVIPDined on 11/17/2014Visitors were in San Diego and their favorite restaurant is Piatti and we love it too. Food and service are outstanding. Love their many delicious choices and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diappointed regular customerYukieson13VIPDined on 11/14/2014I have eaten at Piatti"s many times and was surprised at how bad the service was at my last visit. We were rushed throughout the meal. The waitress had a terrible attitude and was very pushy. Instead of a relaxing evening I was stressed out by the end of the meal. I've had better service at Denny's. Food was good but not as good as I had in the past. Will not come back for awhile. Ver disappointed.
- Maybe too busy.LAjollanDined on 11/14/2014Food was over cooked, sever was not to be found and it took ages to get anything. That's why we didn't send food back. Patio is lovely otherwise.Special Features:
- Always reliably goodDarlaDined on 11/11/2014Good food, good service and great ambiance but lousy parking.Special Features:
- Always a winner!Jme493Dined on 11/11/2014Piatti's was perfect setting to have early dinner and catch up with with friends. Always on our short list of places for delicious food,knowledgable,attentive service and great patio dining and this was no exception. Kudos to Mathew for his menu suggestions and discreet,attentive service. Mixed frito misto, butternut squash ravioli and pumpkin cheesecake made a delicious dinner and ravioli for lunch the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative and traditionalghinaDined on 11/10/2014Even on a Monday night the restaurant was bustling. We decided to eat outside as it was quieter. The tree in the center of the patio was.magnificent. The waiter was nice enough to adjust the outdoor heaters for us. All three of us cleaned our plates. The dipping oil was a nice mix of balsamic, oil and herbs. Don't fill up though, we had to skip dessert because of this indulgence. We had a nice vegetable soup that was a consistent texture and cream based. Once tasted another was ordered. Although not a vegetarian I had pasta with wild mushroom sauce. The pasta was tender and the sauce delicious. The last bit of sauce was mopped up by the warm bread that was refilled. All around very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to dine4a22bdayDined on 11/10/2014Everything was exceptional, however due to the road being torn up and huge and very loud machinery was running late, immediately outside, we were unable to sit on the lovely patio area. This was the only disappointment which will hopefully not be an issue for long.Special Features:
- becoming the go-to place for usDCtravelerDined on 11/6/2014My friends and I have come here another year when I visited them in San Diego. We always have a good time 😊 and the food is always delicious. Never a disappointment. Affordable, friendly and comfortable dining in La Jolla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Italian gem.RBJeanneVIPDined on 11/5/2014We had a great group dinner. The food was very tasty and the atmosphere was energetic. The sweetbread appetizers were delicious. We had a variety of entries and all were well received. Finally the desserts were excellent. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To popular for meRelgaVIPDined on 11/5/2014It was so loud we couldn't hear the other side of the same table. Avoid during busy dinner hours..otherwise fineSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/5/2014Typically terrific!! As always.....................Special Features:
- excellentbsmitty24Dined on 11/1/2014I had an excellent time in my 6 month anniversary with my gf here. We sat outside by the giant ficus and the ambiance was so romantic. Food was delicious and no to expensive at that. Overall it is a great find and I will more than likely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buon Appetto!StashDined on 11/1/2014We've been dining at Piatti's for many year and have always enjoyed the food, friendly service and ambience that the staff executes. We have had graduations dinners there with large groups and have had excellent service. Always enjoyed the Pasta dishes especially the Ravioli stuffed with ricotta in a lemon sauce. The cocktails, wine list and after dinner drinks along with espresso are great. Manager and staff all friendly and service oriented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween visitHyRayVIPDined on 10/31/2014Friday is eating out so despite it being Halloween we were at our local favorite Piatti's. It was great fun because the wait staff were all in costume. A good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Great Food, Staff and Restaurant!ChicchickVIPDined on 10/29/2014I was in a rush to go on a kayaking tour and the restaurant seated me right away and took my order quickly as I had requested. I had the butternut pizza with some fresh fruit juice and everything was fantastic! I sat outside which was lovely and clean. The fresh bread and balsamic vinegar mixture was fantastic - I even had seconds and the server brought me some more! The service here was wonderful and when I was in a rush to leave the restaurant I forgot my pizza box on the table and the server remembered me and reminded me to take it as I walked out. Great place!! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Beautiful ExperienceDining4luvDined on 10/28/2014I brought a friend visiting from LA. We started with their complimentary bread (excellent) and dipping sauce (balsamic, olive oil, garlic & parsley), and a bottle of Chianti Classico. We ordered a frito misto of calamari and shrimp with an aioli dipping sauce, so good that we could have stopped there. But we didn't. Next, we split a mixed green salad as a prelude to our main courses. My friend surprised me with antipasto of beef carpaccio that was second only to one that I had in Milan. Finally, my friend had Veal Picatta with a white wine-lemon-caper sauce that was perfecly breaded and cooked. My choice was fusilloni with octopus in a tomato sauce. It was perfectly cooked, but the sauce hid the flavor of the octopus.Special Features:
- Great La Jolla locationlajollafavDined on 10/25/2014This is my second time coming and on both occasions, I had a reservation, showed up early, and was immediately seated. The restaurant is always full and usually has a wait so I do recommend getting a reservation. However, obviously it is busy because the food and service are outstanding and at VERY affordable prices. A definite must visit for anyone who loves the coast and good Italian food!Special Features:
- SEriously, one of the bestsdcheeseDined on 10/25/2014Great time (as always) at Piatti's. The food and service was excellent, making the overall experience an amazing time.Special Features:
- Great attention to detail.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Great service and food. Went for my wife's birthday and she was very pleased with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual Diningbeech10Dined on 10/21/2014Then reservation system worked well. We were accommodated even though we had a change in party number. Seated promptly. The wine recommendation was excellent. Our food was good. We did not feel rushed. We dined under the tree in the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristinaAChristinaA1214VIPDined on 10/19/2014Fantastic food. Great atmosphere. Love the our server. She was outgoing, knowledgeable about the menu & had a great demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandyDined on 10/18/2014We love going to Piattis whenever we are in the Shores. Great neighborhood atmosphere and food. This last visit, they were very careful to make sure I was comfortable since I am using crutches. Really went out of their way. Great food and attention! The "layered pasta" offering is lasagna. Different name. Still very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JkogzDined on 10/18/2014I went to this restaurant with my parents for my birthday and we were absolutely amazed by the incredible food. So much flavor and everything was cooked perfectly...incredible selection and the service was incredible as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and noise level disappointingBirthdaybluesDined on 10/16/2014Ambience very nice inside and out. Very noisy inside in bar area. Nice that there was a kids menu and so noisy it is a fine place to take kids. The cheese pizza on the kids menu is enormous and delicious. Wish that I could have said the same for my food. The sausage pasta dish was bland. The key lime pie way to sweet and not tart enough. The salad with mozzarella like cheese was the best of what I had. The cosmo drink was way too small for an $11 cocktail. All I all this place did not live up to my memories of being here in the distant past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the sam PerfectScottDined on 10/16/2014GReat Place we go often Consistent. Staff is professional attentive willing, flexible and want you happy.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemlouibDined on 10/15/2014I have been dining at Piatti's with friends, family and business associates for over 15 years. The food is always great, I love the brick chicken the ravioli's are also wonderful! We enjoy dining at the bar probably even more than sitting at a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio is great when . . .NeighborVIPDined on 10/14/2014Patio is great when the weather is nice. Don't care for inside seating -- too loud. Food always predictable and good!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2014no matter the order, the bread & olive oil dip is fabulous!Special Features:
- Great patio diningRobertNVIPDined on 10/12/2014I just had a birthday celebration at Piatti's and as always they made it a special event. Lots of variety on the menu, but the osso buco is always outstanding if you are there on a day its being prepared (generally Thursdays)Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/9/2014Everything about our Piatti experience was more that we expected. Service was excellent and the food was heavenly. We will definitely be back and thanks Rachael for making it so special.Special Features:
- A great birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We had a fabulous time at piatti for my 27th birthday. Great food, a good house wine, and beautiful patio. What I was most impressed with was that I had noted in our open table reservation that it was my birthday and they gave us printed menus that said happy birthday Sara on top. It was a great touch and a wonderful night. Also my boyfriend doesn't usually like Italian food because he thinks it can be under seasoned but he loved it and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OhDebDined on 10/8/2014We dine at Piatti every chance we get. Special occasions? Piatti. An out-of-town visitor? Piatti. Need my fix for the Lemon Ravioli or the bread and Oil & Basalmic dip? Piatti. Fast and super friendly staff too. We go so often that I am surprised they don't just say "The usual?" because we often get seated at the same table. Our table. :)Special Features:
- Always great!KristenVIPDined on 10/4/2014The pastas are reliably good always! I tried the rib eye this time & it was delicious! Service was great too. This place never disappoints!Special Features:
- Good Food, Poor Everything ElseOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/3/2014Mediocre service all around, wannabe central, sad to see this go downhill. Food remains good. Used to be a neighborhood gem, now it's anyone's game. Sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Never MissesEKOekoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Piatti remains a go-to for almost any occasion: a nice luncheon, a romantic dinner, a personal indulgence. The service is spot-on, the food is wonderfully prepared and presented. Vegetarian diners won't feel left out here, so I feel I can bring anyone here for a great meal.Special Features:
- great food!golfandfoodDined on 10/2/2014I recommend the Rotollo! Sit on the patio foe great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.