Piatti - Danville
100 Sycamore Valley Road
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Danville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/index2.html
- Phone: 9258382082x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am -
10:00pm; Saturday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm. On Sundays, Brunch is served from 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Piatti - Danville
Ristorante Piatti features a menu with recipes complimenting the various regions of Italy. It has a casual yet sparkling atmosphere with authentic regional Italian cuisine. Piatti's success can be attributed to its staff and its approach to food, wine, and the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Danville - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Piatti - Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (140)great for lunch (116)special occasion (112)neighborhood gem (110)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (87)great for brunch (66)romantic (52)vibrant bar scene (49)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (30)notable wine list (28)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Basic Italian - nothing specialMeravigliosoDined on 8/30/2014The food was average. I had a small Caesar salad that I swear must not of had any Caesar dressing on it. And when I say small -- I mean small. The wood fired pizza was decent but again nothing special. Matter of fact the fennel sausage was fairly tasteless. Kudos for the dipping sauce for the bread. Service was marginal.Special Features:
- JenniferOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Good food. Great service. Tables too close together. Extremely noisy. We wanted a quiet romantic dinner, but instead it was chaotic and loud. Good place for very casual dining, and watching a game on a TV. Not a good choice if you want an intimate upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Meh for the pricecitylightsandcatsDined on 8/24/2014The check was 117 for two people with only one glass of wine, an appetizer and two entrees. I would expect to pay that (actually probably more) at a mortons or ruth Chris type place but here my steak was undercooked and our appetizer, the ahi tuna was so peppered it was hard to eat. My boyfriend enjoyed his sole however. Its a nice restaurant but way over priced for their mediocre quality of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely accommodatingFoodiefanaticDined on 8/23/2014I called ahead to request a booth for just two people. I felt bad taking up a booth for only two people, however my partner is severely hearing impaired and has a difficult time hearing a conversation if not in a booth. The staff completely accommodated my request. The service and food were outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable always fresh!!CheriDined on 8/23/2014Piatti may be a chain but they never act like one. I asked for a birthday menu, a gluten free menu, and the patio, all graciously provided without a hitch. They always have fresh in- season local produce, beautiful fresh fish, and homemade pasta. There menu has enough variety to please everyone. They are patient with families with children. It is our go to place for a lovely meal in Danville when we have more then the two of us and varied tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti is a hit, again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great as always. Never a miss, impeccable service and outrageously excellent and inventive menu. Desserts are too damn good, though. Wretched excess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS a great dining experiencechowhoundDined on 8/22/2014To sit out on the patio in the shade with the fountain bubbling, it is such a perfect place for a delicious, relaxing summer lunch. And of course the food and the service is ALWAYS superb. Our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencefluffyfoodieDined on 8/20/2014I am never disappointed at Piatti's. The food is always the freshest and the wait staff is very accommodating. I like the fact that they are always changing their menu to provide the freshest seasonal food available. I miss the three course menu they once had.Special Features:
- Delightful!SusieDined on 8/19/2014We were warmly welcomed, service was outstanding, they honored our request for a window table and the food was perfect. It was our granddaughter's 7th birthday and they included her name on the top of the menu, gave her the ingredients to make her own pizza, brought her a complimentary dessert and our waiter, Terrence, was gracious and friendly with us and her. It was the perfect birthday evening for her and for us to share with her. She even had her first 'Shirley Temple' :-) I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. We have never been disappointed at Piatti's!Special Features:
- Great fresh foodfun2dineDined on 8/16/2014Always great food. Simply and fresh tasty dishes. Lovely drink selections a menu item for all tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy early dinnerLeeshyVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had reservations for 4:45 for dinner (and no, I'm not in the senior citizen crowd!) and we were seated promptly. My husband and I both ordered pasta dishes. He had a special with home made sausage and mushrooms. It was very filling. Mine was fettuccine with heirloom tomatoes and pancetta. Didn't find much pancetta in there but the dish was tasty. We finished with a scoop of gelato for me and apple crisp for hubby. They were both tasty, the apple crisp has a great topping on it too! The only thing that detracted from a great experience was seeing the Justin Beiber look alike host shotgunning a Monster energy drink. Not professional at all.Special Features:
- On the rise againCookeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Well I have been very vocal about the decline and then sporadic improvement in food taste, service, and management however, I will say our experience this time was significantly improved. My food was seasoned and tasty, our waiter very friendly and attentive, and really enjoyed our dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014We had a very noisy loud large group next to us and were thoughtfully accommodated with a move to a more quiet area by the host. Appreciated.Special Features:
- Reliably goodMommamikelDined on 8/13/2014Piatti's has been a good choice whenever I have been there. The noise level used to be high, but was okay. Perhaps it is the rearrangement of seating since I was there before. It may be loud during the bar scene. The service was a little inattentive. The coffee refill was late plus lukewarm. The food was good. I chose Piatti's as the place to go with a friend I had not seen for years. We could hear each other, enjoy a good meal and stay talking after we finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableFoodfanDined on 8/11/2014We only go to Piatti a couple of times a year but every time we do its is excellent. Even the simplest thing like the roasted chicken is well prepared and quite delicious. I had the pork chop this time and was very happy with flavor, tenderness and temperature. It was perfectly cooked to medium and very juicy. We will definitely keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first visitJ2wiceDined on 8/11/2014Made reservations here to celebrate my wife's birthday. Upon arrival, the table we initially had reserved was given away, but we weren't being too demanding and was seated promptly. They had made a specialized menu that had a "happy birthday" wish for my wife at the top. The food was great! It began with warm bread and a vinegar and oil dip. The appetizers were tasteful. Recommend trying the prawns. The main courses were 50/50. The pork chop was flavored great. However, the fettuccine was a little bland and lacked protein. The desserts were on the mark. Overall, the experience was pleasant. Either the owner or manager gave us a complimentary crab cake appetizer and a dessert for it being our first visit. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodating!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/9/2014One of the things I especially liked is that I wanted to modify one of their dinner specials and replace the Petrale Sole with their Salmon. Our waiter didn't hesitate to provide that change and my entrée was exactly as I wanted. Very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RicChiefVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food is always great and the service is very good. A little noisy but it was a busy Sat night.Special Features:
- Great Service, Great FoodManuDined on 8/9/2014We have been going to Piatti for years now - the service is always great and the food is delicious. The outdoor area is perfect for brunch.Special Features:
- Piatti always deliversfoodisfunDined on 8/6/2014Have enjoyed Piatti many times and always re-impressed each visit. The menu is fresh and creative, the service attentive and it's a pleasure for a casual quick lunch, or a special occasion dinner. They offer health aware options so everyone in your party can enjoy, and it's indulgent no matter what you choose.Special Features:
- Our favorite placeloveitDined on 8/2/2014We love this restaurant! Everything we've ordered is great! We took some friends and they agreed the chopped salad was the best salad ever (who raves about salad?)The filet mignon is always perfect and full of flavor, as is the baked chicken (again who raves about chicken?) . I have to eat gluten free and sugar free and they are very careful. They are happy to move side dishes around, etc. Great service!Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualchickDined on 8/1/2014Always excellent service and great food, We had the Petrale Sole and it was the best we ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime gemabby1normalDined on 7/29/2014Have NEVER been disappointed at Danville Piatti. Staff is always pleasantly professional, Terence was especially talented. Foood has always been rustically wonderful. Spinach/cheese ravs were amazing. Consistently a satisfying experience.Special Features:
- Relax Free Great AmbianceGMSRPDined on 7/29/2014Decided to have a meal out during the weekday in the Tri-Valley on a hot evening. Piatti of Danville was our first choice. They were quite packed for a Tuesday night, but fortunately I made reservations through OpenTable and got the time slot that we wanted. The atmosphere was buzzing with patrons enjoying their company and the summer food selections, And the wines and spirits did help in toning down the crowd after a hard day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/29/2014While the lunch was tasty. I was disappointed that my salad came out with dressing when I had ordered it on the side. My guest was polite and waited for my salad to come back out before they began eating their lunch which was a warm dish.
- Piatti Does IT AgainwhitegatephilVIPDined on 7/25/2014We keep coming back because Piatti Danville has it all: pleasant surroundings, consistently excellent food (plus a gluten free menu) and always the best in service. They actually go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable evening. The only negative is that it gets pretty noisy inside the restaurant, so dine outside in the summer and eat earlier when nit's too cold to be outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebration for 2 FriendsBDayLeosDined on 7/24/2014Invited a friend to celebrate our July birthdays at Piatti's. Dined on the patio. Our waiter was very attentive. Food was excellent. Ambience was perfect. A charming afternoon for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining at Piatti'sChristyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Every time we have lunch or dinner at Piatti's, the food is excellent and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- Good, not Great!ManonDined on 7/20/2014Had brunch outside on the patio. Wonderful ambiance, food was good. Service was mediocre, but I was dining with great company, so overall had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular site with average foodAlamojoeDined on 7/19/2014Have not dined here in six months due to disappointing experiences. Again, food was bland in flavor. No one had high compliments about anything. I had risotto that came out like oatmeal swimming in some liquid. It was quickly replaced with a tasteless but drier version. Probably a good place to go for cocktails and starters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Experiencelovtodine1Dined on 7/19/2014Great Food, Service and Chardonnay. What more could you ask for.Special Features:
- CONSISTENTLY YUMMY!!PBeeVeeDined on 7/17/2014Piatti is a restaurant that offers great food in a lovely atmosphere. The wait staff are on their game and management is ever present supporting the staff. I enjoy the outdoor dining. It feels like you are at home in your own backyard relaxing and eating fine food. Also, if you have kids the create your own pizza comes to the table and your child gets to prepare it for the oven with the sauce, cheese and toppings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food with $$$ prices!enricoDined on 7/15/2014I bet that his chain Italian restaurant does not have a authentic Italian cook in the kitchen. With those prices, they can afford to hire at least one experienced Italian cook. The quality of food is going down here while the prices are going up. Stay hungry my friends and look for better Italian food joints!Special Features:
- Appreciate the ServiceItsAnthonyRDined on 7/12/2014I love this restaurant because even though I am only a teenager, they treat me as they do any other customer. I've had some bad experiences with disrespectful waiters at other places, but service here is always great. 5 stars from meSpecial Features:
- a go-to spotfoodieDined on 7/10/2014Never lets us down. The bread and olive oil dip are worth coming back again and again. Always great food and fun flavors. This is by far a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti Never Disappoints!MotherRocksDined on 7/10/2014I mostly make the trek to Danville for Piatti on special occasions (they will print special greetings on your copies of the menu), but sometimes a warm summer night is special occasion enough! Cocktails and wine are very good, and the bread is to live for! Crusty outside, with a perfect balsamic and spice-infused dipping oil that takes pure determination to stop eating. Most salads on the menu are a good bet; they are substantial with a flair for dramatic. We love the Bolognese, Spicy Prawn Chitarra, Risotto... and they offer pastas and salads in two sizes to suit varying appetites and sharing dishes. Piatti has a very pleasant, upbeat ambiance, at once romantic and boisterous. It's a classy, warm place to have a GREAT MEAL! Do it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!nygirl3Dined on 7/5/2014Met some friends here on Saturday evening who live in Contra Costa. Had a lovely evening with good food and great visit with friends. We were seated in a separate, smaller room away from the main dining room where it was not as noisy as the main dining room. Service was attentive and friendly. We will surely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014A great place Fun ,great service and amazing foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyablemijoeatsDined on 7/4/2014We were a family group of 7 adults. We sat outside, recommended as inside can be very noisy. Waiter was friendly, helpful explaining questions about entrees, good service. Food was good. We've been there before and have always had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great mealchowhoundDined on 7/2/2014We love Piatti's. The food is always excellent, the service is always perfect. And being able to sit out on their patio on a beautiful summer day or evening is just lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.